IM and Pepper against Thanos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
Iron man (Infinty War suit) along with Pepper Potts (endgame suit) against Thanos (no weapons or gems).

Who wins?

tkitna
Thanos

h1a8
IM held his own well against a gem wielding Thanos, even made him bleed. Take away the gems and IM would have done better. Add Pepper and this is a good fight.

tkitna
Originally posted by h1a8
IM held his own well against a gem wielding Thanos, even made him bleed. Take away the gems and IM would have done better. Add Pepper and this is a good fight.

Thanos beat the living crap out of Hulk and Thor without the gems. IM and Pepper would die.

Robtard
Film Thanos beat the Hulk rather easily with nothing but brute strength and H2H prowess.

Thor's defeat was off screen.

I'd give this fight to Thanos, just a matter of time until they get close enough and then Thanos rips them in half.

FrothByte
I think IM w/ his nanosuit could solo Thanos to be honest. He gave a 4-stone Thanos one hell of a fight. Remove those stones and give Thanos no weapons and I don't see what he can do to IM if IM just continuously bombards him from a distance.

Of course if IM gets dumbed down by the writers and makes him fight Thanos in h2h then he'll obviously lose.

Robtard
What weapons does the nano-suit 2.0 have that could take down Thanos?

h1a8
All it takes is for one of them to stab him in a vital area.
The laser could do some damage.

But good points made

DeadpoolXXX
the lasers are the only equipment in tonys arsenal that MIGHT be able to damage thanos, but personally i'd put thanos's durability above the things we've seen the lasers cut on screen. i also dont think tony is capable of spamming them.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
What weapons does the nano-suit 2.0 have that could take down Thanos?

Lasers and arc blasts probably. And as long as IM stays out of range, he can hit Thanos with as many hand blasts as he can and see if it softens Thanos up. I doubt a few will hurt Thanos, but I wouldn't be willing to be that Thanos can just lay there all day and take everything that IM throws at him without injury.

tkitna
I realize Thanos had his sword and armor here, but just look at the sheer ease he disposed of Iron Man and Thor here. He threw Iron Man once and basically KO'd him. Thor was a ragdoll.

3ZcpDIi92JA

tkitna
Actually, rewatching that, it was Thors hammer that hit Iron Man basically saving his life before Thanos ripped him in half. Take it for what it is. Either way, he was deep trouble.

h1a8
In this fight Thanos doesn't have any weapons or armor.

I just rewatched both scenes (IW and EG).
It seems Thanos had to block Tony's beam with the gauntlet to prevent damage.
It seems that Tony was able to pierce Thanos skin with a kick and that Thanos HAD to catch the blade in order to prevent himself from being stabbed.

So the beam can damage Thanos (forget the laser) and the blade can stab through him.

With that said it would be hard Thanos to focus on one when he's fighting both. I see Thanos either being beamed down from a distance (like Ultron was) or being stabbed by one of them in a vital area (neck maybe).

tkitna
The beam he blocked with the sword was a beam amped by Thor. Iron Man doesnt have that luxury here. Also, Thanos isnt going to stand there and just let them unload on him. He'll take cover and devise something to bring them in close. The most likely scenario is that he grabs Pepper somehow and uses her against Toney emotionally.

He'll receive damage but should win without to much trouble.

h1a8
Originally posted by tkitna
The beam he blocked with the sword was a beam amped by Thor. Iron Man doesnt have that luxury here. Also, Thanos isnt going to stand there and just let them unload on him. He'll take cover and devise something to bring them in close. The most likely scenario is that he grabs Pepper somehow and uses her against Toney emotionally.

He'll receive damage but should win without to much trouble.
I was referring to the beam he blocked with the gauntlet in the Infinity War

How is he grabbing anyone if they are blasting him from a distance?

And if he grabs one of them (not likely) then the other will stab him through or just fly away with him.

tkitna
Once again, Thanos isnt going to just stand there and allow them to blast him from a distance. He's not that dumb. He'll take cover to force the fight in closer corners.

Fly away with him? laughing

So if he grabs Pepper and threatens to rip her head off, Toney's just going to stab him through? Lol.

With the armor and sword, its spite. Without, he'll have to work for it, but he should win every time.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Lasers and arc blasts probably. And as long as IM stays out of range, he can hit Thanos with as many hand blasts as he can and see if it softens Thanos up. I doubt a few will hurt Thanos, but I wouldn't be willing to be that Thanos can just lay there all day and take everything that IM throws at him without injury.

