Arnie Fans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

glenn
Reply to me if you like Arnold Schwarzenegger and why you think he is a good actor.

Metroplex
Yeah. I use to watch Arnie's old movies all the time as a kid. He was a very good action star.

cermiestar
you're getting less of a response in here than i was getting

DeNiro
Man i love arnold he is my hero if u really like him i would suggest go see his best movie pumping iron it is about his way to winnign Mr O. for the sixth time against Louie ferrigno and Serg nebre it is a awsome movie at least i liked it i would becasue i like body building just as much as he des so it is my type of movie. also he kicked ass in true lies and all the terminators havent seen t3 yet but he will also preditor he is the ****in man no one better except for Robert DeNiro of couser lol

turin
Arnie is the greatest action star of all time. His latest movies havent been to hot but the old stuff is just classic. as far as acting, well i wouldnt want to see him in a drama if you get what i mean.

Captain REX
He's a good actor, but he's running for Californian governor. Don't see him winning for some reason.

Captain REX
So? You're Anti-Arnie thread is just like your Anti-Eowyn thread in the LOTR section: people are saying that you are being too harsh and too narrow minded.

Metroplex
cermiestar, most of the posts in your the thread about Anti Arnie are actually people who like him. If you read it, it is only you who hate him.

ToMacco
Schwarzenegger isn't a good actor, but he plays a good action star. He's much better than those candy ass thumb suckers (Van Damme, Stallone, Vin Disel. . .ext. . . )

glenn
I agree to that.

glenn
i think that vin disel is hot!!! - from Glenns sister

dulobast25
I'm sorry, stallone freakin cool in first blood, assassin, rocky 5, and especially in get carter. I could pass on judge dredd and all that. Vyn diesel is in the same category. He's not an excellent actor, but a good action star. But the roles he does get he does so convincingly to the satisfaction on the writers and directors and movie studio, which is what acting really is. I don't think satllone is cany ass. Creamystar is the candy ass. Sound like a jealous player hating.........

moviebuff
arnold cheated all of his fans. he is running 4 the governer of cali and its arnie's end of career .why did he say tht if t3 is a hit then he will soon make t4 . he pissed me off. wonder wat the terminator 4 writers r going to come up with now.can someone tell me how long is the term of the governer of cali?or if u have got any good news plllleeeeaaase tell me.

ragesRemorse
sorry to break this to you buddy but Arnolds career ended with Last action hero

moviebuff
buddy rages now reading ur replys is a complete waste of time.u r so discouraging and unpleasant.

Rhubarb Man
How is he cheating his fans? Did you stop to think that he thinks he is doing his fans a favour by running for cali governor?

Lt.Columbo
Dos this mean no T4?.............. confused

moviebuff
its ok that he is running for the governer of cali but then why did he tell so many websites that he had already signed for t4 and said that the more successfull t3 is the faster they can make T4. thats how he cheated us.

moviebuff
someone please tell me for how many years is term for a governer of cali? and there will b a t4 but without arnold

ragesRemorse
Arnold would be doing everyone who likes movies a favor by getting elected into office, even though he knows jack shit about politics, who cares its only Cali cant get much worse, and do you actually believe that there has to be an arnold for another terminator movie, Damn! some better acting might do the series a booster alright im not tryin to p*iss anyone off but i know i might be im just still sore because i was dissapointed so much from T-3, any way assuming there will be a T-4 should all the machines be CGI or mixed with life scale puppetry like the previous films before T-3, i think a balanced mixture could work but if it would be all CGI wouldnt it be kind of pointless to go see? what you htink

JRatT12

Member.
the next terminator will probably be about them two love birds getting married in the bunker and fighting to survive and trying to reach other survivors.

skule
If arnie wins trust me he would do a cameo or even work around his governor schedule to do t4, sending california in a downward spiral due to neglegiance for a movie role. T4 would probably include a love scenario with claire danes and nick stahl, much like linda hamilton and micheal biehn etc, I doubt arnie is not gonna do a T4 unless there is no T4 at all.

