Revolutions Predictions: Who's gonna live/die, Smith vs. Neo, make your predictions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Agent Smith
With The Matrix Revolutions set to drop November 5th, it's about time to start making predictions on just what's going to happen. Who's going to make it out alive, who's not. The final Smith vs. Neo battle, which has the look of being their best fight. Will the Matrix be destroyed, and if so, how? If you've got an idea on how Revolutions will play out, speak your mind here.

princess leia
i refuse to accept it if either neo or trinity die.

Seraph
im sure that the end will be different to everything we imagine. but i think the matrix wont be destroyed, but cleared from all machines. maybe it will be used like a kind of modern computergame were you can go in and have fun or something wink

Metroplex
I think Neo will die. As some sources say, he is a Christ figure. Like in Reloaded, Choi tells Neo: "Hallelujah. You're my savior, man. My own personal Jesus Christ." We can foreshadow his death.

I don't think Trinity will die because she "died" in Reloaded and it would be pretty funny if she dies again. Neo will just have to ressurect her again.

But i may be wrong as Seraph says. I dont expect a happy ending though. It would be too cheap.

For the fight against Neo and Smith. Well from the previews, it looks like an even match and that was against only one smith. If all of them joined in, i think Neo will lose.

Metroplex
I also don't think that the Matrix will be destroyed. As The Omega posted in another thread, the Matrix Trilogy will continue in http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/

princess leia
they wouldnt make a spoiler as big as that...

alaba
morpheous dies.....

Seraph
wrong thread alaba.. wink

Sifer
I think there is only one Smith in the final fight because he is the source of the virus, all the replications came from the main file in sense. Just a thought.

freemind
I dont think neo will die in that fight but he will probably die saving everyone else.

chica16
morpheus or neo will be the one that dies i think... but if morpheus dies couldn't neo just bring him back to life too

chica16
what if trinity dies in the real world though... neo couldn't bring her back then

alaba
yep the matrix would not be destroyed cause the saga continues online. maybe a balance would be created....

AliasNeo15
If u say Neo is Jesus, and he is going to die like Jesus, he already did. The agents killed him in the first. Hebrews didnt agree with him and another person and they all felt he deserved to be crusified. Think of Morpheus as Berabus, the other guy that couldve been crusified, but Jesus sacrificed himself for Berabus's life. The Agents were acting as the Hebrews. So if u all say Neo is acting as Jesus, he is not going to die. *Sorry I had to bust out my BIBLE. big grin

alaba
preach it bro...

BBR-Trashman
Great Theory man. I am with you all the way.

Agent Anderson
quoted from metroplex:

I think Neo will die. As some sources say, he is a Christ figure. Like in Reloaded, Choi tells Neo: "Hallelujah. You're my savior, man. My own personal Jesus Christ." We can foreshadow his death.

that's false.... choi did say that and then Neo went to the Oracle "Sorry kid... you got the gift. But your waiting for something" "For what" "Oh.. I dunno... another life perhaps" followed by Neo's death and resurrection and Neo killing Smith.. (satan? just a thought) ... but ya the death and resurrection already took place dude

Deimos_2003
If anything, the whole death & resurrection thing should have taken place long before the first movie - remember that Neo is meant to be the Second Coming of the One (i.e. Jesus) or at least that's what Morpheus believes ("The Oracle foretold of his return..."wink. So strictly speaking the death of the last One was the crucifiction; everything that happens in the movies is about the Second Coming which, fairly obviously, hasn't happened yet... I don't think we can rule out Neo's death just yet...

Deimos

Agent_Smith
i think that they find out neo is not the one....um....than he dies some way...oh...i dont KNOW!!!! confused laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Kes
Morpheous believes Neo is the second coming or whatever but we know thats not how things go. We know that the one has happened 5times before Neo.

neo_dragon
aliasneo15, what does barabbas the thief have to do with the matrix, perhaps a better biblical equivalent for morpheus would be john the baptist since he baptized christ, and that's when some christians believe christ attained divinity.

Korri
neo wont die neo wont die neo wont die neo wont die neo wont die neo wont die....NEO ISNT GONNA DIE!!!! sad

pslice
two days ago i read the script to the film freddy vs jason. at the end they both die. that will happen in revolutions.

