Baleman vs. Ivan Drago

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Pure Clothes
h2H only

Who wins

h1a8
Interesting.
Drago punches with over 5 tons of force and is almost completely resistant against normal human (Apollo) punches.
But he's not particularly skilled or fast.

Idk yet

DeadpoolXXX
bale's mma ftw.

riv6672
Bane AND Batman die.

Bashar Teg
imo drago would get stomped. rocky on the other hand could take bruce on, maybe even win; but he's a street fighter.

I've seen no feats by drago to support the notion that he can do anything more than box, run uphill, take steroids, psychologically abuse his son, and lift old men in the air.

if you put them in boxing gloves and they hsve a regulation fight, drago could possibly still lose. also the film tells a fib about average heavyweight punching force being 700-800 psi. they're actually all throw more freakishly strong punches.

Whilst the figures differ between fighter weight classes inside the squared circle, the average heavyweight boxer can throw a punch between 1,200-1,700 psi. Considering that the average person's hitting force is at 120-170 psi, professional boxers can punch roughly ten times harder than the average human.
-source: google

Originally posted by h1a8

Drago punches with over 5 tons of force

nah, he started at 1850psi, and was inching past 2100psi at the peak of his training...with the assistance of sterroids.

BruceSkywalker
drago one punches ftw

Bashar Teg
...after he goes super saiyan, right? laughing out loud

riv6672
https://i.ibb.co/0YfGt6s/F1-F21221-56-A7-4-E94-BA0-B-7-C8828108-BAB.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
imo drago would get stomped. rocky on the other hand could take bruce on, maybe even win; but he's a street fighter.

I've seen no feats by drago to support the notion that he can do anything more than box, run uphill, take steroids, psychologically abuse his son, and lift old men in the air.

if you put them in boxing gloves and they hsve a regulation fight, drago could possibly still lose. also the film tells a fib about average heavyweight punching force being 700-800 psi. they're actually all throw more freakishly strong punches.

Whilst the figures differ between fighter weight classes inside the squared circle, the average heavyweight boxer can throw a punch between 1,200-1,700 psi. Considering that the average person's hitting force is at 120-170 psi, professional boxers can punch roughly ten times harder than the average human.

nah, he started at 1850psi, and was inching past 2100psi at the peak of his training...with the assistance of sterroids.

Lol
Drago punches with over 5 tons of force and his durability is so great that he is immune to normal heavyweight punches to the face.

The average heavyweight punches with 800 pounds of force (200psi).
A car weighs 1-2 tons.
Drago hits with forces above several cars
Could Baleman tank the force of several cars stacked on top of each other resting on his face?

Now you can argue that Drago will never land a punch. If so then it would take Baleman many hits just to affect Drago.

Bashar Teg
hope you're not being serious, because a ton = 2000 lbs, the film clearly shows drago's maximum power at slightly over 2100 lbs. you're suggesting that drago actually punched with a force roughly 5x that, which is ridiculous

riv6672

Bashar Teg
haha okay sure. one ton does not equal 2000 pounds. have fun trolling, kids thumb up

h1a8
hope you're not being serious, because a ton = 2000 lbs, the film clearly shows drago's maximum power at slightly over 2100 lbs. you're suggesting that drago actually punched with a force roughly 5x that, which is ridiculous

The movie gave 2150 psi (not lb of force).
The actual force in lb. is 4-6x more in number.

NemeBro
hope you're not being serious, because a ton = 2000 lbs, the film clearly shows drago's maximum power at slightly over 2100 lbs. you're suggesting that drago actually punched with a force roughly 5x that, which is ridiculous h1 is right on this one. Drago's best punch is 2,150 psi, not pounds. Which is to say, the amount of pressure the surface area of his fist is putting out is 2,150 pounds for every square inch. Five thousand pounds with those numbers are frankly a lowball, we're talking anywhere form 8,000 to ****ing 15,000 pounds of force.

WITH THAT SAID, it is fairly obvious that this is a goof on the part of the writers. The average punch of a heavyweight boxer is listed as like 700 psi which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high. But, if we assume psi was a result of a ****up and they really meant pounds then the 700 figure is actually pretty close to right and Drago's punching power while still insane is no longer greater than the bite force of a ****ing T-Rex lol.

Robtard
People in the Rockyverse are superhuman. Or became superhuman, as Rocky 1-2 were fairly normal compared to what came later.

FrothByte
There are some real-life heavyweights who can punch up to 1400 pounds, and that wasn't even considering top-tier power punchers like George Foreman or Mike Tyson.

So Drago punching at 2100 pounds isn't too outrageous. But 2100 psi is a different story, that number is ridiculous as it translates to 8000 lbs and over depending on the size of the fist/glove.

StiltmanFTW
The fight choreography is so awful in Nolan's trilogy, Drago wins by default.

FrothByte
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The fight choreography is so awful in Nolan's trilogy, Drago wins by default.

This was going to be my initial response, but I realized that Rocky's choreography is extremely dated as well. There was a lot of times that Rocky and Drago were just standing there, no defense, waiting to get punched in the face.

So I don't know. I might go with Drago because when comparing two slow moving turtles, I might as well go with the one who can punch with 2100 pounds of force.

