Doomsday Vs Colossus & Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Senor Cage
https://i.imgur.com/BpHW3DC.jpg

Vs

https://i.imgur.com/UZEH8af.jpg
&
https://i.imgur.com/6lgJ3R2.jpg

lawest9
If DOS Doomsday then team might have a chance.

Smurph
Doomsday uses Colossus to beat Hercules to death.

Unless Hercules gets his adamantine mace...

If so, Doomsday uses the mace to beat Hercules to death.

StiltmanFTW
Herc's mace has always been pretty useless, tbh.

Colossus would make a much better weapon - improvised, but still.

zopzop
This is spite against the Marvel duo. They stand zero chance.

ShadowFyre
Don't see them winning though Herc makes him work for it.

StiltmanFTW
Colossus makes Doomsday work for it.

Herc gets assraped.

playa1258
DD curbs this duo.

Booya_69
The duo get their shots in, but otherwise get beaten down.

steve2275
i must agree

MrMind
laughing out loud

I miss golgo thread

carver9
If this is DOS Doomsday, either solo.

MrMind
Originally posted by carver9
If this is DOS Doomsday, either solo.

ok carver, makes a case on how colossus solo, let's put some effort into dat trolling

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by MrMind
ok carver, makes a case on how colossus solo, let's put some effort into dat trolling

Seriously Carver? How tf is Colossus soloing Doomsday? I wanna know.

carver9
DOS wasn't impressive, at all.

abhilegend
Doomsday oneshots both

Juntai
Imagine Colossus beating the justice league solo and then beating Superman into a coma. lol.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Juntai
Imagine Colossus beating the justice league solo and then beating Superman into a coma. lol. I can't... it's ridiculous.

Diesldude

ODG
If this is DOS Doomsday, either solo. Are there even any Colossus fans around to support this position?

h1a8
Carter is saying that Colussus beats DOS DD solo?
Now if that isn't trolling then I don't know what is.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
Are there even any Colossus fans around to support this position?

Not a Colossus fan but if you look at everything that took place during that story (DOS), you'll agree with me.

h1a8
Not a Colossus fan but if you look at everything that took place during that story (DOS), you'll agree with me. He killed Superman and one shot MM.
Can Colossus Kill Superman?
Can Colussus beat the shit out of Gardner?
Is Colussus as fast as Flash?
Can Colussus one shot MM?
Can Colussus not be phased by MM hardest punch?

Plus you are forgetting his feats prior to the DOS arc. He didn't get weaker.

From your logic Odin and the Asgardians were human level when fighting Mangog.
They were getting koed and killed falling 20 feet off a collapsed bridge into the water.
Thor was koed falling off Mangogs back (Mangog shook him off and the ground koed Thor).

Do you agree with that?

carver9
I said if you look at EVERYTHING that took place in that story, including how weak those characters were, then you'll get it.

DeadpoolXXX
imagine being so stupidly biased that you're sitting here trying to argue that colossus and herc could manage a goddamn thing against a bloodlusted superman. laughing out loud

carthage
Doomsday makes Herc his bottom, Colossus dies with Bane.

Delta1938
No wonder carter ran away from my BZ after agreeing to it....for the second time.

jaxthejester
I'm assuming Death of Superman era Doomsday for this. Any later version is too easy of a win for debate imho.

Colossus is fairly useless here tbh. He can tank a few hits from a Juggernaut class foe, so he doesn't immediately die, but he doesn't last long either and his punches aren't going to do much. He's a distraction to buy Herc a moment.

Herc's longevity depends on Herc's mental state. Hercules has the raw physical strength to compete with the big boys. His durability and drive seem to flux significantly based on his attitude though, and on the low end he becomes a high powered jobber. On the high end though, he's beaten Thor in hand to hand combat and he murdered an evil Silver Surfer replacement (Herald of Galactus class foe). That's quite a range and the upper end of it is fairly elite. So...

If this is jovial, beer drinking-doofus Herc, then he gets hard stomped by Doomsday. There's no room for that version of Herc in this fight, and sadly this is often the version of Herc that shows up. Sure, he lasts longer than Colossus and his strikes are at least felt by Doomsday, but that's about it.