moviebuff
now arnie is runnin in 2006 october, is there any chance of him completing shooting for t4 b4 that? and skule pleeeeease tell me what makes u think that?i m dying 2 know.

moviebuff
by the way when will the elections b held?

ragesRemorse
i hope gary coleman gets elected

moviebuff
first time i agree with u rages.

moviebuff
please tel me man when r the elections taking place?

moviebuff
mario kassar says that T4 is in the works and said that arnie has decided to do politics but he said that arnie has also showed interest towards T4. wat does he mean? arnie can do T4 even if he wins. how many of u think that way?

JRatT12

JRatT12
and the elections are October first or thread I cant remember which one

alic88
bottom line: if arnold wins, forget him doing even 1 minute in t4. why? because he said he wouldn't have enuff time for his children. if arnold doesn't win( which looks unlikely) then he migh and i say MIGHT just go back 2 movie career.

ragesRemorse
I agree with you Jrat there should prolly be more people elected into polictial offices who know more about things they wanna change than the polotics of it all but in the words of george carlin if truth were introduced into the american system america would collaps

moviebuff
guys go to this web site-thearnoldfans.com and here u will see an article if on which u click u can sign on a petition for arnie 2 cont movies after ending cal governorship and atleat play the terminator in T4. everyone sign and keep tellin me. please pass on this idea 2 as many people as u can. the more signs the better chances there would b.

alic88
i'll try but petitions dont usually work

moviebuff
if u r a true terminator fan then u must atleast try coz if the signs are in 1000's then he may just listen.

Lt.Columbo
I'll do it.

dulobast25
robin williams and george carlin are geniuses. I thin arnie can run aclai and do a cameo for t4. he just is neede for the kill john scene and flashbacks and the assembly line and maybe being sent back to 1984. They might be able to use cut footage from t1 to do that. Arnold will make time, that's how he is, he's very motivated and knows the part well and requires few retakes and instruction and sice jc is not there they won;'t have to be as perfect or detail oriented. I wish arnie good luck.

dulobast25
i support arnold

Rhubarb Man
If Arnold wants to run for governor, so be it. Im not going to sign a peitition to tryand make him change his mind

skule
even if arnie runs i know he will least do a cameo in t4. I love arnie but other than the terminaor movies i hvent liked any of his past movies laterly, 6th day was ok...collertral damage ..bleh didnt like it, arnie needs to do like a war movie about the germans etc and speak in his native language as a german officer or something..now that would be cool!

dulobast25
i liked true likes, commando and predator and t1 and t2 and raw deal and red heat 6ths day and end of days i liked. eveything else blows. I liked conan too. and skule, i like your idea

skule
i like arnie's older movies a lot, just the last 2-3 i didnt like, oh arnie is supposed to do true lies 2 i dont know whats happening iwth that, yeah i really think arnie should do a proper war movie, a character based on his german/austrian background. I like red heat where he was a russian too,

dulobast25
yeah that's a good idea. He should do a film based on his life and actual film discussing the abuse and the dream of a ficitonal ausrian boy who dreams of stardom and greatness in a far away land. Something he could bring some real acting talent to. People assume he cannot act due to his accent, just like assuming the accent means one is stupid .

skule
his life story kinda role? interesting, but i always wanna see arnie in a military officer kinda role, like a german or eastern european officer role in an army war situtaion sorta thing. German officer would be good as we can hear him speaking german etc.

moviebuff
true ies 2 wont b made if arnie wins coz in that movie arnie has gotta play the lead role.

skule
i thought they had already begun filming it this year, not sure.

dulobast25
yeah they should have him in native toungue in both fil,m ideas ahowing a caption @ the bottom of the screen..more authentic. This accent would be more welcome in it's own language. I still support arnie

o kiMMii o
total recall is hectic as well!!! =]
so is True lies 2 and ALien 5 being made?!

