The Creator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jaden_3.0
573GCxqkYEg

Could go either way, this. Certainly looks like it has potential but might end up as crap as The Tomorrow War. Although it's an actual movie studio making it for cinemas rather than one of the streaming services that just churn out 99% shit "content"

Gareth Edwards directs (doesn't fill me with confidence tbh)

Kazenji
Movie could go either way with Gareth Edwards being the director.

Robtard
Premise looks cool, though nothing we've not seen before. I enjoyed all three of Edwards' previous films.

Patient_Leech
You don't go to heaven by being a good person. You go to heaven by accepting Jesus' blood sacrifice into your heart and ceremoniously drinking his blood and eating his flesh every Sunday. Duh. Oh, also if you die defending Allah in the great Jihad or some shit. Either one. This movie is factually incorrect! Shame!

But in all seriousness, this could potentially be a Dune prequel... the Butlerian Jihad.

Kazenji
ex3C1-5Dhb8

ares834
Cool aesthetic.

riv6672
Pass.

Kazenji
Found out that they re-used the explosion that happen in Beirut in the trailer.

jaden_2.0
Early reactions are that this is one of the best original scifi movies in decades and that it's the best movie of the year. Can't wait for next week.

jaden_2.0
3Jrc-rIgS3U?si=IquOTWe8A-pky1zx

rudester
Beats Will Smith's movie I Robot

Robtard
Plan on being there opening night.

Old Man Whirly!
It's on here now I think I might go watch it Sunday. On the day of rest.

rudester
This movie is so predictable. I dont even need to watch it to know what's going to happen. Man finds boy, boy is the leader of the robots. Man sees boy is just a boy and so he let's him live. Robot ends up being the last survivor of the human race, even though he was a robot. stick out tongue

Kazenji
Who cares if it is predictable, As long as its entertaining.

rudester
Astro Boy
Robocop
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
I Robot
Alita
All the same movie. laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by rudester
Astro Boy
Robocop
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
I Robot
Alita
All the same movie. laughing

You're mixing robots, androids and cyborgs as all the same.

Do you even SciFi, bro?

rudester
The conundrum continues! I nerd bruh! R2D2, DATA, Seven of Nine. It's all the same bro. stick out tongue

Robtard
Originally posted by rudester
The conundrum continues! I nerd bruh! R2D2, DATA, Seven of Nine. It's all the same bro. stick out tongue

R2D2 = Robot
Data = Android
Seven of Nine = Cyborg

YOU.DONT.EVEN.SCIFI!

GTFO my thread.

rudester
laughing When you are in the movie theater and that little shitt gets chosen to live, I want you to think of me.

riv6672
Originally posted by Robtard
R2D2 = Robot
Data = Android
Seven of Nine = Cyborg

YOU.DONT.EVEN.SCIFI!

GTFO my thread.

^^^ hysterical

Khazra Reborn
Looks ok, I'm not a big fan of John David Washington, though. Can't hold a candle to his dad imo.

riv6672
^^^Didnt know they were related.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Looks ok, I'm not a big fan of John David Washington, though. Can't hold a candle to his dad imo. thumb up

Robtard
He's not on the same level as his dad, but he has a few decent roles under his belt.

riv6672

Robtard
I need to watch Tenet a second time, to see what I missed the first go, maybe it will improve some.

riv6672
I need to watch Tenet a second time, to see what I missed the first go, maybe it will improve some.
^^^AKA post if that actually helps!

jaden_2.0
So this wasn't as good as I'd hoped. It suffered from the same issue as Rogue One, at least for me, in that I just didn't care much about most of the characters. One of the unexpected highlights is that Madeleine Yuna Voyles really is excellent despite being so young and this being her first role.
Unfortunately visuals just can't hold a film up on its own.

Robtard
Good lord, I was coming in to say almost the exact same thing. I didn't care much about anyone except the kid. Pacing also suffered with dull parts.

Still worth the watch, imo, as the effects are top tier. But a let down as I had high hopes.

I disagree with Rogue One though, I really enjoyed that.

jaden_2.0
I still hope it does well so more studios will take risks on original IPs and a lot of usually skeptical critics as well as more mainstream ones all seem to be enjoying it but it just didn't hit the mark for me at least in the first 2 acts. It improved a lot in the third act tbf.

Robtard
I did like the clear dig at China with the kneeling Buddhist monks being shot scene.

Going to watch it at leas one more time at home when it's released. Maybe the story will improve some, doubt it though.

riv6672
I did like the clear dig at China with the kneeling Buddhist monks being shot scene.

^^^Thats been happening to those mooks for thousands of years.

Patient_Leech
I watched this. Found it pretty boring.

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
So this wasn't as good as I'd hoped. It suffered from the same issue as Rogue One, at least for me, in that I just didn't care much about most of the characters. One of the unexpected highlights is that Madeleine Yuna Voyles really is excellent despite being so young and this being her first role.
Unfortunately visuals just can't hold a film up on its own.

I basically agree with this. Great visuals and I'm astonished that the budget was only, what... $80 million? (I think that's what I heard, anyway). It looks a helluva lot more expense than that. But I didn't really care for the story at all. The "go to heaven" crap was just cringy to me.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I watched this. Found it pretty boring.

I basically agree with this. Great visuals and I'm astonished that the budget was only, what... $80 million? (I think that's what I heard, anyway). It looks a helluva lot more expense than that. But I didn't really care for the story at all. The "go to heaven" crap was just cringy to me.

I'm guessing Edwards keeps the budget tight by sticking to the storyboarding and knowing way in advance how every scene should look. Angles, lighting etc.

One of the reasons the MCU budgets keep spiralling out of control is because directors keep going back to the CGI houses with more and more changes in post production.

Patient_Leech
I think I read that he makes it like an indie production, with minimal crew on set, too.

Patient_Leech
And what the **** was with the 2.76:1 aspect ratio?

There's no need for that, especially when you know the film is going to live on with 16:9 TVs.

jaden_2.0
Aspect ratio, at least at the cinema, is something that's never really bothered me regardless of what they use.

There was something I watched maybe 4 or 5 years ago where they kept wildly changing the ratio during the film and I expected remember thinking it was a bit distracting. Couldn't have bothered me too much cos I can't remember what it was.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, at the theater it doesn't matter, but it looked terrible on my TV, which is where I watched it.

I put on one of the Transformers movies (I think maybe the 3rd one?) for my son and it was rapidly changing ratios in obnoxious fashion, so I know what you mean.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.