Ahsoka (2023)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
HnzNZ0Mdx4I
J_1EXWNETiI

-Coming August, 2023

ares834
"Thrawn's return...as heir to the Empire"

no expression

Honestly, looks incredibly cheap. Looks more like a fan film than an actual production.

xPRIMEx

Eli Vanto
I didn't hate the trailer, but I didn't love it. I am really hoping they can do live action Thrawn justice.

Just hope they don't make it all about the woke fem-power or whatever, and just give us a good show.

Psychotron
Awful. Looks cheap as ****. Plus who gives a shit about these Z-list characters?

Sheev
Is that Andy Serkis with a lightsaber? Whos he supposed to be? :/

ares834
He's the new Joruus knockoff, Joruuus.

Sheev
Will be hilarious if Ahsoka stomps Darth Andy, and then his broken body is taken by Sidious's occultists, and eventually transformed into Snoke through their genetic experimentations.

xPRIMEx

Robtard
Looks good. Hopefully it's not shit like Boba Fett, or Mediocre like Obi Wan.

Any ideas who Darth Ray Stevenson is?

Total Warrior
Looks promising

Galan007
Originally posted by Robtard
Looks good. Hopefully it's not shit like Boba Fett, or Mediocre like Obi Wan.

Any ideas who Darth Ray Stevenson is? I'm assuming he's the Joruus C'baoth(from Legends) equivalent, like ares mentioned.

Would make sense, given the Thrawn/Heir to the Empire references.

Zenwolf
I just like(not) how they scrap the EU/say there's no EU, only to then just....basically tell EU stories. ....Like way to be insulting, that they just seem to treat the EU as some kinda garbage and then pick out what they want to entice fans with.

....Not that their Dark Empire adaptation(RoS) was better than it though. Or the whole Kenobi show and basically mushing together Kenobi/Last of the Jedi novels.

It's just annoying, they'll overhaul the EU to try and tell 'new' stories but then turn right around and will go and basically turn some EU story into their own.

Not saying this will be bad, it's just something I've noticed is all that's annoying to me.

ares834
I'm fine with them reusing EU stories. What I'm not a fan of them is using EU stories to try and entice EU fans but replacing the heroes with their shitty OCs. An adaptation of the Thrawn Trilogy could be cool. But replacing the OT heroes with Ahsoka and the garbage Rebel crew is not.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
I'm fine with them reusing EU stories. What I'm not a fan of them is using EU stories to try and entice EU fans but replacing the heroes with their shitty OCs. An adaptation of the Thrawn Trilogy could be cool. But replacing the OT heroes with Ahsoka and the garbage Rebel crew is not.

That's what I was getting at pretty much.

BruceSkywalker
looking forward to watching

Psychotron
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm assuming he's the Joruus C'baoth(from Legends) equivalent, like ares mentioned.

Would make sense, given the Thrawn/Heir to the Empire references.

He's a Jedi who survived Order 66 and was mind-raped by the Nightsisters into serving Thrawn in the unknown regions, according to the leaks which appear to be pretty accurate.

Darth Thor
No thread on Reys Jedi Order sequel?

I used to make jokes about that.

What a complete piss take though, given thats the sequel trilogy they should have given Luke.

Darth Thor

I like Rebels. And thought Thrawn was a fitting and cool advesary for them. So dont mind at all.

Although not sure how Rebels it will feel with Ahsoka around able to beat anyone.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
No thread on Reys Jedi Order sequel?

I used to make jokes about that.

What a complete piss take though, given thats the sequel trilogy they should have given Luke.

The point of the new trilogy was to erase Luke and replace him with a woman. Rey is the one who defeated Sidious. Rey is the one who will rebuild the Jedi Order.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Psychotron
The point of the new trilogy was to erase Luke and replace him with a woman. Rey is the one who defeated Sidious. Rey is the one who will rebuild the Jedi Order.

Which is why im only interested in Pre-ST era stuff.

playa1258
Luke is a straight white male. He's obviously a coward incompetent who needs to move out of the for a woman to do it right.

Galan007
So apparently Lars Mikkelsen will be playing Thrawn in this.

He's the guy who voiced Thrawn in Rebels(which, imo, was absolutely perfect), and he's also a solid actor... So that's a bit of good news. thumb up

Eli Vanto
That is definitely good news. Lars is perfect for that role.

I just wonder what role Thrawn is actually going to play?

Robtard
So apparently Lars Mikkelsen will be playing Thrawn in this.

He's the guy who voiced Thrawn in Rebels(which, imo, was absolutely perfect), and he's also a solid actor... So that's a bit of good news. thumb up

Mikkelsen is an excellent casting choice there. Well, anywhere, really. The guy is so well rounded as an actor.

Galan007
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
That is definitely good news. Lars is perfect for that role.

I just wonder what role Thrawn is actually going to play? I'm hoping Filoni actually uses some of the supplementary plot-points that were established in Zahn's canon Thrawn trilogy.

