Halloween Ends

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
s0vtbxLa-N8

Based on how many Halloween timelines there are though, am sure there will be some other timeline of films planned and made at some point. stick out tongue

riv6672

Kazenji
No doubt I'll probably check this out , Just to see how it all ends

I want them to bring back Nightmare on Elm Street, Even if Robert Englund doesn't want to reprise the role.

riv6672
Jackie Earle Haley Did a good job as Freddy; the movie was mediocre though.

BruceSkywalker
Might pass but will wat and see

DeadpoolXXX
wait there's a 4 year time-skip in this? wonder why they did that.

anyways, i'll watch because i am curious how the trilogy ends. also curious if they'll explain the supernatural part of michael a bit more.

riv6672
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
wait there's a 4 year time-skip in this? wonder why they did that.

^^^Give Lori time to get over her daughter?

Ridley_Prime
https://i.imgur.com/psSkKIM.jpg

Unlike Laurie's other timeline kids, at least Karen got some kind of closure. I liked Jamie in the "Laurie dies" timeline, but then Halloween 6 happened...

Fun fact, Danielle Harris who played Jamie played a different character in the Rob Zombie Halloween's.

But yeah, is mainly because of Halloween 6 that the series got rebooted (soft and hard reboots) like, three times? Laurie died around the beginning of Resurrection because Jamie Lee Curtis just wanted out that early. Maybe she didn't want to share screen time with Busta Rhymes? Then I guess she saw what happened with the Rob Zombie films and decided she needed to be back again after.

riv6672
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
https://i.imgur.com/psSkKIM.jpg

Unlike Laurie's other timeline kids, at least Karen got some kind of closure. I liked Jamie in the "Laurie dies" timeline, but then Halloween 6 happened...

Fun fact, Danielle Harris who played Jamie played a different character in the Rob Zombie Halloween's.

But yeah, is mainly because of Halloween 6 that the series got rebooted (soft and hard reboots) like, three times? Laurie died around the beginning of Resurrection because Jamie Lee Curtis just wanted out that early. Maybe she didn't want to share screen time with Busta Rhymes? Then I guess she saw what happened with the Rob Zombie films and decided she needed to be back again after.
^^^Very nice, Ty; Upvote thumb up

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
Jackie Earle Haley Did a good job as Freddy; the movie was mediocre though.

Englund would like to see Kevin Bacon take over the role.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Englund would like to see Kevin Bacon take over the role.
^^^REALLY?
Wow, what a choice. Bacon can play a pretty good bad guy when he wants to, and Freddy is pretty bad.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^REALLY?
Wow, what a choice. Bacon can play a pretty good bad guy when he wants to, and Freddy is pretty bad.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/331451/kevin-bacon-up-for-replacing-robert-englund-as-freddy-krueger/

Kazenji
Seems like this final installment is 50/50 for movie reviews.

Ridley_Prime
So I heard.. Will wait to see on Monday or so at the earliest. While Halloween Kills was a step down from the 2018 film, still curious enough for this one.

BruceSkywalker
anyone watch yet??

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
So I heard.. Will wait to see on Monday or so at the earliest. While Halloween Kills was a step down from the 2018 film, still curious enough for this one.

I still need to see Halloween Kills, I have a copy of it on Blu-Ray.

Estacado
What happened to him being super natural?

Wasnt that the whole point of the previous movie?

riv6672

Psychotron
It was a solid meh. Michael is barely in it.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I haven't even seen Kills yet. I heard such bad things that I'm not sure I have much interest. Maybe eventually.

Galan007
Just watched this.

At first it seemed like Michael's "supernatural" abilities had been transferred to Corey during their initial encounter in the tunnel. That would have at least explained why Michael seemed so weak and decrepit -- to the point where Corey(the dude who had been getting bullied by high schoolers beforehand, lol) was able to straight up overpower him and take his mask... But then it seemed like Michael was back in beast mode later on... But then he went back into feeble mode against Laurie... So I don't f*cking know. /shrug

On that note, the fact that Corey(a 25 year old full grown man) kept getting manhandled by a couple high school kids was so laughably stupid that it pretty much took me out of the movie by itself. ffs.

Also, Laurie's granddaughter knew Corey for less than a week, but still went all "f*ck you grandma!! Corey is just the bestest!! He is so much betterer than you!!" Like wtf?

But anyway, Corey's death was never outright confirmed(even though it definitely *seemed* like he was dead), so it's possible that he could return with Michael's abilities in a "Halloween LIVES!!!!!!!!" sequel... But I hope to god that doesn't happen. Shit character with a shit premise.

tl;dr
There isn't much on the positive side to say about this movie. It just... Wasn't good at all. Definitely the worst film of this trilogy, imo

DeadpoolXXX
how much was revealed about michael's powers? last movie set them up as something very metaphysical and supernatural.

Galan007
Virtually nothing.

At most there was a vague implication that Michael's abilities may have sorta/kinda passed into Corey, and that Corey was trying to figure out how to become more powerful each time he killed... But that's literally it. No legit explanations or reveals.

Darth Thor
^ That just makes the last one bad too.

Will probably catch this when its on cable.

Ridley_Prime
After the previous film, I figured this wasn't gonna be a great sendoff particularly, but I still enjoyed this a lot more than Halloween Kills, personally. Didn't mind Corey's premise, but the granddaughter's attachment to him was forced, yeah.

If anything, this new soft rebooted timeline ought to have ended with the previous film, but it was a planned trilogy, so they had to give Michael a way out with Halloween Kills, even when he had a whole mob ambush and gang up on him. I think it was a mistake to go on some supernatural angle with him to begin with like what the ending of Halloween Kills set up, especially when this final film didn't do a good job of explaining it, to not much surprise.

