Black Adam vs General Zod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is the General during his last fight against Superman (latest version when he learned how to fly). Who's taking this?

Guestdude

tkitna
Zod has never won a fight. He isnt beating Adam.

playa1258
Adam

Old Man Whirly!
Zod, the city wrecking collateral tells you all you need to know.

Robtard
-Adam was KO'd by human weapons.

-Only way to stop Zod was Kal-El snapping his neck using every single bit of his kryptonian strength.

Adam bows before Zod.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard

-Only way to stop Zod was Kal-El snapping his neck using every single bit of his kryptonian strength.

Adam bows before Zod. Exactly! thumb up Also, Zod was better acted.

Robtard
Michael Shannon is a good actor with range

Dwayne Johnson is a subpar actor who can do well when he stays in his lane

FrothByte

Dwayne Johnson is a subpar actor who can do well when he stays in his lane

Problem is he didn't stay in his lane in this movie. He tried to play the stoic, brooding lone-wolf when he's normally used to playing the loud, flamboyant alpha male.

It didn't work. His charisma in this movie was heavily subdued and he couldn't bring enough gravitas to compensate for it.

Robtard
Agreed, Dwayne's a charming guy; probably his greatest acting tool, and that side of him was completely written out of this character.

cdtm
Get a load of the pretentious hipster critics. laughing out loud

If Zod has the magic weakness, that projected lightning should be way too OP against any Kryptonian.

Lestov16

Adam bows before Zod.

You mean Eternium AKA his Kryptonite?

cdtm
Originally posted by Lestov16

Just a minor detail not worth mentioning. laughing out loud

Estacado
Black Adam As he has the Superior acting skills..

Psychotron
Originally posted by Estacado
Black Adam As he has the Superior acting skills..

That's just straight up delusional.

Darth Thor
^ He was clearly joking.

Robtard

I mean Superman showed far greater resilience to K-nite and we can scale Zod against Superman, come at me bro.

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm
Get a load of the pretentious hipster critics. laughing out loud

If Zod has the magic weakness, that projected lightning should be way too OP against any Kryptonian.

Zod didn't show magic invulnerability. Neither has Superman. GTFO with that shit.

cdtm
Zod didn't show magic invulnerability. Neither has Superman. GTFO with that shit.

No, but that's a historic weakness. Same way Kryptonite is assumed as one even if it hasn't been introduced in a story.

Darth Thor
Was Eternium ever mentioned to specifically be BAs weakness? If not will just have to assume it was simply powerful enough to hurt him.

riv6672
Adam.
Any other answer is d-u-m dumb.

cdtm
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Was Eternium ever mentioned to specifically be BAs weakness? If not will just have to assume it was simply powerful enough to hurt him.

Nope, not specifically mentioned. It was just something they used in their bullets.

Robtard
No, but that's a historic weakness. Same way Kryptonite is assumed as one even if it hasn't been introduced in a story.

Doesn't mean it automatically translates into the DCEU. GTFO, nerd.

Lestov16
Nope, not specifically mentioned. It was just something they used in their bullets.

And in the shield they use to protect themselves when they are holding Amon hostage in the mines. He outright states that Black Adam's powers can't breach the shield.

Robtard
Seriously though, DCEU Krptonians have shown greater feats all around, strength, speed and durability.

I'd even argue that their heat vision is on par or above Adam's lighting in terms of power/damage.

This is a Krptonian with a limited amount of yellow sun exposure:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CarefreeAgreeableBison-max-1mb.gif

This is a Krptonian with full powers:

https://media.tenor.com/7Vk2ytsPJmQAAAAd/superman-vs-the-flash.gif

carver9
Edit

carver9

Yes it was mentioned

carver9
Seriously though, DCEU Krptonians have shown greater feats all around, strength, speed and durability.

I'd even argue that their heat vision is on par or above Adam's lighting in terms of power/damage.

This is a Krptonian with a limited amount of yellow sun exposure:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CarefreeAgreeableBison-max-1mb.gif

This is a Krptonian with full powers:

https://media.tenor.com/7Vk2ytsPJmQAAAAd/superman-vs-the-flash.gif

Black Adam speed fts are better though. Durability and speed. Strength as well.

Robtard
Originally posted by carver9
Black Adam speed fts are better though. Durability and speed. Strength as well.

Speed first.

Black Adam's speed was above what Faora showed with her limited solar exposure.

But it is not faster than the Flash, of which Superman was on par with. To say otherwise is to be a lunatic.

carver9
She moved fast and punched a couple of humans. Why are you impressed by that? Adam caught a bullet for one. 2. He was moving so fast that everything around him, including explosions were in slow motion. The ft you posted above isn't great at all.

Also, Superman isn't as fast as Flash. Maybe a holding back Flash but he is nowhere near his speed.