What I want is: after the culmination of Rebels, Thrawn/Ezra were transported into the Unknown Regions, where Thrawn told Ezra about the Grysk species and the threat they pose to the entire galaxy. Ezra then formed a loose alliance with Thrawn, and they've been trying to hold off the Grysk all this time. Thrawn has now come back to the post-RotJ galaxy(taking advantage of the political chaos during this era) in search of new allies and resources to help further combat the Grysk threat... So he's not strictly a "villain", per se, and is not trying to reform the Empire or w/e. Once Ahsoka(and co.) realize this, they'll also ally themselves with Thrawn, and aid he and Ezra in this cause. The Grysk are a BIG deal in Zahn's works.

...But what I'll likely get is: whatever the f*ck Filoni decides to do, regardless of previously established canon/supplementary material. I'm trying to stay optimistic, though. /shrug

Mikkelsen is an excellent casting choice there. Well, anywhere, really. The guy is so well rounded as an actor. Lars is gold in pretty much every project he's attached to. So him being part of this series at least gives me some semblance of hope that it won't be complete dogshit.

Darth Thor
^ It will take serious balls for them Not to make Thrawn the big bad in this.

Robtard
Wondering if he'll end up being the misunderstood anti-hero at first and then maybe the villain at the end.

ares834
I like Rebels. And thought Thrawn was a fitting and cool advesary for them. So dont mind at all.

Although not sure how Rebels it will feel with Ahsoka around able to beat anyone.

I thought Rebels was good. But Kanan was pretty much the only character worth a damn in the show. Replacing the OT heroes with them and Ahsoka is a huge downgrade. It's also continue the trend of Luke being less and less important...

I'm hoping Filoni actually uses some of the supplementary plot-points that were established in Zahn's canon Thrawn trilogy.

Don't kid yourself. No chance of this happening. Filoni doesn't give a rat's ass about continuity.

^ It will take serious balls for them Not to make Thrawn the big bad in this.

IMO Thrawn has always been best as a villain. Never been a fan of Zahn retroactively trying to whitewash him.

Darth Thor
Wondering if he'll end up being the misunderstood anti-hero at first and then maybe the villain at the end.

Would make more sense the other way around.

I thought Rebels was good. But Kanan was pretty much the only character worth a damn in the show. Replacing the OT heroes with them and Ahsoka is a huge downgrade.

Yeah wont be the same without Kanan.

Robtard
Cool, thanks thumb up

Never read the EU, just read up on some of it.

Galan007
^ It will take serious balls for them Not to make Thrawn the big bad in this. True, but the fact that Thrawn is completely absent from the Shadow Council(as of the recent ep. of Mando) also suggests that he isn't out there trying to rebuild the Empire and rule the galaxy... Or at least that he has different motives than the true Imperial loyalists we saw in the episode.

But yeah, who knows? /shrug

Don't kid yourself. No chance of this happening. Filoni doesn't give a rat's ass about continuity. Wish I could say you're wrong. sad

Eli Vanto
Zahn created Thrawn. So I'd like to think that Filoni would give Zahn the same type of respect he gives to Lucas and actually follow the groundwork that has been laid out.

But I doubt he will, which is sad.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by playa1258
Luke is a straight white male. He's obviously a coward incompetent who needs to move out of the for a woman to do it right. Sequel trilogy is not canon to me, it's just a bad fanfiction. Tbh I hope sooner or later they're gonna retcon the movies

Galan007
Trailer #2:

J_1EXWNETiI

Total Warrior
Ahsoka: "If we don't stop Thrawn everything will have been for nothing"

And yet 20 years later we're still back to square 1. The sequels really ruined everything

Sheev
Why does finding Thrawn equal the key to ultimate power?

Galan007
He probably holds the final key to the 'puzzle' they are clearly searching for.

I've seen some rumors that they're trying to locate a gateway to TWBW, but we'll have to wait and see.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Sequel trilogy is not canon to me, it's just a bad fanfiction. Tbh I hope sooner or later they're gonna retcon the movies

First they need to officially cancel Rian Johnson's untitled new trilogy.

Otherwise, far more damage will be done.

Robtard
Trailer #2:

J_1EXWNETiI

Still looks pretty good.

But previews can be deceiving, I was hyped for Boba Fett and aside from a few good parts, that ended up taking a massive smelly dump on my chest.

Galan007
But previews can be deceiving, I was hyped for Boba Fett and aside from a few good parts, that ended up taking a massive smelly dump on my chest. thumb up

Main reason I'll watch is because of Lars-Thrawn.

Robtard
thumb up

Main reason I'll watch is because of Lars-Thrawn.

Me too.

I'm also a Rosario Dawson fan. But we'll see how she does here.

Sheev
I just hope the show doesn't go too hard with the "girl power" theme. An Ahsoka/Sabine/Hera teamup is fine, but just don't force it. But it's disney so.....

I also hope that Thrawn actually gets a decent amount of screentime and isn't underused.

Galan007
^ Less is more in some cases.

