Extraction 2 (Netflix)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12263384/

Y274jZs5s7s

Director: Sam Hargrave

Writer: Joe Russo

Release date: June 16th

"After barely surviving his grievous wounds from his mission in Dhaka, Bangladesh, Tyler Rake is back, and his team is ready to take on their next mission."

I loved the first one, reminded me of a proper 90s straight up action film. Looking forward to this being on the same level, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be dirty ass like so many sequels do.

Jaden_3.0
The first one got excellent reviews all round but I just couldn't get into it. Tried 2 or 3 times and always ended up switching it off. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood. Will try one more time.

Robtard
If you're in the mood for a deep story and scintillating dialogue, do not watch. It only offers great and fast-paced action.

Estacado
The action scenes were really good in this one.

BruceSkywalker
gonna watch shortly

KingD19
Sandro made me not like this movie. Would've been a lot better without him in it. Or at least if he wasn't who he was.

Estacado
Yeah he was a total b1tch should have been blown to pieces.

The action and some of the close quarter fights were JW lvl stuff.

The fight in the gym area was freakin awesome.

Robtard
Not as good as the first, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The action in this was turned all the way up, videogame levels up at times.

People hating on the teenage boy for being a little shit are being kinda silly, it's literally the character. He's a shitty teenager who grew up in a shit situation and he doesn't think beyond his immediate feelings.

Idris Elba was wasted in this, brilliant actor, giving a tiny role anyone could have done.

Bring on part three

KingD19
Originally posted by Robtard
Not as good as the first, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The action in this was turned all the way up, videogame levels up at times.

People hating on the teenage boy for being a little shit are being kinda silly, it's literally the character. He's a shitty teenager who grew up in a shit situation and he doesn't think beyond his immediate feelings.

Idris Elba was wasted in this, brilliant actor, giving a tiny role anyone could have done.

Bring on part three

That "being the character " doesn't negate the fact that his actions got multiple people hurt and killed and he ignored what was right in his face. He was there for his mom getting abused and his dad being shitty and him LITERALLY STICKING THEM IN A PRISON CELL FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS so that he wouldn't be lonely.

Then he ignores his mom and Rake telling him his dad was gonna kill his mom despite witnessing the verbal and physical abuse the entire time they're locked up and asks his uncle despite knowing there was no way he'd have a clue since he wasnt there.

And after he gives them up, surprise surprise, his uncle is an evil bastard and shows him he was that way all along. And after all that, he gets off scot free and gets put in WitSec. Doesn't even get a stern talking to for all his bullshit and getting Yaz killed. If anything I'd say he was designed to be hated because you can't be that much of a shit on accident.

Robtard
His teenage shittiness and idiocy was a driving force for the pot, movie would have been over in 30-40 minutes if not as is.

Designed to be hated like say Commodus and Amon Goeth? Maybe, but I didn't really see his writing being meant that way.

I didn't end up hating him at least, he's an idiot and a moron, but factor in how he grew up and his age.

KingD19
I agree the movie wouldn't have been a movie if Sandro hadn't been Sandro. They just would've safely gotten out of the prison and gone home. And the type of character he is is tailor made to bring out the anger in people. And Sandro's so good at it multiple outlets are reporting about how much people hated him. People are hating on him in droves on twitter, etc...

Even factoring in his history, he makes several incredibly stupid choices. And I think the crux of the issue isn't that he does all these things. It's that he does these things, gets away without a single injury while other people around him crash and burn, and then there are no consequences for him whatsoever at the end. If he at least had some sort of redemption arc or character growth, people wouldn't be so upset.

Robtard
Maybe I'm in the minority then. Cos moron 100%, but no real hate here.

And kudos to the writers if that was the intention, they seem to have accomplished what they wanted

Jaden_3.0
This was decent. Not exactly the renaissance of action films some reviewers are making it out to be but decent. Gareth Evans and Chad Stahelski are still better at doing this kind of action. Arguably Ilya Naishuller as well.

Robtard
Hoping the 3rd film takes place in Central America and it's titled Extraction 3: El Extraciono

BruceSkywalker
i can always tell when the russo's write something

this was pretty good even though it started slow as frack..

THOR I mean Chris Hemsworth choose a good action script

part 3 will undoubtedly happen once the strike is over...

Old Man Whirly!
I thought this was really bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.