Dunno man, Iron Man did throw everything at Thanos and from a pure durability standpoint, all that happened was a minor cut on Thanos' face.

I know IM has the newer suit for this, just not sure it's amped to the point it will make much of a difference considering Thanos' durability.

FrothByte
Dunno man, Iron Man did throw everything at Thanos and from a pure durability standpoint, all that happened was a minor cut on Thanos' face.

I know IM has the newer suit for this, just not sure it's amped to the point it will make much of a difference considering Thanos' durability.

Yes but Thanos used his gauntlet to block or evade majority of those attacks. He wouldn't have bothered doing so unless they could harm him.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have the gauntlet this time around, so the question we should be asking is what would have happened if every one of those attacks landed?

After all, both Thor's and Cap's lightning hurt Thanos. And while IM's firepower isn't at Thor's level, and wouldn't be too sure that Thanos could just tank it forever either.

Robtard
Fair enough on the blocking via gauntlet.

I might be overrating Thanos' durability, while super high, maybe not as high as I'm thinking.

Would you say he's more durable than Thor?

FrothByte
Fair enough on the blocking via gauntlet.

I might be overrating Thanos' durability, while super high, maybe not as high as I'm thinking.

Would you say he's more durable than Thor?

It's tricky to answer. I think it's fairly clear that from a pure physical standpoint, Thanos should be stronger and tougher than Thor. But at the same time, Thanos doesn't quite have the same durability feats as Thor.

I'd put him above Thor in durability but not by much, and that's just me guessing based on implied power levels. I do know that Thanos can still get hurt. He was hurt by Thor's and Cap's lightning, he was feeling Carol's punches, IM got him to bleed, and he was also hurt by Wanda slowly crushing him, and Wanda hadn't yet unlocked her Scarlet Witch power up at that point.

So while I don't think IM has anything that can oneshot Thanos even with a direct hit, I also don't think Thanos can withstand a continuous assault from IM's firepower.

h1a8

A plain kick cause Thanos to bleed. The beam, laser, uni beam, and sword would be worse damage.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
It's tricky to answer. I think it's fairly clear that from a pure physical standpoint, Thanos should be stronger and tougher than Thor. But at the same time, Thanos doesn't quite have the same durability feats as Thor.

I'd put him above Thor in durability but not by much, and that's just me guessing based on implied power levels. I do know that Thanos can still get hurt. He was hurt by Thor's and Cap's lightning, he was feeling Carol's punches, IM got him to bleed, and he was also hurt by Wanda slowly crushing him, and Wanda hadn't yet unlocked her Scarlet Witch power up at that point.

So while I don't think IM has anything that can oneshot Thanos even with a direct hit, I also don't think Thanos can withstand a continuous assault from IM's firepower.

Fair enough assessment again and I didn't mean to imply that Thanos could jus stand still, get blasted endlessly and not notice.

But if he's above Thor, even just a bit,, and I think it's a fair assessment considering implied power levels and what we've seen, then IM is literally going to have to continuously unload and get direct hit after direct hit to even begin to wear Thanos down.

Also depends where this fight takes place, Thanos could use thrown objects offensively and the environment to force the duo into closer range.

Robtard
A plain kick cause Thanos to bleed. The beam, laser, uni beam, and sword would be worse damage.

"Cause Thanos to bleed", it was little more than a papercut-like cut and look what Tony had to do to achieve that. No one has argued that Thanos is invulnerable.

While Thanos took punches directly to the face from a butt-mad Hulk and there was zero damage shown. Carol Danvers too. The cut almost seemed a fluke, considering the other showings.

9jaboy
Thanos stomps. Captain Marvel's punches did absolutely nothing to Thanos, Hulks punches did nothing. Tony's blasts will just be minor annoyance.

FrothByte
Fair enough assessment again and I didn't mean to imply that Thanos could jus stand still, get blasted endlessly and not notice.

But if he's above Thor, even just a bit,, and I think it's a fair assessment considering implied power levels and what we've seen, then IM is literally going to have to continuously unload and get direct hit after direct hit to even begin to wear Thanos down.

Also depends where this fight takes place, Thanos could use thrown objects offensively and the environment to force the duo into closer range.