Look at Vader's final scene in Rogue One: it was like 2 minutes in total, yet that still became one of the most memorable parts of the entire film. Don't get me wrong, I definitely want to see Thrawn get some screentime as well, because Lars is an amazing actor... But I'm also fine with quality over quantity.

Total Warrior
I'm more curious about the darksiders tbh

Eli Vanto
I'm more curious about the darksiders tbh Same here. Apparently they are a new sect of Force users though. Not Jedi, Sith, or Inquisitors but something else. That's why Filoni chose to give them orange lightsabers.

Sheev
^ Less is more in some cases.

Look at Vader's final scene in Rogue One: it was like 2 minutes in total, yet that still became one of the most memorable parts of the entire film. Don't get me wrong, I definitely want to see Thrawn get some screentime as well, because Lars is an amazing actor... But I'm also fine with quality over quantity. That's fair. Thrawn is a boss level character afterall. Probably best to not overuse him.

Total Warrior
Same here. Apparently they are a new sect of Force users though. Not Jedi, Sith, or Inquisitors but something else. That's why Filoni chose to give them orange lightsabers. I'm glad they're not just former inquisitors or sith but somewhat in the middle (albeit more leaning towards the dark side)

xPRIMEx

Galan007
Pretty good start.

ares834
It was OK. Very much a Rebels season 5 for better or worse.

Sabine is still an awful character. Her introduction with her ditching the celebration was pure cringe. And I'm confused by her being Ahsoka's padawan. Is she force sensitive now?

Ahsoka is also bland as hell. She's some sorta zen master now who occasionally throws out some platitude while smirking. That's it. That's her whole character.

Pretty much the only characters worth a damn are the two new dark Jedi. Skoll is excellent. Stevenson brings a real gravitas to the role. RIP.

Also, I'm disappointed that we have yet another story about finding a map that leads to some hidden character. This is, what, the third time now? And lightsabers are no longer lethal weapons. Yet again a character is stabbed but with little to no repercussion from it. Instead she's fine and ready to go within a few days.

Total Warrior
Episodes were good, maybe a bit slow at times but good. I liked the coreography of the duels, especially in episode 2. Baylan Skoll looks like an interesting character, a shame he probably won't survive this season. I didn't like Sabine being an edgy teenager. Anyway i'm looking forward the next ep.

Robtard
It was OK. Very much a Rebels season 5 for better or worse.

Sabine is still an awful character. Her introduction with her ditching the celebration was pure cringe. And I'm confused by her being Ahsoka's padawan. Is she force sensitive now?

Ahsoka is also bland as hell. She's some sorta zen master now who occasionally throws out some platitude while smirking. That's it. That's her whole character.

Pretty much the only characters worth a damn are the two new dark Jedi. Skoll is excellent. Stevenson brings a real gravitas to the role. RIP.

Also, I'm disappointed that we have yet another story about finding a map that leads to some hidden character. This is, what, the third time now? And lightsabers are no longer lethal weapons. Yet again a character is stabbed but with little to no repercussion from it. Instead she's fine and ready to go within a few days.

I have a feeling she both survived and recovered so quick due to some yet seen power or ability. They made a point to comment on her toughness.

If it goes nowhere and it's not touched back on, yeah, weird and lame.

Robtard
I enjoyed both episodes.

Stevenson is great, by far the best character in this.

I like Dawson as Ahsoka, but I also didn't watch the cartoon start to finish, just some eps. So I don't have that to compare.

The main plot of 'the rush to find Thrawn ' seems rather lame on the surface. Hopefully it pans out.

juggernaut74
What do you guys think Skol meant when he said when they find Thrawn it will be war for some but for them a new beginning?

Galan007
Originally posted by juggernaut74
What do you guys think Skol meant when he said when they find Thrawn it will be war for some but for them a new beginning? The exact dialogue from Skoll pertaining to Thrawn's return was:
For some, war.
For others, a new beginning.
For us, power. Such as you've never dreamed.

The first two are pretty self-explanatory. The last... I'm not quite sure.

Galan007
Sabine is still an awful character. Her introduction with her ditching the celebration was pure cringe. And I'm confused by her being Ahsoka's padawan. Is she force sensitive now? Same. I have no idea why Ahsoka would have taken Sabine as a padawan, when she has no discernible force talent. Seems like a ridiculous asspull to make her more relevant for whatever reason. /shrug

Either way, I hope the "Sabine-sass" goes away. The dynamic between her and Ahsoka already seems forced enough as it is.

xPRIMEx

Galan007
The end credits for ep.2 ambiguously lists Sam Witwer under the "additional voices" section:
https://ibb.co/RzSyjbR

Obviously the popular theory is that he is playing Marrok... A nod to Galen Marek/Starkiller, perhaps.

We'll see. /shrug

Total Warrior
Marrok is likely the second strongest inquisitor so far, after the grand inquisitor, he was fighting pretty much on par with Ahsoka

juggernaut74
The exact dialogue from Skoll pertaining to Thrawn's return was:
For some, war.
For others, a new beginning.
For us, power. Such as you've never dreamed.