DarkSaint85
Doomsday thread Carvdaddy

Darth Thor
Yes it was mentioned

I dont recall that so I will need a quote.

Estacado
Zod fought a rookie Superman let's not compare that version to the one in JL....

tkitna
Zod fought a rookie Superman let's not compare that version to the one in JL....

And lost

He isnt beating Adam

Darth Thor
Zod fought a rookie Superman

Originally posted by tkitna
And lost

Yup.

Robtard
She moved fast and punched a couple of humans. Why are you impressed by that? Adam caught a bullet for one. 2. He was moving so fast that everything around him, including explosions were in slow motion. The ft you posted above isn't great at all.

Also, Superman isn't as fast as Flash. Maybe a holding back Flash but he is nowhere near his speed.

I ltterally said Adam's speed is above Faora's

The gif literally shows Superman being able to keep up with Flash while he's in speed mode to the point where every other person (excepts Supes) is a stature to him.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Doomsday thread Carvdaddy

Robtard
Speaking of, Doomsday would solo every hero in BA at the same time and he's made up of mostly Zod with a sprinkle of Eisenlex's AIDS tainted blood.

Arachnid1
Speaking of, Doomsday would solo every hero in BA at the same time and he's made up of mostly Zod with a sprinkle of Eisenlex's AIDS tainted blood. Fact

Also, Zod wins here without too much trouble.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Fact

Also, Zod wins here without too much trouble.

WTF has Zod done to give him a decisive or even arguable win here? Adam's speedblitz are definitely beyond Kryptonian and Adam can summon lightning attacks powerful enough to destroy entire nations (which is why he was imprisoned by Shazam because he basically went Mount Vesuvius on Paleo-Kandaq)

carver9
Speaking of, Doomsday would solo every hero in BA at the same time and he's made up of mostly Zod with a sprinkle of Eisenlex's AIDS tainted blood.

He was an amplified Zod.

FrothByte
Black Adams' feats trumps anything we've seen from Zod (or Faora and Namek for that matter).

And unlike Superman, BA looks like he actually knows how to fight instead of just purely throwing haymakers and bullrushing opponents.

His speed feats alone are above Zod's and even the casualness of how he tanks firepower seemed above the Kryptonians.

Black Adam wins this handily.

Old Man Whirly!
Zod basically owns here. Stronger, faster and not a pussy ***** whose son was the hero.

tkitna
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Zod basically owns here. Stronger, faster and not a pussy ***** whose son was the hero.

He is a pussy though. He's never won a fight. He lost to an old scientist and an untrained farm boy who ended up killing him.

Robtard
WTF has Zod done to give him a decisive or even arguable win here? Adam's speedblitz are definitely beyond Kryptonian and Adam can summon lightning attacks powerful enough to destroy entire nations (which is why he was imprisoned by Shazam because he basically went Mount Vesuvius on Paleo-Kandaq)

If we say Zod's powers are almost on par with Superman's, then Zod's faster, as Krytonian speed is greater than Adam's speed. Which was extremely impressive, but it's not faster than being able to hang with the Flash.

Though I do suspect that we ever see a film with Adam and Superman, their speed will be equalized.

Old Man Whirly!
He is a pussy though. He's never won a fight. He lost to an old scientist and an untrained farm boy who ended up killing him. yeah but they were from the House of El and descendents of Rao himself. Not just any Scientist and Farmboy. One is the first and greatest Superhero, the other his Dad. Adam is a pussy.

Lestov16
If we say Zod's powers are almost on par with Superman's, then Zod's faster, as Krytonian speed is greater than Adam's speed. Which was extremely impressive, but it's not faster than being able to hang with the Flash.

Though I do suspect that we ever see a film with Adam and Superman, their speed will be equalized.

That still leaves the matter of the lightning blast, one of which was so powerful that it nearly wiped out the entire Kandaq population, which is why Shazam imprisoned him. That blast must have been at least Tuskunga level.

carver9

We don't share fts but even if we did, he still loses here.

Robtard
That still leaves the matter of the lightning blast, one of which was so powerful that it nearly wiped out the entire Kandaq population, which is why Shazam imprisoned him. That blast must have been at least Tuskunga level.

Kryptonians can survive nukes at point blank. It knocks them out and drains them, but they survive. That lightning might (and I stress might} tickle a Kryptonian's cornhole.

DarkSaint85
Carv being awful brave on a forum where he hasn't been humiliated yet.

h1a8
Carter appears to be class 10-20.
He shrugged off multiple blows of BA and some lightning attacks.
Carter also was able to get multiple hits in on BA.
It's fair to say that Zod is significantly more durable, stronger, and faster than Carter.

FrothByte
Lol. It's crazy how many people here refuse to acknowledge that Zod just DOES NOT HAVE speed feats to match Black Adam. Zod was able to fly at superspeed and do the occasional bull rush at super speed. Black Adam was able to casually move around people who were still as statues and was able to perform more fine-motor tasks like putting a grenade in a person's mouth.

