garry oldman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Seraph

Malfoy's chick
Yep he is gonna play him

loz
beer

Lupin
Yup, Gary Oldman is.

Phoenix
YAY!

Braavosi
Well that's really too bad cause he's a great actor and I would love to see him in more than three movies...

Malfoy's chick
Guess what, a friend told me he knew Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) and thats how he got in. My friend told me so i don't know if it's true or not

Lupin
Gary Oldman plays baddies usually.

brookealicious6
Who's Gary Oldman?! What shows/movies has he been in? I want to know who will play Moody. That will be interesting (book/movie 4, if they do one!)

VampVicious
I dun think Gary Oldman is fit for the character.. I mean, yeah Sirius must b a rather dark person, but he should b fun, too. I dun see Gary Oldman for Sirius. Dats juss my thought smile

btw, does neone know who's gonna play Lupin?

hpluva14
K the cast is Gary Oldman will play a new character, Sirius Black. Timothy Spall will play another new character, Peter Pettigrew. David Thewlis will play Professor Lupin. Pam Ferris will play Aunt Marge, and British comic Paul Whitehouse will play Sir Caddogan. And Michael Gambon will be Albus Dumbledore.

hpluva14
1/2 of those i dont noe who they r but u noe o well

VampVicious
ya know who should b Sirius??
Viggo Mortensen .. when he played Aragorn.. he can show dat he's all dark, seems like he's always in the war.. but still good looking.
n for Lupin.. I was hoping Ewan McGregor stick out tongue

am makin such a fuss out of it.. but those two (along wid james, Fred n George) r my fave characters stick out tongue

BellaButterfly
I wanted EWan Mcgregor to be Lupin as well! I think EWan is gorgeous!
Does anybody know why ewan won't be playing Lupin's part?

VampVicious
glad sumone's agree..
I dun even know of Ewan considering (or been called) to play Lupin in the first place.. i thought dat was only a rumour?! T__T

BellaButterfly
Oh Ok! It probably was! thank you Vamp stick out tongue

jennyanderson
Look, I know that this is a Garry Oldman website, so will the GO fan please forgive me for saying these. I don't think that Garry Oldman would do any justice by playing the role of Sirius Black. He plays the bad guys most of the time, and that image of him in the Fifth Element is simply horrible ( with half his hair gone, and what not), and hes 43 or something, whereas Sirius is only 35-6. I must also add that when I heard the news that he will be playing Sirius Black I quickly went to search the inter net, and was a highly annoyed to find out that he is highly ugly, not only that but also that he is only 5'10 inches tall, Sirius is suppose to be 6'5 inches, Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) is already 6'1 inches high. And do I need to mention that I rented the movie 5th Element (which was a lot of hassle, since it was released a long time ago and not very popular, so I had to go about 11 stores) with a hope that the actor who plays Sirius will be a drop dead gorgous hunk, but only to be highly angered and disappointed in the end. And if the casting director of PoA is reading this, then listen carefully, Sirius Black is suppose to be extremely good looking, sexy and tall; you should have picked someone like Viggo Mortensen ( after all New Line Cinema and Warner Brothers are sister company), or Johnny Depp, or Hugh Grant (after all he IS British!), or Hugh Jackman, or Robson Green. And did you guys see who plays Lupin? He looks like a complete jerk.

CandyKoRn
Firstly, that was his character in The Fifth Element, not GO's taste...
And what about the other Characters in HP? Albus Dumbledore is ancient, doesn't mean that the guy who played him was, does it?

you seem to be placing all your opinion of him into what he did in the 5th Element, just because you didn't like what he done in that doesn't mean he isn't right for the part of Sirius Black.

I, personally think he'd be great. He's good on humour aswell as being the bad guy, of which he doesn't ALWAYS play, for E.g, Bram Stoker's Dracula ..

Get your facts straight, your opinions are totally unjustified.
Also, he's a great guy aswell as a great Actor..

Enough from me, and if you haven't already noticed, I love this guy.

