Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
meant to talk about on thanksgiving.. Felt it was good fun. Mantis and Drax stole the show and was real nice.. if ya'll havent watched then WHAT FRACK ARE YOU WAITING FOR????

Patient_Leech
Shit... didn't know it was available already.

The trailer I saw a couple of weeks ago looked pretty terrible... but will still give a watch.

Patient_Leech
Too much World Cup to watch right now... heh.. 😄

Old Man Whirly!
If America won, all uour home grown sports would die...

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
If America won, all uour home grown sports would die...

Haha, I doubt it, but that would be fine by me, I love soccer (futbol)! 😄

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Haha, I doubt it, but that would be fine by me, I love soccer (futbol)! 😄

soccer IS NOT FOOTBALL LOL

Patient_Leech
Thou shalt use your feet and not your hands on the ball; therefore, it is indeed FOOTBALL!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
soccer IS NOT FOOTBALL LOL

It is.

Just because USA goes insane sometimes, doesn't mean the rest of the world follows them.

Rugby is rugby, football is football.

tkitna
I enjoyed it. It was silly fun, but who cares.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by tkitna
I enjoyed it. It was silly fun, but who cares.

Isn't the whole point of GotG "silly fun"?

It certainly has been working pretty well for them so far.

Darth Thor
Was fun, but think it would have been much funnier if I hadn't seen the trailer.

Thou shalt use your feet and not your hands on the ball; therefore, it is indeed FOOTBALL!

Exactly.

Just common sense. Plus Americans who say otherwise didn't even invent the sport.

StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Exactly.

Just common sense. Plus Americans who say otherwise didn't even invent the sport.

thumb up

It's that simple, really.

Can't understand why so many US guys get all worked up over this. Wtf.

Old Man Whirly!
Real football has been called football long before "Gridiron" a game where players are reduced to pieces, in a game with only 15 minutes of activity played by coaches. Tbh, I still enjoy Gridiron, but it's a strange game.

StiltmanFTW
Whirl, you're perhaps the only Mister Worldwide on the entire forums.

Why Americans are so stubborn about calling their version of gridiron "football", in your opinion?

tkitna
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Isn't the whole point of GotG "silly fun"?

It certainly has been working pretty well for them so far.

Absolutely, but this was even goofier than usual.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Was fun, but think it would have been much funnier if I hadn't seen the trailer.

Exactly.

Just common sense. Plus Americans who say otherwise didn't even invent the sport. Statistically they don't even sport if Gecko is anything to go by.

Patient_Leech
I watched this. It was surprisingly funny and entertaining. A little sappy and Christmassy at the end, but it's great. A fun little addition to the Guardians series.

It also seems like a bit of a teaser for Vol. 3. Can't wait.

Robtard
Agreed, I was expecting a turd, but it was goofy and lighthearted and it worked overall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.