If this is the rare angry and focused, "you just killed my loved one while I watched" Herc, then we have a very different fight. Herc's well can run deep when he's in one of those rare states. It actually reminds me a lot of how Ben Grimm can go from Base Class 100 to knocking out a mind controlled Hulk when loved ones are threatened. It's the old "Dial it up to 11" factor that some characters have. Even this version of Hercules still loses a straight 1x1 fight, but he has the potential to make a drag out fight of this before falls and leave some significant damage. He even has a small win condition if he opts for a battlefield removal win. Unlike Superman, I can see Herc opting to use a combination of grapple-and-throw to toss Doomsday into space without regard for where he lands of who's otherworldly problem he becomes. It's a small margin for victory, but it's not outside of the realm of possibility.

Now there is one version of this fight that I'd love to read: The above noted version of Hercules with ALL of his prior acquired god-gear Vs. Doomsday. I'm talking Nemean Lion Skin, Golden Mace, Shield of Perseus, Helm of Hades, Adamantine tipped arrows dipped in Ceryneian Hind blood, and Sword of Peleus. Now that would be a wild fight.

Delta1938
Originally posted by jaxthejester
I'm assuming Death of Superman era Doomsday for this. Any later version is too easy of a win for debate imho.

Colossus is fairly useless here tbh. He can tank a few hits from a Juggernaut class foe, so he doesn't immediately die, but he doesn't last long either and his punches aren't going to do much. He's a distraction to buy Herc a moment.

Herc's longevity depends on Herc's mental state. Hercules has the raw physical strength to compete with the big boys. His durability and drive seem to flux significantly based on his attitude though, and on the low end he becomes a high powered jobber. On the high end though, he's beaten Thor in hand to hand combat and he murdered an evil Silver Surfer replacement (Herald of Galactus class foe). That's quite a range and the upper end of it is fairly elite. So...

If this is jovial, beer drinking-doofus Herc, then he gets hard stomped by Doomsday. There's no room for that version of Herc in this fight, and sadly this is often the version of Herc that shows up. Sure, he lasts longer than Colossus and his strikes are at least felt by Doomsday, but that's about it.

If this is the rare angry and focused, "you just killed my loved one while I watched" Herc, then we have a very different fight. Herc's well can run deep when he's in one of those rare states. It actually reminds me a lot of how Ben Grimm can go from Base Class 100 to knocking out a mind controlled Hulk when loved ones are threatened. It's the old "Dial it up to 11" factor that some characters have. Even this version of Hercules still loses a straight 1x1 fight, but he has the potential to make a drag out fight of this before falls and leave some significant damage. He even has a small win condition if he opts for a battlefield removal win. Unlike Superman, I can see Herc opting to use a combination of grapple-and-throw to toss Doomsday into space without regard for where he lands of who's otherworldly problem he becomes. It's a small margin for victory, but it's not outside of the realm of possibility.

Now there is one version of this fight that I'd love to read: The above noted version of Hercules with ALL of his prior acquired god-gear Vs. Doomsday. I'm talking Nemean Lion Skin, Golden Mace, Shield of Perseus, Helm of Hades, Adamantine tipped arrows dipped in Ceryneian Hind blood, and Sword of Peleus. Now that would be a wild fight.

Superman did try to BFR DOS Doomsday a couple times, and either failed or it only momentary worked(like putting him deep in mud in the ocean only granted a short delay). And Superman had speed and flight aiding him.

This Doomsday ran through a team with 3 Top-Tiers in it with literally one arm tied behind his back. And keep in mind, Doomsday only got stronger through the fight. Implied in DOS, confirmed he had dynamic strength in his YEAR ONE special, and confirmed he got stronger through DOS in SUPERMAN: REBIRTH I think it was(which was written by one of the DOS writers).

Delta1938
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
imagine being so stupidly biased that you're sitting here trying to argue that colossus and herc could manage a goddamn thing against a bloodlusted superman. laughing out loud

Carter says, "--how weak those characters were--"

During this same period in the JLA comic of the time, Maxima, Martian Manhunter/Bloodwynd and Superboy all had continent level feats after being severely drained by Starbreaker (Superman couldn't even fly). But they were weak.

