Technology?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AliasNeo15
smokin'
dude, y does the technology in the prequels seem more advanced then the technology in IV-VI?

Malfoy's chick
Maybe because Lucas got better ideas for the Prequels

Corran
I think that the Clone wars and then after tge fall of the Republic years of oppression by the Emperor will have caused the Empire to fall into a poor state, the Republic never had a real need to fund a massive army and Star Fleet to control the universe. The Emperor puts a lot of the universes resourses into The fleet and arms to control his 'loyal' subjects. That with the ongoing battle with the rebels whos limited resources meant they had to cope with lesser technologies than the Empire will have made it appear thus.

yerssot
and of course with the empire it's all "bandwork", making one star destroyer after another, no time to decorate it
while in TPM, they had plenty of time to decorate the N1 fighter since it was on a peaceful planet

Corran
I think the Empire didn't go for Aestetics just practicality.

yerssot
you don't need to think corran, the empire does that for you

Ushgarak
Yes, the tech in the prequel films is more aesthetically pleasing, but if you look at things objectively it is simply hardcore BETTER in the original films.

Omegaman
I have seen alot of "fluff" in ESP's 1 and 2! Things totally useless to the story! Just GL showing off technology! I think he relies on it way too much now. Stick to better story and dialogue in my opinion!

AliasNeo15
hmm, good ideas

cookies2006
I like the new trilogy for the fight scenes and the old for the story line. Ep3 is all the new trilogy needs for a story line.

AliasNeo15
ya, i think if the old trilogy had the technology of the new one, i would hav to say the old is better.

Captain REX
I agree with Corran's theory about the technology wearing down...

finti
hard times opens for discover better and cheaper ways of producing things. I would say the technology in the OT is higher or at least it is meant for it to be higher.
You must take into consideration on when the films were made, today it is easier to make things look advanced than it was in the time of when ROTJ was made

Julie
definately......the laser fly faster...the ships loos sleeker...the thing I think that could "explain it" is that the Empire was a dark time and the tech had toslow to support the "depression" era

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.