Order by power level (MCU/DCEU/ETC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
Superman (DCEU)
Thor
Ikaris
Vision
Homelander
Wonder Woman

cdtm
The World Devastator is a planet killer. Superman took no damage at all.

tkitna
Superman
Thor
Wonder Woman
Homelander
Ikaris
Vision

NemeBro
Originally posted by tkitna
Superman
Thor
Wonder Woman
Homelander
Ikaris
Vision There is no universe where Homelander is above anyone on this list in terms of power.

He'd get folded like a house of cards by ****ing Spider-man, much less Ikaris or Vision.

Guestdude
Thor
Superman (DCEU)
Ikaris
Vision/ Wonder Woman
Homelander

abhilegend
Superman

Long gap

Thor/Wonder Woman
Ikaris
Vision
Homelander Originally posted by Guestdude
Thor
Superman (DCEU)
Ikaris
Vision/ Wonder Woman
Homelander
laughing out loud

Only in your delusions MCU Thor is more powerful than DCEU Superman.

relentless1
Superman (DCEU)
Thor
Homelander
Wonder Woman
Ikaris
Vision

Guestdude

playa1258
Superman
Thor
Wonder Woman
Ikaris
Vision
Homelander

Nuke Nixon
It only took the "death" of Superman for Darkseid to jump on Earth

The Ancient One, Odin, and Ego had to die before Thanos jumped.

Superman > Thor

tkitna
Originally posted by NemeBro
There is no universe where Homelander is above anyone on this list in terms of power.

He'd get folded like a house of cards by ****ing Spider-man, much less Ikaris or Vision.

Damn, your probably. I fell into the trap of implied power. He is a punk now that I think about it.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Guestdude
Enduring the full force of a star

People seriously need to stop pushing this blatant lie. Thor nearly DIED doing that. He would be dead if it wasn't for Stormbreaker. And that star was practically dead itself.

Nuke Nixon
Also remember before opening the iris Thor prayed to the AllFathers for strength, not unlike Heimdall praying to them for Dark magic teleportation for Hulk. Counts as an outside boost like Superman sitting next to the sun for a few hours.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Psychotron
People seriously need to stop pushing this blatant lie.

Not really

Thor nearly DIED doing that. He would be dead if it wasn't for Stormbreaker.

AFTER taking it for an extended amount of time. Took a while for him to fall unconcious.

And that star was practically dead itself.

Doesn't change the FACT that he took the full force of a Star, just as he was warned before taking it.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Not really

AFTER taking it for an extended amount of time. Took a while for him to fall unconcious.

Doesn't change the FACT that he took the full force of a Star, just as he was warned before taking it.

Lol he passed out in like a minute, maybe less. It's impressive, but he didn't tank it like people say he did. Also, "the full force of a star"? Define that. Because that star was dead and Thor had to re-ignite it, so how powerful was it really?

Darth Thor
Lol he passed out in like a minute, maybe less. It's impressive, but he didn't tank it like people say he did. Also, "the full force of a star"? Define that. Because that star was dead and Thor had to re-ignite it, so how powerful was it really?

Okay, passed out in under a minute, still means he tanked it for a good 20seconds:

https://youtu.be/6a1wO2p6Kio

^ He starts taking it at 0:45 and passes out at 1:30. Hes screaming to carry on at 1:15. So yeah can say he tanked it for a good 20-30seconds.

It was clearly a small star. Ill give you that. But Eitri confirmed he took the full force of a star. Eitri is a pretty reliable source.

FrothByte
Pretty sure Eitri said it was for a couple of minutes. That's still better than anythinh Superman has withstood. Remember that a nuke also almost killed Superman and he only survived because he got expose to direct sunlight.

That said, after the events of Endgame and Love & Thunder, I'm now no longer convinced that Thor is still at his peak. That brings him down in my ratings and I'm putting Superman above him. Had this been Thor as of IW I would have place him on top.