Yes, me saying IM can solo is based on the assumption that Stark will use that supposed genius IQ of his to fly outside of Thanos' range and bombard him with everything he's got without ever trying to get close.

If Thanos is able to get close to him then he'll get torn apart.

h1a8
Originally posted by 9jaboy
Thanos stomps. Captain Marvel's punches did absolutely nothing to Thanos, Hulks punches did nothing. Tony's blasts will just be minor annoyance. Tony cut Thanos face with a mere kick. Plus writer's intent that blasts will damage Thanos.

9jaboy
Tony cut Thanos face with a mere kick. Plus writer's intent that blasts will damage Thanos.
Thanos took a lot of punishment on Titan not just a mere kick.
Which writer's intent?
Thanos took the combined blasts from Carol,pepper (I've forgotten who else) in endgame with no damage.
A dying Thanos took carol's blasts easily without even a scratch.
If this was Thor's lightening, then with a very prolonged continuous blast, I can possibly see it doing some damage. After all it was starting to fry Gorr when Thor sustained the blast.
Tony does not have that kind of damage output. And we know Tony, he will definitely get in close for that "mere kick" and end up shredded.

h1a8
Thanos took a lot of punishment on Titan not just a mere kick.
Which writer's intent?
Thanos took the combined blasts from Carol,pepper (I've forgotten who else) in endgame with no damage.
A dying Thanos took carol's blasts easily without even a scratch.
If this was Thor's lightening, then with a very prolonged continuous blast, I can possibly see it doing some damage. After all it was starting to fry Gorr when Thor sustained the blast.
Tony does not have that kind of damage output. And we know Tony, he will definitely get in close for that "mere kick" and end up shredded.

Thanos had armor on (he doesn't here) and he sighed in pain while being blasted. Thanos definitely felt pain on those blasts. A long prolong blast could do a lot of damage.

My point is that if a mere kick can cause an abrasion then certainly those swords can slice through him. Neck or throat and it's over.
Also the unibeam and lasers are more powerful.

Remember it's two of them here. Thanos can't attack both at the same time. The moment he attacks one the other will stab him.

Robtard
No one's arguing that Thanos is invulnerable, but you people are putting way too much stock in that papercut he got, considering he's taken direct hits from Hulk, Thor and Carol D and suffered less.

9jaboy
Thanos had armor on (he doesn't here) and he sighed in pain while being blasted. Thanos definitely felt pain on those blasts. A long prolong blast could do a lot of damage.

My point is that if a mere kick can cause an abrasion then certainly those swords can slice through him. Neck or throat and it's over.
Also the unibeam and lasers are more powerful.

Remember it's two of them here. Thanos can't attack both at the same time. The moment he attacks one the other will stab him.
You're inaccurate , dying Thanos didn't have Armor, He didn't have Armor on Titan as well.

Your point is wrong then. Thanos took a lot of punishment on Titan not just a kick, even punches, blasts, spaceship jammed into him etc.

Thanos is faster than both, he will tear them apart easy. Their blasts don't have more damage output than Carol's blasts which Thanos took easily without a scratch.
He has also proven he's skilled enough to taken on multiple opponents (at or greater than Ironmans level) at once.

HulkIsHulk
"Cause Thanos to bleed", it was little more than a papercut-like cut and look what Tony had to do to achieve that. No one has argued that Thanos is invulnerable.

While Thanos took punches directly to the face from a butt-mad Hulk and there was zero damage shown. Carol Danvers too. The cut almost seemed a fluke, considering the other showings.

Carol gave him a couple bruises if you look carefully!

h1a8
You're inaccurate , dying Thanos didn't have Armor, He didn't have Armor on Titan as well.

Your point is wrong then. Thanos took a lot of punishment on Titan not just a kick, even punches, blasts, spaceship jammed into him etc.

Thanos is faster than both, he will tear them apart easy. Their blasts don't have more damage output than Carol's blasts which Thanos took easily without a scratch.
He has also proven he's skilled enough to taken on multiple opponents (at or greater than Ironmans level) at once.

On Titan Thanos blocked every beam.
Sure he got hit a few times (concussive force) and faired well.
But I'm not arguing concussive force here (which will do little).
I'm arguing both cutting force and energy beam damage.

On Titan he got a electric energy type bomb stuck to him.
It hurt him, had him down for like 4 seconds.
He grabbed Strange's sword from the blunt side (one hell of a skilled feat). This implies that the sword cut do some significant damage.
He blocked IM beams. He didn't get hit with any beams.

