Loki vs Dr. Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Who wins and why?

zopzop
Dr. Fate has way more raw power. He should win.

MrMind
fate

depends on which fate, the fight will either be a stomp or a close win

beatboks
Kent I -Fate stomps
Hector - Fate stomps
Eric - Fate wins by the skin of his teeth (Loki can take 4.5/10)
Linda - Fate (marginally better than Eric)
Inza - Fate 6/10
Jarred - Fate 9/10 but only because Loki can't trick him (he sees thru lies) and his magic can't affect him.
Kent V - Fate 7/10
Khalid (Earth 2 Nu52) - Loki with consumate ease.

ODG
Current Loki has been hard to pin down. But between Jason Aaron, Daniel Kibblesmith, Gerry Duggan and Al Ewing, I can only conclude that Loki is more powerful than ever.

God of Nothing Loki was doing gnarly things against a stacked Avengers group. God(dess) of Stories Loki was a narrative plot device that stymied a Beyonder within the Beyond. God of Outcasts Loki could literally retcon his own Marvel history.

Current Loki is far beyond illusions and brute force magic. And has been for a while.

Senor Cage
Fate.

Smurph
Originally posted by ODG
Current Loki has been hard to pin down. But between Jason Aaron, Daniel Kibblesmith, Gerry Duggan and Al Ewing, I can only conclude that Loki is more powerful than ever.

God of Nothing Loki was doing gnarly things against a stacked Avengers group. God(dess) of Stories Loki was a narrative plot device that stymied a Beyonder within the Beyond. God of Outcasts Loki could literally retcon his own Marvel history.

Current Loki is far beyond illusions and brute force magic. And has been for a while. On the one hand, we're supposed to assume current versions of characters, so this is a good point.

On the other hand, Lawest hasn't cracked open a comic since the Cold War.

lawest9
Originally posted by Smurph
On the one hand, we're supposed to assume current versions of characters, so this is a good point.

On the other hand, Lawest hasn't cracked open a comic since the Cold War. Actually not quite that long ago.

ODG
On the one hand, we're supposed to assume current versions of characters, so this is a good point.

On the other hand, Lawest hasn't cracked open a comic since the Cold War. And that's the thing about Loki. God of Outcasts Loki is basically just an amped God of Nothing Loki whose new "power" is that his memories become history. Then, at the conclusion of Defenders Beyond, God(dess) of Stories Loki reintegrated herself into God of Nothing/Outcasts Loki.

And this current version of Loki? He has the Eternity Mask.

Loki is less a character and more a personified plot device at this point. Something that was carried forward from Kieron Gillen's classic run of Kid Loki.

So I'm not sure what version of Dr. Fate is supposed to be capable of defeating Loki at this point. But I'm interested in hearing such arguments all the same. I am not as well-read on Dr. Fate as other characters.

lawest9
Originally posted by ODG
And that's the thing about Loki. God of Outcasts Loki is basically just an amped God of Nothing Loki whose new "power" is that his memories become history. Then, at the conclusion of Defenders Beyond, God(dess) of Stories Loki reintegrated herself into God of Nothing/Outcasts Loki.

And this current version of Loki? He has the Eternity Mask.

Loki is less a character and more a personified plot device at this point. Something that was carried forward from Kieron Gillen's classic run of Kid Loki.

So I'm not sure what version of Dr. Fate is supposed to be capable of defeating Loki at this point. But I'm interested in hearing such arguments all the same. I am not as well-read on Dr. Fa charate as other characters. I'm letting people use their own choice versions of these characters.

ODG
^ Next time, make it clear in your OP. But given that this thread hasn't even gone beyond a single page, whatever.

Current Loki w/ Eternity Mask kicks the sh1t out of every Dr. Fate mentioned so far.

Anybody who wants to argue that canonicity or result, please do so. I am legitimately interested.

Senor Cage
Kent would stomp. Not sure about the others, though.

ODG
The new Loki miniseries is being penned by Dan Watters who wrote the last volume of Lucifer.

Loki is still the God of Stories. Seems like he's using 4th wall panel manipulation shenanigans still. Be very interested to see where Dan Watters takes him.

StiltmanFTW

On the other hand, Lawest hasn't cracked open a comic since the Cold War.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.