The Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vicious
evil face I was just watching Access Hollywood and to my surprise the showed a sneak peek of next summer's Marvel comics new movie, The Punisher, the sneak preview look good and sounded interesting even though i didnt like the choice for the actor who plays him but it seems its gonna be a dark movie like Batman and Daredevil i hope its good because im a huge Punisher fan!

Kyle Raynar
yeah it looks cool but i think sylvester stalone would have made an awesome punisher no matter how old he is

Darth Vicious
I disagrre, i would rather go with an unknown actor than with a has-been like stallone plus with sly in it evryone will be more concerned about him, his acting and not the movie itslfe

Kyle Raynar
true but he looks like he walked right out of the comic and its more likely to sell with a big name rather than an unknown guy

KidRock
Whos punisher again? *hides under pillow not wanting to get flamed*

chico23
I had no idea this was even in the works. Man, I hope this is good. I can't handle another crappy movie made about the punisher.

Senor_Pessoba
yeah...dolph lundgren..*shutter*

Metroplex
To answer Kidrock's question. Hes some guy that got his family murdered by some mobsters. To get revenge, he decides to become a vigilante and take down those who are involved in crime by murdering them. In the past he fought against Spidey and Daredevil.

KidRock
He fought AGAINST them? Why? and also does he have any powers?

Senor_Pessoba
nope...just big guns

Darth Vicious
Yup big guns and a bad attitude, and yes he has fought before with many heroes including Daredevil and Spider-Man(he was actually introduced in Spideys comics) because hes methods arent exactly legal, hes just a ruthles S.O.B, i hope they do him justice with the new movie!

Mitsubishi
Yeah...Punisher owns. Incase you guys don't know, punisherthemovie.com has the Teaser Trailer up. Check it out, it's sweet.

chico23
Punisher is one of those characters I like because he's not a "super" hero. Kind of like Batman. No superpowers just a badass.

Metroplex
Yeah. Thats what i like about him too. He just a normal human with no superpowers. It makes it believable.

Magee
isnt the punisher a mercenarie angel or some crap like that with huge guns for heaven stick out tongue

Darth Vicious
Yes and most definetly NO, it was a stupid storyline they did a couple of years back after he died in the comic book(nobody stays dead in Marvel comics) the angels brought him back he was some sort of avenging angel but since nobody like that they scrapped it and start it over with the bad ass with know and love and hopefully in the new movie theyll put Dolp Lungdren in a special cameo having the Punisher killing him in a sadistic way as payback for the first and crappy Punisher movie, i can only dream! lol

chico23
GREAT IDEA!! Darth *crosses fingers

Darth Vicious
LOL, thanks Chico!

MFray
I think the casting for Punisher was dead on. Except for one thing. John Travolta. When will Marvel Ent. learn NOT to use big names in their movies? Ben Affleck. Need I say more?

Darth Vicious
I agree to some extent, Ben Affleck was terrible as DD but u have to admit that Travolta plays great bad guys, case in point Face-Off and Swordfish it shold be interesting to see what character he plays!

Metroplex
Travolta is pretty bad ass. Some big names that were in Marvel movies is X-men. e.g Patrick Stewart, Ian Mckellan, Halle Berry etc.

green33
punisher was one of the best films of the late 80s and shouldn't have a remake as the first one kicked ass good n proper

Darth Vicious
Which Punisher is that one? because i know u aint talking about the Dolph Lungdren movie because anybody that knows about movies that crap of a movie should have never been made its a disgrace to The Punisher!

green33
if you was a fan you would know that there has only been one punisher film. the movie is brilliant i hope you know thats one of the films that made Dolph Lundgren a star

Slybaghouse
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Vicious
A starrrrrr? a star of what? his only good movie was Rocky 4, the first Punisher sucked badly and Dolph has never been a star not even a has been, he is a never was, his movies suck, whtas next? u l9ove Masters of the Universe too?

green33
yer that was a well good film, i aint herd of that film for ages, thanks for reminding me im gonna watch that now

Darth Vicious
Im not gonna keep at it with u GREEN, everybody knows that movie is garbage and should never have been made!

green33

Darth Vicious

Morph
....Raven-Symone is freakin' hot. confused

Darth Vicious
Whos Raven-Symone?

Morph
That chick from Disney's That's So Raven. big grin

MarvelFan
UM.......NO

P-NuT
who has been cast to play Punisher, and what other movies has he been in? Also who is directing? confused

Metroplex
Starring: Thomas Jane, John Travolta

Director: Jonathan Hensleigh
Release Date: 2004
Studio: Artisan Pictures / Marvel Studios

Morph
I think Casting Daniel Radcliffe as Frank Castle is a genius idea. I can't wait to see him in action.

Darth Vicious
Daniel Radcliffe as Frank castle? yup thatll work!!,lol

CaptainTrips
I think Green ran out of his Prozac..they really shouldnt let those kids in the retard hospitals use computers..it could cause seizures

CaptainTrips
Thomas Jane is the guy from Deep Blue Sea

happy kine
they are starting to film the movie the punisher here in my city... is this some kind of comic book hero? john travolta will play the punisher. the last film that was filmed here was coccon (the movie about the old people).

thelotrlovr15
is john travolta really playing the punisher? yous sure? i thought ther were introducing someone... hmmm.... some old guy play a hero...eewww...

bluegrass
I thought they already made The Punisher a while back and it starred Dolph Lundgren. I might be wrong though, and I guess they could make it again.

Kes
Here's some info
http://www.killermovies.com/p/thepunisher/

Darth Vicious
I just read the Rebeca romin-stamos will be in The Punisher also!