In endgame, he blocked Carol's beam with the gauntlet (writer's intent there). He blocked IM beam with the sword. He blocked I'M beams with the spinning blade (writer's intent there).
He got hurt by Wasp, Pepper's, and Shuri's beam. Plus he had armor on.

You literally have no argument against the beams not damaging Thanos over time. And the swords will cut through him.

h1a8

He grabbed Strange's sword from the blunt side (one hell of a skilled feat). This implies that the sword cut do some significant damage.

In endgame, he blocked Carol's beam with the gauntlet (writer's intent there). He blocked IM beam with the sword. He blocked I'M beams with the spinning blade (writer's intent there).

You literally have no argument against the beams not damaging Thanos over time. And the swords will cut through him.

Thanos is not faster than either. They are significantly faster than Thanos.
He's not tearing them apart. He lacks the strength. He can damage their armor though. The face armor seems to be the weakest part.

Tony blocked his haymakers easily with his forearm armor (with little damage)

tkitna

He's not tearing them apart. He lacks the strength.

A character that ragdolled the Hulk and was shown to be seconds away from tearing Iron Man apart cant tear Iron Man apart. Got it.

9jaboy

I don't like the way you move goal posts. You said a mere kick gave him a bleed,. To which I answered that he took a lot of punishment on Titan.
Then you said he had armor on,. And I proved he didn't on Titan.
And then you just went ahead to list the punishments he took on Titan. What are you arguing man?

Wasps, pepper, and shuri's beam just pushed him . He definitely wasn't hurt.

Prove the beams will damage Thanos then?
Thor's lightening made Thanos grunt but I didn't see any damage. Thor's lightening is far more powerful than Ironman's beams for sure.

9jaboy

Robtard
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Carol gave him a couple bruises if you look carefully!

Honestly don't recall the bruises, but going with that as being true, considering Carol's super-duper-uber power levels, it's still points to a vastly high level of durability and the tiny cut on the cheek from IM being more of an outlier.

If it takes someone like Carol to bruise Thanos as a baseline, then IM and Pepper will have an even harder time seriously harming him with their arsenal.

h1a8
I don't like the way you move goal posts. You said a mere kick gave him a bleed,. To which I answered that he took a lot of punishment on Titan.
Then you said he had armor on,. And I proved he didn't on Titan.
And then you just went ahead to list the punishments he took on Titan. What are you arguing man?

Wasps, pepper, and shuri's beam just pushed him . He definitely wasn't hurt.

Prove the beams will damage Thanos then?
Thor's lightening made Thanos grunt but I didn't see any damage. Thor's lightening is far more powerful than Ironman's beams for sure. I didn't move the goalposts. My argument is about cutting and energy blasts, not concussive force.

In endgame, Thanos blocked every single blast except for two moments.One moment he was hurt (as in his sighing out) and in another moment the blast struck his chest armor (I can post a picture of you like).

And the fact that Thanos had to block Tony's beam proves that, in the writer's mind, it would damage him.
If the writer didn't believe that then he wouldn't have had Thanos block it but rather tank it.

Also Thor's lightning varied in power tremendously from scene to scene and movie to movie. You can't equate them all. I would say Tony's beam is stronger than Thor's weaker lightning (lightning that comes out of the hammer) but weaker than his best lightning (from the sky as a huge ass bolt lasting several seconds).

Now the first blast isn't going to put Thanos down. It might take awhile (possibly 10 minutes or so). But Thanos will eventually fall.
They can speed up the process by using the laser, uni beam, and sword.

Thanos grunted in pain on the 3 women combined beams. Plus he was wearing armor.

Basically your argument is that Thanos would be immune to all blasts (prolonged blasts, lasers, and uni beams) solely based off Thanos grunting on one of Thor's weaker blasts.

h1a8
Honestly don't recall the bruises, but going with that as being true, considering Carol's super-duper-uber power levels, it's still points to a vastly high level of durability and the tiny cut on the cheek from IM being more of an outlier.

If it takes someone like Carol to bruise Thanos as a baseline, then IM and Pepper will have an even harder time seriously harming him with their arsenal. Why would it be an outlier? Why can't Tony be that powerful? After all, it was a new suit (so you can't compare to his other suits).

