God is a Bullet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jaden_3.0
PNBmG5kZ5fw

Robtard
Looks mid-level, tbh.

Something I'll watch for free at home though.

Jaden_3.0

BruceSkywalker
i do rather enjy novels turned into movies but this I shall watch free of charge

Patient_Leech
Yeah, Shot Caller is fantastic.

This looks pretty good, too. This generation's Taken.

Will definitely keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

Patient_Leech
Although it could get on my nerves with the Satan worshippers stereotyped as some sort of child raping ring. Quite the opposite, in fact.

But whatever, will still potentially give it a chance...

Robtard

Jaden_3.0
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, Shot Caller is fantastic.

Originally posted by Robtard
I did really enjoy Shot Caller, which surprised me as I went in not expecting too much.

Yeah. Very underrated movie. Apparently, according to youtubers who cover that kind of stuff, one of the most true to life US prison movies in regards to how the gangs work

Patient_Leech
I watched this. Liked it. *shrug*

Especially if you like some bloody, ultra-violence.

Although I wasn't sure how Casey survived the suffocation with the bag at the end... I guess someone poked a hole in it?

Robtard
Forgot about this, I assume it's streaming now. Will go look tonight.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I was kind of fifty-fifty on whether to watch it or not because of the stupid satanic thing, because real criminals don't put targets on themselves by dressing up like Satanists. Real criminals (as you know, Rob) hide behind religion as priests and preachers or as politicians. So in that sense it's not very realistic, but I got past it and enjoyed the movie. Some of the writing (dialogues/monologues) could have been a little better, but it's serviceable for the premise and violent set-pieces.

I'm liking some of Jamie Lannister's lesser-known, more independent film projects. I wonder if he has any other gems I'm not familiar with (like the aforementioned Shot Caller, which is effing brilliant). I'll have to look into it...

Lol... fun fact: God is a Bullet from Nick Cassavetes, director of The Notebook...

https://movieposters2.com/images/645977-b.jpg

laughing out loud

Robtard
Watched last night, found it to be largely meh, didn't hate it, but not something I'd recommend or ever watch again.

He's good in Headhunters (2011), a Norwegian film. A good film all around.

Patient_Leech
Watched last night, found it to be largely meh, didn't hate it, but not something I'd recommend or ever watch again.

Oh, c'mon... admit it, you spanked it to some of that nice sexy ultraviolence, didn't you?

https://media.tenor.com/zVr5LwoW3ZEAAAAM/yes-alex-delarge.gif

He's good in Headhunters (2011), a Norwegian film. A good film all around.

That looks pretty good. I tried the trailers for some of his other lesser-known films and the trailers bored me, so probably not a good sign for the full films.

He's also really good in Gods of Egypt...

it's got a great cast... what could go wrong? laughing out loud

https://resizing.flixster.com/-XZAfHZM39UwaGJIFWKAE8fS0ak=/v3/t/assets/p12235707_p_v8_ah.jpg

Robtard
The violence was there, but that was not enough for me.

God's of Egypt is a terrible film, but also a bit of guilty pleasure of mine.

Patient_Leech
The violence was there, but that was not enough for me.

It felt like kind of a gritty graphic novel to me, which I liked.

God's of Egypt is a terrible film, but also a bit of guilty pleasure of mine.

Same. Some aspects I found more watchable than I was expecting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.