alic88
i only like him in the terminator movies. thats it

skule
yeah true lies is supposed to be next for arnie to make but i dont know how thats gonna happen with this governor thing.

alic88
he is falling behind oin the governer thing

skule
then we will see arnie in terminator 4!!!

dulobast25
Yes, but arnie still has a strong position..I'm in cali and many dems are voting for arnie. I'm voting for him. I wish him luck. I mean he supported t3 being ,made so we should support him. If it wasn't for arnie, no crane scene and wothout that and the bathroom scene t3 would have really bombed, so wish him luck. By the way, arnie was good in the predator and commando the term flicks and true lies. He wsa really god in raw deal. other stuff, they cam keep it. the worse was batman 4

skule
dude u shouldntg be voting for arnie because he coz of t3!!? U should vote for him based on the issues for california reform! I dont know about democrates voting for a republican arnie.

dulobast25
That;s not what i mean. I mean he supports what he fans want and we should support him in pursiung his american dreams. This in separate fromthe issues. I support arnie pursuing his dreams. But as far as voting, i'm simply tired of davis and i think he needs to go. I'm voting for arnold becasue of ficall reasons and he is a sucessful business mand ans has suceeded in most eveyrhting he's done and was a millionadre by age of 23 or 28 yet came here with mostly dreams and is a sucess story and undertands both the plight of the haves AND the have nots.
I think you misinterpreted, i'm not alic....i support his decision. I'm voting for him for his drive and his sucessufl mindset.

skule
ahh good good, i thought u meant u were just voting for him coz of t3...anyways is davis really that bad?? What has he done specifically?

dulobast25
Not enough and not much, thst' one problem. And eveyrhting he does do is too late and masot of his comments revolve around pointing the finger and raising money for his cmapaign while our economy flounders.

One other good thing about arnie is that he has a stoic stance and has the physical presece of authority which is agood thing.

TheFilmProphet
I'm definitely an Arnie fan happy

vvvrulz
Not for his acting of course, Arnie has setup a genre of his own really, where it is all blazing guns and no plot, hell thats how we like em !

TheFilmProphet
Thats a perfect description of "Commando" lol

Unfortuantely he has helped bring in such disappointents as The Rock and Vin Diesel. wink

vvvrulz
To be honest, I dont think The Rock is really all that bad, although Vin Diesel is trash.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah it looks like Vin Diesel is reading off of cue-cards whenever he does a film.

To be honest, I think Arnie completely single handly saved action films and brought the genre a new future.

vvvrulz
A future which will probably be ruined.

TheFilmProphet
Without Arnie around anymore I think so too.

eggmayo
commando was great, purely because of how shit it was

TheFilmProphet
lol, I loved Pumping Iron and still do happy

vvvrulz
eggmayo: Exactly right !!

It was so crap yet so fun to watch.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I have to agree.

Classic 80's Action Movie Plot: Blow up huge things, kill dozens of bad guys, save your daughter, fight the boss, then go home with the beautiful girl with only one scratch on your face after its all said and done.

vvvrulz
Now THERE is a perfect Commando description.

TheFilmProphet
I'm starting to miss the Arnie 80's action movies days. sad

eggmayo
I think terminator films and predator were his only films that were decent enough to pay for

TheFilmProphet
What about True Lies and maybe the first Conan?

vvvrulz
True Lies was good, Predeator was great.

I thought The Running Man was kinda underrated too, its really not too bad.

TheFilmProphet
Most of Arnie's films were great or at least good (besides Jingle All The Way, and Junior) but my favorites will always be Terminator 2 and Pumping Iron.

vvvrulz
I still havent seen pumping iron...

