T'Challa vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Murdoch
Let's get Namor in the ring with the champ, Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa.

Battle is the same spot on the beach where Shuri fought Namor.
- T'Challa has his BP/IW/EG armor.
- Namor has his spear and has not been weakened by the Wakandan tanning salon tech.

FrothByte
If he hasn't been weakened then Namor should stomp.

h1a8
The spear turns the table. So Namor most likely wins. Without the spear then T'Challa stomps.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by h1a8
Without the spear then T'Challa stomps.

No. Namors too fast and strong for TChalla. And im not even including Writers intention here which you have proven yourself to be completely hypocritical on.

carthage
Namor wrecks him with or without the spear

h1a8
Originally posted by Darth Thor
No. Namors too fast and strong for TChalla. And im not even including Writers intention here which you have proven yourself to be completely hypocritical on.

Namor can't damage T'Challa. But T'Challa can damage Namor.
Namor is not fast when fighting on the ground (he's human level speed). He's only fast flying through the air aim dodging shots at him.

FrothByte
Namor can't damage T'Challa. But T'Challa can damage Namor.
Namor is not fast when fighting on the ground (he's human level speed). He's only fast flying through the air aim dodging shots at him.

Namor already proved he can hurt Shuri in her BP armor, and that was while he was weakened. What makes you think he can't hurt T'Challa?

h1a8
Originally posted by FrothByte
Namor already proved he can hurt Shuri in her BP armor, and that was while he was weakened. What makes you think he can't hurt T'Challa?

Prove that Shuri was hurt by Namor outside the spear stab.

ShadowFyre
Do you watch the fight scenes in ****ing brail or something?

FrothByte
Prove that Shuri was hurt by Namor outside the spear stab.

Maybe watch the movie first before debating yes?

StiltmanFTW

Name a single time h1 watched a movie he attempted discussing on this forum.

FrothByte
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Name a single time h1 watched a movie he attempted discussing on this forum.

Fair point.

tkitna
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

laughing

h1a8

I did watch the movie. So prove it.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Sometimes

h1a8
Knocking someone around doesn't prove you hurt or damaged them.
The suit is designed to absorb kinetic energy. Shuri was absorbing the kinetic energy from Namor's attacks.
So I'm not talking out of my ass.
You have to prove that Namor was indeed hurting Shuri with his attacks. Then you have to prove by how much.
Otherwise T'Challa wins in a spearless fight.

Darth Thor
You actually are talking out of your ass.

But All you need to know is Writers Intention.

tkitna
Lol. So BP cant even be hurt now? The suit cant take unlimited kinetic energy. If the Hulk stood there and repeatedly beat on BP, BP is going to die. Same with Namor throwing punches.

h1a8
You actually are talking out of your ass.

But All you need to know is Writers Intention.

So now you want to argue writer's intent while dismissing others.
I didn't see any evidence (verbal sounds of pain, laying on the ground for extended periods of time, etc) that Namor hurt Shuri. All I saw was him knock her around and her releasing kinetic energy that was stored.

Originally posted by tkitna
Lol. So BP cant even be hurt now? The suit cant take unlimited kinetic energy. If the Hulk stood there and repeatedly beat on BP, BP is going to die. Same with Namor throwing punches. That's not the argument. The claim is that Namor hurt Shuri. I see no proof of that.

Smurph
He hurts Shuri with his bare hands while they're fighting in the evaporation chamber and his spear is stuck in the ship. It's also clear that she's getting hurt when he knocks her around after they crash land.

Darth Thor
So now you want to argue writer's intent while dismissing others.

Yes I want to argue it now that it's ACTUALLY BEEN STATED by Said Writer.

You prefer to make it up.

FrothByte

That's not the argument. The claim is that Namor hurt Shuri. I see no proof of that.

If you're grunting and crying out in pain after you get hit, then you were obviously hurt... which is something Shuri was doing multiple times in her fight against a weakened Namor.

Now, do all of us a favor and actually watch the movie before commenting on this thread.

