Has anybody else thought about this...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omegaman
What if it is revealed that Emperor Palaptine/Darth Sidious is really ANakin's father? Maybe he used the "force" to lie with Shimi Skywalker. She says she doesnt remember how she got pregnant. Maybe way off but you never know!

Julie
Um I'd say you're stretchin' it a bit there but you are entitled to your theories.....uh if that happened I'd check to see if Mr. Lucas was sane...

cookies2006
Dont think so, though palpitine was already bad probably before he was even born.

yerssot
there was no father, like said in TPM and that's it nothing more, nothing less

Corran
what yerss said.

Omegaman
Well, like I said ...this may be way off. But it could still happen! Remember if someone had told you (after you saw Star Wars-A New Hope) that Darth Vader was really Luke's father , you would have said no way..blah blah blah. SO dont be so quick to judge this either.

yerssot
sorry, it's in the movie and GL said it many times:
anakin doesn't have a father, that's the entire point of him being the chosen one

Omegaman
yeah right like GL is going to tell us now before EPS 3 comes out ? Give me a break! Get a better arguement than that , yesh!

yerssot
so, the one who created the entire sage isn't good enough for you?

Omegaman
No , my point is that GL is not going to spoil any secrets he might be holding back - a year and half before the movie actually comes out! Did he tell the press and fans that Darth was Luke's father right after Star Wars came out, NO!

yerssot
because he came up with that in 1979-1980 orso, just before writing ESB

Omegaman
Whatever, the point is and Im am not saying this is a fact. But GL is not going to come out and tell you everything that will be revealed in EPS 3(that is a fact!) So bottom line, lets just wait and see what happens!

I for one think it would be a pretty cool turn of events. A full circle if you will...Palpatine is the father of Anakin who is the father of Luke. KInd of shows why the emperor shows such an interest in ANakin. Much better story than the "no father" midi clorians coming together crap!

That was a big disappoint to me and alot of other SW fans I know.

yerssot
so... anakin being the chosen one, the most powerful jedi ever isn't why the emperor is interested in him? eek!

Omegaman
Maybe that was the emperor's plan all along to "create" the most powerful jedi ???(plays eerie music in background)

Ushgarak
No, GL doesn't tend to actually lie when he makes personal comments. If he says things they are so and he says Anakin has no father.

Omegaman
We will see.

rogue_jedi
if palpantine turns out to be anakins father (a big if), i will bend over backwards and kiss my own buttocks. im sorry, its too far out there. good point though about if someone said, after ep.1, that vader was lukes father. i would have called them crazy. but hey, it happened. i guess well have to wait and see.

finti
Agree with Rouge Jedi here, not that I will kiss his buttocks but that idea would be too far fetched.
No Anakins father has this mysterious mythology thing about it. Conceived by unexplainable cause

odin
(to Shimi)
<<waves hand>> horny.... are you getting.....
<<waves hand>> .... (again).... bisexual you are......
(yoda smiles....)

Slybaghouse
I think it would be kinda lame if palpantine turns out to be the father! roll eyes (sarcastic)

padme wanna be
No! No! NO people! Palpatine is NOT Anakin's father. Anakin dose't have a father. If he did he wouldn't be THE CHOOSEN ONE. He was born of the force. And another thing. If Palpatine WAS Anakin's father why would he want Luke to kill him in ROTJ? Why would he want to kill his own son?

kittypuff
PADME....because he's EVIL! lol

kittypuff
ANd as far as Palpatine turning out to be Anakin's father, the thought occured to me also....it's just the sort of stupid thing George would try to put in the movies....remember, he himself has said that he wants this trilogy to "mirror" the OT, so it may turn out that he does have a biological father. To believe that simply becuase George stated that "Anakin has no father" means that he has no biological origin is short sighted. It's stupid to think he really was "created" by midichlorians! I never could understand why George put THAT in there! But anyway, my point is, that with the other stupid and ridiculous plot points that George has put in the last two films, it wouldn't surprise me if SOMEONE turns out to be Annie's father. Also, to say a child has a father usually means that the child was not RAISED by that parent....not so much that they just suddenly APPEARED in the womb, Jesus style! Remember George's delight in double meanings....it's only true "from a certain point of view". smile

kittypuff
OOPS! Instead of "to say a child has a father", I meant: "to say a child DOES NOT have a father!" Stupid typos!

RobBo
Anakin has no father this IS the point...the struggle for Anakin's fatherhood (as it were) was originally between Qui Gon and unknown forces. By bringing Anakin into the bigger picture, (and getting killed) Qui Gon shifted the game plan so that the struggle became far LESS complex...it was a battle betwixt Palpatine and Obi Wan, a battle thenceforth for Anakin's spirit...not his parenthood!

Darth Jello
even with darksidepowers, force insemenation is really stretching it. although change force to horse and it makes sense!

Putte

Sith Master X
I'm not to up for the idea of Palpy being Annie's father either. To me that would be Lucas ripping himself off from the Vader being Luke's father idea. It would be to similar to me. I'd rather have Lucas throw in some other fantastic twist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.