TheFilmProphet
Really? wow

Its a real classic and it features the 1975 competition of Mr. Olympia which pitted the Hulk himself Lou Ferrigno against the Terminator Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Summary: Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Terminator) stars in the exciting "Pumping Iron," the box office blockbuster that elevated body building from freak show to art form and launched Schwarzenegger's mega-superstar career. Schwarzenegger is mesmerizing and ruthless as he psyches out competitors - including Lou "The Hulk" Ferrigno, Franco Columbo and Mike Katz - in his quest for a sixth straight Mr Olympia title. Surprising backstage and off-sight scenes reveal why they muscle warriors are seduced by the sport and how they and their families are consumed with defeating the Champion of Champions, Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Link at Amazon where you can purchase the "Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)" and they give you the full details on the DVD special features. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000C3I6U/qid=1107234645/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-1426986-8211220?v=glance&s=dvd

TheFilmProphet
DVD Cover

http://www.trulyhuge.com/pumping-iron.jpg

eggmayo
Shit, I forgot True Lies. Didnt really like the Conan's though.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I knew you must have forgot one, True Lies is a true classic. cool

vvvrulz
That it is, especially good ol Bill Paxton laughing out loud

TheFilmProphet
He was hilarious in that movie and I loved the scene where Arnie is day dreaming that he just punched Paxton in the face and broke his noise while he was talking.

vvvrulz
LOL yeah, that was classic.

TheFilmProphet
I think Predator and Total Recall were also very good films of Arnie's.

vvvrulz
Predeator was an alltime great, despite the ending being somewhat far fetched imo.

eggmayo
You mean as in Arnie killing the Predator or as in the Predator nuking shit up?

vvvrulz
As in Arnie running away from a massive mushroom explosion.

eggmayo
laughing
Especially when in Predator 2 they said it blew up an area equivelant to 10 city blocks...

vvvrulz
lol Yeah, and Arnold walks off with hardly a scratch.

eggmayo
Just a corny Arnie moment.

vvvrulz
There are many, for example the big mismatch at the end of Commando, big bodybuilder versus fat Aussie guy.

eggmayo
Was a cool fight though

vvvrulz
Haha yeah guess so.

Konjammenson
Arnold's best movie has got to be Hercules in New York! whistle

eggmayo
wats that all about?

vvvrulz
Never bothered to watch it..

alic88
not really a fan of ARNOLD other than the t movies.. if i had2pick 1 i would pick... no i cant even pick1other than tht lol

vvvrulz
lol You know, some of his other movies aren't that bad.

TheFilmProphet
They are all great to me or at least decent if you remove Jingle All The Way, Junior, and Batman and Robin from the list.

vvvrulz
Batman and Robin... UGH

TheFilmProphet
Yeah truly not the highlight of Arnie's career.

vvvrulz
The very opposite of a highlight.

TheFilmProphet
Fortunately he had films like T2 to overshadow bad films such as that one.

TheFilmProphet
THE GOVERNOR'S OSCAR BALL!
Arnold wins big at the Oscars!
Reported By: http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/847.htm
Monday, February 28, 2005

Yesterday, before the Oscars began, Arnold told the media that he hoped his good pal and idol Clint Eastwood would sweep the Oscars. Most people thought "The Aviator" would win so when Eastwood and his movie cast picked up most of the biggest awards, we could practically hear Arnold bust out his "Stay Hungry" fiddle and do a happy dance!

Every year the stars head to the after parties; the biggest one being "The Governor's Ball"! Arnold certainly had a great evening congratulating his buddy Clint for The Best Picture of the Year, The Best Director, and more! Is Clint giving Arnold the Acting bug again? How badly now does Arnold want an Oscar after he finishes being Governor?

The 77th Academy Awards was a great night for Arnold fans. Not only did Arnold get his wish with "Million Dollar Baby" sweeping the awards, but host Chris Rock emerged for his monologue to the Terminator theme. "Commando" and "True Lies" were also shown on the screens among others in homage to Cinema's greatest motion pictures!

coolmovies
Am a big arnie fan i seen all his movies T2 is outstanding !! I also like
Preditor
commando
Eraser
jingle all the way
and many more

this guy rocks !!

vvvrulz
One of the true Arnold classics is "The Running Man".

