Obi Wan Kenobi TPM vs Qui-Gon Jinn TMP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Who wins: both from The Phantom Menace.

1. Light sabres
2. Force powers
3. All out fight: anything goes

Total Warrior
Qui Gon

Darth Thor
They're probably roughly on the same level, but I'm sure Master would take out Apprentice if he had to.

McP
Not sure if Kenobi isn't a little bit outrated at this point. Perhaps due to he was just a "padawan" at that point. Anyway, while Qui-Gon could be a little bit more skillful, Obi-Wan was possibly more agile with a better stamina.

Qui-Gon either reached his limit or he just wasn't a natural fighter. Obi-Wan had an acces to boost (dark side or not), which enabled him to competet with Maul on a higher level. Yes, he should be beaten, but he was at least able to destroy his saberstaff. Qui-Gon just had his small chance after he thrown Maul out of this catwalk. But it was also due to facet that Maul was focused on doing the same thing to Obi-Wan seconds before.

And when Dooku was concerned that he wont be there to protect him (on Naboo), Jinn replied that now Obi-Wan is filling that role. Which might somehow suggested, that it is Obi-Wan who is more focused on "agresive negotiations" out of those two.

Perhaps it's actually Dooku's fault. Instead of pushing Jinn forward in terms of fighting ability, Dooku's own mastery could make them both really safe. And Qui-Gon had to do something, that his master could not - was focused on protecting Dooku from himself.

Darth Thor
^ Oh yeah Kenobi had more potential and stood a better chance against Maul (clearly).

I just think overall they were roughly on the same level, but I'd go with Master over Apprentice. Like the natural advantage Obi-Wan always had against Anakin.

Originally posted by McP

Qui-Gon either reached his limit or he just wasn't a natural fighter.

Not sure that's fair. Only an elite few would be > Maul.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.