Sun God vs Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Who wins?

carver9
Sun God

playa1258
Superman curbstomps

Glorificus
Wouldn't Apollo be a better matchup?

lawest9
Originally posted by Glorificus
Wouldn't Apollo be a better matchup? Why?

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Sun God So Sun God has better feats than Superman (strength, speed, durability, etc)?

Classic NES
Superman easily.

Stoic
Superman like the Hulk has a new upgrade that he used on Metallo. Not looking good for SG where I stand. Superman should win without the upgrade, but it would be an interesting fight.

tkitna
Originally posted by Stoic
Superman like the Hulk has a new upgrade that he used on Metallo. Not looking good for SG where I stand. Superman should win without the upgrade, but it would be an interesting fight.

Fill me in on this new upgrade please as I dont read Superman. How did DC pimp him this time?

Juntai
Originally posted by tkitna
Fill me in on this new upgrade please as I dont read Superman. How did DC pimp him this time? After being depowered for the Warworld run, he was powered up by a white sun at the end, and he's stronger than ever and seemingly still climbing from the temporary exposure as the story goes on. It seems to be a permanent upgrade, at this point, as its noted he's been 'changed forever.'

"concepts like weight, distance, temperature, even spacetime have largely lost their meaning for me. In moments, I can cross distances that cease to be distance." -- is what he told Lex as he seemingly created a wormhole across cosmic distance and teleported through a handful of issues ago.

Then against Metallo, he was amped again by Genesis, previously its affects were temporary though, but he was able to walk through Orphan Box amped kryptonite/upgraded Metallo and create giant energy projections and stuff.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
So Sun God has better feats than Superman (strength, speed, durability, etc)?

Yes

lawest9
Yes Such as?

carver9
Originally posted by lawest9
Such as?

Killed the map makers... same beings who lived through universal destruction.

lawest9
Killed the map makers... same beings who lived through universal destruction. Don't sound like they're on World Forgers level.

carver9
Is this Sun God vs Sun amped Superman?

lawest9
Is this Sun God vs Sun amped Superman? No, standard.

carver9
No, standard.

Superman was sun amped when he punched World Forger.

lawest9
Superman was sun amped when he punched World Forger. I know that but they still don't sound like they're on WF level.

carver9
I know that but they still don't sound like they're on WF level.

What does World Forger have to do with this? Your comment just doesn't make sense.

h1a8
Yes

Ok give me ONE quantifiable feat of each strength, combat/reaction speed, and durability that is better than Superman's best feats.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Ok give me ONE quantifiable feat of each strength, combat/reaction speed, and durability that is better than Superman's best feats.

Superman struggling against Damage whereas Sun God doing good against a weakened Hulk who is still > Damage.

h1a8
Superman struggling against Damage whereas Sun God doing good against a weakened Hulk who is still > Damage.

Now you want to Troll by cherry picking lows against highs in faulty ABC logic?

Give quantifiable feats to prove he's stronger, faster, etc.

Diesldude
Sun God a weak copy of Superman utterly destroyed an amped hulk. But he loses to Superman.

Stoic
Originally posted by tkitna
Fill me in on this new upgrade please as I dont read Superman. How did DC pimp him this time?

He now has the ability to do what I he Mutant Armor can do. Well sort of. He can project an enormous energy version of himself, and attack opponents.

carver9
No. He only did that due to Metallo heart being amped with God power and Superman using that power against him. He can't will it himself.

qwertyuiop1998
No. He only did that due to Metallo heart being amped with God power and Superman using that power against him. He can't will it himself.
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
So.....It looks like Superman's teleportation in AC 1050 was Superman using his superspeed and it basically became teleportation

Also, Superman's new powers in AC 1054 was Superman using his bio field

https://theaspiringkryptonian.com/2023/04/20/phillip-kennedy-johnson-talks-action-comics-1054/
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Edit:
Superman's new ability in AC 1054 was a new expression of his new power levels that come from the white sun

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Diesldude
Sun God a super strong copy of Superman utterly destroyed a weakened hulk. He assrapes Superman.

thumb up

tkitna
Originally posted by Juntai
After being depowered for the Warworld run, he was powered up by a white sun at the end, and he's stronger than ever and seemingly still climbing from the temporary exposure as the story goes on. It seems to be a permanent upgrade, at this point, as its noted he's been 'changed forever.'

"concepts like weight, distance, temperature, even spacetime have largely lost their meaning for me. In moments, I can cross distances that cease to be distance." -- is what he told Lex as he seemingly created a wormhole across cosmic distance and teleported through a handful of issues ago.

Then against Metallo, he was amped again by Genesis, previously its affects were temporary though, but he was able to walk through Orphan Box amped kryptonite/upgraded Metallo and create giant energy projections and stuff.

thumb up Thanks

StiltmanFTW
Expect it to last as long as Solar Flare bs.

Juntai
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Expect it to last as long as Solar Flare bs. well, that was the New52 Superman before the two halves were combined again.

But it still seems to be an ability. Jon has used it.

But not much reason for Supes to do it, as it leaves the world without a Superman for a while, and he gets more done before lunch time than most of the other heros of Earth added together.

Someone will bring it up again just like they occasionally remind us that Superman has mental powers.

Delta1938

Derrick, why do you use Superman in weaker states to argue against stronger states, but cry foul when the same is used against Hulk?

I know the reason, I just want to see your mental gymnastics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.