MCU Doctor Strange vs DCEU Doctor Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

playa1258
Who takes it?

Estacado
Fate.

Most of the Time Strange is portrayed like a complete idiot...

carver9
Strange imo

FrothByte
Dr. Fate looked way cooler than Strange, but Fate didn't have any feats to match Strange's fight against Thanos.

tkitna
Strange

abhilegend
Fate. He doesn't gets knocked out by getting punched through a door by Gargantos

Robtard
Going by movie feats: Strange wipes the floor with Fate.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Robtard
Going by movie feats: Strange wipes the floor with Fate.
How exactly?

NotAllThatEvil2

Lestov16
Strange technically has better feats, but Fate seems smarter.

BruceSkywalker
strange stomps so easily

Arachnid1
I haven't seen Adam yet, but did they nerf Fate to atoms or something? Any version of Fate should stomp the living holy hell out of any version of Strange.

I'll be able to chime in once I see the movie, but it sounds like they did Fate dirty if this is even being considered here.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I haven't seen Adam yet, but did they nerf Fate to atoms or something? Any version of Fate should stomp the living holy hell out of any version of Strange.

I'll be able to chime in once I see the movie, but it sounds like they did Fate dirty if this is even being considered here.

He does precisely 2 techniques. Tries to trap his opponents in a magic crystal thing (which lasts about 5 seconds before they escape) and makes copies of himself which get stomped.

Lestov16
I just got back from seeing the film a second time and it's definitely a stalemate at best. Dr. Fate as per his name basically sees into the future like Dr. Strange on the Mind Gem only unlike Strange he doesn't need a gem. His techniques both mimic Dr Strange and seem more controlled and stronger, and he seems to have a better connection with the magical beings he summons his powers from. This is not to say that he would stomp Strange, but rather that in this one film, he basically displayed all of Strange's powers (sans Sling Rings of course) on an at least equivalent level, and if we're comparing tactics, Multiverse of Madness made Strange look like an idiot on several levels, so I don't think it would be some automatic overpowering either.

relentless1
Based on feats id say Strange at this point. More versatile with his magic and held his own pretty well with Thanos who had 4/6 stones by that point

FrothByte
Originally posted by relentless1
Based on feats id say Strange at this point. More versatile with his magic and held his own pretty well with Thanos who had 4/6 stones by that point

Yeah, this is what cinched it for Strange in my opinion. That short battle on Titan trumps anything I recall Fate doing.

Lestov16
I'm still going with stalemate at best. Fate took on Sabaac (who was being amped by the 7 Hell Gods and thus at the very least beyond Doomsday level and potentially Thanos with near-complete IG-level if not higher if we are scaling him with Adam, who would have wiped the floor with Thanos on Titan with his combined unlimited strength and instablitz speed) by himself, at least long enough to free Adam.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Lestov16
I'm still going with stalemate at best. Fate took on Sabaac (who was being amped by the 7 Hell Gods and thus at the very least beyond Doomsday level and potentially Thanos with near-complete IG-level if not higher if we are scaling him with Adam, who would have wiped the floor with Thanos on Titan with his combined unlimited strength and instablitz speed) by himself, at least long enough to free Adam.

That's comicbook lore though. Sabbac from the movies was never shown to be that powerful.

Lestov16
Originally posted by FrothByte
That's comicbook lore though. Sabbac from the movies was never shown to be that powerful.

No I'm going on what was directly stated and shown in the film. I legit have zero knowledge of his comic feats.

carver9
He did nothing and when he sees into the future, it puts him in a state of not being conscious. He literally pass TF out. So, if you're saying he will see into the future while in combat against Strange, he dies. He never did this during combat. His combat showings are making crystal sh** that everyone escaped from and making copies of himself that did absolutely nothing.

Khazra Reborn
Fate was completely wasted, he was borderline useless. Strange stomps.

h1a8
Strange easily

Lestov16
All Dr Fate has to do is Cris Johnson his way into a win. It's literally his name no expression

9jaboy
I don't get how strange wins tbh.
Fate is fast enough to block all Strange's attacks.
Any attack strange lands ,Fate can take it. Can't say the same for strange, Strange's durability is human level.

Infact Think about it, Fate died because he wanted it, he was just standing there waiting as Sabbac walked towards him to kill him.

