Which trilogy is better?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cookies2006
Which SW trilogy do you guys like better? The new or the old?

cookies2006
I myself think the old is better,but when ep3 comes out i will like the new one better.

AliasNeo15
the old one is my fav.

cookies2006
Yeah, mine too, like i said earlier.

princess leia
i like the olds for story and screenplay and the news for the way its made.

cookies2006
Kool Kool.

chica16
there's no comparison... the old is MUCH better... these new stories just suck... special effects much better though....

finti
I agree ther is not much of a competition here, OT rules

justinday15
i like the ot better, but i watch episode 1 and 2 more than 4, 5, and 6.

cookies2006
Yea i think i will like the new trilogy better after ep3 comes out.

justinday15
me too.

finti
do you watch ep I and II more because it is on DVD or do you have them on VHS as well

Slybaghouse
The lightsaber fights in the new ones are soooooo much better, but the old ones have a better story......so old is better, that and vader....come on!

finti
ohhhhhhhhhhh Vader

justinday15
I have episode I on vhs, and episode II on dvd, but thats not the reason i watch them more.

cookies2006
I have the enire collection on vhs. THen when it comes out on dvd i'll buy em all together.!.

Maikahyandowen
The old is ten times better.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/starwars.gif

mephistodesigns
i like them both, i like the plots for the PT better simply for the expansive info they cover, but the OT will always be my favorite. But, I'm already liking the PT almost as much, given enough time to sink in, I think I have a lot more trouble choosing one over another.

Dirty Vader
Original trilogy. ANH better than Ep1 and Ep2, ESB better than Ep 1 and 2 and ROTJ better than Ep1 and Ep2.
Will episode III amaze me and me change my mind?

Highly unlikely.

Lyn
I love both trilogies...BOTH!!

However, I really like the new ones...maybe coz of Hayden or Nat or something but hey... wink stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
the prequel aint done yet. we will see.

yerssot
dunno, from what I know, EPIII is getting a bit too fanish imho

Corlindel
I old one. It was a surprise when it came and the characters were great and more realistic. The older Obi Wan Kenobi, Solo, the older emperor and Vader smash any of the second trilogy characters.

Maikahyandowen
Lucas ceased using his imagination after the 80's. the prequels are an embarressment to Star Wars. ep.3 would have to be pretty amazing to redeem them.http://http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/starwars.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/ranting.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/bangin.gif

§pearhead
Are you kidding me? It's no contest, the original trilogy is so much better than the new one. The story is good and doesn't strech things out like TAOTC did, and PM was just boring...

Maikahyandowen
Like I said. no imagination. just an overuse of computer generated images rather than actual people.

KayeLa
so far i like the old trilogy better.

Darth Jello
I take it like it is, one epic movie setup as a hextilogy. I hope after the archival editions at least, it will look more like that.

Maikahyandowen
I heard a horrific rumor that they're going to make a sequel trilogy too. ugh!http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/puke.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/starwars.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/ranting.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/bangin.gif

VengeanceGOD
I love the old trilogy, and it is by far the better one.

But still, I don't HATE the new ones like most people.

Lyn
I don't HATE them either.

Maikahyandowen
i don't hate them ENTIRELY. just 99% of the dialogue. and Hayden Christiansen. no offense Lyn!!!!

xeous
I actually like Christiansen. For me, it's going to depend on E3. If it sucks, then the OT. If it is amazing, then this one. The fight scenes in the new trilogy are so much better...It's amazing how shotty the saber battles were in say ESB than TPM.

Lyn
None taken. Thanks for that though.

Of course, now, I like xeous better. wink stick out tongue

xeous
He played hockey, how could I not like him?

LanceWindu
The OT is by far the best trilogy of the Saga.

And even after Episode 3 is released I believe I will Love the OT more, for the magic, innocence, and retro feel of it.

The PT will still have a special place because it was the films made in my generation.

Lady Bri
the old trilogy is so much better! so far the new one is just...odd. it's definitely not as good.

Maikahyandowen
dang it. now Lyn hates me. one good deed does not redeem two terrible ones. although ep.3 is supposed to have a really long duel scene between Anakin and Obi Wan. that should be pretty cool.starwars

Lyn
happy thumb up Happy Dance

Lyn
I don't hate you, silly. stick out tongue
The duel will be AMAZING, I can't wait!!

Maikahyandowen
yea! i am not hated!

The_Inevitable
Yes, The Old Ones totally " own "( Gay term but what else am I supposed to say? ) the new ones...