Darth Vicious
Theres a thread for the Punidher in the Super heroe section and NO, John Travolta wont play the Punisher, he will play the bad guy also Rebecca Rojmin-Stamos has been cast for the movie! and yes there was a Punisher before with Dolph Lungdren in 1989 which was/is pretty bad!

Kes
lol Here:
http://www.superherohype.com/punisher/
And here:
http://www.efavata.com/CBM/Punisher.htm

Kes
The Punisher is a Superhero so SuperHero movie discussion.
Moving...

P-NuT
Punisher is cool coz he is a normal person, like batman.

DemonicGambit
I like the Punisher, personally. He's awesome, but I don't think they should have Travolta playing him. He just doesn't fit the character profile, you know?

We've all seen him play sweet caring guy, disco dancing guy, I'm an angel guy, and recently I'm a tough army guy. But I just don't see him as Revange I'm willing to kill guy.

Rogue Jedi
who should play the punisher? maybe......sylvester stallone? maybe he is too old.

DemonicGambit
He sorta has the look, but again its the question of age. Damn, why do actors have to age?!?!

Darth Vicious
Travolta AINT playing the PUNISHER, Thomas Jane is(Deep Blue Sea, 61), Travolta plays the bad guy!

Kes
Here's some info:
http://sneakpeek600.tripod.com/sneakpeek6/id129.html

DemonicGambit
Um...is just me or does Thomas not have the punisher look either? Maybe I'm just being picky. I think they should just have a no-name. But that's my solution for everything

SlayerChick1188
Yeah The punisher's being done not far from where i am too, happy kine (good to see another FL resident!)

Kes
Some spoilers for The Punisher:
http://www.lightsoutentertainment.com/news/news.php?id=1437

Kes
Damit there are 2 Punisher threads! Didn't notice that!
Here are some spoilers:
http://www.lightsoutentertainment.com/news/news.php?id=1437

CaptainInsano
Thomas Jane looks OK but I think they could have looked a little harder, he also needs a haircut cuz punisher has short hair and his is slightly longer.

BOPRecruit 16
the punisher...~lmao~ *snort* (sorry for my weirdness and perverse mind)

Morph
This asscrack had pizza for lunch.

snlovergirl
im live close where the movie is being filmed as well. they r filming downtown and im about 10 or 15 mins from there. also next month their r going to film at my college's golf coursesmile i actually got to meet rebecca romijn-stamos! she was really sweet and i got her to sign my mag with her as mystique on the front. i put a pic of it in the xmen discussion. sorry for those of u who have already read about this but i just think its so cool!

mpatterson
THOMAS JANE IS PLAYING THE PUNISHER

mpatterson
I WATCHED THE START PUNISHER WITH DUOF LUGRUM IT WAS OK BUT THE NEW ONE LOOKS SO COOL JOHN TRAVOLTA IN IT HE PLAYS VERY SICK BADGUY AND THOMAS JANE WAS FRANK CASTLE HE LOOKS THE PART ALL HE GOT TO REMEMBER IS TO SHOOT FIRST AND ASK QUESTIONS LATER!

Linkalicious
Are they going to have a Nick Fury cameo...because he kicks ass!!!!

(i think it's Dolf Lundgren)

kal-el
they wouldnt cameo Fury yet coz he'll have his own film or be in the ultimates(ultimate avengers) and they invented Fury in the ultimate universe to look like Sam L Jackson and even mention in a comic that if a movie was made of him, Sam L J should play him. It was tailor made for him. Punisher rocks. No super hero is like him. He doesnt want revenge, he just wants to give every crook mother-f*cker what they deserve. 'If you think payback is a mother****er, you havent met Frank'.-Punisher Born

VENOMfan
punisher is rated R can we say hell yeah?

kal-el
I think SOO!HELL YEAH!

FrothByte
i was kinda hoping they would get a bigger more muscular actor to play the punisher. not to mention a better looking costume

kal-el
I know what you mean but this guy looks quite big, maybe not frank Castle big(6' 200lbs) but still pretty big. It looks like they've based it in Tampa which I don't like. the punisher is a New Yorker. They've also made him an ex FBI agent and he's really an ex-soldier of Vietnam years. I understand that it was too long ago for him to be of young enough age now, but the point is that he was a soldier and assassin, hence his excellent skill with weapons, ability to make his own guns etc.

The Batman
In every medium, they change his background. Ex-soldier, ex-cop, ex-fed. Feh. Soldier is not only true to the story, but the most logical in leading up to the M.O. of the Punisher.
FBI? What was he, a special agent like Fox Mulder who carried one sidearm but mostly reached for his badge out in the field, or a desk jockey whose weapons expertise was more in the direction of budgets and serial numbers? I'm not trying to disparage the FBI here. If 7anything I'm stating that a soldier is far more likely to be a nut-case gun freak than a fed.
This is going to be a sub-standard movie, but hopefully it will be oodles better than that piece of trash in which Dolph Lundgren had to have bad-ass stubble smeared on his stony face during his make-up hour.
I suppose with a two-dimensional character like Frank Castle, you can't really make a great movie about him. You've got moping and you've got killing. There's not much else to him. The best way for the Punisher to be seen is with other Marvel characters, in my opinion. I like superheroes, not psycho-chickens with unlimited arsenals.
Because no one from other Marvel franchises will be in this picture, I don't really care one way or another about them setting it in Tampa. I'm a little sick of looking at each Marvel movie and seeing a completely different New York and trying to pretend that they all live in the same universe. Blade's New York looks like Los Angeles. X-Men's New York looks like Canada. Spider-Man's New York looks like Los Angeles with bits of New York thrown in. Daredevil's New York looks like Los Angeles made up to look like Gotham City. Oh, the madness! Let's run away to Florida to escape the madness!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.