I know if I were to apply the same logic carter uses to his preferred characters, he'd throw a fit.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Delta1938
Superman did try to BFR DOS Doomsday a couple times, and either failed or it only momentary worked(like putting him deep in mud in the ocean only granted a short delay). And Superman had speed and flight aiding him.

This Doomsday ran through a team with 3 Top-Tiers in it with literally one arm tied behind his back. And keep in mind, Doomsday only got stronger through the fight. Implied in DOS, confirmed he had dynamic strength in his YEAR ONE special, and confirmed he got stronger through DOS in SUPERMAN: REBIRTH I think it was(which was written by one of the DOS writers).

Yep, I've read the DOS saga. Loved it. He's absolutely elite. But not beyond Superman class, as shown in the conclusion. Superman would typically be considered on par with folks with Silver Surfer in versus matches, and Herc, in the rare moments of rage and focus, has shown he can hang with Silver Surfer class foes. He actually murdered an evil Surfer replacement and snapped his board in Twilight of a God, even though it killed him to do so. Would he win a direct fist fight against DD? Nope. He would die. But could he last a bit? Yes. I do believe so. He can dial it up in those rare moments and push himself to Superman-esque levels for short durations, even though it kills him in the end. So can he last long enough to maneuver a grab and toss? That's the only question that matters for me.

I would love to see the scan of Superman deciding to chuck DOS Doomsday into orbit and failing. Tossing him into mud doesn't really apply here; that's a temporary stop gap at best and also not really what I was talking about. I'm specifically referring to DOS Doomsday only (no later versions) and the only (and very slight) win condition I'm proffering for a highly motivated Herc is grabbing DD and tossing him into space. Doomsday was struck several times by foes slower than Clark. You don't need to be "Flash Fast" to hit him. And he was taken off of his feet and sent flying by Maxima, who is also slower (and at least slightly weaker) than Clark. So taking DOS DD off of his feet with Hercules class strength certainly has precedence. Hercules can toss a small mountain into space; DD's weight isn't an issue IMO. The tricky part is lasting long enough to land a grab and toss. Wrestling skill is something that Herc has over Superman in spades, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility. Not very likely, but possible.

Delta1938
Yep, I've read the DOS saga. Loved it. He's absolutely elite. But not beyond Superman class, as shown in the conclusion. Superman would typically be considered on par with folks with Silver Surfer in versus matches, and Herc, in the rare moments of rage and focus, has shown he can hang with Silver Surfer class foes. He actually murdered an evil Surfer replacement and snapped his board in Twilight of a God, even though it killed him to do so. Would he win a direct fist fight against DD? Nope. He would die. But could he last a bit? Yes. I do believe so. He can dial it up in those rare moments and push himself to Superman-esque levels for short durations, even though it kills him in the end. So can he last long enough to maneuver a grab and toss? That's the only question that matters for me.

I would love to see the scan of Superman deciding to chuck DOS Doomsday into orbit and failing. Tossing him into mud doesn't really apply here; that's a temporary stop gap at best and also not really what I was talking about. I'm specifically referring to DOS Doomsday only (no later versions) and the only (and very slight) win condition I'm proffering for a highly motivated Herc is grabbing DD and tossing him into space. Doomsday was struck several times by foes slower than Clark. You don't need to be "Flash Fast" to hit him. And he was taken off of his feet and sent flying by Maxima, who is also slower (and at least slightly weaker) than Clark. So taking DOS DD off of his feet with Hercules class strength certainly has precedence. Hercules can toss a small mountain into space; DD's weight isn't an issue IMO. The tricky part is lasting long enough to land a grab and toss. Wrestling skill is something that Herc has over Superman in spades, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility. Not very likely, but possible.

Not really impressed by the Surfer comparison to be honest.

Superman tried and failed to fly him into space and I think tried to toss him while in that area around Cadmus with those buildings made from genetically engineered trees, though the later I'm not positive on.

