Why didn't Superman or Hulk destroy earth??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Hulk didn't destroy earth when he was transported from the Dark Dimension after destroying a planet, why?

Superman didn't melt his JLA friends or destroy World Forger planet and he was more amped than he's ever been when he punched World Forger. Why? Before punching World Forger, he supposedly destroyed a planet while weakened. Please explain.

-Pr-
Do you just... not understand how kinetic energy works?

DarkSaint85
They both held back. Thanks

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-

I know how it works, I want some other people to understand AND I want them to understand that heros and earth isn't fodder.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
I know how it works, I want some other people to understand AND I want them to understand that heros and earth isn't fodder.

Mhmm. Sure. Of course.

h1a8
Hulk didn't destroy earth when he was transported from the Dark Dimension after destroying a planet, why?

Superman didn't melt his JLA friends or destroy World Forger planet and he was more amped than he's ever been when he punched World Forger. Why? Before punching World Forger, he supposedly destroyed a planet while weakened. Please explain. In the DD, both Hulk and Betty rushed each other at full speed from a distance and collided. On Earth, they did no such thing. All Hulk did was step on an amped FFF. The comic stated that he was about to break the Earth though. For writer's intent, he had full capability of doing so.

Like I said
Lack of collateral damage isn't proof of maximum power.
But existence of collateral damage IS proof to minimum power.

For example, if collateral damage lifts a 65ton tank in the air then the minimum power that was applied by the character(s) is 65tons. The maximum power is unknown (and can be anything the writer wants).

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
In the DD, both Hulk and Betty rushed each other at full speed from a distance and collided. On Earth, they did no such thing. All Hulk did was step on an amped FFF. The comic stated that he was about to break the Earth though. For writer's intent, he had full capability of doing so.

Like I said
Lack of collateral damage isn't proof of maximum power.
But existence of collateral damage IS proof to minimum power.

For example, if collateral damage lifts a 65ton tank in the air then the minimum power that was applied by the character(s) is 65tons. The maximum power is unknown (and can be anything the writer wants).

You forget that on Earth, WBH and WBB (World Breaker Betty) were both amped beyond what they were in the DD.

They also had a massively amped Jen and Rick with them, insane with power, and all four were fighting. So the 'rushing towards each other' Vs 'punching each other' isn't comparable.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You forget that on Earth, WBH and WBB (World Breaker Betty) were both amped beyond what they were in the DD.

They also had a massively amped Jen and Rick with them, insane with power, and all four were fighting. So the 'rushing towards each other' Vs 'punching each other' isn't comparable.

And Superman was amped when he punched WF and didn't destroy the planet or hurt the JLA. Why? Don't forget, he destroyed a planet beforehand.

DarkSaint85

DarkSaint85

Look at how this powerful sniper gun completely annihilates this poor watermelon as it punches through it, yet is unable to even budge the oil can under it:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-tTAYFSnRW4&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

That oil can must be super powerful. Or the gun is weak. I really wonder how kinetic energy works.

carver9
We came to the conclusion that both Superman and Hulk are both weak as f***. You're conclusions came to this decision so I'm wondering why we are still discussing it. I think Supermans showing is worse though because he sun dipped in at least 16 suns and still couldn't kill Batman or hurt Hawkgirl.

DarkSaint85
I guess you didn't even click the link sad. Explain it, Carv!

Astner
Look at how this powerful sniper gun completely annihilates this poor watermelon as it punches through it, yet is unable to even budge the oil can under it:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-tTAYFSnRW4&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

That oil can must be super powerful. Or the gun is weak. I really wonder how kinetic energy works.
How is this even relevant? Superman punched World Forger straight down to the ground creating a massive crater. That's the impact that absorbed the kinetic energy that Superman delivered in that scene.

DarkSaint85
Or World Forger and his multiomnitransversal anvil absorbed a lot of the impact?

Astner
Or World Forger and his multiomnitransversal anvil absorbed a lot of the impact?
Too bad that there are no allusions of that in the comics.

DarkSaint85
Hence my video showing basic physics.

Astner
Hence my video showing basic physics.
The video is completely unrelated to the phenomenon we're discussing.

DarkSaint85
Carv was asking why despite Superman being superoowerful and throwing this awesome punch, the surrounding people and terrain weren't affected.