Alias Neo
i think after the big neo v smith fight in m3 that all the smiths go onto neo's side because in m1 smith says to morpheus that if Zion is destroyed that there is no need for smith to be there...

Ikobe
Can Trinity die? Again? Pleeease? She's only useful for un-dead-ing Neo.

Unless they're gonna put her in another Animatrix. She's cool there.

Luu says: Lets face it if either trinity or neo die theyll just put i another tacky u cant die because i love u scene

Korri
yeah Neo must live......Trinity must Die!!!!! big grin

dynasty88
to be honest with all of you... i think there is a matrix inside of the matrix. I think that when the oracle said your waiting for another life... i think the other life is the real real world. If any of u remember at the end of reloaded neo did stop those sentinals. I think neo will risk his life for trinity and morpheus. Thus saving whats left of Zion and then go to the real real world not the matrix inside the matrix. big grin

hodgie723
your missing the grand scheme of things. theres some proof that Neo can minipulate things in the real world becuase of him stopping the sentinals and the end of Reloaded, but he then went into a comma. Neo in the matrix doesnt go into anyting like a comma when he doing the things he does in the matrix. i think that trinity will fight morpheus (gut feeling) oh and by the way who ever said that there was going to be only one Smith, they need to see the Revolutions preview. I think there Neo is going to prety much be the biggest badass and just kick the shit out of the arcatect and i know that trinity is going to kill the merovingian. i really dont know what going to happen with persephone. what do you guys think?

Verity
Ok......to say that Neo is going to die like Jesus to me is an unfair, mistaken interpretation of this story....OK.....I give it that some of the elements in the story can be related to biblical references giivng it some Christian or Catholic view.....(as much as this annoys me).....but I believe this story is built around several Universal beliefs, creeds cultures, whatever u wanna call it! To say the story of the Matrix is going to be practically a 'word for word' interpretation of the bible and the crucifiction of Christ and his sufferings or what not, seems far fetched to me!!!! U are forgetting deliberately about other creeds and cultures existent, and other things that take part of our existence that r even OLDER than the bible OR CHrist!!!!! I don't think the Brothers were aiming for that....honestly!!!! So then why should we believe Neo is going to die?....or if he does , for the same purposes supposedly Jesus served?... I've seen some pics myself of Neo actually bending Smith's will....and it doesn't look to me like Neo's feeling any weaker!!!!!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/flex.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/ermm.gif

The Omega

hodgie723
Omega i can't believe that you still have to make the point to people about the "Oh, God." thing with Smith and that would mean that he would be God. I'm frankly sick of things being repeated when they were already said in other forums. I'm sorry if i come off is being a jerk, but you have to understand that i've been here for awhile and i mean wouldn't you get a little annoyed when people have to keep repeating themselves? Ha well sorry Omega if you do like repeating yourself. big grin

eek! laughing out loud

The Omega

JediHDM
OK, to start off with, Neo already died, thereby fulfilling the Oracle prophecy that Neo is waiting for his next life.

Also, I believe that the Matrix and the Zion world are both programmed realities, created to hold, in the first, humans, and in the second, those that cannot accept the first, but must accept the second, because it is the only other possibilty. When one is "freed" from the Matrix, his code is inserted into Zion. This is reinforced by the fact that Neo stops the Sentinels, but then falls into a coma, because the trauma of realizing that your reality isn't real, a second time, is so great. This also explains how, when the Architect is instructing Neo of his duties, people can be selected to be taken out of the Matrix in order to rebuild Zion, without holes in their arms. This is also how Smith is able to take over that one guys body, and enter into the Zion world.

Another thing, only through Neo's and Trinity's love do either one survive. It is only when Trinity accepts that she loves Neo does he come back to life, and it is only through Neo's love for Trinity does he save her life, and come to the realization that Zion is just another form of control, created by the machines.

There are also many allusions to Christianity, which i will not list here unless asked to.

The Omega

Another_Smithy
There is no MWAM, if there was one it is'nt the Real World, it is Neo or was. Neo kept Zion from being destroyed or eventually beating the machines because he kept on restarting the Matrix. But now that Neo chose the other door, the MWAM is now broken, that is the most cheapest thing I have ever heard MWAM.

