The Last Voyage Of The Demeter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
More Dracula related stuff coming..

HUXfXsfLEiw

ares834
This looks decen....

"The world is a vampire."

Nope.

lmao, what an awful music choice. I like Smashing Pumpkins but that was way too corny.

Robtard
Will watch.

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
This looks decen....

"The world is a vampire."

Nope.

lmao, what an awful music choice. I like Smashing Pumpkins but that was way too corny.

Just catchy music in the trailer to attract attention, probably not part of the actual soundtrack considering the film period.

riv6672

ares834
https://www.integralworld.net/images/visser142-0.jpg

Originally posted by Robtard
Just catchy music in the trailer to attract attention, probably not part of the actual soundtrack considering the film period.

Sure. But it ruins the whole trailer. And poor marketing doesn't speak well to the movie's quality.

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834

Sure. But it ruins the whole trailer. And poor marketing doesn't speak well to the movie's quality.

Didn't ruin it for me, granted, I would have preferred period-compatible music, but the Smashing Pumpkins song was (still is?) very popular in its day and it's overall attention grabbing because of it. (look at the topic it created here)

edit: I'd not let it keep you from watching if the story is something you're into and it seems you are.

Jaden_3.0
It's not really doing it for me. Looks meh.

riv6672
Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Looks meh.
^^^But the soundtrack will kick ASS!!! big grin

Jaden_3.0

riv6672

Jaden_3.0
😂😂

Patient_Leech
Looks to have potential. Will probably watch.

BruceSkywalker
will only watch if there is a ton of nudity

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

You got a thing for rugged, pirate-looking dudes?

Pron, Brucey. Look into pron.

riv6672
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
^^^Like, in the theater? confused

Patient_Leech
I'm curious to see this.

I'd like to sneak out and see it at the theater on a date with myself, but I'm not sure when or how I'll get a chance to.

jaden_2.0
By going out for milk like a traditional family man.

Estacado
This was pretty good bit too long.

Khazra Reborn
Saw this last night, I loved the more monster design of Dracula, it makes him a lot more menacing. The human characters were kind of lame and flat. The only one I who seemed three dimensional was the captain, probably due to Liam Cunningham being the strongest actor, by far. The atmosphere and horror elements more than make up for it though.

Robtard
Had forgotten about this, Will try and see it this week

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Saw this last night, I loved the more monster design of Dracula, it makes him a lot more menacing. The human characters were kind of lame and flat. The only one I who seemed three dimensional was the captain, probably due to Liam Cunningham being the strongest actor, by far. The atmosphere and horror elements more than make up for it though.

David Dastmalchian is good, too. Does he have much of a role?

Khazra Reborn

Patient_Leech
I watched this. It was decent.

I've never read Dracula, so maybe that would help things. But it was pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking. I could have done with a bit more practical effects on Dracula, but the design is pretty cool.

Am I the only one who has gotten a little spoiled with 4k HDR and can't really tolerate theater contrast now? It stands out more for darkly lit films like this, though. Night scenes just have terrible contrast with projection screens or something.

riv6672

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I watched this. It was decent.

I've never read Dracula, so maybe that would help things. But it was pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking. I could have done with a bit more practical effects on Dracula, but the design is pretty cool.

Am I the only one who has gotten a little spoiled with 4k HDR and can't really tolerate theater contrast now? It stands out more for darkly lit films like this, though. Night scenes just have terrible contrast with projection screens or something.

https://i.giphy.com/media/134iGJcqa8A9lC/200.gif

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
https://i.giphy.com/media/134iGJcqa8A9lC/200.gif

https://media.tenor.com/IhO_2c3GocoAAAAM/angela-lansbury-fancy-dress.gif

Patient_Leech
For those who have seen it... why...

was the stowaway with all the Dracula bites not turned into a vampire multiple times over?

Did I miss something or just plot armor? (I was very drowsy while watching, heh..)

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
For those who have seen it... why...

was the stowaway with all the Dracula bites not turned into a vampire multiple times over?

Did I miss something or just plot armor? (I was very drowsy while watching, heh..)

The Dr. gave her repeated blood transfusions with his blood, which kept the transformation at bay.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The Dr. gave her repeated blood transfusions with his blood, which kept the transformation at bay.

Right, but didn't she have a bunch of previous, healed bites?

Estacado
Yup kinda made no sense She should have turned by the Time She was found since the other dude turned in less than a day..

Patient_Leech
Yeah, so plot armor, right?

Robtard
Started out like it could be decent period horror piece, then kinda stumbled its way through mediocrity.

riv6672
Twas good.
Not mediocre at all.

janus77
My god was this boring or what!
Could have thrown in a Meg or a Kracken, just to brighten things up.

Utterly stupid characters, except for the black one and the woman. Felt like a BBC production.

First they lack any curiosity about the "stowaway" woman, then they don't want to talk about vampires when they start dropping sailors.
Then they fail to do the obvious thing and group together and search the ship.

So much contrivance just to prevent Dracula's casket from being discovered, brought out into the light and/or dumped overboard.

Terrible writing. Terrible show.

riv6672
Originally posted by janus77
My god was this boring or what!

^^^What.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.