The first two are pretty self-explanatory. The last... I'm not quite sure. Being promised great power is pretty much a death sentence in Star Wars.

juggernaut74
The end credits for ep.2 ambiguously lists Sam Witwer under the "additional voices" section:
https://ibb.co/RzSyjbR

Obviously the popular theory is that he is playing Marrok... A nod to Galen Marek/Starkiller, perhaps.

We'll see. /shrug That seems to obvious but possible I suppose.

We don't know how many Inquisitors there actually was he could just be a survivor when the Empire fell just trying to make his way through the galaxy.

Eli Vanto
Didn't think I'd be a fan of this "extragalactic" element, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Mostly because introducing a new galaxy into the fold helps make the plot a lot less landlocked after ROTJ. Yeah we might know how things will eventually play out in the main galaxy after the Ahsoka series ends, but this new galaxy opens up a TON of new possibilities, without really having to follow ST canon at all. This could be a good thing.

The only better option would be if they used TWBW to just retcon the ST, but that ain't happening unfortunately.

xPRIMEx

Galan007
Didn't think I'd be a fan of this "extragalactic" element, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Mostly because introducing a new galaxy into the fold helps make the plot a lot less landlocked after ROTJ. Yeah we might know how things will eventually play out in the main galaxy after the Ahsoka series ends, but this new galaxy opens up a TON of new possibilities, without really having to follow ST canon at all. This could be a good thing. It could be a very good thing, if for no other reason than having the potential to just side-step the ST garbage all together.

...But only if (and it's a big "if" at this point), it is executed properly.

Total Warrior
Yeah, sidelining the Sequel trilogy would be a master move but Kathleen recently confirmed that Rey/Kylo/Finn etc aren't gone and we'll see more from them, so I fear they'll keep milking them.

Btw I have the feeling that Ahsoka is gonna be massively underpowered in the live action. We've already seen it in Mando S2 when she used stealth tactics to take out 3 fodders instead of just bulldozing through them, now we have an inquisitor fighting on par with her. Marrok vs Ahsoka was closer than, say, Savage Oppress vs Adi Gallia. Huyang stating that two Jedi knights can pose a threat to her isn't good either, when tbh anyone below Jedi council level should be a low diff fight for her at worst

juggernaut74
Has Jacen Syndulla been shown anywhere since Rebels ended? I would not be surprised if he was force sensitive and would make a better candidate for Jedi training over Sabine.

ares834
Didn't think I'd be a fan of this "extragalactic" element, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Mostly because introducing a new galaxy into the fold helps make the plot a lot less landlocked after ROTJ. Yeah we might know how things will eventually play out in the main galaxy after the Ahsoka series ends, but this new galaxy opens up a TON of new possibilities, without really having to follow ST canon at all. This could be a good thing.

The only better option would be if they used TWBW to just retcon the ST, but that ain't happening unfortunately.

Brilliant. Have Luke not just go into exile on Act 2 (isn't RJ so funny and clever) but instead, have him retreat to this other galaxy with a bunch of still surviving apprentices and continue to rebuild the Jedi Order. Maybe even with a kid of his own as well. Then, around the the time of the ST, he gets some premonition in the Force goes back to Act 2 and puts on a whole act for Rey. Boom. SW has been saved salvaged.

Eli Vanto
Brilliant. Have Luke not just go into exile on Act 2 (isn't RJ so funny and clever) but instead, have him retreat to this other galaxy with a bunch of still surviving apprentices and continue to rebuild the Jedi Order. Maybe even with a kid of his own as well. Then, around the the time of the ST, he gets some premonition in the Force goes back to Act 2 and puts on a whole act for Rey. Boom. SW has been saved salvaged. I'm not talking about using this new galaxy to retcon or even alter the ST. I'm saying that it opens the doors for a bunch of new plots to happen, without having to worry about the ST stuff at all.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if there are other factions of force users in this galaxy though. Peridea is a Jedi legend for a reason.

ares834
I know you aren't. But I am.

Luke failing to recreate the Jedi Order is my biggest issue with the ST. If they can use this new galaxy to fix that, they should. Is it hackneyed? Sure. But I don't care.

Galan007
I doubt Disney would ever have the balls, but it honestly could work.

Look at the Thrawn novels: they had him go on these lengthy side-missions in between a couple seasons of Rebels, and it still meshed perfectly with the overarching story. So they could certainly do the same type of thing with Luke -- especially since he spent, like, decades off the grid. I mean, if Peridea was common knowledge for even Jedi younglings, then I'm sure Luke would have heard the stories about it as well, given all the knowledge/relic hoarding he did. So maybe after Kylo's downfall, Luke thought: "Hmm, maybe I should look a little deeper into that Peridea place, after all..." /shrug

Tbh, one of the hardest parts to consolidate would still be his "fuk teh Jedeye" persona (thx 4 that, Rian.)

Eli Vanto
I know you aren't. But I am.

