Aquaman 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Lol... people walked out of test screenings it's so bad apparently...

https://www.moviegeak.com/aquaman-2-one-of-the-worst-dc-movies-people-walked-out-of-terrible-test-screenings/

riv6672

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

https://www.moviegeak.com/aquaman-2-one-of-the-worst-dc-movies-people-walked-out-of-terrible-test-screenings/

With how much they had to edit for Heard's screen time, wouldn't surprise me

plus if it is true, Then it shows WB's can't do a good sequel from the Snyder verse. First WW 2 (1984) and now this.

rudester
I never liked Aquaman 1#, why would 2# be any different

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
With how much they had to edit for Heard's screen time, wouldn't surprise me

Yeah, I heard they were going to cut down her screentime, but not entirely cut her. They should just cut her entirely. It could only improve the film.

plus if it is true, Then it shows WB's can't do a good sequel from the Snyder verse. First WW 2 (1984) and now this.

Yeah, I didn't even bother with WW1984. It looked awful.

Originally posted by rudester

I agree, the first one sucked, too, it just had some nice visuals to distract you. (And Willem Dafoe, of course, which helped it a lot.)

I don't think Willem Dafoe is even in the sequel! It should be primarily ABOUT his character! Then maybe it wouldn't suck...

StiltmanFTW

Can't say I'm surprised.

StiltmanFTW

BruceSkywalker
i wont see except free of charge

Robtard

That's a damn shame as I think the first AM flick is a fun adventure flick, even though the bed-shitter's red wig was distracting. Should have just dyed that shit.

Kazenji
Originally posted by rudester

I liked the first movie "shrugs"

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
That's a damn shame as I think the first AM flick is a fun adventure flick, even though the bed-shitter's red wig was distracting. Should have just dyed that shit.

Her unlikeability and poor chemistry with Jason Momoa was more distracting than anything.

Kazenji
Her unlikeability and poor chemistry with Jason Momoa was more distracting than anything.

Yeah and they also had to edit the film in a way to make it look like they both had chemistry.

Patient_Leech
Yeah and they also had to edit the film in a way to make it look like they both had chemistry.

Clearly an impossible task.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/6B7WdNg/01.png

riv6672
^^^WTF?!? laughing

tkitna
I still think Amber Heard is nice to look at. *shrug*

riv6672
Originally posted by tkitna
I still think Amber Heard is nice to look at. *shrug*
^^^Definitely. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^WTF?!? laughing

https://i.ibb.co/g6z225Y/01-1.gif

riv6672
^^^SUPER DICKERY!!!!

Ridley_Prime
FV3bqvOHRQo?si=PmOQEQZruT4C9CoS

srug

Patient_Leech
Burn it to ash? It's under water.

I can't take this crap seriously.. Lol smh

Robtard
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
FV3bqvOHRQo?si=PmOQEQZruT4C9CoS

srug

Looks like a fun adventure flick like the first film. Hopefully it pans out and isn't a giant turd like Shazam 2 turned out to be.

Odds are against this being good though, considering the DCU's history,

Robtard
They should have replaced Amber Heard, so Mera could be in it as a main character. Stupid to keep Heard and cut her down to almost nothing.

OR! Keep Heard and have her do a scene where she's shitting underwater and the turd is a continuous 15+ foot log hanging and floating out of her ass, like a goldfish does.

Ridley_Prime
Looks like a fun adventure flick like the first film. Hopefully it pans out and isn't a giant turd like Shazam 2 turned out to be.

Odds are against this being good though, considering the DCU's history,
I had no faith in the more recent stuff like Shazam 2 to begin with. This from the trailer at least seems fun in a similar vein to Aquaman 1 though (between the visuals, direction, and production value), so anyone who enjoyed A1 should probably feel the same with A2. I expect it'll also sell more than the recent films just on it coming out on the holidays like the first Aquaman did, although it expectedly won't make A1 numbers.

Thanks to the bed shitter in part, even with her diminished screen time. It may have been "too late" to recast Flash, but not sure if that's really the case with Mera, especially with the reshoots this film already had to go through after it had initially failed with the test audience.

Having not gone out of my way with any DCEU stuff after Black Adam and the aftermath announcement of that universe, I'll only go out and see this if I hear mostly good things about it like with A1. The odds are against that being the case though like you said.

Patient_Leech
Funny, I think I only saw a very quick shot of Amber Heard? Maybe?

Probably wise to not show her much, heh.

This looks awful, though. Somehow all the underwater effects and greenscreen looks even more cartoony and goofy than before. Or maybe I forgot just how goofy it was.

I like Yahya Abdul Mateen II, though. I may watch ironically at some point with friends and beers.

Patient_Leech
Wait, let me put this into Robtard lingo...

This looks like Melissa McCarthy's dirty ass.

Robtard
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I had no faith in the more recent stuff like Shazam 2 to begin with. This from the trailer at least seems fun in a similar vein to Aquaman 1 though (between the visuals, direction, and production value), so anyone who enjoyed A1 should probably feel the same with A2. I expect it'll also sell more than the recent films just on it coming out on the holidays like the first Aquaman did, although it expectedly won't make A1 numbers.

Thanks to the bed shitter in part, even with her diminished screen time. It may have been "too late" to recast Flash, but not sure if that's really the case with Mera, especially with the reshoots this film already had to go through after it had initially failed with the test audience.