Robtard
Why would it be an outlier? Why can't Tony be that powerful? After all, it was a new suit (so you can't compare to his other suits).

Because of everything else Thanos has taken without physical injury or serious physical injury. eg If it takes Carol D's powerlevel to give Thanos a bruise and Thor with Stormbringer to seriosuly harm/kill Thanos, then Tony's going to have trouble matching that, let alone surpassing. Because Carol D and Thor >>>>>> Ironman

I also don't think Tony's upgrades would make his armor go from causing paper-cut to killing Thanos in one or two generations. His upgrades would just delay the inevitable, Thanos landing a solid hit or grabbing them.

h1a8
Because of everything else Thanos has taken without physical injury or serious physical injury. eg If it takes Carol D's powerlevel to give Thanos a bruise and Thor with Stormbringer to seriosuly harm/kill Thanos, then Tony's going to have trouble matching that, let alone surpassing. Because Carol D and Thor >>>>>> Ironman

I also don't think Tony's upgrades would make his armor go from causing paper-cut to killing Thanos in one or two generations. His upgrades would just delay the inevitable, Thanos landing a solid hit or grabbing them. Lol you didnt answer the question. Why can't Tony be actually that powerful? As powerful as every blunt type of attack that Thanos took without damage? You are faultily equating past suits with that one. What evidence do you have that Tony's big foot kick powered by rockets shouldn't be able to bruise Thanos?

Its only an outlier if Tony really isn't that powerful.

Also
The fact that Thanos HAD TO BLOCK Tony's beam is saying something. He's not withstanding a prolonged beam attack by both.

Assuming they b3come stupid and go fist cuffs then

Thanos landed plenty of hits on Tony. Tony was able to still hang on and heal up. Grabbing Tony will do nothing. He can't rip Tony apart. Grabbing one of them will open him up for attack by the other (a stab to the neck or a uni beam attack).

tkitna
Lol you didnt answer the question. Why can't Tony be actually that powerful? As powerful as every blunt type of attack that Thanos took without damage? You are faultily equating past suits with that one. What evidence do you have that Tony's big foot kick powered by rockets shouldn't be able to bruise Thanos?

Also
The fact that Thanos HAD TO BLOCK Tony's beam is saying something. He's not withstanding a prolonged beam attack by both.

Thanos landed plenty of hits on Tony. Tony was able to still hang on and heal up. Grabbing Tony will do nothing. He can't rip Tony apart. Grabbing one of them will open him up for attack by the other (a stab to the neck or a uni beam attack).

Why do you keep saying Thanos had to block those beams? Just because he did? This is where your arguments crumble. You are unable to see past the black and white of anything. In your world, if a person runs from a bee, that must mean the bee would win when in truth, the bee is nothing more than an annoyance.

h1a8
Why do you keep saying Thanos had to block those beams? Just because he did? This is where your arguments crumble. You are unable to see past the black and white of anything. In your world, if a person runs from a bee, that must mean the bee would win when in truth, the bee is nothing more than an annoyance.
A single bee hurts but will not win. Multiple bees will win.

Writer's intent. If writer believed Thanos can tank the beam with no problems then he would have had him tank the blasts.

tkitna

Writer's intent. If writer believed Thanos can tank the beam with no problems then he would have had him tank the blasts.

Not two of them.

Wonder Woman blocks bullets. Does that mean she has too? Its not writers intent. Its theatrics.

h1a8
Not two of them.

Wonder Woman blocks bullets. Does that mean she has too? Its not writers intent. Its theatrics. Yes she has to block them.
A continuous beam is like getting hit with many bees.

tkitna
Yes she has to block them.

Really?

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-b711f80f0ef3a4d81e2b20069fcacceb-pjlq

h1a8
Really?

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-b711f80f0ef3a4d81e2b20069fcacceb-pjlq I can show you more scans of her being penetrated by bullets.

Showings that bullets bypass her durability >>>>>> that one instance.

What issue is that from anyway?

tkitna
I can show you more scans of her being penetrated by bullets.

Showings that bullets bypass her durability >>>>>> that one instance.

What issue is that from anyway?

Not sure the exact issue. Its in Injustice somewhere. There are other instances too, but i'm aware of the instances she has been shot also. In those times, she basically heals instantly. The point is, bullets are nothing more than an annoyance to her. Just like IM and Pepper would be to Thanos.

h1a8
Not sure the exact issue. Its in Injustice somewhere. There are other instances too, but i'm aware of the instances she has been shot also. In those times, she basically heals instantly. The point is, bullets are nothing more than an annoyance to her. Just like IM and Pepper would be to Thanos.