The video showed that despite being an incredibly powerful gun, there was no collateral damage either - but no one would claim the gun was weak, or that there was inconsistency, or plot armour etc.

-Pr-
It's collateral damage all over again. El oh el.

lawest9
We came to the conclusion that both Superman and Hulk are both weak as f***. You're conclusions came to this decision so I'm wondering why we are still discussing it. I think Supermans showing is worse though because he sun dipped in at least 16 suns and still couldn't kill Batman or hurt Hawkgirl. You are a collateral damage FREAK..........aren't you?

lawest9
It's collateral damage all over again. El oh el. That's the whole basis for most of his arguments.

Astner
Carv was asking why despite Superman being superoowerful and throwing this awesome punch, the surrounding people and terrain weren't affected.
No he didn't, he asked why Superman's punch didn't destroy the planet. The punch did cause noticeable collateral damage.

The video showed that despite being an incredibly powerful gun, there was no collateral damage either - but no one would claim the gun was weak, or that there was inconsistency, or plot armour etc.
In this particular context where a 0.5 caliber bullet discharged with a muzzle velocity of 850 m/s is compared to a planet destroying impact, it's not "incredibly powerful" but incomparably weak.

If the bullet was discharged at ultrarelativistic speeds, it would not behave anything like in the video.

carver9

Lmmfao. Can't believe you're using this as an excuse. Again, why didn't the heroes around Supes and the planet did not burst or explode during Supermans most powerful amped up punch?

carver9
Originally posted by lawest9
You are a collateral damage FREAK..........aren't you?

If you've followed the argument, you would know what's going on here (Dark trolling). Since you're not following the argument and you're just reading one post without knowing the context, you should probably stay out of this.

Smurph
Originally posted by lawest9
You are a FREAK..........aren't you? lawest talking to himself in the mirror

h1a8

Hulk stepped on FFF. That was the only action taken by the Hulk' as far as I remember..
Jen and Rick attacked both Hulk's but they are not WB level.

Anyway my second statement still stands as well.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Astner
No he didn't, he asked why Superman's punch didn't destroy the planet. The punch did cause noticeable collateral damage.

Nice.

DarkSaint85
Lmmfao. Can't believe you're using this as an excuse. Again, why didn't the heroes around Supes and the planet did not burst or explode during Supermans most powerful amped up punch?

It was absorbed by World Forger and his anvil smile

DarkSaint85
Hulk stepped on FFF. That was the only action taken by the Hulk' as far as I remember..
Jen and Rick attacked both Hulk's but they are not WB level.

Anyway my second statement still stands as well.

Then you need to read the comic.

h1a8
Then you need to read the comic. Well they threw a punch or two each. I forgot about that.

Anyway neither seems in WB mode at that point
(They still could be though)

They lost the energy that was flowing from their eyes (distinct clue to WB Mode).

If they were still in WB mode then my 2nd statement still stands
Collateral damage (or lack of it) doesn't give us the maximum power that was applied by the character(s). It only gives us the minimum possible power that was applied.

DarkSaint85
Well they threw a punch or two each. I forgot about that.

Anyway neither seems in WB mode at that point
(They still could be though)

They lost the energy that was flowing from their eyes (distinct clue to WB Mode).

If they were still in WB mode then my 2nd statement still stands
Collateral damage (or lack of it) doesn't give us the maximum power that was applied by the character(s). It only gives us the minimum possible power that was applied.

Then you need to read the comic, again.

carver9
It was absorbed by World Forger and his anvil smile

No it wasn't. 😃

DarkSaint85
No it wasn't. 😃

Prove it.

carver9
I dont have to prove anything since this was never stated in the comic.

StiltmanFTW
You two are actually married, yes?

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud

I dont have to prove anything since this was never stated in the comic.

Cool. So you asked for an explanation, one's given, you throw a tantrum lol. I have more explanations if you want.

None for Hulk though. Apart from the one you hate. Not my fault you need your hand holding.

carver9
No explanation was given. Not shown in the comic or mentioned. My statement stands

DarkSaint85
No explanation was given. Not shown in the comic or mentioned. My statement stands

Nice nice. So if it was mentioned or alluded to, you'd accept it?