HulkIsHulk
Just asking, if Fate can temporarily restrain BA and Sabbac with his copies, shouldn't they be able to restrain Strange and snap his neck? He's consistently shown to be useless when his hands are restrained and much less durable than those Fate could hurt. Plus, Fate can teleport at will ala Nightcrawler unlike Strange's sling ring portals, so crushing him with the Mirror Dimension is out too.

9jaboy
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Just asking, if Fate can temporarily restrain BA and Sabbac with his copies, shouldn't they be able to restrain Strange and snap his neck? He's consistently shown to be useless when his hands are restrained and much less durable than those Fate could hurt. Plus, Fate can teleport at will ala Nightcrawler unlike Strange's sling ring portals, so crushing him with the Mirror Dimension is out too.
Exactly.
Also Fate's constructs actually hurt Adam and Sabbac and had them groaning in pain, unless Strange blocks it, his human durability won't survive that.
He could even cast illusions and multi-task, for instance he erected a shield(that hawkman could even scratch with his nth metal btw) , was making duplicates that were fighting/restraining Sabbac and giving Adam pep talk & then freeing him all at the same time !

I think the thing is people expected more from Dr Fate in terms of fights (I honestly did too) . But unfortunately his hero days were over. He had come to the brink of his career imo and he expressed something along the lines of wanting to die.

But from what was shown he was incredibly formidable.

tkitna
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk

You do know Strange is capable of the same thing right? Strange restrained a glove wearing Thanos which is way more impressive than restraining Sabbac.

9jaboy
Originally posted by tkitna
You do know Strange is capable of the same thing right? Strange restrained a glove wearing Thanos which is way more impressive than restraining Sabbac. But strange isn't durable enough and Fate can teleport.
Btw "a glove wearing Thanos" wasn't using the stone when strange did that, When Thanos actually activated the power stone, he overpowered strange with no difficulty. "a glove wearing Thanos" would have been way more impressive if Thanos was using said gloves.

tkitna
Originally posted by 9jaboy
But strange isn't durable enough and Fate can teleport.
Btw "a glove wearing Thanos" wasn't using the stone when strange did that, When Thanos actually activated the power stone, he overpowered strange with no difficulty. "a glove wearing Thanos" would have been way more impressive if Thanos was using said gloves.

The time stone isnt the only stone. The glove had stones in it at the time. Good lord, he threw a moon at the planet.

Anyways, Stranges feats dwarf Fates. He wins.

Estacado
You do know Strange is capable of the same thing right? Strange restrained a glove wearing Thanos which is way more impressive than restraining Sabbac.

Spiderman was restraining Thanos, a magnetic gadget from Star-Lord was restraining Thanos.

HulkIsHulk

Bruh, I am not saying Fate is more powerful than Strange or can do anything Strange can't, no need to get your panties in a twist over it. Strange used Bands of Cytorakk to restrain Thanos, while Fate physically restrained and hurt Adam and Sabbac (though he has magical restraints as well). Fate uses both clones and teleportation to avoid attacks and get close enough to attack his opponents with clones while remaining at a safe distance. How many attacks do you think Strange can tank without blocking?

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Estacado
Spiderman was restraining Thanos, a magnetic gadget from Star-Lord was restraining Thanos.

Yep, and same goes for Strange's cape. And if we want to lowball, even Captain America held down Thanos hand

9jaboy
The time stone isnt the only stone. The glove had stones in it at the time. Good lord, he threw a moon at the planet.

Yes 4 Stones( Power,Space,Soul & Reality) ,I know that. My point was that Thanos wasn't "actively using" the Stones when Strange tried restraining him as the stone/stones would glow as he's using any of them.
I said this because you said Strange restrained a "glove wearing Thanos" . Because that was the point wasn't it? To stop him from closing his fist ergo using the Stones ( and 2nd to pull the gloves). INFACT Strange literally tells his cape to stop Thanos from "closing his fist"

Anyways, Stranges feats dwarf Fates. He wins.
Which feats are those then?

Fate's copies briefly restrained BA, They will literally grab Strange's hand, and considering what maw did, Strange without his hands isn't a formidable foe. Also the clones held BA briefly they could literally detach Strange's hands.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.