Luke failing to recreate the Jedi Order is my biggest issue with the ST. If they can use this new galaxy to fix that, they should. Is it hackneyed? Sure. But I don't care. Ah gotcha. I totally agree.

Tbh, one of the hardest parts to consolidate would still be his "fuk teh Jedeye" persona (thx 4 that, Rian.) Like ares said; just make it an act. Maybe Luke knew his time was near and Rey needed to find her own path, so he put up a woe is me facade to swing her in that direction. Granted that also makes Luke's fireside chat with Yoda irrelevant, but hey it would still be far from the dumbest thing to come out of the ST era lol.

At the end of the day I just hope they don't waste the opportunities that could come from a whole new galaxy.

Galan007
At the end of the day I just hope they don't waste the opportunities that could come from a whole new galaxy. thumb up

The potential is absolutely there. Proper delivery/execution of that potential is what I have my doubts about.

Hopefully I'll end up being surprised.

Robtard
Hopefully they're going to Milky Way galaxy smile

xPRIMEx
Good 3rd episode. Man this show has really got me excited for SW again!

ares834
New episode was completely mediocre if not downright bad. Almost nothing of import happened. And instead of any character or plot development, we got some shameless aping of the OT. The main actors continue to be completely subpar leaving the characters completely bland.

Another issue is how laughably incompetent the New Republic is written. It would be one thing if it was well written and believable, but it's not. It's just lazy. Villains are also completely toothless. Their ships couldn't do shit. They couldn't even scuff up Ahsoka's ship when it was sitting their dead with no power or shields. It because of stuff like this there is almost no tension ever in Filoni's shows.

There are also just basic storytelling problems. Most of the episode is about Ahsoka and co figuring out what the villains are up to and what they are building. There's a bunch of build up and it feels like it's almost meant to be some reveal... But the audience already know all of this so it all falls flat and feels pointless. Something as simple as not revealing the hyperspace ring and what the Empire was up to last episode would have made this episode so much better.

Oh, and that scene with Ahsoka on the ship was goofy as hell.

As for the good... The visuals are nice and I like Huyang. The action also can be fun even if it feels weightless and is just copied directly from better SW material.

Eli Vanto
I think the incompetence and arrogance of the New Republics leadership is meant to be intentional. It's also how the First Order was able to come to power under their noses, despite Leia's warnings. And also why Leia eventually established the Resistance.

Total Warrior
Good third episode, liked the fight scenes. This show so far is delivering

ares834
Not surprised. You seemed to enjoy some Kenobi episodes as well and every single episode of that was complete dogshit.

I think the incompetence and arrogance of the New Republics leadership is meant to be intentional. It's also how the First Order was able to come to power under their noses, despite Leia's warnings. And also why Leia eventually established the Resistance.

Of course. But they could have done it well. This is written like a cartoon. But I suppose I shouldn't expect more from Filoni.

Total Warrior

juggernaut74
So can we assume Marrok is a male of some alien species now?

Galan007
Episode was meh. There's no need for a bunch of filler when we're only getting 8 episodes... This isn't TCW, ffs.

Also, it seems fairly evident that Sabine is going to have some sort of random "Force awakening" during her next fight with Shin. I have no idea why Filoni is going this route with her... It seems like such a ridiculous asspull to me. Especially when you have a character like Jacen Syndulla(who should be decently Force sensitive) sitting right there, literally begging to become a Jedi. Granted, Hera probably doesn't want that for him, but still.

Total Warrior
But Jacen is just a child

Zenwolf
So decided to...have a chance and wondering...I'm not sure what's to like about this show? Because from where I'm sitting, the pacing is extremely slow, the characters are just....really emotionless, there's some retconning...and...Sabine survives a lightsaber stab? Also she's needed to solve a puzzle box thing? The guy playing that one Dark Jedi is fine though.

Jeez, who's gonna be next to survive one of those? Not Qui-Gon apparently.

Tbh I've kinda forgot a lot, but in that opening...didn't the Captain or whoever know that the pair of Dark Jedi weren't....Jedi with their ship? Sooo...why did he allow them on the ship? Is he stupid? What purpose does it serve for him to do that, when he knows that they aren't who they say they are?

Just watched the 1st two and not really gonna watch anymore, if this is how the whole show is going to be, so I guess I'll just wait on reviews. Ontop of that, didn't they say you didn't need to have watched TCW/Rebels to understand this show? Yet I'm pretty sure you kinda have to in some capacity.

Galan007
So can we assume Marrok is a male of some alien species now? Baylan: "Marrok will complete his task."

Robtard
What if Marrok is Ezra who didn't die but was brain-wounded and brought back but turned evil...

https://media.tenor.com/tvFWFDXRrmMAAAAd/blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

Total Warrior
I hope not

ares834
First truly good episode. I really enjoyed it.

Lightsaber fights are still a bit rough. But this is still easily the best one in any of these live action shows. Also not a big fan of them bring back WBW but we'll see...

xPRIMEx
What an episode. And that last scene was the cherry on top. Star Wars is back

xPRIMEx
Next episode is going to be insane

Total Warrior

Galan007
Great episode, yeah.