I'm not saying Zod can't hit Adam. He was still hit by guys like Hawkman after all. But let's please drop the nonsense that Zod is faster than him.

Robtard
I am arguing that Zod could replicate, or come close to replicating Superman's JL speed since Kryptonians share the same powerset due to their same biology. If we don't allow Zod that, then sure, he's way too slow to compete if Adam fights in superspeed the whole time.

tkitna
yeah but they were from the House of El and descendents of Rao himself. Not just any Scientist and Farmboy. One is the first and greatest Superhero, the other his Dad. Adam is a pussy.

Zod was the leader of the military. He was a trained soldier. And he lost.

FrothByte
I am arguing that Zod could replicate, or come close to replicating Superman's JL speed since Kryptonians share the same powerset due to their same biology. If we don't allow Zod that, then sure, he's way too slow to compete if Adam fights in superspeed the whole time.

There's 2 contrasting ideas to this. Either

1.) We assume Superman has improved since his fight with Zod to his fight with the JLA (either because of experience or because he was ressurrected with a motherbox) - in which case even if we scale Zod to Superman in MoS, neither of them still have any feats to match BA.

Or

2.) We assume that Superman has been at similar power levels throughout all his movies, which means he was as fast in his fight with Zod as he was in his fight with Flash. However, this also means that he can get knocked out by a collapsing oil rig as his durability and strength never increased from his initial movie to his final movie.

If we make the assumption that his durability and strength improved throughout the movies, then we have to assume his speed did too.

tkitna

I dont see how Adams speed isnt comparable. He was seeing everything in statue form too.

Old Man Whirly!
The collateral damage in man of steel is more than enough evidence of Zods superiority. Adam and Hawkman couldn't wreck a room.

Lestov16
Originally posted by FrothByte
Lol. It's crazy how many people here refuse to acknowledge that Zod just DOES NOT HAVE speed feats to match Black Adam. Zod was able to fly at superspeed and do the occasional bull rush at super speed. Black Adam was able to casually move around people who were still as statues and was able to perform more fine-motor tasks like putting a grenade in a person's mouth.

I'm not saying Zod can't hit Adam. He was still hit by guys like Hawkman after all. But let's please drop the nonsense that Zod is faster than him.

thumb up

tkitna
The collateral damage in man of steel is more than enough evidence of Zods superiority. Adam and Hawkman couldn't wreck a room.

Good lord. Seriously, thats your argument? Collateral damage?

jaden_2.0

How is kryptonite an assumed weakness of Superman and Zod when Batman beat Superman with Kryptonite and Superman beat Doomsday with Kryptonite?

Robtard
I dont see how Adams speed isnt comparable. He was seeing everything in statue form too.

Weren't the humans moving in super duper slow speed from his POV? If not and they were statues, sure.

tkitna
Weren't the humans moving in super duper slow speed from his POV? If not and they were statues, sure.

I dont know. Pretty fast though for sure.

GeH9ZNhJtX0

cdtm
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
How is kryptonite an assumed weakness of Superman and Zod when Batman beat Superman with Kryptonite and Superman beat Doomsday with Kryptonite?

My point was that it doesn't need to be proven.

There isn't really an example I can use where it hasn't been proven, but it's assumed the same way it's assumed he can fly.

His weakness to K and Magic are as integral as his flight.

Robtard
I dont know. Pretty fast though for sure.

GeH9ZNhJtX0 That's fast, but I'd still put the Flash's speed, which JL Superman nigh matched as being faster.

tkitna
That's fast, but I'd still put the Flash's speed, which JL Superman nigh matched as being faster.

Fair enough

Robtard
Though as i said page back or so, if we do ever see a Superman vs BA fight in a future film, it's a safe bet they're going to equalize speed.

We also know how the fight will turn out due to Johnson's contract stipulations of not losing fights and giving as good as he gets. They'kll toss and smash each other around and it will be a stalemate.

carver9
Superman matched a holding back Flash speed. Bullets and crap, even lightning was moving in slow motion to Adam. We have no clue how fast Flash was moving when he fought Supes. Supes couldn't even save the people when tne court room exploded.

jaden_2.0
Given that normal humans are still able to see, target, fire on and hit Black Adam in that scene then he clearly isn't moving that fast.

FrothByte
That's fast, but I'd still put the Flash's speed, which JL Superman nigh matched as being faster.

I don't know man. In Superman vs. Flash their lightning/electricity was still moving albeit very slowly. In Black Adam's fight scenes his lighting is also still moving though very slowly. There's nothing in the Superman vs. Flash fight to indicate that it was done at a faster pace.

tkitna
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Given that normal humans are still able to see, target, fire on and hit Black Adam in that scene then he clearly isn't moving that fast.