StiltmanFTW
Dated, sure.

Also made little sense when we remember Rocky's training with Apollo in the third movie; he learned how to move well in the ring.

But still perfectly watchable & enjoyable... unlike Nolan's fight scenes, which are often being compared to "a black sheet in a washing machine".

cdtm
Rocky changed up his strategy is why, if Apollo couldn't out dance him even past his prime Rocky wasn't about to, so he opted for a power upgrade, hence all the lifting beams and pulling on snow plows.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by NemeBro
h1 is right on this one. Drago's best punch is 2,150 psi, not pounds. Which is to say, the amount of pressure the surface area of his fist is putting out is 2,150 pounds for every square inch. Five thousand pounds with those numbers are frankly a lowball, we're talking anywhere form 8,000 to ****ing 15,000 pounds of force.

WITH THAT SAID, it is fairly obvious that this is a goof on the part of the writers. The average punch of a heavyweight boxer is listed as like 700 psi which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high. But, if we assume psi was a result of a ****up and they really meant pounds then the 700 figure is actually pretty close to right and Drago's punching power while still insane is no longer greater than the bite force of a ****ing T-Rex lol.

i chose my words poorly for the previous post. meant to say that 2000 p.s.i. is one ton per square inch. but my first post is clear on that, and speaking of:

this site refers to rocky 4 directly:

While this varies between weight classes of boxers, the average heavyweight boxer can deliver a punch between 1,200 and 1,700 psi. At the high end, this is on the same level of pressure as an industrial pressure washer.

https://shortboxing.com/average-boxers-punch-in-psi/

i did no bad math, in fact i did no math at all. 1850psi-2100 psi is crazy strong but most heavyweight boxers are crazy strong.

FrothByte
i chose my words poorly for the previous post. meant to say that 2000 p.s.i. is one ton per square inch. but my first post is clear on that, and speaking of:

this site refers to rocky 4 directly:

While this varies between weight classes of boxers, the average heavyweight boxer can deliver a punch between 1,200 and 1,700 psi. At the high end, this is on the same level of pressure as an industrial pressure washer.

https://shortboxing.com/average-boxers-punch-in-psi/

i did no bad math, in fact i did no math at all. 1850psi-2100 psi is crazy strong but most heavyweight boxers are crazy strong.

I don't know who wrote that article but punching power is measured by amount of force (in pounds) rather than the amount of pressure (psi).

Measuring punching power in psi isn't accurate because it will change depending on a boxer's fist size or glove size, as well as the angle they hit the target, etc. Force on the other hand is far more accurate as all it does is measure how hard you can accelerate a target with your punch upon point of impact.

Bottom line is, a heavyweight boxer with a 1700 lbs. punch is realistic. Not common, but realistic nonetheless. A boxer with a 1700 psi punch is pretty much cartoonish.

Bashar Teg

Bashar Teg
too late to edit: i swear to you I didn't dig this up after embarking on some butthurt bias confirmation search, cherry picking something i like. all i did was:

https://www.google.com/search?q=boxing+psi+average+per+weight+class&oq=boxing+psi+average+oer&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33i10i160l5.9324j0j4&client=ms-android-oneplus-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sbfbu=1& amp;pi=boxing%20psi%20average%20per%20weight%20cla
ss

h1a8
too late to edit: i swear to you I didn't dig this up after embarking on some butthurt bias confirmation search, cherry picking something i like. all i did was:

https://www.google.com/search?q=boxing+psi+average+per+weight+class&oq=boxing+psi+average+oer&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33i10i160l5.9324j0j4&client=ms-android-oneplus-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sbfbu=1& amp;pi=boxing%20psi%20average%20per%20weight%20cla
ss I've literally seen videos where they measured professional heavyweight boxers punch force using a machine. It was measured in force (not psi). The highest I seen was about 900lb of force (9 something or under 1000).
The writer of that article is mistaken.

Anything more than 2000lb of force (500 psi) is like being able to punch a small car off the ground. I dont see any real human being able to do that.

Bashar Teg
again, I'm the last person to be irritated by healthy skepticism, but I've seen no compelling evidence to the contrary as of yet. but sure, the article/site might be a bullshit factory, but that's what was there when i searched.

all i can find on youtube are similar videos to the one you mentioned, with irrelevant punchers. in this context, size really does matter a lot, as does training.

i think what's missing from this general discussion is respect for the freakishly lethal punching force of elite heavyweight boxers.

h1a8
again, I'm the last person to be irritated by healthy skepticism, but I've seen no compelling evidence to the contrary as of yet. but sure, the article/site might be a bullshit factory, but that's what was there when i searched.

all i can find on youtube are similar videos to the one you mentioned, with irrelevant punchers. in this context, size really does matter a lot, as does training.

i think what's missing from this general discussion is respect for the freakishly lethal punching force of elite heavyweight boxers. Just use your imagination. Do you think a human with boxing gloves can punch a car in the air? Serious question.
A punch needs to have the force of the weight of the car to do that.

I've never seen (other than movies) a heavyweight punch another heavyweight (1/8 the weight of a car) up in the air.

NotAllThatEvil2

h1a8

HulkIsHulk
Dragon kills weakman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.