I'd go with something like:

Superman
Thor
Vision
Homelander
Wonder Woman and Ikaris tied

abhilegend

abhilegend
Originally posted by FrothByte
Pretty sure Eitri said it was for a couple of minutes. That's still better than anythinh Superman has withstood. Remember that a nuke also almost killed Superman and he only survived because he got expose to direct sunlight.

That said, after the events of Endgame and Love & Thunder, I'm now no longer convinced that Thor is still at his peak. That brings him down in my ratings and I'm putting Superman above him. Had this been Thor as of IW I would have place him on top.

I'd go with something like:

Superman
Thor
Vision
Homelander
Wonder Woman and Ikaris tied
That's not what the director of the movies said.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by abhilegend
That's not what the director of the movies said.

Quote?

Guestdude

Darth Thor

Supermans speed as of JL was a bit too much, so even though Thor has shown greater durability in IW, Ive always places him above Thor since JL tbh.

Robtard
Superman (DCEU)
Thor
Vision
Wonder Woman
Ikaris
Homelander

Thought I could potentially flip WW and Ikaris around.

FrothByte
Supermans speed as of JL was a bit too much, so even though Thor has shown greater durability in IW, Ive always places him above Thor since JL tbh.

What made me place Thor above Superman as of Ragnarok and IW was because Thor was capable of cloaking himself in lightning that seemed to easily attack anyone who came close.

That, and Superman's apparent difficulties in tanking energy-based attacks. So no matter how fast Superman was, he wasn't going to be able to get close to Thor without getting zapped and at least staggered.

But as of Endgame and L&T, that lightning cloak seems to have completely disappeared which is why I'm putting Superman above Thor now.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Superman (DCEU)
Thor
Vision
Wonder Woman
Ikaris
Homelander

Thought I could potentially flip WW and Ikaris around.

Agreed with WW and Ikaris. WW has better speed feats but she doesn't have any feats of beating up a bunch of superpowered beings like Ikaris did to the rest of the Eternals.

Darth Thor
What made me place Thor above Superman as of Ragnarok and IW was because Thor was capable of cloaking himself in lightning that seemed to easily attack anyone who came close.

Thought of that, but didnt really see it in action enough. Like how powerful was the cloak?

That said, I never thought Wonder Woman with her speed would pose too much of a problem.

abhilegend
Quote?
Directly from the directors AMA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRant/comments/cnd5zv/thor_was_at_his_peak_during_the_final_fight/

carthage
Superman
Thor
Vision
Ikaris
Wonder Woman

Homelander is outclassed by everyone here

Psychotron

Psychotron

Darth Thor
Directly from the directors AMA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRant/comments/cnd5zv/thor_was_at_his_peak_during_the_final_fight/

I thought you meant a quote that he didnt take the force of a star.

Regardless thats not the most convincing medium for a quote.

jaden_2.0
Wonder what happens to Superman when he takes the full force of a star....

Robtard
Agreed with WW and Ikaris. WW has better speed feats but she doesn't have any feats of beating up a bunch of superpowered beings like Ikaris did to the rest of the Eternals.

Fair enough, I can see it going either way.

WW did hold her own against Steppenwolf for a bit, both the normal and Synder's better version.

FrothByte
Thought of that, but didnt really see it in action enough. Like how powerful was the cloak?

That said, I never thought Wonder Woman with her speed would pose too much of a problem.

Powerful enough to one-shot necro Asgardians. Besides, Superman got stunned by a blast from Zod's ship and its not like that ship had better feats than Thor's lightning. Superman also got staggered by Cyborg's blast and that also didn't have better feats than Thor's lightning.

FrothByte

Darth Thor

abhilegend
Powerful enough to one-shot necro Asgardians. Besides, Superman got stunned by a blast from Zod's ship and its not like that ship had better feats than Thor's lightning. Superman also got staggered by Cyborg's blast and that also didn't have better feats than Thor's lightning.
Necro Asgardians who were mowed down by a machine gun you mean?

laughing out loud

I thought you meant a quote that he didnt take the force of a star.