Come on man. He put a grenade in a guys mouth who didnt even realize it until the scene was over.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't know man. In Superman vs. Flash their lightning/electricity was still moving albeit very slowly. In Black Adam's fight scenes his lighting is also still moving though very slowly. There's nothing in the Superman vs. Flash fight to indicate that it was done at a faster pace.

I think the most impressive part of that scene was how Wonder Woman was a statue, given we know shes much faster than bullets.

Though as i said page back or so, if we do ever see a Superman vs BA fight in a future film, it's a safe bet they're going to equalize speed.

We also know how the fight will turn out due to Johnson's contract stipulations of not losing fights and giving as good as he gets. They'kll toss and smash each other around and it will be a stalemate.

Johnsons indicated hed be okay with Superman beating him.

Clearly hes not the cry baby Vin Diesel is.

TheVaultDweller
Johnsons indicated hed be okay with Superman beating him.

Clearly hes not the cry baby Vin Diesel is.

I think you'd have to be incredibly insecure to be upset by losing to Superman of all characters.

Old Man Whirly!
Good lord. Seriously, thats your argument? Collateral damage? sure, knocking down skyscrapers by punching someone through multiple skyscrapers, Trumps damaging a slum buildings lounge imho.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I think you'd have to be incredibly insecure to be upset by losing to Superman of all characters.

But then how insecure was Vin Diesel having an issue not even losing to, but even having a stalemate against The Rock in F&F ?

It was all incredible insecurity mashed with inflated egos from the start.

TheVaultDweller
But then how insecure was Vin Diesel having an issue not even losing to, but even having a stalemate against The Rock in F&F ?

It was all incredible insecurity mashed with inflated egos from the start.

Fair enough. And, yeah, Diesel is the worst IMO. Both Statham and Johnson were at least okay with getting the crap kicked out of them by Idris Elba throughout Hobbs & Show and only winning in a close 2-on-1 fight at the end. So, they seem to at least have some limits in that regard.

Though Statham did apparently hijack some of the fight scenes from that film that were supposed to go to Vanessa Kirby's character because he wanted to look extra good.

Also, didn't the Rock get beaten up by Gal Gadot, along with Ryan Reynolds, in that other spy movie they did a short while back?

cdtm
Fair enough. And, yeah, Diesel is the worst IMO. Both Statham and Johnson were at least okay with getting the crap kicked out of them by Idris Elba throughout Hobbs & Show and only winning in a close 2-on-1 fight at the end. So, they seem to at least have some limits in that regard.

Though Statham did apparently hijack some of the fight scenes from that film that were supposed to go to Vanessa Kirby's character because he wanted to look extra good.

Also, didn't the Rock get beaten up by Gal Gadot, along with Ryan Reynolds, in that other spy movie they did a short while back?

The Rock paid his dues in the wrestling biz in terms of jobbing. He was willing to put anyone over like a champ, lost to Chris Jericho even.

If he negotiated a contract where he has creative control on his character losing or not, more power to him. Rick Flair learned the hard way without that leverage, an entirely carefully constructed scenario gets crushed because Hulk Hogan says "Nope" even if protected by a crowbar to the knee beforehand ( Making Flair look like a chump who can't win even if Hulk has a bum knee).

Darth Thor

Lol oh yeah I forgot about that one. Although ive not seen the film, but clips and trailers seem to show thats what happens.

So yeah all that F&F s*** was clearly Rock just saying f*** that guy (to Diesel).

Sounds like it lingered on a bit with Statham though from what youve said. But getting whooped by Idris Elba shows that they really dont mind. I mean that would really tie up the entertainment value if they stayed that pig headed about on the issue.

Psychotron
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Carv being awful brave on a forum where he hasn't been humiliated yet.

Pretty sure he has been.

KingD19
Rock only had that clause in place for the FF franchise regarding Vin Diesel because he was being a big baby. He gets beat up plenty in his other movies. Red Notice(which Vault mentioned where Gal Gadot beat up him and Reynolds at the same time), Jungle Cruise, Walk Tall, The Rundown, Hobbs & Shaw, GI Joe, etc... He knows how to take hits.

KingD19
Come on man. He put a grenade in a guys mouth who didnt even realize it until the scene was over.

If you pay attention to the scene, all the moves he makes are domino effect set ups. He throws the helicopter blade, so it slams into the ground zaps a bunch of soldiers so they all turn to ash, puts the grenade in the guys mouth, redirected the other chopper, etc, etc... and it all happened at basically the exact same time once he turned his own perception of time back to normal. It's basically the Time in a Bottle scene from X-Men but on a larger scale.

HulkIsHulk

He did lose to a buch of guys in F9, so Vin's okay with his character losing against overwhelming odds atleast.

Adam Grimes
Wtf is up with these homos not wanting to lose fictional fights lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.