Take out Putin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
You're sent on a mission to take out Putin. You start in the location you're currently at. You have a month to kill him and he's aware someone is out to kill him but he doesn't know who or what or when it will happen. You get to choose all the abilities from one of the individuals below and you also gain the knowledge of those abilities as well. Who are you choosing? You can only rely on your powers for this mission. Nothing else (minus transportation of course).

Archangel
Wolverine
Spiderman
Nightcrawler
Hawkman
Cyclops (you get his glasses)

zopzop
Nightcrawler for the stealthy approach.

Wolverine for the direct approach.

Smurph
Spider-Man

cdtm
I'd send in Molecule Man to defend Putin. stick out tongue

carver9
You all know Putin have people that looks identical to him, right?

ShadowFyre
You all know that anyone on this list could kill any real life president, prime minister, king or queen etc. with complete and utter ease right?

Smurph
I'm actually a bit skeptical about the effectiveness of Wolverine's powers without his fighting skills (which would be different than the "knowledge of those abilities" that OP grants you). Sure, you'd still be unkillable and have superhuman stats, but I think I'd be more of a wrecking ball than an assassin.

I'm assuming you're bone claw Wolverine, too. Otherwise... good luck getting to Moscow. Enjoy airport security thumb up

Spider-Man's senses give him perfect balance and equilibrium. The spider sense is basically a cheat code for this entire scenario.

Magnon
Wolverine.

I wouldn't go after anyone, of course, but having a powerful healing factor for one month would result in a nice systems refresh/purge. Not that I particularly need one, but it'd be better than nothing. Some small scars, and whatever non-degradable poisons (e.g. heavy metals) that might have accumulated over the years, etc., removed.

beatboks
Cyclops. No need to get close or even avoid security. Jo need to worry about doppelganger either. One Omega level optic blast after another collapsing Putin's palace on the black sead down on top of his head and continuing until its molten glass he cant escape from or breath. Them move to St Petersburg and do the same to that residence, on to Novo-Ogaryovo and repeat at that residence.

By this time if he's still alive he's in some black site but his own Govt rivals suddenly perceive an opportunity to replace him as those loyal to him might be too scared to protect him. Doesn't matter if you didn't finish the job you've assured someone will.

StiltmanFTW
Cyclops is an not an omega level anything, bro.

Easy to spot him and take out with a single bullet, too. Snipers all over the place. He's not an assassin.

ShadowFyre
Oh. Misread op. Nightcrawler or spiderman make perfect assassin's

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Cyclops is an not an omega level anything, bro.

Easy to spot him and take out with a single bullet, too. Snipers all over the place. He's not an assassin.

Widebeam would stop any bullets, long as he protects his back he could nuke the entire area like Dragon Ball.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Widebeam would stop any bullets, long as he protects his back he could nuke the entire area like Dragon Ball.

No, it wouldn't.

Not only it's not omnidirectional, it doesn't even cover the whole area in front of him - cutting down some trees and dealing with one Sentinel is not anywhere near good enough of a power showing to work in a city setting.

Robtard
Nightcrawler would make the best assassin.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Robtard
Nightcrawler would make the best assassin.

If properly trained and without morals, sure.

Otherwise, a truly robtarded idea.

Smurph
Eh I'd still favour Spider-Man. His speed, strength, senses and ability to blend in (just look at Nightcrawler...) make him better in almost all situations.

Nightcrawler just has better options for a quick escape.

StiltmanFTW
Kurt's image inducer could be considered his standard equipment, you know. Plus that shadow-blending ability... albeit rarely used.

Their problem is that they have zero assassin training and don't even try to get better at it. But then again, carv is just willing to give us "knowledge of abilities" and hasn't elaborated on it.

Smurph
We only get powers, nothing else - so I guess no standard equip.

Otherwise you get all of Peter's gear and the discussion completely tips in his favour.

StiltmanFTW
Sure, the Oscorp suit immobilizes Pete, leaving him to get raped by Russians for all eternity. Norman watches his ordeal from the States and faps to it.

Robtard
If properly trained and without morals, sure.

Otherwise, a truly robtarded idea.

Talking about the power-set obviously, as per the thread stipulations.

This power-set would need the least amount of training, TP behind someone, TP them 1,000 feet into the air, TP away and let them drop.

Then again, Kurt's German, so hes probably a secret psychopath.

StiltmanFTW

This power-set would need the least amount of training, TP behind someone, TP them 1,000 feet into the air, TP away and let them drop.

You need to get used to the debilitating effects of Kurt's teleportation.

Nightcrawler needed many years of intense training to overcome it... and it still takes its toll on him sometimes.

Teleporting some extra baggage (such as the other person) is particularly problematic.

Knowledge is one thing, practice is the other. Kurt has endured thousands of adventures and Danger Room sessions. We post on KMC.

StiltmanFTW
Then again, Kurt's German, so hes probably a secret psychopath.

Oh, c'mon.

Not every German is like Parmaniac... right?

Right?

laughing out loud

Robtard
You need to get used to the debilitating effects of Kurt's teleportation.

Nightcrawler needed many years of intense training to overcome it... and it still takes its toll on him sometimes.

Teleporting some extra baggage (such as the other person) is particularly problematic.

Knowledge is one thing, practice is the other. Kurt has endured thousands of adventures and Danger Room sessions. We post on KMC.

Was no aware of that, or had forgotten thumb up

Robtard
Was it the teleporter from 'The Boys' who liked to murder people by just teleporting their heads away?

StiltmanFTW
Not sure. Comic or the show?

The version of Nightcrawler from Age of Apocalypse used to do it from time to time.

But - again - he's had tons of practice with his powers. Arguably even more than the mainstream incarnation, at least when it comes to that decapitation hobby.

Robtard
Was some live action show, don't think it was The Boys now.

Only recall the guy teleporting behind someone and then teleporting away with their head, like a total dick.

carver9
Originally posted by Smurph
Eh I'd still favour Spider-Man. His speed, strength, senses and ability to blend in (just look at Nightcrawler...) make him better in almost all situations.

Nightcrawler just has better options for a quick escape.

How would you know you killed Putin instead of a duplicate?

Smurph
Carver, is this what you're smoking?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11893557/amp/Video-claiming-Putin-using-body-doubles-goes-viral-Russia-bizarre-theory-gains-momentum.html

Old Man Whirly!

Then again, Kurt's German, so hes probably a secret psychopath. it says in the OP you gain knowledge of the powers, that usually means in battle board speak you know what you are doing. Comic fans have a tendency to complicate the simplest things tbh.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Nobody hates comic fans as much as other comic fans, eh?

carver9
Originally posted by Smurph
Carver, is this what you're smoking?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11893557/amp/Video-claiming-Putin-using-body-doubles-goes-viral-Russia-bizarre-theory-gains-momentum.html

Yep

Robtard
Saddam had body doubles. Wouldn't surprise me if Putin has some too. Despots are cowards at heart.

Old Man Whirly!
Saddam had body doubles. Wouldn't surprise me if Putin has some too. Despots are cowards at heart. Daniel Craig looks like Putin which is ironic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.