Go Gary!! WoOOoo!!

jennyanderson
Hey, look man, I've already apologized, so there is no need to get all upset OK. Anyway, I still don't like Garry Oldman, and still thinks that casting him in the role of Sirius Black was and still is, a huge mistake. No offence guys, but if you ask me, I'd say they should've casted some one like Viggo Mortensen or Christian Bale ( I've recently seen his picture, and believe me, he is THE sexiest beast alive!) in the role of Sirius Black. And also, I still think that David Thewlis looks like a complete jerk ( and in case your wondering who is he, go and watch Dragonheart, believe me, you'd say the same thing too!).

its_magic
i reckon lupin is da best person to play him cause he has to have a tiered look about him and he fits the part well and viggo would be perfect for the part of sirus but i am just as happy with garry he is good i realy liked him in the fith element.

jennyanderson
Ooops, sorry for not mentioning this before; my pesky little brother was annoying me, so I forgot to add this previously. Anyway, I only wanted to say that I've also watched Air Force One, Scarlett letter ( or something like that), Bram Strokers Dracula, and another movie he played which has the word 'romance' in it in the title; and still thinks that he is so Not fit for the role of Sirius Black. And do I need to say that I had to go to about a dozen stores just to rent this movies?

its_magic
well t hey didnt pick him for his looks

its_magic
lol

jennyanderson
Yeah, right, whatever. Look, you stand by your opinion, and I'll stand by mine.

jennyanderson
Yeah, right, whatever. Look, you stand by your opinion, and I'll stand by mine. They should've picked Ewan McGregor to play Lupin. He is handsome, looks great and innocent when he is ill, and whats more he does'nt look like a jerk.

jennyanderson
Yeah, right, whatever. Look, you stand by your opinion and I'll stand by mine. Anyway, they should've picked Ewan McGregor to play Lupin. He looks handsome even when he is ill, and has that innocent look that is so much needed to portray Lupin.

its_magic
damn ur bit fiesty no need to get angry i was just saying that viggo would of been a better sirus black but only because of his looks dont know if he can act the part of a covicted wizard

orlisgrl15
i have a pic of the man who is going to play Sirius and i think he is going to be and look great when his makeup on. i cant wait to see The Prisoner of Azkaban!!! does ne one know when its coming out cuz i heared that its cuming out in 2004 is that true?

SlayerChick1188
Yeah....summer of 2004 i think...a messed up time i know... what happened to Thanksgiving?

orlisgrl15
oh. i wish it could of been this novermber like last year. it was getting to be kind of a tradition 4 me to go see hp on thanksgiving ya know wat i mean. oh well. i cant wait to see it anyways!!! happy

jennyanderson
Yeah, right, whatever. Look, you stand by your opinion and I'll stand by mine, OK? Anyway, they should've picked some one like Ewan McGregor to play Lupin because he looks ill most of the time but somehow also appears to be innocent and handsome, not like David Thewlis who looks like a.....you know, done something to a certain someone, without their consent. Oh, I forgot to add this before, I've also watched Bram Stroker's Dracula, Air Force One, Scarlett Letter (or something like that), and some other movie which has the word 'romance' in it's title; and my verdict......I still don't like him! The thought of him getting romantic and all misty eyed with some girl just creeped me up, I mean Sirius is the kind of man, whom every girl wants, but he is not the kind of man that can be tied down or some one who searches for love, and will do anything for it.....he is the James Bond in the HP series for crying out loud! It's all there! His stubbourness, loyalty, determination and the ability to provide the fuel in any explosive situations, and a character like that truly deserves a great looking actor to bring him to life. And I'm gonna write to JK Rowling to bring him back! Anyway, TOODLES!!

Phoenix
bumping

midnightshadow
i agree with Jennyanderson that David Thewlis will make a crap lupin and can someone please tell me what bumping is?! im new to this and really confused!

midnightshadow
DAVID THEWLIS????? URGH!!

celestial_moon
i know...he has a mustache! does lupin sound like the kind of guy 2 wear 1? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Laviera_j
No way! And his accent is appaling!!!!!!

midnightshadow
tell me about it i saw him in Dragon Heart and he was sooooo irritating i cant possobly see him as Lupin.... im really worried that he'll ruin it. i hope not because this is one of my favorite books and Lupin is my fav charecter after sirius of course.
(sorry to go off topic, i know this is a gary oldman site)
goin back to topic i think that gary should be given the benifit of the doubt he is good at playin dark charecters, even though hes not how i pictured sirius.

celestial_moon
i know...he could b good but a lot of ppl were disappointed in his casting. as 4 david thewlis, he acts like lupin but doesnt look it.

Townsend'sAngel
Gary Oldman!
wink

The best cast would be Stuart Townsend for sirius. Then Alexis Denisof for Lupin. If you see his picture you'd know why.
Ahhh....that's all. Gary Oldman's good though. But too old.

ladygrim
Too old nah ... i think he played sirius quite well...

RoguePw25
Another old thread. Continue discussing Sirius and the actor here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=290316&highlight=garry+oldman

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.