Namor vs. Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Namor has his spear, Aquaman has his trident.

Round 1: Fight underwater
Round 2: Fight takes place in an open arena filled with a few inches of water.

No BFR.

h1a8
AM

Adam Grimes
Aquaman.

9jaboy
Aquaman

StiltmanFTW
Aquaman gets one-shotted.

Impediment
Namor stomps Aquaman.

Darth Thor
Namor wins.

BruceSkywalker
Namor stomps

FrothByte
Why does everyone seem convinced this is so one-sided?

playa1258
Aquaman is stronger, faster underwater and his weapon is better.

Namor is more nimble on land but he's not as tanky as Aquaman.

Tzeentch
As a general rule, DCU characters are going to shit on MCU characters. They just operate on a different power scale.

Did Namor display a single decent strength or durability feat in the movie? I guess he did survive that thruster blast with only minor burns. Decent speed feat dodging all those hovercraft shots too.

riv6672

abhilegend
Originally posted by playa1258
Aquaman is stronger, faster underwater and his weapon is better.

Namor is more nimble on land but he's not as tanky as Aquaman.
I doubt Arthur can break vibranium level jabari wood in one punch.

joesha28
Originally posted by abhilegend
I doubt Arthur can break vibranium level jabari wood in one punch.

The issue here is the Jabari wood being nigh-Vibranium level is from interview articles and not mentioned in movies. Casual fans would not know it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by joesha28
The issue here is the Jabari wood being nigh-Vibranium level is from interview articles and not mentioned in movies. Casual fans would not know it.
Jabari wood matched vibranium in first BP movie

joesha28
Originally posted by abhilegend
Jabari wood matched vibranium in first BP movie

Can u tell me the exact scene please? That will be helpful for debates.

abhilegend
Originally posted by joesha28
Can u tell me the exact scene please? That will be helpful for debates.
I misremembered it, vibranium is stated to have effected and enriched plant life in Wakanda.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/original/11135/111351020/8691571-84c038db-b3b3-41d6-b2bc-8888cc6a18e3.jpeg

That corroborates to it being nigh vibranium level.

h1a8
In movies, wood has matched steel multiple times (bo staff against sword, bamboo against sword, etc). Does not mean the wood is as strong as steel.
I don't recall vibranium failing to cut the wood (non sharp parts were the only thing that clashed).

With that said, here's the argument against the feat.

1. MBaku stated it was made of Oak.
It's speculation that said wood was infused with vibranium.
The author would simply tell us that.

2. Also, having some traces of vibranium doesn't prove strength of vibranium.
To be specific, a mixture of wood and vibranium is weaker than pure vibranium.

3. Lastly, what is vibranium best quantifiable feats? Now take half of that due to #2. Is that above 100 tons? Is it above lifting a submarine?

Darth Thor
abhi is right about Vibranium effecting the plant life. So its possible MBakus armour is very strong. But still nothing to suggest its = vibranium.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor
abhi is right about Vibranium effecting the plant life. So its possible MBakus armour is very strong. But still nothing to suggest its = vibranium.

Being affected by something is not the same thing as making it stronger. That's like saying metal poisoning makes you as strong as metal.

The heart-shaped herb is affected by vibranium yet they easily grind it down with mortar and pestle.

NotAllThatEvil2
If we use an interview that says the wood is as strong as vibranium, could we not also use that one interview where it was stated atlantians were about as strong as kryptonians?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil2
If we use an interview that says the wood is as strong as vibranium, could we not also use that one interview where it was stated atlantians were about as strong as kryptonians?

Yes. And it's absurd both ways.

Director's commentary can be interesting to hear for extra insight of what was going through the movie maker's head, but even that isn't canon.

But quoting actors now is just abhi going full retard.

Robtard
I wouldn't put off screen commentary above screen feats. Anyhow.

Flight and some speed are the only real advantage Namor has here, but I don't think it's enough to take down AM.

Now if Namor is "as strong as the Hulk" as M'Baku suggested, then Namor should take this, but he didn't show that level of strength on screen.

NotAllThatEvil2

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard

Now if Namor is "as strong as the Hulk" as M'Baku suggested, then Namor should take this, but he didn't show that level of strength on screen.

At least as strong as Thor according to Ryan Coogler. But will need more evidence of that.

He was clearly pretty strong by MCU standards though. Remember T'Challa BP floored Cull Obsidian (after absorbing enough kinetic energy). Whereas the new BP was completely outmatched in H2H even by a depowered Namor.

John Murdoch
Namor has maneuverability on Aquaman if they are in a large open environment, Aquaman has maneuverability on Namor if they are underwater, Namor's vibranium spear is the better weapon over Aquaman's trident (unless I'm missing something about it being super-duper powered because it is the original Atlantean king's trident), Aquaman is head-and-shoulders over Namor in terms of strength and durability.

Giving it to Aquaman hands down, but Namor has a puncher's chance with the vibranium spear.

NotAllThatEvil2

Darth Thor

NotAllThatEvil2

9jaboy
^ I'm curious as well.
Vibranium lost its integrity when Thanos took it apart with his blade.
I'd say Aquaman's trident is the better weapon.
Even shuri survived it. It ain't doing nothing to AM.

AM beats the crap out of Namor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.