I don't really get how Ahsoka just *poofed* into TWBW, and why Anakin appeared in the flesh, and not in his ghost/spirit form but I'm sure it will be explained in the next episode.

As for Marrok: for all the hype surrounding him, he was just killed-off with no sort of identity reveal... Though judging by that green smokey crap that blasted out of him when he died(similar to what happened upon Savage's death), it seems like he might have been augmented by Nightsister magics at some point.

Total Warrior
Great episode, yeah.

I don't really get how Ahsoka just *poofed* into TWBW, and why Anakin appeared in the flesh, and not in his ghost/spirit form but I'm sure it will be explained in the next episode.

As for Marrok: for all the hype surrounding him, he was just killed-off with no sort of identity reveal... Though judging by that green smokey crap that blasted out of him when he died(similar to what happened upon Savage's death), it seems like he might have been augmented by Nightsister magics at some point. He died the same qay of than unknown Inquisitor from ToJ, so I don't think it was Nightsister magic. Someone should ask Filoni why Inquisitors turn into gas whenever they are killed by Ahsoka

ares834
As for Marrok: for all the hype surrounding him, he was just killed-off with no sort of identity reveal...

Good. All the theories were retarded.

Robtard
Ouch, dick

Total Warrior

ares834
If Filoni uses the WBW to create an alternate universe without the ST I will apologize and never call him a hack again.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKlDsYBXMAA0V0L.jpg

I know it won't happen. But a man needs to dream!

Eli Vanto
Episode was excellent.

Bringing TWBW to live action is a bold move. But I guess it could explain how the heroes will able to get to this other galaxy without a map or suitable hyperspace capabilities. They can just walk through a gateway now.

The Anakin reveal was unexpected, but I'm kind of wondering if everything will really be as it seems, just because the final musical score sounded a bit Vader-y to me. On that same kind of note, Ahsoka was definitely digging into the dark side a bit, especially during that final battle.

Sheev
Baylan is easily the best new character we've gotten in Disney canon. Nuff said.

Total Warrior
mmm dunno Bode Akuna is up there

Darth Thor
Finally a great episode.

First 3 episodes were like the next season of Rebels except with wooden dialogue and acting. But Episode 4 was great.

Excited to see the conversation between Ahsoka and Light side/Jedi Anakin.

Originally posted by Sheev
Baylan is easily the best new character we've gotten in Disney canon. Nuff said.

Hes a very good Villain.

mmm dunno Bode Akuna is up there

Also great 👍

ares834
Well, for all the hype, this episode was pretty disappointing.

Just pure fanservice and Filoniwank. Anakin flashing between himself and Vader was cool, but other then that it all felt every underused and irrelevant. His "lesson" was completely nonsensical. The Clone Wars stuff felt very tacked on for no real reason.

But I'm sure many of the fans will love it because it's a memberberry pie.

Oh, and Ahoksa without her headband looks awful.

xPRIMEx
^Yeah f*** that

Episode was amazing

ares834
Gobble up your memberberries.

As I said, the entire WBW shit was pure nonsense and nothing but fanservice. It mistakes obscurity with profoundness. The entire "lesson" seemed to be that Ahsoka should not let Anakin's legacy dictate her actions but to LIVE as her own person but this is all very poorly conveyed. This "conflict" that Ahsoka was apparently having was never alluded to other than Baylan throwing out one random line last episode and I guess because she was only using one lightsaber or something. Just incredibly sloppy and amateurish writing.

But who care about the most basic rules of writing like setup and payoff. We got Anakin and Clone Wars! And WOOOOWWWW! Is that a Death Watch member!? AT-RT! AT-RT!

juggernaut74
5 episodes in and still no Thrawn shit is wack.

So far overall disappointed in this show.

Total Warrior

emporerpants
Ha, Vader lost again huh? First Obi stomps him and now Ahsoka. Poor Ani can't catch a break can he?

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx
Not even really sure you can even use this as an actual feat

Total Warrior
Anakin literally disarmed her lmao

xPRIMEx

Total Warrior

xPRIMEx
If this is force ghost Anakin, probably even more powerful. And he was likely holding back a lot, considering the fact that force ghost anakin scales above prime Luke

xPRIMEx
Based on the fight against the wraiths in Shadow of the Sith

Total Warrior
Uuuh nice

Total Warrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IHECOW_fak

emporerpants
Sounds like a bunch of copium. Lol. She won. Sure she got disarmed. Happens all the time in star wars, doesn't mean she lost. She got disarmed, recovered, and disarmed Anakin and had him at her mercy.

Argue all you want, but what they portrayed was Aksoka being on the same level or better than Anakin. It is what it is. Sure, maybe he wasn't trying, maybe he let her win, but it's all speculation. Are you really going to claim that they wouldn't go the whole "I had to go all out to pressure you into learning your lesson" trope? Especially with Filoni writing for his own creation? Sure, that trope is all speculation as well, but it's just as valid as saying Anakin let her win.