Sin I AM

I honestly think everyone holds back on earth

carver9
Nice nice. So if it was mentioned or alluded to, you'd accept it?

If it's said on panel that World Forger weapon absorbed Supermans punch, then I don't have a choice but to accept it.

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I honestly think everyone holds back on earth

No being, no matter how powerful they are, is destroying Earth. Yes, a Celestial did it but Earth was revived right back. It's a rarity. Earth is just as much of a plot as Batman kick and tech is.

Sin I AM
No being, no matter how powerful they are, is destroying Earth. Yes, a Celestial did it but Earth was revived right back. It's a rarity. Earth is just as much of a plot as Batman kick and tech is.

Mmmm...no. I think there are beings on Earth who can destroy earth they just choose not to, not that they're unable

DarkSaint85
If it's said on panel that World Forger weapon absorbed Supermans punch, then I don't have a choice but to accept it.

That's not what I am saying, but ok laughing out loud

Diesldude

carver9
That's not what I am saying, but ok laughing out loud

Gotcha. No on panel proof.

DarkSaint85
Oh I do, I wanted to know how much hand holding you need first

carver9
If it's not "mentioned" on panel, it holds no weight. How heavy was that sun that Lobo pulled on Earth? Earth wasn't destroyed, heck, the area it was pulled on wasn't destroyed. Are we saying house level? Building level? How heavy

https://ibb.co/gj2xhNP

Superman lifted Earth weights on earth with no damage, planet knocked off axis, nothing happened. Did he really lift earth weight, Dark? Hyperbole? Explain these for me, please.

DarkSaint85
Lobo wasn't on Earth. Are you ok?

Then, it was mentioned that it's a neutron star. Bad example to use.

THEN! he even says he possesses stellar mass. Which is an actual measurement, lol.

But let's keep at this. So if it's mentioned, then you accept it, right? Yes or no?

carver9
Lobo wasn't on Earth. Are you ok?

Then, it was mentioned that it's a neutron star. Bad example to use.

THEN! he even says he possesses stellar mass. Which is an actual measurement, lol.

But let's keep at this. So if it's mentioned, then you accept it, right? Yes or no?

Whatever planet he was on, the landmass should have been annihilated.

Show me on panel, during the punch it saying the anvil absorbed Superman punch. Scans please.

Also, why wasn't earth impacted by earth weights on it?

carver9
Answer these first and then we will talk about black holes being opened up on earth and energy matching the power of the sun on earth. We have a long discussion Mr Saint.

DarkSaint85
No no no, you misunderstood me.

I am asking, if AN explanation is mentioned or alluded to, then is that all you need, yes or no?

carver9
And I'm saying if it's mentioning SUPERMAN punch ion World Forger being absorbed by the anvil, then I can't battle against that.

DarkSaint85
Oh I've moved on from that now, because you've admitted you need your hand held. So I have a new explanation.

DarkSaint85
Carver, hello!

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Mmmm...no. I think there are beings on Earth who can destroy earth they just choose not to, not that they're unable

Yes. Basically any hero. And a lot of villains.

DarkSaint85

I wonder if Batman can destroy Earth.

carver9
Has he? Superman going all out didn't even destroy Metropolis city block or the humans beside him in his fight against Doomsday and Black Adam.

DarkSaint85
Has he? Superman going all out didn't even destroy Metropolis city block or the humans beside him in his fight against Doomsday and Black Adam.

And there's an explanation for all of that smile but am still awaiting your response to my initial question.

On top of that, I thought you said it was as much a plot device as Batman's tech - so why can't he destroy earth?

carver9
I answered your question. If it's mentioned on the page and in the comic that the anvil absorbed Superman punch, then I'm ok with it. Explain to me why Lois wasn't killed when she was right next to Doomsday and Superman when they were fighting. I need to see this.

DarkSaint85
I answered your question. If it's mentioned on the page and in the comic that the anvil absorbed Superman punch, then I'm ok with it. Explain to me why Lois wasn't killed when she was right next to Doomsday and Superman when they were fighting. I need to see this.

No that wasn't my question, lmao.

I'm not talking about the anvil.

Oh I've moved on from that now, because you've admitted you need your hand held. So I have a new explanation.

-Pr-

carver9

-Pr-
So... no?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.