So you are basically saying that

1. two prolong blasts that lasts for a long time will do nothing to Thanos.
2. Thanos being stabbed in a vital area (like the neck) will not work.
3. beams that are multiple times more powerful than standard blasts, like the unibeam and laser, would do nothing to Thanos.

Are these 3 things correct?

h1a8
Not sure the exact issue. Its in Injustice somewhere. There are other instances too, but i'm aware of the instances she has been shot also. In those times, she basically heals instantly. The point is, bullets are nothing more than an annoyance to her. Just like IM and Pepper would be to Thanos. I don't think Injustice is canon to the mainstream DC universe.

Robtard
Lol you didnt answer the question. Why can't Tony be actually that powerful? As powerful as every blunt type of attack that Thanos took without damage? You are faultily equating past suits with that one. What evidence do you have that Tony's big foot kick powered by rockets shouldn't be able to bruise Thanos?

Also

I need to disprove that Tony isn't on either Carol's or Thor's level, or he just is, despite what we've seen from all three? laughing out loud

Tony is very powerful, he's just not Carol or Thor.

What are you going on about? Thanos is absolutely strong enough to tear the IM armor apart, he's stronger than the Hulk. He literally tore Tony's armor to pieces with his bare hand in Infinity War laughing out loud

https://i.imgur.com/BxrKXuy.png

StiltmanFTW
Really?

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-b711f80f0ef3a4d81e2b20069fcacceb-pjlq

Bro, that's Injustice. A video game tie-in.

In the mainstream books, Diana has always been super-vulnerable to bullets:

https://i.ibb.co/C0zCM5Y/diana01.jpg https://i.ibb.co/d5tDwwt/diana02.jpg

h1a8
I need to disprove that Tony isn't on either Carol's or Thor's level, or he just is, despite what we've seen from all three? laughing out loud

Tony is very powerful, he's just not Carol or Thor.

What are you going on about? Thanos is absolutely strong enough to tear the IM armor apart, he's stronger than the Hulk. He literally tore Tony's armor to pieces with his bare hand in Infinity War laughing out loud

https://i.imgur.com/BxrKXuy.png

I don't see why Carol's punches should be more powerful than anyone else's (Hulk's, Thor's, etc). What are her punching feats (besides flying through spaceships)? You are assuming punching power without proof.

That was Tony's facearmor. I already addressed that. You didn't read that part huh? Thanos was not able to do much to Tony's forearm armor or body armor. The facearmor is the weakest part of his armor. Tony can just guard his face with his arms or create a shield.

Robtard
laughing out loud You should watch the movies and pay attention as to why Carol and Thor are more powerful than Tony.

"Face armor!" The nano tech builds whatever Tony needs, it doesn't just become weaker because its his head. If anything, his head would be one of the most protected parts. laughing out loud

h1a8
laughing out loud You should watch the movies and pay attention as to why Carol and Thor are more powerful than Tony.

"Face armor!" The nano tech builds whatever Tony needs, it doesn't just become weaker because its his head. If anything, his head would be one of the most protected parts. laughing out loud This is fiction and we go by showings.
The face armored was shown weaker. Thanos hit other parts of the armor with full force and it did little.

Also we go by feats, not tiers. Unless you can show that Carol's punching power is significantly more than that Tony's amplified kick (large foot power by extra rockets) then it isn't an outlier.

tkitna
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Bro, that's Injustice. A video game tie-in.

In the mainstream books, Diana has always been super-vulnerable to bullets:

https://i.ibb.co/C0zCM5Y/diana01.jpg https://i.ibb.co/d5tDwwt/diana02.jpg

Yeah, I know she has gotten shot before, but it usually doesnt do much.

Here she gets shot and basically recovers in seconds.
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-ddf327a6e830bce6c05c3dd96b1f95d1-pjlq
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-3fd7302df50a456ba6b4cc5e64d81089-pjlq

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-5408454e836770919aa98ff2a07ead33-pjlq
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-17b9b4566f739f83bb4654d19a96261d-lq

That divine blood and all.

tkitna
Here she gets shot in the hand and it does nothing.