Regardless thats not the most convincing medium for a quote.
Why not? The director stated Endgame Thor was the strongest.

Psychotron

Psychotron
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Wonder what happens to Superman when he takes the full force of a star....

He gets stronger since he's, you know, solar-powered.

Darth Thor

Why not? The director stated Endgame Thor was the strongest.

If Im to believe that reddit.

But either way it's not up to them. The canon shows Thor getting back into physical shape after Endgame.

Feige also stated Wanda was > Thanos after Russos in the previous film stated Thanos was the greatest warrior in the Galaxy.

Russos also said Hulk's arm was damaged permanently.

So their word clearly isn't final canon.

Lestov16
Originally posted by HumbleServant
Superman (DCEU)
Thor
Ikaris
Vision
Homelander
Wonder Woman

Lowest to highest

Homelander
Wonder Woman
Ikaris
DCEU Superman
Vision
Thor

abhilegend
If Im to believe that reddit.

But either way it's not up to them. The canon shows Thor getting back into physical shape after Endgame.

Feige also stated Wanda was > Thanos after Russos in the previous film stated Thanos was the greatest warrior in the Galaxy.

Russos also said Hulk's arm was damaged permanently.

So their word clearly isn't final canon.
It is canon till Endgame since they directed the movie.

Strawman logic.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Lestov16
Lowest to highest

Homelander
Wonder Woman
Ikaris
DCEU Superman
Vision
Thor
Lolwut

Darth Thor
It is canon till Endgame since they directed the movie.

Strawman logic.

No that's false, they don't dictate the canon and power levels of the MCU. They just give an insight to their intentions.

Also you need to prove that's a direct quote from them.

FrothByte

Darth Thor
There's no reason to think Thor's lightning cloak is a massively weaker than his regular lightning. It's not like it's a completely different form of energy.

And in any case, I'm not saying it will oneshot Superman, I'm saying it will stagger him enough that he can't just blitz Thor. Superman has zero feats to indicate he can just walk through Thor's lighning without missing a beat.

Oh I think lightning blasts would effect Supes for sure. And I agree it would somewhat negate Supes speed.

Its just on top of his strength feats, and the sheer level of speed he displayed, I just feel it adds up.

I mean id rate JL Superman comfortably above Thanos tbh.

Lestov16
Lolwut

You MIGHT be correct? What is WW's durability, as I did not see WW84?

FrothByte
Oh I think lightning blasts would effect Supes for sure. And I agree it would somewhat negate Supes speed.

Its just on top of his strength feats, and the sheer level of speed he displayed, I just feel it adds up.

I mean id rate JL Superman comfortably above Thanos tbh.

Thanos, without the IG, is honestly way below Thor at full power. At least if the writers were consistent with powerlevels.

He's basically a skilled Hulk... which is pretty one-dimensional compared to some of the other heavy-hitters among cbms.

As for Superman and Thor, again I'm not saying Thor's lightning cloak alone defeats Superman, simply that it negates Superman from being able to speedblitz Thor.

And while I agree that Superman's strength, speed and durability add up, the same thing can be said for Thor.

His better fighting skill, better durability, massively better destructive output all add up. And Superman's only real advantage over him is the speed... which would be negated by his lightning cloak.

But like I said, since the last 2 movies of Thor didn't showcase him using his lightning cloak then I feel it's no longer a leg I can stand on, which is why I now rate Superman above him. I'm simply explaining the logic I had used previously.

Psychotron
The lightning cloak, which never hurt anyone above fodder level and Thor never even used outside of the last 10 minutes of one movie, is going to beat Superman? There's Marvel fanboyism, and then there's straight up delusion.

Darth Thor
Thanos, without the IG, is honestly way below Thor at full power. At least if the writers were consistent with powerlevels.