JediHDM
The anomaly does not keep restarting the Matrix, he keeps choosing people to help rebuild Zion. The Architect says "The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the Matrix 23 individuals 16 females 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the Matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race. "

Zion was destroyed every time there was an anomaly, and besides, I'm not saying that there is a Matrix inside a Matrix, I'm say that there are two, completely different programs, one of which is systematically cleansed every time there is an anomaly, and rebuilt. Also, destroying Zion and those connected to the matrix would still leave the fields of babies yet to be harvested, thereby meaning humanity would not be destroyed, and that the Architect is lying, at least to a certain extent, to make Neo choose the way he wants Neo to choose. Why would the machines want to rebuild Zion, if it weren't some form of control, some way that they can control those not tapped into the Matrix? I cannot imagine why the machines, who are so hell-bent on finding and destroying Zion, would want another to be created right after the last one was destroyed, unless it were also a programmed reality to control the dissidents. Also, the Architect says "There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the Source and the salvation of Zion. the door to your left leads back to the Matrix to her and to the end of your species." Here we see the Architect lie again, as he says that taking the right door saves Zion, whereas earlier he said He must choose 23 people in order to REBUILD Zion. Which is it, salvation ar rebirth? On a side note, Neo is the sixth anomaly, and the number six, taken from a biblical perspective, is the number of humanity.

I will admit that i was wrong about the holes in the arms. But everything in the M2 seems to point to Zion being another program, another form of control. The Omega, you make very valid points, but they do not disprove my theory.

Kes
Well dont you think that if the mind rejects 1 wouldn't it reject the other.
After all its the same think just a different reality.

Another_Smithy
I see what your getting at JediHDM but Kes has a more clearer point that shoots part of your theory out the door. I do think Zion is a form of control in one way, it keeps the Humans cuddled into one little area instead of being spread out into different areas. It would be harder for the machines to track down every single human on Earth. Also it keeps Neo to have to choose the door to "rebuild Zion" so he can reboot the system.

Kes
Yeh.

JediHDM
Excuse me if this reply doesn't seem coherent but i already had my reply ready to send, but i hit "add reply" instead of "submit reply". So now i have to remember what i said. :~(

Usually, we assume there are two choices. Matrix or Zion. At the end of the movie, when Neo realizes that Zion is different, his mind is making the leap, realizing that Zion feels like the Matrix. He *feels* the Sentinels, and this is unnerving, because he is only human in Zion, right? Then, he tests his hypothesis, that, if he can feel the Sentinels in Zion, like he can feel the Agents in the Matrix, then he should be able to use his powers to stop them. He stops the Sentinels, and his mind pops, unable to comprehend how Zion isn't real, how it can be a programmed reality. This is why Neo goes into a coma. It seems plausible that, if you throw-up and faint when you realize that the Matrix isn't real, then wouldn't your reaction be even more aggresive if you found out that the alternative to the Matrix is just that, an alternative, except created by the machines?

Side note: This is just a possibilty, dont bite my head off if im totally wrong, just criticize. Since Smith/Bane is now human, doesn't it seem plausible that when he realizes that he can feel the Sentinels also, his mind goes into overload and he goes into a coma also? It is also a possibility that he forces himself into a fake coma, in order to be rescued and have a chance at killing Neo in Zion.

Side side note: There are many instances in the movies which say/ allude to the idea that, in order to win, humans and machines must work together, namely the Oracle "We're all here to do what we're all here to do. I'm interested in one thing, Neo, the future. And believe me, I know, the only way to get there is together." I believe this to mean that Neo and Smith must, somewhere work together. Each has become part-human/part-machine, thereby making them the links to the two systems. This is only an idea, and it will be rethought and redesigned as time goes by, but that is what i believe to be true.

Kes
Well in my opinion Neo stoped the sentinals because his mind (or part of his mind)is stil in the matrix.
Smith simply downloaded himself into Banes just like they download the kung fu.

Thats the way I see it.

hodgie723
thats exactly what i think Kes

icansee
I know for sure that morpheus does not die and Smith does.

JediHDM
I'm not discounting that Smith just downloaded himself into Banes, but i'm saying that I don't think Anything in the Matrix would be able to influence any facet of reality in Zion, unless they were of the same make-up. This would mean that Zion be the same as the Matrix, ergo it is a program. Someone else said that, when Neo destroyed Smith in M1, he also created a virus that would be the "cataclysmic system failure". This is also a very plausible argument, because the Architect said that "the anomaly revealed as both beginning and end", and "Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strengths and your greatest weakness".

