Rebels Darth Vader vs Obi Wan Kenobi show Darth Vader (see details)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
When was Darth Vader better or more powerful out of : Rebels when he dueled Ahsoka or the Obi Wan Kenobi show Darth Vader and which will be best out of the following:

1. Light Sabers
2. Force powers
3. All out anything goes

Darth Thor
Rebels Vader.

Not sure he was ever better than Peak Obi-Wan though.

Forschbewithu
Definitely Rebels Vader. I know this time period has been referred to as his peak, but it is open to interpretation on what that means. By the time of rebels, his presence in the dark side is at its peak - barely any trace of Anakin Skywalker is left until he learns of his son in the OT.

I would say all versions of Vader are more powerful than Kenobi. At no point did Obi-wan ever defeat Vader because he is more powerful - it has always been due to other factors that drive the story.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Definitely Rebels Vader. I know this time period has been referred to as his peak, but it is open to interpretation on what that means. By the time of rebels, his presence in the dark side is at its peak - barely any trace of Anakin Skywalker is left until he learns of his son in the OT.

I would say all versions of Vader are more powerful than Kenobi. At no point did Obi-wan ever defeat Vader because he is more powerful - it has always been due to other factors that drive the story. He beat Anakin in a fist-fight while undercover in TCW. He beat him in a fair fight in the Kenobi finale.

Anakin and Obi-Wan were even in RoTS, but in the Kenobi finale he solidly was beating Vader the entire fight.

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by Jmanghan
He beat Anakin in a fist-fight while undercover in TCW. He beat him in a fair fight in the Kenobi finale.

Anakin and Obi-Wan were even in RoTS, but in the Kenobi finale he solidly was beating Vader the entire fight.

I never said Kenobi didn't beat Vader fair and square. They faught multiple times, and Vader lost multiple times. What I'm saying is the reason why Kenobi is able to defeat Vader is NOT because he's more powerful than him.

Darth Thor
^ He seemed more powerful in the Kenobi finale. Have you seen it?

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ He seemed more powerful in the Kenobi finale. Have you seen it?

Lol. Yes. He's definitely powerful. I would argue that you can certainly put him in the same tier as Mace, Yoda, Dooku, rots Anakin, etc.

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor
^ Yeah I was gonna say that even if Vader was conflicted or underestimated him, still Kenobi overpowered him pretty badly, so that would still leave room for them to be equals if both at peak condition (which it appears from your quote that they were).

As for the Amp, that seems to be permanent from that point, given how quickly he dealt with Maul later, and still held his own against ANH Vader (despite Vader claiming the Old Mans powers had weakened by this point).

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx
On topic:

Rebels Vader should be more powerful and less emotional than OWK Vader so he wins.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
On topic:

Rebels Vader should be more powerful and less emotional than OWK Vader so he wins.

Why? Given Kenobi beat Vader pretty solidly. And he even held his own as of ANH (not long after Rebels), when his powers had supposedly weakened some.

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor
Why does he win.

But Thats only from Kenobis POV right? We need Vaders POV to get a balanced view. In the film he clearly held his own, though it was hinted he would likely lose.

Besides that was Peak Vader, but not Peak Kenobi as his powers had apparently weakened by then.

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor
Oh okay

xPRIMEx
But if OWK Vader and OWK Kenobi are equal then prime Vader should beat OWK Kenobi too

Darth Thor
Kenobi solidly overpowered him after his amp though, so dont really see how they were equal.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
I never said Kenobi didn't beat Vader fair and square. They faught multiple times, and Vader lost multiple times. What I'm saying is the reason why Kenobi is able to defeat Vader is NOT because he's more powerful than him. He beat Kenobi in the finale because he was more powerful and skilled. smile

Jmanghan
On topic, eh... Probably a stalemate. Ahsoka got her ass kicked but did very well against him, I can't see her doing better then Kenobi would. Again, I'm not gonna act like Vader wasn't clearly winning, I'm saying if Ahsoka did that, Kenobi should perform leagues better.

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor

McP
All of that "amp" theories far exaggerates the subject. Obi-Wan wasn't more powerful then Vader, he bested him because he was clearly superior swordsman. When he returned to fight his first Force push that landed on Vader landed when Kenobi found an opening due to his superior bladework. Then he had a time to strike with massive TK attack. Vader survived, engaded once more and got beaten. Everytime when Kenobi got him with TK attack, was when Kenobi had an advantage in a sword duel.

And, just like Dooku seems to be a nightmare to Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan is a nightmare for Anakin/Vader. He did beat Anakin on training session, when it is clearly shown, that Anakin was better warrior. As I remember, he bested him in a physical fight as "Rako" in TCW. And he bested him in ROTS, when Anakin was more powerful and superior swordsman as well. He bested him in Kenobi as well, while being inferior in the Force. And finally, even in their last fight, he let himself to be killed, Vader never bested him to the very end.

Rebel95
Rebels Vader is more powerful and less conflicted/emotional so he wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.