The problem with your argument is Superman wasn't the only one with super speed there. Maxima has super speed herself. And while I don't argue someone has speed merely because they fought someone else with super speed, this had plenty to support Doomsday was written as having some degree of super speed. The Flash comparison even if hyperbole is a clear comparison, and numerous statements when he's facing 3 different opponents all with varying levels of super speed.

Hercules far as I know, has none. And that's even if Hercules would try that tactic.

StiltmanFTW

A good few of fodder incarnations of Doomsday... I see what you're saying, though.

Tanked plenty from a massively amped Juggernaut (enough to challenge and possibly kill Cyttorak himself) and still beat him via BFR.

Colossus can be full of surprises.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Delta1938
Not really impressed by the Surfer comparison to be honest.

Superman tried and failed to fly him into space and I think tried to toss him while in that area around Cadmus with those buildings made from genetically engineered trees, though the later I'm not positive on.

The problem with your argument is Superman wasn't the only one with super speed there. Maxima has super speed herself. And while I don't argue someone has speed merely because they fought someone else with super speed, this had plenty to support Doomsday was written as having some degree of super speed. The Flash comparison even if hyperbole is a clear comparison, and numerous statements when he's facing 3 different opponents all with varying levels of super speed.

Hercules far as I know, has none. And that's even if Hercules would try that tactic.

He actually does have super speed. The Marvel Handbook states he has super strength, speed, and stamina. The older Handbooks had him listed as something like 120mph foot runner, which is akin to early Whizzer. Nothing to write home about there, but his enhanced reflexes are where it's really at. Off the top of my head, when Sentry attempted a fly-by blitz on him, he sidestepped and caught him with ease and then later caught Sentry's punch fairly easily, he's caught missiles out of the air with his hands a few times, he's dodged Mjonlir at close range (Thor's throw can exceed lightspeed), he's tracked and tagged Quick Silver in mid-blitz, and he's done crazy timing stuff like catching US Agent's shield with one hand while looking the other direction and simultaneously arm wrestling someone. And he's never really struggled to keep up with speedster bricks. Heralds, Sentry, Thor, etc. He's no Superman, but he shouldn't have too much trouble landing a strike on Doomsday.

I'm honestly not sure if he'd try the tactic either. I'm only giving it as a bit of a "is there any chance in heck" scenario for Herc to win this. I suppose I don't see the attempt to fly someone into space and failing as quite comparable to tossing someone into space. Superman had to maintain contact while in a vulnerable position to do try that method. Basically bear-hugging and holding on for dear life. Gladiator tried the same thing against Hulk and was swatted down in like fashion. But by contrast, Hercules has grabbed and tossed Hulk before with relative ease. Plus, an upward toss should be easier to surprise someone with versus a somewhat telegraphed bear-hug-into-rocket move.

Delta1938
He actually does have super speed. The Marvel Handbook states he has super strength, speed, and stamina. The older Handbooks had him listed as something like 120mph foot runner, which is akin to early Whizzer. Nothing to write home about there, but his enhanced reflexes are where it's really at. Off the top of my head, when Sentry attempted a fly-by blitz on him, he sidestepped and caught him with ease and then later caught Sentry's punch fairly easily, he's caught missiles out of the air with his hands a few times, he's dodged Mjonlir at close range (Thor's throw can exceed lightspeed), he's tracked and tagged Quick Silver in mid-blitz, and he's done crazy timing stuff like catching US Agent's shield with one hand while looking the other direction and simultaneously arm wrestling someone. And he's never really struggled to keep up with speedster bricks. Heralds, Sentry, Thor, etc. He's no Superman, but he shouldn't have too much trouble landing a strike on Doomsday.

I'm honestly not sure if he'd try the tactic either. I'm only giving it as a bit of a "is there any chance in heck" scenario for Herc to win this. I suppose I don't see the attempt to fly someone into space and failing as quite comparable to tossing someone into space. Superman had to maintain contact while in a vulnerable position to do try that method. Basically bear-hugging and holding on for dear life. Gladiator tried the same thing against Hulk and was swatted down in like fashion. But by contrast, Hercules has grabbed and tossed Hulk before with relative ease. Plus, an upward toss should be easier to surprise someone with versus a somewhat telegraphed bear-hug-into-rocket move.

