What characters have you changed your opinion on the most?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordGod
Since your time here at KMC, what characters have you changed your opinions on the most (for better or for worse) after learning more about them from debating and whatnot?

DeadpoolXXX
thor and surfer are up there, and not for the better.

h1a8
Surfer, Hulk, Thor, Thanos

zopzop
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
thor and surfer are up there, and not for the better.
Thor especially. Yikes!

qwertyuiop1998
In terms of changing my opinions. I would say Flash and Superman, or rather, the ability of speed

Before I joined KMC, I really don't think speed plays such vital role in VS battles

Edit:
Or like others said. Thor is up there, but for the worse lol

Thinkerer
That all DC characters are more overpowered than I thought, walking plot devices.

zopzop
Originally posted by Thinkerer
That all DC characters are more overpowered than I thought, walking plot devices.
And you'll notice the easily spotted exceptions to this rule; DC writers hate the Shazam/Marvel family of characters.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
And you'll notice the easily spotted exceptions to this rule; DC writers hate the Shazam/Marvel family of characters.
Just because Superman beats Shazam doesn't mean DC hates him.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Just because Superman beats Shazam doesn't mean DC hates him.
It's not just Superman (everyone loses to him except when they are hyping 'gurl boss' Wonder Woman). Unlike other DC heroes they don't have a 'super Saiyan' mode where they can tap a deeper well of power to get things done (Superman sundips, Flash has the speedforce, Hal Jordan doing Hal Jordan things, etc..).

tkitna
I used to like Superman until this place.

cdtm
Iron Fist! I used to think he was awesome, now I know he's super mega awesome. thumb up

carver9
Hulk (he's literally one of the most powerful beings in Marvel right now), Surfer (always thought of him as Green Lantern lite, but now he is literally one of the most powerful being in comics imo), Superman (overrated), Wonder Woman (can honestly beat anyone imo), Gladiator (use to think he could beat anyone, opinion has changed about this), Thor (mixed feelings), Spiderman (Marvel has played him out of the years as being top tier), Martian Manhunter (he just sucks), Lanterns (inconsistent), Batman (one of the best Martial Artist, if not the best, in comics), Flash (toon character), Magneto (isn't as broken as he used to be), Sentry (unstoppable force), Thanos (isn't as powerful as people make him out to be)

-Pr-
Unlike SOME people, my experience has been more about learning things. For example, when I first joined this board, the gap between heralds and metas was something I'd not really paid much attention to.

Characters I've learned about:

Juggernaut
Venom
Hercules
Namor
Spider-Man
Cyborg Superman
Darkseid and The New Gods

I'm sure there's more that don't come to mind.

playa1258
Superman

By far the most complained about character in terms of feats and power.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by zopzop

Mark Waid's SHAZAM is actually really good. Check it out

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
In terms of changing my opinions. I would say Flash and Superman, or rather, the ability of speed

Before I joined KMC, I really don't think speed plays such vital role in VS battles

Edit:
Or like others said. Thor is up there, but for the worse lol

You're welcome.

abhilegend
Silver Surfer (KMC Surfer was invincible except against Thanos)

Galan007
Yeah, Surfer and Thor were *the* Heralds when I first joined here -- borderline unbeatable unless you were trans-level+.

DarkSaint85
I used to think telepaths like Charles were unbeatable.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, Surfer and Thor were *the* Heralds when I first joined here -- borderline unbeatable unless you were trans-level+.
I had a lot of fun destroying both Surfer and Thor fanboys on the forum.

abhilegend
Oh and Galactus (Nobody in DC could even touch him lol).

I still savor Bran's soul after I devoured it.

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
I had a lot of fun destroying both Surfer and Thor fanboys on the forum. I think it was a mixture of people eventually bringing up their previous low showings(which were never really talked about beforehand), in addition to all of the lows they've accumulated since I joined here in '06.

Back in the day, comics weren't readily e-accessible at all... So it wasn't nearly as easy to fact-check and skim through a character's entire backstory, like it is now. Back then you almost had to have the physical comic(s) in front of you to call bullshit. Now, you can pull up any issue(s) you're interested in with the click of a button.

Juntai

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
I think it was a mixture of people eventually bringing up their previous low showings(which were never really talked about beforehand), in addition to all of the lows they've accumulated since I joined here in '06.

Back in the day, comics weren't readily e-accessible at all... So it wasn't nearly as easy to fact-check and skim through a character's entire backstory, like it is now. Back then you almost had to have the physical comic(s) in front of you to call bullshit. Now, you can pull up any issue(s) you're interested in with the click of a button.
For Surfer it was more like he was given abilities he never even displayed in comics because power cosmic can do anything darthgoober can think of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.