ShadowFyre
He watched the Lego version that he made himself. With just one Lego.

h1a8
If you're grunting and crying out in pain after you get hit, then you were obviously hurt... which is something Shuri was doing multiple times in her fight against a weakened Namor.

Now, do all of us a favor and actually watch the movie before commenting on this thread. I disagree. I remember no such things. Prove me wrong.

h1a8
Yes I want to argue it now that it's ACTUALLY BEEN STATED by Said Writer.

You prefer to make it up.

Show me that the writer stated Namor hurt Shuri.

Originally posted by Smurph
He hurts Shuri with his bare hands while they're fighting in the evaporation chamber and his spear is stuck in the ship. It's also clear that she's getting hurt when he knocks her around after they crash land.

What's the proof?

Now, do all of us a favor and actually watch the movie before commenting on this thread. I stated the following before your last post.

I didn't see any evidence (verbal sounds of pain, laying on the ground for extended periods of time, etc) that Namor hurt Shuri. All I saw was him knock her around and her releasing kinetic energy that was stored.

Now prove it

FrothByte
I disagree. I remember no such things. Prove me wrong.

Just so we're clear, you're claiming that Shuri never grunted nor cried out in pain when she was fighting Namor?

h1a8
Just so we're clear, you're claiming that Shuri never grunted nor cried out in pain when she was fighting Namor?

Yup that's my claim. Now prove me wrong.

FrothByte
Yup that's my claim. Now prove me wrong.

Easy, you need to watch the movie and listen. Hard to prove something to someone who doesn't even want to go and look at the proof.

Now after you've watched the movie, prove to me that Shuri wasn't hurt.

h1a8
Easy, you need to watch the movie and listen. Hard to prove something to someone who doesn't even want to go and look at the proof.

Now after you've watched the movie, prove to me that Shuri wasn't hurt. I watched the scene yesterday (or was it 2 days ago?). That's why I posted what I said (no verbal clues, no lying for extended periods of time, etc)

Hint:I wouldn't say " prove me wrong" if I didn't see it myself.

FrothByte
I watched the scene yesterday. That's why I posted what I said (no verbal clues, no lying for extended periods of time, etc)

And you obviously weren't paying attention, as everyone here will agree that both Namor and Shuri were indeed grunting in pain multiple times in their fight.

So again, please make sure you watch the movie and pay attention, otherwise it's useless providing proof to someone who hasn't watched the movie.

Now if you want to claim Shuri wasn't hurt, then you'll need to prove it.

Smurph

What's the proof?
The footage in those scenes. I can't hold your hand any further than that.

tkitna
The footage in those scenes. I can't hold your hand any further than that.

Exactly. If he is unable to comprehend was is happening during those scenes, then everybody is just wasting their time with him.

I find that to be the case most times with H1.

Darth Thor
Show me that the writer stated Namor hurt Shuri.

The writer said Namor is as strong as Thor/Hulk, who we already know can easily batter even TChalla BP, let alone Shuri BP.

Now concede, either that you are wrong here or that you have been wrong all these years (decades now) claiming Writers Intent is what matters.

Either way I want a concession.

h1a8
The writer said Namor is as strong as Thor/Hulk, who we already know can easily batter even TChalla BP, let alone Shuri BP.

Now concede, either that you are wrong here or that you have been wrong all these years (decades now) claiming Writers Intent is what matters.

Either way I want a concession. Writer's opinion is invalid if it contradicts onscreen evidence

Darth Thor
Writer's opinion is invalid if it contradicts onscreen evidence

And who decides that? Oh let me guess, you do.

Just GTFO man. Youre an imbecile.

h1a8
And who decides that? Oh let me guess, you do.

Just GTFO man. Youre an imbecile.
That's kmc rules. Been that way since the beginning.
Stop acting all new

FrothByte
That's kmc rules. Been that way since the beginning.
Stop acting all new

There is no KMC rule that says you, H1, gets to decide what writer's intent is.

