Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Why, when I go to my profile and click on all posts by this user, do i now only get 200 of my 700+ posts?

yerssot
otherwise the server gets too crowded

Phoenix
oh... so why, last night, did all my posts be there?

Dexx
oh....important rule phoenix: NEVER mind yerssot! big grin
i don't know why it's so in your case but be sure that 'crowded servers' are not a matter

yerssot
at least I tried

Raz
Due to the recent burst in traffic, I am having to optimize the forums quite a lot.

This means that some server intensive processes, which includes finding the last post made by a member, aren't shown by default. They can, of course, still be viewed by clicking on the relavant link in the profile.

Searchs are also another server intensive process, which is why a new search engine was recently installed (note the different search page). Pulling down a thousand+ posts doesn't make any sense as searching rarely go over the hundred mark.

yerssot
say again dexx? stick out tongue

Phoenix
so............... recent posts have been limited to 200?

yerssot
yes

Raz
Searching for recent posts are currently limited to 200.

The server is literally overheating with the amount of people that are currently online. It should hopefully cope thought smile

Phoenix
yay! we're popular...

Raz
Yep, all thanks to Google big grin

Phoenix
we're advertised on google?!?!!?!?!?!??!

*runs around like a poor decapitated fowl*

yerssot
tad different there phoe
google searches us, sort of speak

Phoenix
you know what i mean, your majesty...

yerssot
actually ... no

Raz
Yep we're listed in Google. Our most popular keyword: http://www.google.com/search?q=enter+the+matrix+moves

Out of 157,000 hits, we're number 1!!! big grin

Phoenix
we're number one! we're number one!! BRING IT ON!

Corran
All Raz's dreams have come true.

princess leia
i found it on google smile
its a damn good site big grin
so...is most of this site fairly recent then?

Raz
The forums themselves have been going for nearly three years now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.