Face it, Disney has not been kind to live action Anakin/Vader.

Total Warrior
Did you watch the whole episode with sound off?

juggernaut74
I don't think it's a good example of evidence on who'd win a fight.

emporerpants
I don't think it's a good example of evidence on who'd win a fight.

I don't disagree, but it's still another embarrassing showing for Anakin, just like getting stomped by Obi. It's starting to kinda detract from Vader's menace and aura of power. Hell, in Jedi survivor Vader almost lost to the Jedi from Mad TV made for that game specifically. Legit, it couldn't gave been more close.

Anakin/Vader needs to come off as more powerful than he has recently been portrayed, otherwise he starts to lose his mystique.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by emporerpants
I don't disagree, but it's still another embarrassing showing for Anakin, just like getting stomped by Obi. It's starting to kinda detract from Vader's menace and aura of power. Hell, in Jedi survivor Vader almost lost to the Jedi from Mad TV made for that game specifically. Legit, it couldn't gave been more close.

Anakin/Vader needs to come off as more powerful than he has recently been portrayed, otherwise he starts to lose his mystique. I do agree Vader seems to have been turned into a jobber.

ares834
I will say that Hayden still has it when it comes to lightsaber dueling. Dude makes every other actor in the Disney era look like toddlers swinging baseball bats. He's just on another level.

xPRIMEx
I will say that Hayden still has it when it comes to lightsaber dueling. Dude makes every other actor in the Disney era look like toddlers swinging baseball bats. He's just on another level.
Fr

Total Warrior
He is the chosen one

Robtard

Yup.

He was trained by a real-life swordmaster and stunt coordinator. He certainly took to it like a natural.

Robtard
I enjoyed ep5, was reakky good to see Anakin again.

As for the people complaining that Anakin got "stomped", he didn't. It was a training lesson for Ahsoka in both fighting and life. He could have ended her several times, had that been the goal.

Old Man Whirly!
Great world building episode, as I never watched the animated shows much.

xPRIMEx
As for the people complaining that Anakin got "stomped", he didn't. It was a training lesson for Ahsoka in both fighting and life. He could have ended her several times, had that been the goal.
Yep

Galan007
The scenes with Anakin were cool and all, but I still don't understand how Ahsoka just popped into TWBW and had this interaction with Anakin..? Like, she just has to fall into some water, and *bam*, she's there again?

I get that Filoni is just Filoni'ing here, but some basic explanations would be nice.

Robtard
I took it as she was near death and her spirit/force traveled over.

Anakin made some comment about her state of being, forget his exact words, but he seemed to imply that she was close to death or somewhere in between in the real world.

Will say, she can hold her breath for a very long time.

ares834
The scenes with Anakin were cool and all, but I still don't understand how Ahsoka just popped into TWBW and had this interaction with Anakin..? Like, she just has to fall into some water, and *bam*, she's there again?

I get that Filoni is just Filoni'ing here, but some basic explanations would be nice.

I didn't get the impression that it was the real WBW but rather more of a meditative realm that reflected it. One she reached either because she was near death or because Anakin drew her there. Or, hell, it could all have been happening in her head.

Honestly, I prefer no real explanation and that they keep in ambiguous.

Zenwolf
The Republic being really stupid is grinding my gears and I'm not even watching the show, just going by various reviews. It's like the writers don't know anything about how a military structure is suppose to work.

Granted it's nothing new in writing/fiction, but looking at it like this just....really makes me roll my eyes SO HARD. Hera should be getting a court martial, in fact all the Pilots that went with her should be.

The Republic ships that arrived, didn't seem to identify themselves, which is a basic thing so you aren't mistaken as an enemy. None of the Pilots with Hera, should have followed any sort of command, because the ones issuing such orders weren't identifying themselves...for all the Pilots knew, this could have been an elaborate trap.

Also how is Ahsoka in any near death state?....From falling into water, how did she not drown if she was knocked out? I get that falling into water from a specific height can be bad, but I don't recall seeing that she was knocked out before hand, she was just kinda...pushed off? So she could brace or use The Force for protection?

....Also apparently she has Force Psychometry?....But like....isn't this a Force ability that can't be taught? That they have to be born with it in Canon? I guess she could have been born with it?....But it just really feels...shaky.

juggernaut74
I wonder if the force users will be able to use the force in the new galaxy.

Galan007
I didn't get the impression that it was the real WBW but rather more of a meditative realm that reflected it. One she reached either because she was near death or because Anakin drew her there. Or, hell, it could all have been happening in her head.

Honestly, I prefer no real explanation and that they keep in ambiguous. Don't get me wrong, I'm usually fine with Force-related shenanigans staying mysterious/ambiguous... But in this particular case, I would have liked some kind of explanation one way or the other(even if it were just one vague line from Anakin.)