I'd have to see the Handbooks. For example, though I only saw scans, Hercules was surprised by seeing things move slower when he had Spider-Man's speed, who is maybe a couple hundred MPH. Marvel by and large sucks when it comes to non flight speed with some exceptions, who would still be mediocre in DC.

I'm rather unimpressed by all of that. It's all slower than the 3 with super And speed in DOS. And the problem with your argument was how Doomsday's speed was written there. Like this example Galan has cited(actually his scan).

https://ibb.co/qk3c30R

Doomsday often showed his speed. It's the combination of who he faced and what was stated.

And.....no, Hercules grabbing and tossing someone isn't faster than even what Superman did. You're talking about a guy who had nanosecond feats even in that era. Here's a comparison. The best relevant combat speed feat I saw from Thor was him reacting in microseconds.Plural. But let's exaggerate it and say he reacted in one microsecond(in fact this was Thor reacting to Mjolnir dispelling that it's automatically going to travel FTL).

Let's lowball Superman to only reacting in a nanosecond. A microsecond is one millionth of a second. A nanosecond? One billionth. So even exaggerating Thor and lowballing Superman, that's 1,000 times faster. If we assume Hercules is similar in speed to Thor, that would mean what feels like a second to Hercules would feel like almost 17 minutes to Superman. And this is me weighting it in favor of Hercules.

abhilegend

Lol, lmao even. Hercules is slow as shit, just like Thor.

h1a8

Looking at those feats vs you type them is a massive difference. Those feats (if you actually look at them) are garbage. In no way, will a reasonable person believe that herc has ANY type of superspeed. He did nothing a regular skilled human could do. Missiles are slow as hell when first launch (especially fictional missiles). Thor can throw is hammer at speeds of a human fastball at times (varies). Etc.
Plus there are vastly different levels of superspeed. For example, Seeing bullets nearly frozen is totally different than bullet speed itself.

carver9
Abhi, we agree that Doomsday speed is less than Shadow Dragon? Superman couldn't even touch SD and admitted he had to up his speed and STILL couldn't touch him. SD >>>> Doomsday? Let's start there first.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lol, lmao even. Hercules is slow as shit, just like Thor.

So is Doomsday

Juntai
Abhi, we agree that Doomsday speed is less than Shadow Dragon? Superman couldn't even touch SD and admitted he had to up his speed and STILL couldn't touch him. SD >>>> Doomsday? Let's start there first. Stupid argument. Superman guages what he thinks his opponents can handle so not to overdue it. He missed shadow dragon, then 'doubled his speed' and missed again. Nothing to suggest he was ever maxing out past his limit, especially considering Shadow Dragon wasn't about to beat him to 'death' and potential destroy the planet.

We can see this with consistency in Superman. In his fight against Black Adam, he was steadily increasing the power of his shots as he was moving civilians out of harms way.

Or at other times, calculating melting points mid fight.

Or a thousand other examples of him increasing as fights go on.

Superman has to balance operating at .000000000001% of his power while on Earth alongside with using enough energy to stop bad guys, so as not to blow the planet to pieces. Which we know he can do while dying, with no stars, and so weak he can't even fly, just by trying to jump.

It's not that Superman wasn't fast enough to handle Shadow Dragon. it's that he underestimated him.
The same is not true for Doomsday.

Juntai
While we're on the topic of enhanced super soldier characters like Shadow Dragon, lets talk about Hulk catching a one sided ass whooping by Captain America with no plot bullshit to try to explain it.

I guess that's just how high we should consider his durability, right?

Delta1938
The lengths Derrick will go to when he gets rapped without lube to convince himself he's the one doing to raping. He's outright lied accusing me of lying when I proved him wrong.

abhilegend
Abhi, we agree that Doomsday speed is less than Shadow Dragon? Superman couldn't even touch SD and admitted he had to up his speed and STILL couldn't touch him. SD >>>> Doomsday? Let's start there first.
Hercules literally needed band-aids from a sabretooth tiger's scratch lol.

https://i.postimg.cc/t7KncQ3Q/image.jpg

Doomsday might rip him in half by accident.