Crash_Overload
This MIGHT be off topic, but I don't want to start a thread all about it. It might be something, it might not. But I finished the download OF M" on Kazaa, and remeber after he fights 3 agents in the Renuion? after he flies away to some building? He Says "Where are you?" then we cut scene to The Neb arriving at Zion. Does Anybody think that that might have to do with soemthing? Or anything?

JediHDM
the building he goes to, and the room he enters, is that of the Oracle. He goes there to try and see if whe is there. If you will remember, he is waiting for her to call him, because he needs to talk to her. I don't think that it is really pertinent that the scene cuts to the entrance to Zion. However, what is amazing, that i didn't realize before, is that the Zion mainframe, is also a sort of Program, where the operators are watching the ships dock from within the program.

JediHDM
On a side note: if you go and look up the names of the Characters, you realize how biblical the Matrix is. Ex. Morpheus is the god of Dreams, "one who shapes or dreams". After the Neb is destroyed, Morpheus says "I have dreamed a dream, but now this dream has gone from me." This would correspond to the John the Baptist allusion referenced earlier, as Morpheus is told that he will find the one, and then shapes Neo in his growth, until Neo is the One, like John the Baptist was born as a precursor to Jesus, and Baptises Jesus even though John knows he is below Jesus in spirituality.

Crash_Overload
Yeah, I was wondering why there where chairs and people plugged in, And then I was wondering HOW they could have all theos sensors and stuff, with the projection on screens made of thin glass etc etc. And I already knew about them have biblical reference (if you joined earlyer you would of seen an entire new forum about MAtrix Philosiphical talk, but I don't know why but it was shut down) Any way, thanx for your help

Crash_Overload

Crash_Overload

The Omega

Crash_Overload
meh. As i said.... i don't fully trust it.

JediHDM
no, i did not mean that Morpheus was a christian god. when i said it has biblical allusions, i was refering to the definition, "one who shapes" as similar to John the Baptist. i never meant to portray Morpheus as a Christian god, as there is only one. and what hypothesis are you talking about?

Ivanovich
You all don't know what you are saying. They aren't in the real world in Sion, thats just another sistem to control humans. The machines have 2 programs. BeLIEve the Unexpectable.

Ivanovich
JediHDM is right. His wise theory is the real one. You all have to watch the Anime Movie "Ghost in the Shell" that will lead you to an answer, on the Matrix meaning. you have to beLIEve the Unexpectable my people

Ivanovich
Matrix really is like The Holy Bible, based on it, But the movie "Ghost in the Shell" is a part more important than the metaforical representations of Sion the city that will raise after the second coming with all the saved or choosed by their faith. And Neo as the Mesias. Even the Nabucodonasor have a Biblical meaning that i can't remeber. Persephone is a beast daugther of Ades the Greek god of death.(I guess)
But what i say is that the explication that Matrix give to Life is cleary based in Gho in shell, so I supose that the end will be similar. Open to a entire new universe of Matrix. you have to beLIEve.

JediHDM
Finally, somebody who is willing to think outside the box, but this has been a good debate. I will have to watch that movie.
Persephone was the daughter of Ceres, and Hades kidnapped her to be his wife, but it was decided that she would only be his wife for one season of the year, which is winter and is why crops do not grow in winter. King Nebuchadnezzar was in the Bible, as he was the babylonian King who conquered Jerusalem, destroyed the Temple, and deported many Jews into Babylonia. Its up to you to figure out what that one could mean.

The Omega

The Omega

JediHDM
I'm not saying that the names themselves make the Bible literal, and no, you're right, it doesn't say "trinity" in the bible. However, the definitions of names of certain (not all, i never said all) characters creates a biblical similarity that helps us to understand the characters, and thereby their purpose, better. Also, i never said there is a MWaM, i said there are two programs, both created by the machines, in which to control humanity and force resistance down. Also, it is not introduced in the final chapter, but neither is it blatantly stated. Perhaps it is that the W-ski Bros. want their audience to think outside the box, rather than being fed the answers. Perhaps i am completely wrong, Zion is really the real world. However, how do you explain the purpose of making Zion be rebuilt, by someone who has free choice, in order to destroy it again in a hundred or so years. It doesn't seem plausible that the machines would allow the humans to create Zion, if they do not have control over it, and over the humans that inhabit it. If you owned slaves, would you allow them to escape, just to kill them? no, you would make sure that they do not escape. I believe the machines created the Zion program in order to allow humans to think they were free of the machines grasp, when in reality they are still the slaves they were in the Matrix. It is too big a jump for Zion to NOT be another program, completely seperate from but connected to the Matrix, that everything the Architect said to be falacious, and for how Neo stopped the Sentinels. It is harder to accept, than that Zion is a program. I'm sorry, but i cannot accept that.