Agree it makes no sense. And this seemed to be the case at the end of IW, but like you said Endgame onwards showed something very different (although I thought he was pretty fast in that opening battle in L&T).

That Endgame fight just made no sense at all. Think weve discussed this before, but at least show Thor attempt to blast Thanos from a distance, but he either catches/blocks the Stormbreaker throw, or just leaps up to close the distance.

And We even know Thors lightning can stagger Thanos.

So Thor fought like a moron in that fight (a Thor which according to Abhis quote was stronger than ever facepalm)

Guestdude
Please wait...

Guestdude

Psychotron

FrothByte
The lightning cloak, which never hurt anyone above fodder level and Thor never even used outside of the last 10 minutes of one movie, is going to beat Superman? There's Marvel fanboyism, and then there's straight up delusion.

There's DC fanboyism, and then there's people who just have reading and comprehension problems.

Nowhere did I say Thor's lightning cloak alone would defeat Superman.

Darth Thor
He also cloaks with a multi-directional blast when he enters Wakanda:

https://youtu.be/49xWJJvpjzI

Bad ass moment.

Guestdude

jaden_2.0

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FrighteningOccasionalDinosaur-size_restricted.gif

Psychotron

Darth Thor
while Superman casually tanked Steppenwolf's axe.

Not actually canon.

Whys that more of an excuse when Thor was literally revived by his own power?

The nuke also creates a powerful shockwave

Has zero force on space.

Guestdude

Psychotron

Guestdude

tkitna
Fine. Thor still got easily stabbed by Loki, however. We also saw him hide from machine gun fire in Avengers.

In all fairness, Loki was shown to be not affected at all by machine gun fire earlier in the same movie. The jet probably had .50 caliber guns, but the Hulk was nothing more than annoyed by them. My point is, Thor would have been fine, but why get hit if you dont have to? Associate it as the same with a bee sting. A human will be fine, but tries to avoid them because they sting and are annoying.

I just wouldnt put much stock in the machine gun argument.

Same with being stabbed by Loki. Why is that a low feat? Loki is an Asgardian and i'm sure the small blade he used wasnt your common kitchen knife.

Arachnid1
Superman

Long gap

Thor/Wonder Woman
Ikaris
Vision
Homelander
laughing out loud

Only in your delusions MCU Thor is more powerful than DCEU Superman. I'd agree with this list, though I might switch Vision and Ikaris

Khazra Reborn

FrothByte
In all fairness, Loki was shown to be not affected at all by machine gun fire earlier in the same movie. The jet probably had .50 caliber guns, but the Hulk was nothing more than annoyed by them. My point is, Thor would have been fine, but why get hit if you dont have to? Associate it as the same with a bee sting. A human will be fine, but tries to avoid them because they sting and are annoying.

Same with being stabbed by Loki. Why is that a low feat? Loki is an Asgardian and i'm sure the small blade he used wasnt your common kitchen knife.

Forget bee stings, just think about rain. Humans can't be hurt by rain but it still doesn't stop us from avoiding it.

Darth Thor
He was also new to the Earth so had no clue. Unlike Wonder Woman who actively blocked them long after living with men.

h1a8
Okay, passed out in under a minute, still means he tanked it for a good 20seconds:

https://youtu.be/6a1wO2p6Kio

^ He starts taking it at 0:45 and passes out at 1:30. Hes screaming to carry on at 1:15. So yeah can say he tanked it for a good 20-30seconds.

It was clearly a small star. Ill give you that. But Eitri confirmed he took the full force of a star. Eitri is a pretty reliable source. It was a heat resistance feat. He tanked the temperature and radiation that was being used to melt the Uru. Has nothing to do with cut resistance or blunt force resistance. Thanos and Hulk can still make Thor bleed from punches.

h1a8

Same with being stabbed by Loki. Why is that a low feat? Loki is an Asgardian and i'm sure the small blade he used wasnt your common kitchen knife. That wasn't the writers intent. The intent was Thor would have been seriously injured or killed if such bullets hit him.