Delta1938

And I know it was Thor, not Hercules, but Thor cut himself shaving.

https://i.imgur.io/2210Ap7_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Their durability being so similar, not looking good for Hercules. Ironically I see Colossus taking that better.

carver9
Stupid argument. Superman guages what he thinks his opponents can handle so not to overdue it. He missed shadow dragon, then 'doubled his speed' and missed again. Nothing to suggest he was ever maxing out past his limit, especially considering Shadow Dragon wasn't about to beat him to 'death' and potential destroy the planet.

We can see this with consistency in Superman. In his fight against Black Adam, he was steadily increasing the power of his shots as he was moving civilians out of harms way.

Or at other times, calculating melting points mid fight.

Or a thousand other examples of him increasing as fights go on.

Superman has to balance operating at .000000000001% of his power while on Earth alongside with using enough energy to stop bad guys, so as not to blow the planet to pieces. Which we know he can do while dying, with no stars, and so weak he can't even fly, just by trying to jump.

It's not that Superman wasn't fast enough to handle Shadow Dragon. it's that he underestimated him.
The same is not true for Doomsday.

So you're saying Superman wanted to punch Shadow Dragon but at the same time, he double his speed because he didn't want to grab/punch SD? I learn something new every day (how you tend to make excuses for everything).

Anyways, we get a reading on Doomsdays speed by the end of DOS...

https://ibb.co/xSg9qQn

Let me guess, Doomsday was holding back his speed so that he doesn't damage Earth and hurt the humans around him?

carver9

Herc has better speed fts, lol.

abhilegend
Herc has better speed fts, lol.
Like? Name one speed feat from Hercules LMFAO.

Delta1938
I noticed carter isn't replying to me. How cowardly of him. I guess he concedes I'm his superior.

carver9
While we're on the topic of enhanced super soldier characters like Shadow Dragon, lets talk about Hulk catching a one sided ass whooping by Captain America with no plot bullshit to try to explain it.

I guess that's just how high we should consider his durability, right?

Hulk isn't in this thread. Stay in topic.

Delta1938
Hulk isn't in this thread. Stay in topic.

So how about the speed feats Abhi asked for?

Thinkerer
Doomsday wins after a short tussle.

StiltmanFTW

Both Ka-Zar and Zabu are enhanced. Thanks to Place of Mists. As you reminded us years ago stick out tongue

Doomsday failed to kill shieldless Booster Gold with his punches... and resorted to knocking him out with a car door, something his fists were clearly incapable of.

Delta1938
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Both Ka-Zar and Zabu are enhanced. Thanks to Place of Mists. As you reminded us years ago stick out tongue

Doomsday failed to kill shieldless Booster Gold with his punches... and resorted to knocking him out with a car door, something his fists were clearly incapable of.

Comics, my Polish troll.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Did I? Lmao, I have no memory of it.

Juntai

carver9
So he wasn't trying to hit Shadow Dragon? Gotcha. Never thought of Supes as a compulsive liar. Also, we literally get a speed quoted on Doomsday during DOS, and yes, lol, he wasn't holding back his speed.

Delta1938
So he wasn't trying to hit Shadow Dragon? Gotcha. Never thought of Supes as a compulsive liar. Also, we literally get a speed quoted on Doomsday during DOS, and yes, lol, he wasn't holding back his speed.

Your response means either you're lying or a complete idiot.

While both can apply, which uis it, my fearful one?

carver9
So Superman wasn't trying to hit Shadow Dragon?

Delta1938
So Superman wasn't trying to hit Shadow Dragon?

You're either not comprehending the differences in the scenes or are wilfully and dishonestly twisting it because your argument is trash. Just like your excuses for not doing the BZ you agreed to and backed down from.....twice.

Hey, since I brought it up and you're replying, are we going to have our BZ or will you continue to make excuses to run away?

Juntai

Juntai
Then we take those facts, and keep in mind Superman cut loose with a level of power he had never tried to do before against Doomsday. It was his first time touching a glimpse of his potential.