Was it all just taking place in Ahsoka's mind?
Was it actually taking place in some sort of metaphysical realm?
Was it really THE spirit/ghost of Anakin, or just some sort of mental projection from Ahsoka's own consciousness?
How did Ahsoka even enter this state to begin with?

But I suppose it doesn't really matter, because in the end it seemed like Ahsoka took what she needed from the encounter... Which was the whole point of the scene. /shrug

I wonder if the force users will be able to use the force in the new galaxy. Per the Mortis arc, the Force is not just limited to a single galaxy -- it is a universal power.

That being said, the Force should still be present in this new galaxy... But connecting to it might be different than what the traditional Jedi/Sith are used to.

xPRIMEx

ares834
Best episode yet.

Thrawn was great. I'm not at all a fan of his look (too pudgy and looks like blue Elon Musk), but outside of that he was excellent. I also love how his army feels all patched up and cobbled together; it makes perfect sense after they has been stranded for around a decade. The Nightsisters had cool designs and the idea of them being from a different galaxy is a nice bit of world building. Thrawn allying himself with them is fun. I just hope it's not revealed that his army is a bunch of zombies but I kinda expect they'll go that route.

Baylan also continue to be a real highlight. Very much looking forward to seeing what he sensed. Seems to be very big and powerful considering what he has said in this episode and in the previous ones. It better not be some shitty tie-in to the sequels.

The big weakness of the show continues to be the heroes. They're just boring. I don't give a shit about Sabine. Luckily enough, the villains are compelling enough to more than make up for them.

Total Warrior

Zenwolf
So this episode? It just seems like a lot of nonsense and stuff that doesn't really make much sense to it.

Also explain how Thrawn is alive, when an ISD doesn't even carry half a decade worth of supplies? So did he kill all of his men, to then just reanimate them into zombies to save on supplies?

How does Baylon's motivation make sense? He wants to stop war, so he wants Thrawn to...wage war?

Thrawn...a geinus, was unable to locate Ezra, but Sabine does? Thrawn had far more time to do so, but he doesn't....?

Also Thrawn looks terrible honestly.

Total Warrior
They have a whole planet to scavenge, why would supplies matter

Zenwolf
They have a whole planet to scavenge, why would supplies matter

Didn't seem to look like much to scavenge, but alright.

Galan007
As expected, Lars was fantastic as Thrawn. Wasn't a fan of his look, but that's a small gripe in the scheme of things.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
How does Baylon's motivation make sense? He wants to stop war, so he wants Thrawn to...wage war? Baylan doesn't care about Thrawn's agenda. He has his own personal motivations in mind.

...Though it obviously won't pan out for him in the end. The path to 'ultimate power' seldom does in SW.

juggernaut74
I wonder how Skoll survived to be alive at this point in the timeline? Apparently Thrawn knew of him and the fact that he didn't change his name all while working as a Mercenary doesn't imply he was hiding to hard.

Robtard

Sheev
The episode was good, but Sabine is honestly a shit character at this point. All of her scenes fall laughably flat. I got absolutely nothing from the Ezra reveal either.

Thrawn stole the show as most of us thought he would. And clearly his "Night Troopers" have all been resurrected as zombie things by the Nightsisters (I think that's what they were teasing with Marrok's death.) Also curious why Thrawn never made an effort to kill Ezra, given that he clearly knew his whereabouts the entire time?

I still maintain that Baylan is easily the best new character we've gotten in canon. It's a real shame that we'll only get one season with him. sad

juggernaut74
If Baylon survives season 1(which I doubt he will)do you think Disney would recast or just write him out of the story? Personally I like the character and hope they would recast being he's not as iconic as Leia.

Darth Thor
Anakin literally disarmed her lmao

It kind of reflected her fight with Maul at the Siege of Mandalore (which they referenced), where she also gets disarmed but last second snatches her opponents Saber.

Wasn't a fan of his look,

You mean how they didnt hide his belly !

xPRIMEx

juggernaut74

Galan007
If Baylon survives season 1(which I doubt he will)do you think Disney would recast or just write him out of the story? Personally I like the character and hope they would recast being he's not as iconic as Leia. Personally, I hope they just give him a proper death this season. Ray has just done such an epic job with Baylan's character, and I would prefer for that to not be potentially cheapened by a recast.

You mean how they didnt hide his belly ! Nah, I don't mind dad-bod Thrawn. The Nightsisters might have just conjured a few cheeseburgers for him over the years, and I'm fine with that. It was more the blue skin CGI -- something about it just seemed off to me. He looks like if Elon Musk were a frost giant.

But again, that's a small gripe in the scheme of things. Lars is perfect for the role.

Robtard
If Baylon survives season 1(which I doubt he will)do you think Disney would recast or just write him out of the story? Personally I like the character and hope they would recast being he's not as iconic as Leia.

If he doesn't die by ep 8, I hope they recast, good character to just let die off screen.

Gerard Butler and Clancy Brown would be decent recast picks. Joe Manganiello and Kevin Durand have even more imposing statures, but acting skills are lesser.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>