Having not gone out of my way with any DCEU stuff after Black Adam and the aftermath announcement of that universe, I'll only go out and see this if I hear mostly good things about it like with A1. The odds are against that being the case though like you said. Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Funny, I think I only saw a very quick shot of Amber Heard? Maybe?

Probably wise to not show her much, heh.

This looks awful, though. Somehow all the underwater effects and greenscreen looks even more cartoony and goofy than before. Or maybe I forgot just how goofy it was.

I like Yahya Abdul Mateen II, though. I may watch ironically at some point with friends and beers.

From what I understand, her screen time is cut down to just a few minutes total.

Robtard
Wait, let me put this into Robtard lingo...

This looks like Melissa McCarthy's dirty ass.

Woah, dude.

Did you not enjoy the first Aquaman?

riv6672
Looks good!

Patient_Leech
Woah, dude.

I enjoyed some of the visuals and Dafoe, but otherwise I had trouble taking it seriously. And try though they did, Heard and Mamoa were so lacking in chemistry it was embarrassing.

Makes you wonder if they even did a screen test with those two.

BruceSkywalker
I have no desire to give this film any money

Kazenji
Movie looks good from the trailer....hope the final product is when its released

Makes you wonder if they even did a screen test with those two.

I don't think they did if you followed the Depp V heard trail, I remember someone said they had to edit the first movie in a way that it made it look like Momoa & Heard had chemistry.

riv6672
How does one edit in chemistry? confused

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
How does one edit in chemistry? confused

A damn good movie editor thats how.

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Woah, dude.

Nobody did.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/PG4nzR6/01-1.png

Kazenji
We get it Stilt, You're gay for Aquaman.

riv6672

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by tkitna
I still think Amber Heard is nice to look at. *shrug* thumb up Fortunately, what an actor is like doesn't bother me at all for the most part.

NemeBro
Woah, dude.

Did you not enjoy the first Aquaman? Patient Leech is kind of a wannabe film critic who has a general idea for what kinds of films he's supposed to like and dislike but his lack of actual taste or critical thinking skills hamstrings him and it shows with some of the things he likes and dislikes. For example, he shits on a fun cheesy romp like Aquaman while sucking the cock and balls of a piece of utter shit like Immortals. thumb up

playa1258
Looks much better than the trash that is The Marvel's.

Robtard
I enjoyed some of the visuals and Dafoe, but otherwise I had trouble taking it seriously. And try though they did, Heard and Mamoa were so lacking in chemistry it was embarrassing.

Makes you wonder if they even did a screen test with those two. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nobody did.

See, not only is it one of DCs better films, it was outright enjoyable/fun. I also enjoyed Heard in it, even though she's a terrible person IRL.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
Patient Leech is kind of a wannabe film critic who has a general idea for what kinds of films he's supposed to like and dislike but his lack of actual taste or critical thinking skills hamstrings him and it shows with some of the things he likes and dislikes. For example, he shits on a fun cheesy romp like Aquaman while sucking the cock and balls of a piece of utter shit like Immortals. thumb up

I love PL, but say it ain't so. Immortals was hot and stinky dirty ass start to finish. Some of the dirtiest ass on film. I don't even think anyone involved in making that film enjoyed it.

StiltmanFTW

StiltmanFTW
Burn it to ash? It's under water.

I can't take this crap seriously.. Lol smh

https://i.ibb.co/dcDrrdt/01-2.gif

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by NemeBro
Patient Leech is kind of a wannabe film critic who has a general idea for what kinds of films he's supposed to like and dislike but his lack of actual taste or critical thinking skills hamstrings him and it shows with some of the things he likes and dislikes. For example, he shits on a fun cheesy romp like Aquaman while sucking the cock and balls of a piece of utter shit like Immortals. thumb up

Nemo-bro is an obnoxious turd troll, basically the message board equivalent of Amber Turd, as shown by bringing up a movie from over a decade ago.. lol

Please bless us with some of your pseudointellectual brilliance and give us a dissertation on why Aquaman is such a brilliant "fun cheesy romp" and Immortals isn't. They're both spectacle cartoons, dipshit. You probably just have a comic book bias.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/dcDrrdt/01-2.gif

Lol, poor Aquaman. So lame. They did their best trying to counteract the lameness by casting Jason Momoa, though. So that was probably wise.

Kazenji
Its Stilt's schtick on this forum to make fun of Aquaman

must have had a bad experience when he was younger.

Old Man Whirly!
See, not only is it one of DCs better films, it was outright enjoyable/fun. I also enjoyed Heard in it, even though she's a terrible person IRL. This, but I disagree on immortals, it had some clever ideas, it is an interesting film.

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
I'm just ready for momoa to become lobo

StiltmanFTW
I'm just ready for DC to stop making movies.

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Problem is that Momoa himself is not very interested in that role.

But hey, pay him good enough and he will surely change his mind.

riv6672

Kazenji
He was good as Conan in that one movie, Problem with it was the rest of the film itself.

riv6672
^^^I liked the movie itself. Good action S&S flick.

rudester
This looks good. The first one wasn't good at all

Robtard
What. A. Nerd.

riv6672
What. A. Nerd.

https://media.tenor.com/OURpuIRdsKoAAAAC/joey-gladstone-full-house.gif

rudester
What. A. Nerd.

Are you calling me a nerd? confused

rudester
You wanna start something bro?

StiltmanFTW
You need to urinate on Rob's Star Trek VHS collection.

That'll teach him thumb up

rudester
Yeah. Then in his mouth. wink

StiltmanFTW
Naturally thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.