GASP! First movie bullet-time error?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkMage31
I am not sure if you would qualify this as a mistake or not, but I just realized something interesting about the bullet-time scene in the first movie when Neo leans all the way back to dodge the Agent's bullets.

Do we agree that it takes far less than a second for the Agent's bullet to reach Neo? The Agent only fired about seven bullets in that scene, meaning it might have taken, what, a half a second for all the bullets to cross over Neo? That sounds right. So, if this is true, all Neo essentially did is fall on his back after waving his arms around after a fashion. All the W. Bros did was beef his fall up by making it all slo-mo and cool. Do you agree? We can all do that! Fall on our backs the instant seven consecutive bullets are fired at us, dodging all of them! After, Trinity comes up all amazed asking how he fell on his back, moving like an Agent! Do you at all agree?

DarkMage31
Ooooooo! There is another error! Before this scene when the camera swoops around Neo, there are guns and other stuff scattered on the ground. When it goes into slo-mo, you can't see any of that stuff anymore because the environment is done by computers! See what you think! Also, I found out how they did that on the Matrix site, www.thematrix.com

See what you think!

Kes
yeh in that scene trinity disapeares to! lol and then appears. and points the gun to the side of the guys head yet the bullet is seen in the cops forhead! lol
this movie as alot of mistakes man!smile

DarkMage31
What do you say about the bullet time thing? Do you agree that it is just a fall-on-back thing glorified into a bullet-dodge extraveganza?

nopy
i dont care if it has errors in it , it still looked and looks excellent.

DarkMage31
Agree.

princess leia
i think that it wasnt a mistake. cos we saw that the agent moved in the few seconds in a number of different directions, so maybe we only saw one o f the ways that neo moved.

bonesxte
i thought that it was well orchestrated...and no normal person can fall on their back before a bullet hits them, let alone see the bullets flying by...life is full of mistakes...it's no fun to dwell on them, only to learn from them and move on.

princess leia
luv ur avatar smile

Seraph
a normal persons are falling on their back too. but after the bullet hit them:-(

princess leia
i love that scene.

Seraph
im too. but the best is trinity:
"DODGE TIHS" Bamm!!!!!
great isnt it?

Kes
ya. he does move is arms a bit to dodge them. hey it was is 1st time. i think it looks cool.

Metroplex
Well Neo Dodged the first bullet, Then he fell down.

FLIPMODE
Oh I thought you were going to say, Bullet time was in in Blade 1.

Metroplex
Yeah its true. The first time i saw bullet time was in Blade 1 when Decon Frost Dodged the bullets

Kes
that means you saw blade1 before the matrix! what a crime! stick out tongue

Metroplex
no actually blade came out before matrix right? I remeber renting it when Matrix first came out in theaters.

Kes
No. The Matrix came out 1st. The bullet-time was created for the Matrix.

Kes
No wait. Blade came out 1st but bullet time was created for the Matrix.
Can't remember which seen from Blade you are talking about but its not bullet time.

FLIPMODE
Yeah it was bullet time, it did'nt Look as Cool ofcourse...But it WAS bullet time, and Blade came out a full year before the Matrix.

Senor_Pessoba
the one has bullet time too

Kes
what scene is it exactly? discribe. cause bullet time is not just dodging bullets. its the camera angles and seeing that effect for the bullet. and the image standing still..its the photographi time of filming.
it could be similar. but it wasn't it. atleast not with that name.

Metroplex
Its the scene where Blade and Frost are in Chinatown and he captures the little girl. Frost is in broad daylight and says that he's using sunscreen

Kes
cant remember him doing nothing special!blink oh well forget it!stick out tongue

Fr3dY
There's a bigger mistake in bullet-time in the first movie:
at the end of the movie, when Agent Smith shoots at Neo after he comes back to life, you can see how all bullets fired by Smith travel together... but they weren't fired at once! The first bullet should already have reached Neo after the second one is fired, and so on... what do you think ?

Kes
well he stops them so the last catches up to the 1st! cant really remember. i have to watch the movie for that. stick out tongue

AliasNeo15
it wasnt bullet time, the camera wasnt moving from one side to another, it was just slow bullets with ripples behind them.

DarkMage31
Then we are forced to define "Bullet Time." Is it the swooping camera or is it when we are actually forced into the time/rate the bullet travels at?
-DM31

Anonymo
Continuity: Neo and Trinity kill all those soldiers on the roof before the agent comes to fight them. The agent shoots at Neo and during the whole dodging bullets scene every single corpse is gone. More to the point, Trinity's disappeared too!

They say this too.

Movie Mistakes

Kes
yeh i think we know that.smile

Kes

AliasNeo15
k, not bullet-time.

Fr3dY
There's a big list of mistakes available at moviemistakes dot com :-)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.