Ivanovich
Smith said to Neo that the actual Matrix is a result of previous failures.That humans reject a program design to give them(us) a paradise with total peace and no suffering. But millions were wasted. Humans couldn't accept the idea, that they were suposed to live in that paradise.So machines created the Oracle to constantly try to anticipate humans behavior, and make the Matrix aceptable. Those who beLIEve that there was something else, that didn't accept what the machines try to make them believe, as the saved ones, those who achieve salvation were taken to an anestesy land, Zion. The place where they aparently see the truth. But as in "Ghost in the s." a program that perfect, need to have some kind of ERROR, an error that isn't that really. Humanity.

Ivanovich
The Key is the ANIMATRIX. Neo was the first mind to probe Matrix weakness. To keep him focused in the Matrix, away from the Zion program, the machines lied to him, making him beLIEve that he had to choice saving Humanity. But Love make Matrix fail.The problem is the choice. Now he outside the matrix, he sense the sentinels, as he reads Matrix. He will self awake as the atlethe in Animatrix. he will take his mind to the real limit and take it beyond without Taking no Pill. as the boy that jump from the building. sorry about my english. i didn't mean to ofend anybody OMEGA

Ivanovich
I'm just tryng to say
You have to BeLIEve the Unexpectable
Matrix is only a mind expression. The truth rest in our minds
as an Art Expression. Is willing to be interpretated.

I think they give us a clue.
When Persephone said to Neo that the Menovingio used to be like him.
What i think is That the menovingio were an older version of NEO...
not a program. But obsolet.
That's why only one smith could match Neo.

JediHDM
No, we have already said that the Mero is not an older Neo. And one Smith couldn't match Neo, that's why we're in this predicament in the first place, because Neo desttroyed Smith, but Smith wouldn't accept it.
And Neo has already self-substatiated, because he was able to stop the Sentinels with his mind, rather than allow his friends be killed.

Leog14
My point, Neo Lives, Smith gets reprogrammed into a good guy, Niobe and Morpheus hook up, Link gets hooked up and stays there and Neo and trinity live happily ever after

The Omega

JediHDM
I do not think Smith gets "reprogrammed", i think he must be destroyed. Smith is Neo's antithesis, his character foil, and as such, Neo must destroy him in order to truly save humanity. Also, i don't know where everyone keeps getting that i think that the matrix is a program inside the Zion program. I do not think this. I think that the two are two totally seperate programs, that people are jacked in between one and the other. I do not think they are in each other, but rather seperate, and when one "awakes" from Matrix, he is really just inserted into Zion. It is possible that Matrix is in Zion programming, but i cannot understand how that would work. If any one can figure it out, let me know, but the only thing i can think of is that a lager proram would not be nested inside a smaller program

Leog14<Link gets hooked up and stays there>

What do you mean by this? Unless i am just an idiot, i have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you are talking about.

JediHDM
Does nobody else have any thoughts? I know we have gained some new members, what do y'all think will happen in Revolutions?

Darth Devil
i dont know if this was said but if u play enter the matrix the orical ttells u tht neos mind is traped between my world and yours (your being the real wrld mine the matrix) and was said shortly after wat happened at end of reloaded so in case u wer wonderin or it wasnet said tht explains end of reloadedd
also in the simith v neo fight neo will win becauase if he loses every one in zion dies (remember wat oralcal said and wat smith said in matrix 1) and matrix will then go offline ad tht wud be a shitty ending rember
smith want codes so he can get to zion destroy it be free and out of real world
lol maybe smith will get to zion in person and just live there
he cud even help em fight machines but thts only in the spoof verson lol
stick out tongue

angrychild
NEO WILL LIVE! HE IS THE ONE.

stinkfist462
SMITH LIVES!!! LONG LIVE SMITH!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.