Underworld

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chico23
Has anyone heard of this movie? I think it looks hella cool stars Kate Beckinsale. Its about a battle between Vampires and Werewolves. I saw the trailer tonight and I'm very interested.

Senor_Pessoba
YEAH!!! I just watched the trailer for this movie too...god, it looks awsome...kinda Dark Cityish, only more Gothic..ill be there the first day..these are the kind of movies I want to see being made..not all those video game movies, and comic book movies..but original and stylish

chico23
and if you wanna see the trailer its here.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/underworld/

Senor_Pessoba
hey..did you watch the trailer for city of ghosts..i cant tell whether it would be good or not and dont want to download it right now

AliasNeo15
ya, its good

Senor_Pessoba
really? hmm..what was it like?

odin
yeah...... looks pretty sweet

BackFire349
looks like the crow. probably something geared toward shallow goths, not really interested.

Seraph
does anybody know something about underworld? i saw a trailer and it seems to be something with vampires in matrix-style. i wonder if something like that could be good...

KidRock
havent heard of it

Mitsubishi
It's a Romeo and Juliet-esque story. Only instead of the two feuding families, it's Werewolves feuding with Vampires. A female Vampire falls in love with a male Werewolf, and well..you get it.

chico23
yeah I started a thread with the trailer and movie poster.

Sacrifice
Underworld looks good.

Check out the trailer:

apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/underworld/

I am not able to post links yet...add www to the link.

chico23
I didn't really see the Crow connection. Well maybe a little, I guess?

BackFire349
the picture at the top looks exactly like the crow character.

chico23
Yeah except its a girl and her face isn't painted. laughing out loud

BackFire349
its just as white, plus the same clothes.

chico23
smile ok see your point.

brownie
Cant wait to see this movie. Looks really good.

scifigunslinger
It looks cool except for Kate's semi-fake sounding accent.

Kes
Well she's a vamp, no sun light, no tan lol
Yeh I've seen the trailer and it looks cool. A battle between vamps and warewolfs smile Cool.

brownie
Good call there Kes..

Kes
big grin

Neo_Version 7
Have you guys read a book entitled "Blood or Chocalate"? It sorta has the same plot except that the girl is a werewolf and shes in love with a human(which is forbidden). This movie is going to be cool. Anything Dark Cityish is probably interesting....

bigbadbike2
Looks good to me. I am glad something kinda goth is being released.

chico23
There are finally adverts for it on T.V. Didn't know if they would advertise it or not.

Baylin
Cant wait for it to come to the UK!

Metroplex
she looks a bit like trinity with the leather and trenchcoat. She still lokks good.

chico23
nothing wrong with looking a bit trinity in my opinion.

Holcomb
I can't wait to see this movie. I think its going to be great. Here is the link to an interview with Kate Beckinsale (so hot) I found on another site. check it out, its pretty interesting.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=1504

gregmss
alright nice 1 who ever the hell u r

Holcomb
thanks.

BackFire349
loooks like it could be very good...however, it also looks like it could be incredibly horrible.

Phoenix
so wanna see this film!

jaeminhong
i'll be okay i guess

Kes
blink wrong thread mate wink

buffymitch
Looks like it could be cool. I love these kinda movies. And i love if a woman has a strong character in movies. Kate Beckinsale looks like she can kick the hell out of a vampire or a Werewolf. I defenitely want to see it.

lukeyduckey
Looks like an original film, looks like fun, looks like im gonna watch it.

movie_freak
Saw the trailer a while ago....looks alrite....

Holcomb
ive been seeing lots of tv commercials for this lately. its getting me really excited, so is kate in leather.

Bandit
I mentione din another thread (worst movies ever seen) that this basic concept has already been as a feature and a short. The short, as I understand it, has better productions values largely because it was made more recently, with digital Equoipment. The two films are DARK ROSE: FEEDIN' & BREEDIN' You can tell from the title it was made to be a video store release. The other is called: Dark Rose: 700 Year Itch. I've seen this one. The fight scene is two women (vampire wnd werewolf) kciking each others butts. Pretty good action, but all there is to the 5 minute flick.

edwinian
I will see this movie in my movie marathon weekend...for some reason the trailer looks pretty fun to me and eventhough there have been people who say the genre has been done before- i still think it will be interesting...plus i am interested in kate beckinsale in a darker role than her other movies.

Holcomb
you bring up a great point edwinian. this is a different kind of role for kate. she has never really played the action hero before in a dark movie like this, it will be interesting to see how she does.

Paola
sorry about my ignorance but ... what is underworld about??? embarrasment

silver_tears
its about a fight between vampires and werewolves
quite an interesting story big grin

Darth Vicious
I saw this movie this afternoon and i find it was pretty good, Kate Beckinsale looked pretty hot in leather, i recomend this movie, the action sequences are pretty good and not too over the top and the story was interesting and it seems theres gonna be a sequel to it!

Sacrifice
I thought it was okay.

I liked the dark cinematography. There was some actual story development, which was an interesting surprise.

I was disappointed in the action sequences, which consisted mostly of close-ups and quick-cuts. I also found the serious and dark style of the film clashed with the silly over the top acting and dialogue.

Pirates_lass
yea it looks goth i want to it!

lukeyduckey
I didnt really like it. Nothing really seemed to happen, and the wearwolves looked laughable. Kate didnt do anything for me, and only one charcter i was interested in. That was Licken
But i do see a sequel which i doupt i will see
5/10

Lady_Lara
question....at the beginning of the movie,who was the guy taking the pix on the other ledge?kuz he looks so familer but i cant put my finger on it..please help!

xxOblivionxx
Underworld is the best movie ever i cant wait tell next year when the sequel comes out

xxOblivionxx
Me and my friends liked the movie so much we made an rp site all about vampires and lycans

Elektra_lover
awsome

xxOblivionxx
Thanks its called blood in the night or bitn as we like to call it its at bloodinthenight.*********32.com

xxOblivionxx
WTF is up with this it wont let me write the address

D-Double
I can't stand this movie. It looked great in the trailer. I saw it in the theater and almost walked out. All the characters are bland and one dimensional. Everything they could steal from the matrix, they did. The clothes, the color of the film, the sound design, even the anime "one knee - head down" impact landing. They should of went ahead and stole some good character development, while they were at it.
The special effects were cool, but didn't pick up the slack for the rest the train wreck. They might have pulled it off with a more interesting cast, though. At the end of the movie I had no feelings, either way, for anybody. It's a shame cuz it could have been a great flick. I love Vampire movies and I love Werewolf movies. I figured a big budget movie about a war between the two would be awesome.......
WRONG!!! thumb down

I'm not trying to piss anyone off. This movie just urks me.

Lord Soth
it's 'irks.' Sorry, I nitpick. Anyhow, your opinion is your opinion, and I respect it even if I don't agree with it. If it pisses anyone, then that's their problem, not yours

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.