Juntai

Juntai
But you think ****in Colossus solos.

laughing

carver9
Then we take those facts, and keep in mind Superman cut loose with a level of power he had never tried to do before against Doomsday. It was his first time touching a glimpse of his potential.

A level of power he had never tried? Where did you get that from?. He admits he nearly fell unconscious...

https://ibb.co/QCcvQ9N

He was exhausted...

https://ibb.co/MMRQ7D7

Even the narrator call both of them weary boxers. BOTH!!!

https://ibb.co/wsDpJCW

What does weary mean you ask? "Feeling or showing of tiredness, especially as a result of excessive exertion or lack of sleep".

BOTH, Superman and Doomsday was tired and exhausted. Superman wore him down and he was wore down as well, to the point that it caused him his death. So we have a nearly unconscious, exhausted, weary, and tired Superman and Doomsday fighting to the death. At one point, he was struggling to fly. He admits his legs felt like jelly. Same thing happened with Doomsday. So if a near unconscious Superman is more powerful than a fresh Superman, that just tells us a lot about DC.

carver9
But you think ****in Colossus solos.

laughing

DOS Superman, the entire run is full of nothing but low showings. If we go by the power levels in that book, a high end Colossus merks.

Juntai
Are you just trying to get dogwalked post after post?

Yes, it was only Superman's last ditch all out attacks that finally weakened Doomsday, nothing before that did -- Superman surging with energy, tapped into reserves of power he'd never tapped before, and used blows he had never dared use on a living being:

Juntai
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/DeathofSuperman-RogerSternNoveli-1.jpg

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/DeathofSuperman-RogerSternNovelisat.jpg

Juntai
Even in the No Limits storyline in the build up to Our Worlds at War nearly a decade later, Superman told Lois that specific time at the very end of that fight, the last moments, was the only time in his life he stopped pulling the punches.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1999%20Dec-Feb%20No%20Limits%20Superman%20152-153/Supermanv2152-15.jpg

Juntai

h1a8
DOS Superman, the entire run is full of nothing but low showings. If we go by the power levels in that book, a high end Colossus merks. So shaking Metropolis to its foundation (buildings collapse, etc) as a side effect of punching someone is a low showing for Colossus? Just for shots and giggles, guess how much force it takes for one to strike something (indestructible) and just shatter 1 skyscraper window hundreds of feet away?
Here's a hunt: It's well more than a thousand tons of force (just 1 window mind you). Colossus at best can only lift a few hundred tons.

Jumping 50 miles at a time is a low showing? That's more than 15 times stronger than Savage Hulk's average leap. Moving faster than flash is a low showing for Colossus? Collapsing an entire bridge (that weighs tens of thousands of tons) with a backhand strike from left hand is a low showing?

Delta1938
A level of power he had never tried? Where did you get that from?. He admits he nearly fell unconscious...

https://ibb.co/QCcvQ9N

He was exhausted...

https://ibb.co/MMRQ7D7

Even the narrator call both of them weary boxers. BOTH!!!

https://ibb.co/wsDpJCW

What does weary mean you ask? "Feeling or showing of tiredness, especially as a result of excessive exertion or lack of sleep".

BOTH, Superman and Doomsday was tired and exhausted. Superman wore him down and he was wore down as well, to the point that it caused him his death. So we have a nearly unconscious, exhausted, weary, and tired Superman and Doomsday fighting to the death. At one point, he was struggling to fly. He admits his legs felt like jelly. Same thing happened with Doomsday. So if a near unconscious Superman is more powerful than a fresh Superman, that just tells us a lot about DC.

You'll never admit it because you refuse to concede you're wrong, but it was Superman's dynamic powers. An exhausted and injured Superman went from hurting his fists on Doomsday to beating him to death. And yes, Doomsday got stronger, you're pulling Doomsday being exhausted out of your ass.

You have already been proven wrong on Superman's dynamic powers but refuse to admit it, because you're a dishonest hypocrite.

kevdude
^happy
Doomsday still wins.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
So shaking Metropolis to its foundation (buildings collapse, etc) as a side effect of punching someone is a low showing for Colossus? Just for shots and giggles, guess how much force it takes for one to strike something (indestructible) and just shatter 1 skyscraper window hundreds of feet away?
Here's a hunt: It's well more than a thousand tons of force (just 1 window mind you). Colossus at best can only lift a few hundred tons.