That movie really 'hits the spot'. (pun intended)

barand1
Well said. thumb up

Praylu
I have to admit, Pumping Iron in my opinion was one of Arnie's greatest films as well.

vvvrulz
Still havent seen it..

barand1
Shocking...

coolmovies
I seen all the arnie fillms

barand1
Me too. I do miss an Arnold film at the cinema sad

coolmovies
seen them all on tv

barand1
I have most of them on DVD, which reminds me I must watch some of them again!

coolmovies
I have a few as well Eraser is the best

barand1
The last Arnold film I watched (I think) was The Running Man. Great Arnold flick from the 80s.

U Neek
I'm probably gonna get shot down for this but I really like "Last Action Hero". I dunno what it is about that film. It's totally cheesy with some of its humour, but some parts of it are really funny and the end is quite emotional when Danny puts his life on the line for Jack.

All in all, an enjoyable movie (in my opinion).

U

barand1
Last Action Hero is so underrated it's untrue. I love it... big grin

U Neek
That's what I've always thought as well. It's so good the way the script "plays" on how movies actually are ("I kept getting into all these crazy adventures...And the craziest part is I lived through them all"wink

There's so much about this film. I hope they never make a sequel to it though, because on its own it stands up really well.

barand1
Yeah. Ooh I'm in the mood to watch it now :P

U Neek
"Eraser" was on a Sky movies channel the other night. I've never watched this movie from beginning to end, so the other night when it was on I had the opportunity to do so. But I only caught the first 10 mins cos it was on late and it was on on a work night :-(

But like I've seen parts of this film and from what I've seen it looks pretty decent. Can anybody provide me with more info in regards to this movie?

U Neek
Originally posted by barand1
Yeah. Ooh I'm in the mood to watch it now :P

How about End of Days barand1? Do you think that's any good? The thing I like about that movie is it pits big bad Arnie up against an invincible foe (the Devil!!!)

barand1
Yeah I like it U Neek (how that feels bad yet funny calling you that). My favourite scene is when the Devil goes to Jericho apartment and Jericho goes mad after the Devil "brings back" Jericho's family before this is said:

Jericho: They're not real.
Satan: Would that matter?
Jericho: Oh, yes.
Satan: I think you need a reminder of how painful reality can be.

Bang!

T3 reminds me of a collection of some of the best parts in Arnold's films. The one that comes to mind at the moment in End of Days that is again used in T3 is the arm going through someone's chest. In EOD its Satan's arm going through the train driver and we all know what happened in T3...

What about The 6th Day? Do you like that U Neek? I think it would of been a bit better with a different and better director.

U Neek
Oh yeah, that's where I've seen the arm going through the other person trick before...End of Days. I rented that movie just after it was released and I've never seen it since...But when I watched T3 that scene in the cop car reminded me of another scene in a previous Arnold film.

I have not seen The 6th Day...Never had the chance really. For some reason I think it sounds similar to Total Recall, even though it's about the cloning process. But I'm more into his old skool movies, like Commando (total cheese fest), Predator, Running Man and even Twins (yes really!)

BTW, cool scene you mentioned above. It's in that same conversation that the Devil mentions God having a better publicist then the Devil...Now that was quite humorous I thought!

barand1
Ha Ha yes... gotta love Twins. One of me faves!

U Neek
O my God! Bought a British newspaper yesterday and it came with a free weekly TV guide. Upon viewing Monday's TV, a certain channel I receive from a certain dish (coughs *sky*) is showing not only Conan The Barbarian, and not only The Terminator but also Commando!

That's 3 (count em, 3) Arnold films, back to back, with no TV adverts during the movies! And then later on in the week Eraser is on. I'm going to make a point of taping this movie and watching it!