Smurph
The only consistent aspect of h1's interpretations of the rules or "writer intent" is that they conveniently always require proof from everybody but him. Everything else shifts but that's the constant.

ares834

FrothByte

h1a8
There is no KMC rule that says you, H1, gets to decide what writer's intent is.
Its writer's intent do not contradict onscreen showings then we can accept writer's intent (if we all in agreement).
But if they do then onscreen evidence trumps writer's intent. That's the rules.

h1a8
The only consistent aspect of h1's interpretations of the rules or "writer intent" is that they conveniently always require proof from everybody but him. Everything else shifts but that's the constant.

Writer's intent is valid and acceptable, provided it doesn't contradict onscreen showings.

Darth Thor
Its writer's intent do not contradict onscreen showings then we can accept writer's intent (if we all in agreement).
But if they do then onscreen evidence trumps writer's intent. That's the rules.

Show me these rules.

h1a8
Show me these rules.

Darth Thor
^ Nothing about Writers Intent there.

Ergo, youre making up your own rules, As Per Usual.

You also need to look up the meaning of CONTRADICT. Because youre the only one who claims Cooglers statement Outright Contradicts the on screen feats of Namor. What others are suggesting is we cant go by directors comments alone.

Either way, Namor has sufficient on screen feats to smash BPs face in.

h1a8
^ Nothing about Writers Intent there.

Ergo, youre making up your own rules, As Per Usual.

You also need to look up the meaning of CONTRADICT. Because youre the only one who claims Cooglers statement Outright Contradicts the on screen feats of Namor. What others are suggesting is we cant go by directors comments alone.

Either way, Namor has sufficient on screen feats to smash BPs face in. It says movie feats only. That means interviews don't count.

Well Namor showed 50-100 ton strength.
If you accept that Thor and Hulk is around that level then it doesn't contradict.

Darth Thor
It says movie feats only. That means interviews don't count.

Exactly so you concede youve been nothing but a Big TROLL all these years with Writers Intent.

Writers Intent which youve consistently made up yourself. But when a legit statement comes from the Writer, you IGNORE it, and whine about the Rules.

Ive simply called out your BS.

Well Namor showed 50-100 ton strength.
If you accept that Thor and Hulk is around that level then it doesn't contradict.

Except Thor and Hulk have their own On Screen Feats DUMMY.

h1a8
Exactly so you concede youve been nothing but a Big TROLL all these years with Writers Intent.

Writers Intent which youve consistently made up yourself. But when a legit statement comes from the Writer, you IGNORE it, and whine about the Rules.

Ive simply called out your BS.

Except Thor and Hulk have their own On Screen Feats DUMMY.

Writer's intent using what is shown onscreen, not interviews. Big difference.

Contradictions can't exist in a debate. There is no law of the excluded middle.

P1: Namor showed 50-100 ton strength maximum
P2: Namor is as strong as Thor and Hulk
C: Thor and Hulk have 50-100 ton strength

This is a deductive argument. Therefore, the conclusion is only false if one of the premises is false.

P1 is not false
Therefore if the conclusion is false then P2 is false.

Darth Thor
Again youre making up your own rules on writers intent. Nothing about writers intent is mentioned in the rules. So why not just concede youve been talking shit all these years?

No real limits are shown to Namors strength in Wakanda Forever, so your conclusion sucks ass.

h1a8
Again youre making up your own rules on writers intent. Nothing about writers intent is mentioned in the rules. So why not just concede youve been talking shit all these years?

No real limits are shown to Namors strength in Wakanda Forever, so your conclusion sucks ass.
Writer's intent through MOVIE FEATS ONLY.
What's so hard to understand?

Namor did show limits. He used all of his might several times and produced effects that were less than 100 tons of force.

Also a character does not get limits higher than on screen evidence shows.
So if a character, with near full effort, lifted 50 tons in a movie then we can't give them a higher limit in a forum fight.

Darth Thor
1)Writer's intent through MOVIE FEATS ONLY.
What's so hard to understand?

2)Namor did show limits. He used all of his might several times and produced effects that were less than 100 tons of force.

3)Also a character does not get limits higher than on screen evidence shows.
4)So if a character, with near full effort, lifted 50 tons in a movie then we can't give them a higher limit in a forum fight.

1) Again you dont get to make up your own rules Troll. Thats what youre having major difficulties understanding.