Jumping 50 miles at a time is a low showing? That's more than 15 times stronger than Savage Hulk's average leap. Moving faster than flash is a low showing for Colossus? Collapsing an entire bridge (that weighs tens of thousands of tons) with a backhand strike from left hand is a low showing?

The actual fts you've named is lame AF, and shaking Metropolis happened outside of DOS. Looking primarily at everything that happened within DOS, the comic, these characters were operating at best, high meta to low Herald.

carver9
Are you just trying to get dogwalked post after post?

Yes, it was only Superman's last ditch all out attacks that finally weakened Doomsday, nothing before that did -- Superman surging with energy, tapped into reserves of power he'd never tapped before, and used blows he had never dared use on a living being:

That's NOT what the comic said. The comic explicitly mentions Doomsday and Supes being fatigued. The COMIC.

Delta1938
That's NOT what the comic said. The comic explicitly mentions Doomsday and Supes being fatigued. The COMIC.

OD on the copium, fearful one.

qwertyuiop1998
The comic explicitly mentions Superman only hurt Doomsday in the end of their fight.
https://ibb.co/RDy53s4
And in the later comics also explicitly mention Superman completely stopped holding back only at the end of their fight in his entire life. Doomsday was getting stronger before Superman entered his Super-Kryptonian mode
Even in the No Limits storyline in the build up to Our Worlds at War nearly a decade later, Superman told Lois that specific time at the very end of that fight, the last moments, was the only time in his life he stopped pulling the punches.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1999%20Dec-Feb%20No%20Limits%20Superman%20152-153/Supermanv2152-15.jpg
https://ibb.co/7zwtFdf
https://ibb.co/NW071pb

IOW, Doomsday was getting stronger through their fight, so if Superman wanted to actually begin hurting and weakening Doomsday, his punches must be at a level that he never tried to use before (and the comics also made it very clear. That it's the first time Superman completely stopped holding back to support the Superman tried using a level of power he dared not used before)

Edit:
The original comic also actually mentioned Doomsday's getting stronger during their fight, especially when we retrospectively look at Doomsday's powerset
https://ibb.co/SxbJ3h9

carver9
You're posting things AFTER the original comic. The actual scene mentions both fighters being weary. Don't know why you all praise that book when it has some of thr worst showings in Superman and Doomsday history.

Juntai
That's NOT what the comic said. The comic explicitly mentions Doomsday and Supes being fatigued. The COMIC. It's what is depicted in the comic.

For the final blow they laid everything on the line, like many boxers or MMA fighters at the end of the final round. That description doesn't change anything.

Superman reaching deep and cutting loose with a different level of power started just a bit before that.
It started when Lois got threatened.
And the more he let go, the more he was actual hurting Doomsday.

Doomsday's first time being actually hurt was in the final pages of the comic.
He went from completely unstoppable and unharmed to beat to death in the span of a heat vision blast and 2 punches.

Superman in those few moments was stronger than he had ever been before, or as he told us in the issue a decade later, it was more than he had ever cut loose even by then.

Do you understand what you're reading when you look at comics? I have to wonder that quite frequently.

And the other comics references to this story are only corroborating what is already in the book.

Also,

The novelization is the script for the comic. It's one and the same. It has the issue numbers, and page and panel references in it. The writer of the novelization, Roger Stern, was the Senior Superman writer, the writer on Action Comics, and the script writer for Death and Return of Superman series. OF THE COMIC. Look at the Death and Return of Superman Omnibus on Amazon and you'll see he's listed as the Author.

Delta1938
You're posting things AFTER the original comic. The actual scene mentions both fighters being weary. Don't know why you all praise that book when it has some of thr worst showings in Superman and Doomsday history.

What's your origin story? Crack baby? Repeatedly dropped on yiur head as an infant? Long term inbreeding? All of the above?

abhilegend
Are you so retarded you can't understand what continuity is?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.