All in all, a pretty good week for TV viewing if you're an Arnold fan...

barand1
Woopieeeeeeeeeeee! big grin

U Neek
Duuuuh!

What kind of Arnie fans are we barand1??? The reason they were showing Arnie's movies is because it was his birthday this week.

The big guy turned 60 (he'll be collecting his pension in a few years, LOL!)

But aye, Arnie Schwarzenegger, born 30 July 1947.

U Neek
O yeah, forgot to say this: Happy belated Birthday Arnie.

barand1
Oh yeah!... I knew it was his Birthday but I didn't put the two together.

Well done U

Happy Birthday to Arnold (for Monday...gone)

U Neek
Hey, thought I'd bump this thread up to the top cos 30th July is only round the corner and before we know it, the big guy will be 61!

Still doesn't look a day over 30 though...

barand1
True, Arnold has been a role model for me since I was a little boy.

I only wish he would of made more science fiction films, because let's face it, Arnold can do no wrong with sci-fi!

U Neek
True. I thought Total Recall was OK, Predator rocked and of course the Terminator trilogy will always be up there.

I haven't really seen The 6th Day but I've read the plot line and it seems pretty interesting.

My fave Arnie movie after The Terminator and T2: Judgement Day has to be True Lies. A fair few weeks ago Kindergarten Cop was on a British TV channel. Man that's a funny Arnie movie. It brought back memories cos I was a kid when I watched it. But the channel it was on ruined it cos it cut loads out! May have to buy it to watch it properly...

barand1
Ha, yeah I know what you mean. Got to love Kidergarten Cop, it's one of my childhood favourites. I can hear that piano score now...

U Neek
Gee, not that long now. Only another 7 days (one full week) until the big guy hits 61.

I bet you he's finding it hard to sleep at night!! Wonder what his family has got him.

Maria: Here you go Arnold.
Arnold: Maria, I told you, no more dumbbells, OK?

barand1
Ha ha. I watched a recent interview of him the other day and he looked absolutely knackered. I also read somewhere that he said he was done with making movies

sad

U Neek
I think nowadays people are in to the "pretty boy" look over muscle bound freaks. To be fair to Arnie, he's had his day and a pretty good career. I know quite a few of the movies he's made have been knocked by people, but I could watch them over and over again.

Films like Running Man, Commando, hey, even Twins to an extent, are some of my favourites. I wouldn't buy it, but whenever Junior is on TV I watch it cos I think it's OK.

Then he's got some hardcore movies, like The Terminator, Raw Deal and End of Days. These types of movies show him to be the bad ass that he is and that we love.

Respect to the guy. He made his muscles work for him, and it paved the way to a glorious career. You can hate him, you can say he can't act, you can say his movies are crap but hey, he still brought in the cheddar, starred in some amazing movies and spawned off a bunch of imitators.

Only one Arnie. Always has been, always will be!

U Neek
Happy birthday to the big guy!!

I hope he has a few on me beer cos I've stopped drinking for a while.

All the best Arnie, I hope you have a good one!

vvvrulz
Originally posted by U Neek

Films like Running Man, Commando, hey, even Twins to an extent, are some of my favourites.

The Running Man is pure Arnie gold.

It literally has every crucial Arnie element in spades, science fiction plot, cheesy villains, choice one-liners. I love it!

No other actor post Schwarzenegger has developed his own unique brand of movies (except maybe Jim Carrey).

barand1
I miss the big guy sad

U Neek
Hey, don't be too down. He'll be back...

vvvrulz
They'll have to CGI his body though, unless he comes back as a retired father.

Ahnold
From what I've read, they're going to use CGI to superimpose Arnold's face onto the body of Roland Kickinger (who physically played the T-800 during shooting).

barand1
Originally posted by Ahnold
From what I've read, they're going to use CGI to superimpose Arnold's face onto the body of Roland Kickinger (who physically played the T-800 during shooting).

That's what I read too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.