Darth Vader vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95

Total Warrior
Vader

xPRIMEx
Vader claps, prime Obi Wan needed a godly amp just to beat a pre prime and weakened Vader.

ozz81
Vader

Forschbewithu
I think most people would agree Vader reached his prime after Kenobi died.

When he was still alive, canon sources have them as being equals in power (insider #214).

Had Kenobi survived beyond ANH, it would be interesting to see if Kenobi could continue to keep up with Vader. Since we'll never know, Vader wins by default and has my vote.

Total Warrior
sources are often time unreliable and are more useful as toilet paper. Several sources have Vader as the strongest Sith, and for many years we had him pretty close to Sidious, until h was stomped no diff by Sid

xPRIMEx

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by Total Warrior
sources are often time unreliable and are more useful as toilet paper. Several sources have Vader as the strongest Sith, and for many years we had him pretty close to Sidious, until h was stomped no diff by Sid

Any time you have a fictional universe as large as Star Wars, you're bound to have contradictions in its lore. It's simply the nature of the beast. What's canon today isn't necessarily canon tomorrow. Star Wars will forever be changing and evolving.

That being said, where canon stands now, obi-wan and Vader are equals in power by the end of the Kenobi show, and heavily implied they were (roughly) equals in ANH. Most sources point to Vader being at his peak in rotj, implying he's evolved beyond his ANH version, which also means he scales beyond Kenobi too. Vader wins.

McP
Pre-suited, prime Vader takes this. Obi-Wan won their duel, but still Vader was stronger, better and would take a solid majority over Kenobi in other scenarios.

Suited Vader might be better in terms of using the Force, yet he's inferior duelist to his pre-suited self. And to Kenobi as well. And I don't believe in this bullshit, that he was on overall same level per 20+ years, and then jumped in power considerable only to be stomped by Sidious.

Ah, I shouldn't forget that Vader is terribly hindered in any fight that he looses, God, what a bullshit xD

ozz81
I think also the insider canon source is referring to the weakened version of Vader being equal in power to Obi..

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by ozz81
I think also the insider canon source is referring to the weakened version of Vader being equal in power to Obi..

What portion of that source has lead you to that conclusion?

ozz81

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.