Obi Wan Kenobi from OWK show vs Rebels Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Who wins this in :-
1. Sabres
2. Force powers
3. All out fight anything goes

xPRIMEx
Kenobi might win round 1 but Vader wins rounds 2 and 3

ozz81
Cool im thinking dont you reckon he was at ROTS level? Sabers he did good but i notices he was a little sloppy at times..

xPRIMEx
Who Obi-Wan? Nah he was a lot stronger

ozz81
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Who Obi-Wan? Nah he was a lot stronger

Cool like Dooku level or stronger ? Mace level ?

Darth Thor
When Vader said "you've regained your strength", the obvious implication there was that he's back to his ROTS Level.

Obviously after he focused on protecting Leia and got that massive perma amp, he was much more powerful. Probably Windu level, yeah. The show did start off with a recap of the line "as powerful as Master Windu and as wise as Master Yoda".

McP
^
Hard to tell if it was perma amp. Kanan had a very similar kind oif amp when he fought GI, yet he did far worse in next few duels with inferior oponents.

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor
Originally posted by McP
^
Hard to tell if it was perma amp. Kanan had a very similar kind oif amp when he fought GI, yet he did far worse in next few duels with inferior oponents.

Obi-Wans amp was clearly perma, given how he dealt with Maul in Rebels, and how he still held his own against Peak Vader in ANH (despite apparently being somewhat weakened by then).

McP
Well, perhaps. But I doubt. I know how you don't like when Maul is lowballed, but it is a fact, that he was outmanuvered by blinded Kanan. It also should be clear, how unstable Maul was, ne hearly died alone on Tatooine even before he found Kenobi. Maul was broken before that fight.

And for Vader - it was a close corridor, it was hard to use TK succesfuly, Vader possibly remembered all of their prievous fights, and was just extremly cautious. We should know and remember, that every fight is different, and not always every combatant is capable of fighting at his 100%

Darth Thor

Sheev
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Obi-Wans amp was clearly perma, given how he dealt with Maul in Rebels, and how he still held his own against Peak Vader in ANH (despite apparently being somewhat weakened by then). He didn't hold his own against ANH Vader at all. The novel "From a Certain POV" makes it clear that Obi-Wan was outclassed and stood no chance against Vader.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sheev
He didn't hold his own against ANH Vader at all. The novel "From a Certain POV" makes it clear that Obi-Wan was outclassed and stood no chance against Vader.

Probably retconned stick out tongue

Seriously though we need both combatants POV to make that judgement.

McP
@Darth Thor
Well, to be honest, I don't like it as well, until it comes to Rebels Maul. I just like an idea, that he was really broken. He lost his place as Sidious succesor, along with huge part of his body. And sanity for many years. Then he lost his brother, then mother.
He still wanted revenge on Sidious, and planned to take out his future aprentice. And failed again. After all, he realized that he canno't even hope to defeat Vader and was cheased by his inquisitors. That more then enough to broke someone like Maul, for whom power and strenght are among the most important things.

But obviosly, his performance against Ahsoka, and his performance against inquisitors put him far above Kanan. And I don't think that Kenobi won by far superior skill, that wasn't about it I guess.

And about Dooku - well, I also like a concpet, that his prime was around AOTC or short before. I consider him as much more powerful then Maul lets say, in terms of using TK, his lightning power of sword skills. But I consider Maul as far more powerful Sith. I doubt that Dooku could ever survived what Maul did, his connection to the dark side wasn't as strong and as natural. But its jus me, I know that canon says otherwise in almost every part.

ozz81

Sheev
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Probably retconned stick out tongue

Seriously though we need both combatants POV to make that judgement. According to the novel, Vader never showed any signs of slowing down during that fight, while Kenobi obviously did.

By that point Vader was definitely his superior.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sheev
According to the novel, Vader never showed any signs of slowing down during that fight, while Kenobi obviously did.

By that point Vader was definitely his superior.

Not making the argument Vader wasnt superior. Just that I dont see ROTS Kenobi doing that well against him. Or taking out Rebels Maul as swiftly as he did.

Rebel95
Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.