2) Nope. Youre making things up again. He was only shown to use all his might when de-powered.

3) So concede youve been trolling all these years with Writers Intent.

4) There was no near full effort except after depowerment.

DarkSaint85
H1, on writer's intent:

In Superman 4, A human woman was breathing and talking in space.
Does that mean that it was air in space?
Basically, writers get shit wrong in movies all the time. Therefore we should go by intent.
Clearly the intent was that the outcome would have been the same on the surface or in orbit.

Note: Trying to use exact physics to lowball (not highball) feats can result in nearly all feats being rendered non feats (or lowballed). So let's stick to writer's intent shall we.

h1a8
1) Again you dont get to make up your own rules Troll. Thats what youre having major difficulties understanding.

2) Nope. Youre making things up again. He was only shown to use all his might when de-powered.

3) So concede youve been trolling all these years with Writers Intent.

4) There was no near full effort except after depowerment.

1. I quoted the rules MOVIE FEATS ONLY. What's si hard to understand?

2. Writer's intent can be used if it doesn't contradict MOVIE FEATS.

3. He used full (or near full) effort multiple times BEFORE the end of the movie.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
H1, on writer's intent:

Yup, as long as it doesn't contradict onscreen evidence it's all good.

Darth Thor
1. I quoted the rules MOVIE FEATS ONLY. What's si hard to understand?

2. Writer's intent can be used if it doesn't contradict MOVIE FEATS.

3. He used full (or near full) effort multiple times BEFORE the end of the movie.

1. There was no mention of Writer's intent there DUMMY

2. You don't get make up your own rules. IF there was a ruling, it would clearly only relate to Director's Statements, and not Writer's Intent, which is subjective as hell so dumb AF to use.

3. Says you, and you only. PROVE IT OR QUIT TROLLING.

DarkSaint85
Yup, as long as it doesn't contradict onscreen evidence it's all good.

Which it apparently does in Superman 4.

Yet you wanted to rely then on Intent only, no?

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Which it apparently does in Superman 4.

Yet you wanted to rely then on Intent only, no?

Writer's intent didn't contradict onscreen evidence in Superman 4.
Writer's intent was that a human can survive in space (breath and everything). We see this happening.

confused

h1a8
1. There was no mention of Writer's intent there DUMMY

2. You don't get make up your own rules. IF there was a ruling, it would clearly only relate to Director's Statements, and not Writer's Intent, which is subjective as hell so dumb AF to use.

3. Says you, and you only. PROVE IT OR QUIT TROLLING.

The statement MOVIE FEATS ONLY implies that nothing else can be used. You know the English language of the word, "ONLY" right? Why are you acting slow?

3. He shown great effort in slinging the Wakanda ship. He had to spin the helicopter multiple times to generate enough speed to throw it with enough force. This shows less than 100 ton strength. He once or twice yelled in might when he punched (and said punch appeared to be less than 50 tons in force).

Darth Thor
The statement MOVIE FEATS ONLY implies that nothing else can be used. You know the English language of the word, "ONLY" right? Why are you acting slow?

Exactly. So concede now that you've been talking s*** all these year's regarding "writers intention".

I am waiting.

3. He shown great effort in slinging the Wakanda ship. He had to spin the helicopter multiple times to generate enough speed to throw it with enough force. This shows less than 100 ton strength. He once or twice yelled in might when he punched (and said punch appeared to be less than 50 tons in force).

This is your own very subjective analysis and doesn't prove anything.

h1a8
Exactly. So concede now that you've been talking s*** all these year's regarding "writers intention".

I am waiting.

This is your own very subjective analysis and doesn't prove anything.

Writer's intent can be portrayed IN THE MOVIE FEAT. That is what I use, not interviews. In other words, argue intent from the actual scene, not from outside interviews.

There is no mention of Namor not using his full (or almost full) might in those instances where he is blood lusted.

Darth Thor

h1a8

Darth Thor
A character who is blood lusted is not holding back his punches unless there is evidence that he/she is.

Namor was slinging ships with his full might, punching with his full might, etc.

Says who? Oh because thats Writers intention right ? laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.