Power Rangers Once and Always

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rudester
Power Rangers Once and Always.

rudester
-Machiko Soga who plays Rita Repulsa died at age 68
-Thuy Trang who plays Trini Kwan Yello Ranger dies at age 27
- Jason David Frank who played the green-white ranger dies at age 49

Overall, 20 Power Rangers have died:

As per IMDB, they are:

Jason David Frank
Robert L Manahan
Eric Frank
Thuy Trang
Jack Banning
Bob Papenbrook
Machiko Soga
Edward Albert
Richard Grant
Richard Genelle
Frank Salsedo
Peta Rutter
Richard Sabago
Maurice Mendoza
Alissa Ann Smego
Jon Simanton
Pua Magasiva
Alistair Browning
Cody Slaton
Robert Axelrod

BruceSkywalker
i saw the trailer and this looks predictable, yet good

rudester
Well they combined the rangers from later seasons

cdtm
I'll watch it.

The entire original Power Rangers is up on Youtube, maybe binge it up to prepare for this.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by rudester
Well they combined the rangers from later seasons

i know but i was talking about trini's daughter becoming the yellow ranger

tommy won't be in it so that's a shame.

cdtm
Yeah won't be the same without Tommy.

Hard to believe her daughter is that old, probably near the same age her mom was when she took the mantle.

Ridley_Prime
Seeing the actor list rudester posted reaffirms to me that the Power Rangers curse is indeed real.

I heard earlier that Jason David Frank turned down being in this before he passed away, so I guess Tommy wouldn't of been in this regardless, but will take what I can get with whoever the other green ranger here is. Amy Jo Johnson (Kimberly) did the same. Would've preferred Jason here too, but a mix between the old (Zack and Billy) and new (Rocky and Kat) of Mighty Morphin is reasonable, considering.

Saw earlier that the Zyuranger sentai that Mighty Morphin was based on is on Tubi. There was some sentai before Zyuranger in the 80's that they tried to Americanize, but wasn't really a success. In the 90's though it was a big success, which you can thank the dinosaur theme of Zyuranger/MMPR for.

I guess it figures they would give some in-universe reason for Trini being gone because of her long deceased actress, while still paying homage to her. Her legacy got me a bit emotional there with the trailers & promotional material.

BruceSkywalker
watched and as expcted i was right

still goo good i and cherlie kersh was one of the better things about it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.