Maikahyandowen
perhaps if Jar Jar Binks hadn't been there. or had been accidently on purpose shot......

mook
the new ones arent complete yet but the first 2 were awful so definitely the 4-6 trilogy.

another question would be which version of 4-6 do you prefer?

the originals or the special edition?

i think the originals.

Maikahyandowen
originals. in the special edition Lucas screwed things up instead of making them better. added stuff that didn't need to be added, changed what didn't need to be changed, etc.

Lyn
laughing Happy Dance

Darth Jello
i'm a completist, so i will say that I hope to god that lucas will release the archival edition (we already know it's being made, mccallum, John Williams, and sort of Lucas himself have pretty much said so).
anyway, with that out there, Carrie Fisher recently defended the prequals by saying that initially the original trilogy got some pretty horrible reviews too, much more scathing than the prequals.
just appreciate all six as one movie.

Maikahyandowen
THAT i will NEVER do. George Lucas ceased using his imagination and the prequels are painfull evidance of that.

Darth Jello
look at the whole sith angle, look at the whole plot involving palpatine. that is genius. save your criticism if anyone but I makes the sequals.

Maikahyandowen
so he put sith in. bravo. the script was terrible.

yerssot
the sith were already in the OT, maika

Maikahyandowen
i meant he put them in the new one.

Maikahyandowen
YOU THINK I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE IN THE OLD ONE?????????

yerssot
I'm sure you did, no need to use caps

Maikahyandowen
just making sure you heard me! big grin

Lyn
I think that's a great way of looking at it. I personally, though I love all of the films, prefer the prequels. That doesn't mean I think the originals are poor, I just enjoy the new ones. They are the ones I am experiencing now, growing up with them, if you will. Despite the fact that I adore both Hayden and Natalie, these films are in my generation.
Take my father for example. He is definitley not as obsessed as I am but simply appreciates all of the films. He loves the originals for the affect they had on him when they were first released, for what they accomplished in film making and for the sheer fact that they are brilliant movies.
He also enjoys the new films. He loves the advance in technology, the use of CGI and the different appeal of these films. He considers the prequels darker and more intense. He thought Christensen's portrayal was superb.
I suppose, what I'm trying to say through all this rambling, is that he just loves the films. Nothing more to it.

yerssot
like mccallum and gl said: it's a big 12 hour long movie
that's what you mean?

Lyn
Pretty much. laughing
I just want to say that I love all of them.

yerssot
we all love you too lyn stick out tonguewink

Lyn
laughingstick out tonguewink Thanks...laughing

yerssot
my pleasure big grin

Darth Jello
Episode IV sticks out like a sore thumb, that's why lucas has continued working on it after the special edition. all hail the archival release!

confused

Maikahyandowen
right. we alll love Lyn. the prequels on the other hand.....

Darth Jello
right,sorry, i love lynn too

yerssot
how come I think that in no time there will be a lynfanclub? wink

Maikahyandowen
uhhh..........

Darth Jello
because lynn is a friendly female in a sea of male star wars fans, need I say more?

Darth Jello
because lynn is a friendly female in a sea of male movie buffs, need I say more?

yerssot
you perhaps can post it a third time, mister jello stick out tongue

Maikahyandowen
she's not the only one, Darth......

Darth Jello
sorry, I reloaded the page in the middle of a post. didn't know my comment would double. you'd think the moderators would remove it...

yerssot
I don't think, I'm not programmed for it

Maikahyandowen
thinking is so over-rated

Darth Jello
that's why you should combine it with a relaxing activity, like writing poetry, staring at clouds, and taking a massive dump

Maikahyandowen
uhhhh......... what about violent video games? they release all of your pent up anger!

Lyn
Woah...I missed a lot huh!! embarrasment wink stick out tongue blink happy messed shifty whistle

Maikahyandowen
not wo you'd notice. ONLY 7 MONTHS UNTIL THE OT IS ON DVD!!!!!!!!

Tired Hiker
OT all the way. I still think the new ones were mis cast.

Maikahyandowen
mostly hayden. can't act worth crap.

justinday15
I think he did a pretty good job.

Colabee
IV - VI without a doubt. I simply cannot not express my deep disappointment in the prequels. I'd been looking forward to them for so long. They just don't feel like Star Wars movies. Not to me anyway.

Maikahyandowen
just toy commercials.

Ahnold
I and II defo. Jar Jar rules! The acting is oscar-calibre, and the dialogue is just SO much better written this time around. I just wish Lucas had written more profound discussions about the nature of sand into Ep II. Sigh...

Mr Parker
No contest.The old one.the new one sucks.

Mr Parker
Exactly.

Maikahyandowen
the one good thing about ep.3 is that Hayden Christiansen will get burned to a crisp. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.