If the writer believed that Thor would have been fine then he wouldn't have wrote Thor fleeing to avoid them. He would have either had said bullets miss Thor or said bullets strike Thor with little wear.

h1a8
He was also new to the Earth so had no clue. Unlike Wonder Woman who actively blocked them long after living with men.

You are assuming that these characters are real and were thinking such things. They are actors and wasn't thinking of anything you are talking about. The only truth is in the mind of the writer (his intent). Which is clear.

h1a8

tkitna
Originally posted by h1a8
That wasn't the writers intent. The intent was Thor would have been seriously injured or killed if such bullets hit him.

If the writer believed that Thor would have been fine then he wouldn't have wrote Thor fleeing to avoid them. He would have either had said bullets miss Thor or said bullets strike Thor with little wear.

How in the hell do you know that? Your full of crap. Thor has withstood a lot more than earth bound .50 caliber rounds. He would have been fine just like the Hulk was fine.

Guestdude

h1a8
How in the hell do you know that? Your full of crap. Thor has withstood a lot more than earth bound .50 caliber rounds. He would have been fine just like the Hulk was fine. Common sense. If you were writing a story where you thought Thor was resistant against those bullets then you wouldn't have him run away from them, as if they can hurt him. Otherwise you are deceiving the audience. And that's not your intention.

h1a8

h1a8

Guestdude

h1a8

Guestdude

DarkSaint85
H1 with his interpretation of writer's intent can be hilariously flawed laughing out loud

h1a8

Guestdude

WolvesofBabylon
Are we pretending Thor Ferrell is on par with Superman?

9jaboy
Superman

Thor
Wonder woman
Vision
Ikaris
Homelander

Why are we even comparing Thor with Superman?
Superman is so much stronger and faster than Thor,it's not even close.

Who's the dude saying Thor's lightening cloak will negate a blitz, whose blitz did the cloak negate? Just stating random sh*t cos you don't want your favourite hero to lose easily.

I like Thor but he isn't on Supes level.
He gets the steppenwolf treatment.

h1a8

Guestdude

9jaboy
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Are we pretending Thor Ferrell is on par with Superman? I'm surprised as well. Superman can take on the avengers by himself.

h1a8

abhilegend
No that's false, they don't dictate the canon and power levels of the MCU. They just give an insight to their intentions.

Also you need to prove that's a direct quote from them.
They're the top authority on the films they directed. Are you stupid or something?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Lestov16
You MIGHT be correct? What is WW's durability, as I did not see WW84?
Again, Lolwut?

Darth Thor
They're the top authority on the films they directed. Are you stupid or something?

Says the moron who thinks the Sokovia blast didnt touch Thor.

And no, theyre not the top authority. That goes to a guy named Kevin Feige.

joesha28
DCEU Superman "died" due to nuclear bomb. Being near to the sun saved him.

playa1258
Doesn't matter how powerful Superman is. MCU fans will still argue Black Widow beats him easily with a flex of her snatch lips.

abhilegend
Says the moron who thinks the Sokovia blast didnt touch Thor.

And no, theyre not the top authority. That goes to a guy named Kevin Feige.
Because the dialog stated it directly, idiot. Any explosion would've vaporized Thor.

Kevin Fiege doesn't direct movies. Originally posted by joesha28
DCEU Superman "died" due to nuclear bomb. Being near to the sun saved him.
He was never dead.

9jaboy
Originally posted by joesha28
DCEU Superman "died" due to nuclear bomb. Being near to the sun saved him. So you're saying instead of using Motherbox to revive him,that the sun would have brought him back from death when Doomsday killed him?
If not, then no you don't know what you're talking about.

Also before Superman was knocked out,he was already severely weakened due to kryptonite.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.