Blondie (2019)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Has anyone seen this Marilyn Monroe biopic yet? Similar to The Lost City of Z and The Greatest Showman, it is not exactly the most accurate biography (which honestly works in this film's favor imo because her life was far more positive than the film portrays and yet it also manages to convey some of the social causes that she actually fought for), but conveys a story centered around captivating characters, enchanting performances, and enrapturing cinematography and score. It's a definite Oscar Sweeper contender, especially for best Best Actress, Adapted Screenplay, and Cinematography, and I am very glad to have had the cinematic experience of watching what is an exaggerated but still obviously heartfelt and masterfully told biopic about a paragon of beauty and innocence being tragically corrupted by the American Dream. 10/10 imo

* Btw the "controversial" scene is a quick 2-seconds showing the inside of Monroe's womb during a questionable abortion, literally no-or-less graphic than your average TLC pregnancy show, so don't be worried about it unless you're the ultimate prude stick out tongue

Robtard
It's called "Blonde" stick out tongue

I watched it last week, I overall enjoyed it, Ana de Armas (who looks stunning) did a great job with Marilyn's voice and mannerism, though her Spanish accent slightly sneaks in a couple lines. but the story itself is a mixed bag of good, okay and not good.

My main issue was the directing and cinematography. The director for some reason thought it would be cute to try some avant-garde esque nonsense where he filmed most of it in a 4:3 (square) format, but other parts in wide screen and some other parts in some assclown format. The color pallet seemed to be all over the place too at times. I get if he wanted the 4:3 format to make you feel like you're watching an older film, but f**k you, pick one, *******, as it didn't add to the movie here.

Old Man Whirly!
Blondie would have been better mind! Who didn't have a poster of Debbie Horry? Donnie, Donnie!

tkitna
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Blondie would have been better mind! Who didn't have a poster of Debbie Horry? Donnie, Donnie!

I never had a poster of Debbie Horry.

laughing

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Robtard
It's called "Blonde" stick out tongue

I watched it last week, I overall enjoyed it, Ana de Armas (who looks stunning) did a great job with Marilyn's voice and mannerism, though her Spanish accent slightly sneaks in a couple lines.

She couldn't even speak English only a few years ago.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
She couldn't even speak English only a few years ago.

I give her mad props for her role here. She should get a best actress nod for this.

Lestov16

Robtard
Nice fanfic, but if Putin heard McClane was coming, he'd just ragequit life smile

As a Spanish speaker, could be I'm more prone to hear it. But it was only as few lines and it was barely there.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by tkitna
I never had a poster of Debbie Horry.

laughing ahh, she was a mastabatory fantasy of early puberty for me.Originally posted by jaden_2.0
She couldn't even speak English only a few years ago. interesting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.