DeadpoolXXX
saw it. didn't hate it, but i didn't like it if that makes sense. for me, halloween (2018)>kills>end.

i didn't even understand what corey's purpose was in this movie at all? it was never explained why michael randomly took a liking to him, and why they partnered up. just doesn't make sense to me unless they are intentionally leaving it ambiguous and open ended for another sequel in the future, where corey becomes the new michael or something. but that is stupid either way. it should have only been michael as the villain.. having some 20 year old dork as a co-killer made no sense.

i also didn't understand why michael was so ****ing weak in this? i saw a few people online say it was because he hadn't killed in 4 years, and because he "draws his power from death" or whatever he was weakened. but in the first movie the guy had gone like 40 years without killing but was still an absolute wrecking ball. again, it was never explained at all so it made no sense.

Patient_Leech
Watched Kills and Ends kind of back-to-back.

They're non-sensical and of course too self-serious. But I enjoyed them for what they are.. kind of modern slasher schlock.

I didn't mind the Corey character. I knew watching it that people would complain about him taking focus away from Michael, but the dynamic was interesting instead of going back and doing a backstory on Michael again or something. You have to fill the runtime somehow. It worked well enough.

Patient_Leech
I didn't hate Kills as much as they did, I guess I don't see it as making much literal sense. It's more of a Horror fairytale, haha. But they do make many valid points.

(I need to rewatch 2018)

90joZNE9oOA

K71JAJMWeco

fDQF96e0V9c

Galan007
My biggest issue with Corey is that... Nothing was explained.

Why did Michael initially pull him into the tunnel and not kill him? Why did they team-up later? How did Corey overpower Michael and take his mask(when he was getting bullied by high school kids beforehand, lol)? Hell, why did Corey even start killing in the first place? All of that was glossed over -- there was just a vague(but never directly mentioned) insinuation that some sort of weird essence-transfer thing might've happened during their original encounter in the tunnel, but that's it.

Anyway, I didn't dislike Kills nearly as much as most. Actually thought it was fun for what it was... Was more enjoyable than Ends, imo. /shrug

Patient_Leech
I mean, if you're asking those questions you might as well ask why was Michael hanging out in a sewer for 4 years in the first place? lol (I think there should be a Michael vs Pennywise spin-off, haha)..

And it DID sort of hint at why Corey started killing. He was seemingly pushed in that direction because Michael disappeared and he became the town's new object of denigration.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Galan007
Why did Michael initially pull him into the tunnel and not kill him? Why did they team-up later? How did Corey overpower Michael and take his mask(when he was getting bullied by high school kids beforehand, lol)?

I think it was like brothers or friends tussling. They weren't really trying to hurt each other.. haha

Ridley_Prime
Halloween 2018 was great and planned real well where they went all out. It seems they burnt themselves out with that film though; made it to where they couldn't top themselves after, leaving them with not as much idea on where to go with the next two films. They were contracted to do a trilogy though, but mostly blew their quality on the first one, while making things up as they went along with the next two.

If there was as much forethought for the whole trilogy as there was for the first film out of it, Corey would've been introduced a film or two earlier instead of the final one, giving him a bit more development and time with coping or with the granddaughter before he would become the next Michael Myers or whatever. He wouldn't have to play as an important a part until the final film, but you would still see the setup we got from him as the accidental killer babysitter, and sending a message about society with the town giving him shit for what happened while Michael's still out killing instead of just hanging around in a sewer tunnel. At least, that's how I would've done it.

Corey was more or less a homage to Michael's niece in the original sequel timeline, who they kinda had the right idea with until Halloween 6 happened which they then had to soft reboot to the H20 timeline, and so on...

I think Michael wanted to see how Corey would do, so he stepped back a bit to see how Corey would do things. Corey failed Michael's test when it came to confronting Laurie however, and that was when Michael returned and took the mask back. I think either Michael let Corey borrow the mask to see how he would do with it, or Michael wasn't strong enough during the moment when Corey was wrestling him to take the mask from him, and Michael took that personal which was why he got violent with Corey when he went to Laurie's house. I don't know, but like I said, the nature of their relationship was sorta meant to be ambiguous as Patient_Leech pointed out, aside from Michael seeing a bit of himself inside Corey; evil recognizing evil and all that.

As far as Corey's motivation for killing, a sort of issue is it didn't start out the same as with Michael's, though I figured he would start out with the people that had wronged him before like those zoomer band geeks. Galan here ridiculed Corey for getting bullied by them, but I think Corey knew that assaulting minors in public as an adult would be a bad look for him after the reputation he had already garnered. Basically, the first encounter I would've given a pass, with that being their freebie, but the 2nd encounter after leaving the party I would've fought back in self-defense. I also wouldn't of flattened their tire even with Laurie offering the opportunity to do so since that would've only aggravated them to get back at me later.

Why band geeks of all people as the bullies though? I guess the football player bully trope had already run dry, but that seemed kinda weird. Also one of the girls that was with them was all "knock it off guys" each time they picked on Corey. If I was her I would've left them and not been in Corey's crosshair whenever he would snap, but that was just another one of the bad writing parts.

I think people have been too harsh on this film though. Most that I've seen hate on it just only have an attachment to Michael and not the other recurring characters or new character in this case. Even with Michael's vague supernatural ability though (drawing his strength from death/killing), his age was going to catch up to him sooner or later. People just got too used to seeing their favorite fictional serial killer always come back somehow, and so when a film finally put a definitive end to him, they didn't like it. This was meant to be Laurie's final outing too, so had to end it somehow.

I too believe Corey is not fully dead, but rather than some kind of followup film with him, I think it's more likely that there'll just be another movie timeline for Halloween in some years since Myers is too popular to simply stay dead forever, but I'm fine with this as a conclusion to him for now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.