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-1be9b5bccd2e5c2a85cb65f04f7a6abb-lq
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-029c2ff17ee39b66dac4ef84f7d76dd4-lq

Point taken though. I suppose it depends on the caliber and where she gets shot. She was shot in the ear by Mayfly and while it didnt kill her, it messed her up pretty bad.

Here's another example of being shot and it not doing anything, but she had armor on so its probably a no deal.

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-ef2b4e33fe18c38f354ab0370910e3c4-lq

9jaboy

No it could have been to show he was faster, prolly other factors too.
Ronan could tank Drax punches but he defended against some of them.
Steppenwolf defended against Amazonian's arrows, but he could have taken them with no damage. want more examples?
What are the best feats of this blasts? what has it damaged that makes you assume it can damage Thanos?

9jaboy
I didn't move the goalposts. My argument is about cutting and energy blasts, not concussive force.

Also Thor's lightning varied in power tremendously from scene to scene and movie to movie. You can't equate them all. I would say Tony's beam is stronger than Thor's weaker lightning (lightning that comes out of the hammer) but weaker than his best lightning (from the sky as a huge ass bolt lasting several seconds).

Based on What? What's Tony's best blasts feat for you to make such assumptions?

h1a8
No it could have been to show he was faster, prolly other factors too.
Ronan could tank Drax punches but he defended against some of them.
Steppenwolf defended against Amazonian's arrows, but he could have taken them with no damage. want more examples?
What are the best feats of this blasts? what has it damaged that makes you assume it can damage Thanos?

But he wasn't faster. Tony hit him a billion times.
There is no other reason shown.

If Ronan defended against some of Drax attacks then those attacks could damage Ronan. I recall Drax attacking him with knives. Do you have scenes where said knives failed to cut Ronan's face or flesh?

same for Steppenwolf, etc. Facts.

In many movies, villains often start off tanking blows as if it's not affecting them. But as more hits pour on the villain starts to be visibly affected.

I can give many examples.
Here's a few.
Rocky vs Drago (both were tanking each other's initial blows)
Jet Li vs big dude scenes

So the fact that the writer has a character block just means that the attack will do some damage or actually hurt. Warriors usually don't show pain if they can help it.

h1a8
Based on What? What's Tony's best blasts feat for you to make such assumptions?

Tony sliced Bucky's vibranium arm off with a blast.

Read my post before this one.Its easy to miss.

Robtard
@h1a8 The robotic arm in Civil War wasn't made of vibranium. You should really pay attention when you watch these films.

9jaboy
Tony sliced Bucky's vibranium arm off with a blast.

Read my post before this one.Its easy to miss.
That was the titanium arm. So wait that's his best feat?

9jaboy
But he wasn't faster. Tony hit him a billion times.
There is no other reason shown.

If Ronan defended against some of Drax attacks then those attacks could damage Ronan. I recall Drax attacking him with knives. Do you have scenes where said knives failed to cut Ronan's face or flesh?

maybe you need to rewatch, Drax tried punching , Ronan blocked some. the ones that connected were no sold.

same for Steppenwolf, etc. Facts.

Wrong. Some arrows connected, all steppenwolf did was flex💪. and the arrows flew off his body. What's the writers intention?

BA used his hands to block some bullets , what were the writers intentions?
Thor ducked at Aircraft bullets, what were the writers intentions?

h1a8
maybe you need to rewatch, Drax tried punching , Ronan blocked some. the ones that connected were no sold.

Wrong. Some arrows connected, all steppenwolf did was flex💪. and the arrows flew off his body. What's the writers intention?

BA used his hands to block some bullets , what were the writers intentions?
Thor ducked at Aircraft bullets, what were the writers intentions? Your ignored my point completely (the point about character's tanking attacks in the beginning but same attacks start to significantly affect the character after awhile).

The area of attack also matters. Being attack in a more vulnerable spot needs defense vs more durable area.

Blocking or avoiding attacks automatically means the character is susceptible to them, unless the writer makes it extremely clear that the character is avoiding them was for a different reason. Call this exhibit A.

Steppenwolf back armor blocked an arrow. But it seemed to still affected him slightly. Steppenwolf head and neck is exposed. Steppenwolf blocked an arrows that came very close to his neck.

The writer's intent was that aircraft bullets will go through Thor. So that's why he ran from them.

BA caught the bullet to inspect it (exhibit A)

I stand corrected on Bucky's arm. It became vibranium in IF.

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.