Nevemind Vh1, THESE are the top 10 albums

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IGOTMYBEAT
1. Revolver - The Beatles
2. Definitley Maybe - Oasis
3. The Blue Album - The Beatles
4. What's The Story Morning Glory - Oasis
5. Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
6. Urban Hymns - The Verve
7. In Through the Outdoor - Led Zeppelin
8. The Chronic - Dr. Dre
9. ...And Out Come The Wolves - Rancid
10. Nevermind... - The Sex Pistols

JediOasis
You got great taste in music IGMB, well, except for maybe Dr Dre, but nobody's perfect smile I'll give you mine:
1. Revolver-The Beatles(Hey, even Oasis hasn't touched this one..........yet)
2. (What's the Story)Morning Glory?-Oasis
3. Ten-Pearl Jam
4. Definitley Maybe-Oasis
5. Alone with Everybody-Richard Ashcroft
6. The Joshua Tree-U2
7. Be Here Now-Oasis
8. Abbey Road-The Beatles
9. Third Eye Blind-Third Eye Blind
10. Standing on the Shoulders of Giants-Oasis

IGOTMYBEAT
Hold on you think WTSMG is better than Definitley Maybe??? No way!

P.S. you need to get the led out.

finti
hmm I said to myself I woudn`t get into this, but I had to because I nag a lot on Jedioasis about his favourite band. It`s only fair to him to see what my music likings are all about. Get ready for a blast to the past.

1. London Calling - The Clash
2. Made In Japan - Deep Purple
3. City to city - Gerry Rafferty
4. Hotel California - Eagles
5. Dark Side Of the Moon - Pink Floyd
6. Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie
7. Difficult to Cure - Rainbow
8. Volume IV - Black Sabbath
9. Burn - Deep Purple
10.Who`s next - The Who

Ratcat
Clearly my musical tastes differ from you guys, but here's mine.

1. Off the Wall - Micheal Jackson
2. In Blue - The Corrs
3. Bat out of Hell I & II - Meatloaf
4. Kind of Magic - Queen
5. Crush - Bon Jovi
6. Destiny - Gloria Estefan
7. Hey Kandi - Kandi
8. Images - Jean Michel Jarre
9. Back to the Future 1 - SOUNDTRACK
10.Bridge of Spies - T'Pau

Dim
Hmmmmm...Okay...I think I'll leave that one alone..

1. Blondie (Greatest Hits?!?, okay, I'm old)
2. FleetWood Mac (Rumours)
3. Tory Amos (Little Earthquakes)
4. Sarah McLachlan (Surfacing)
5. Pink Floyd (The Wall)
6. Sister Hazel (Somewhere more Familiar)
7. Fly (Dixie Chicks)
8. Simon And Garfunkel (Live in New York)
9. Moby (Play)
10. ???? (I'm sure I forgot one that I really really love..)

Gundark
Well, here's my $0.02.....

1. Syncronicity - The Police
2. Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
3. Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
4. Moving Pictures - Rush
5. 1984 - Van Halen
6. Fields of Gold - Sting
7. Slippery When Wet - Bon Jovi
8. End of the Innocence - Don Henley
9. Empire - Queensryche
10. Slip of the Tongue - Whitesnake
11. Pyromania - Def Leppard
12. Heart of the Young - Winger

finti
Some nice albums ther Gundark, ahh a fellow rocker!smile smile
Blondie, well Eat to the Beat was cool.
Ratcat thats a lot of softies heresmile smile

Gundark
My fav Blondie tune was "Rapture". Me and some friends of mine used to sing along word for word. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Sorry, I know. I have an eclectic tatse on music, R&B meets Rock.

King Jedi
1. (What's the story?) Morning Glory - Oasis
2. Definately Maybe - Oasis
3. Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
4. Urban Hymms - The Verve
5. The Second Coming - The Stone Roses
6. The History Of The Clash Volume 1 - The Clash
7. A Nothern Soul - The Verve
8. Pills n' Thrills n' Bellyaches - Happy Mondays
9. Mosely Shoals - Ocean Coulour Scene
10. Be Here Now - Oasis

JediOasis
Good to see ya around KJ and your taste in music is still very good. Have you heard the Richard Ashcroft solo CD? Its really good.

UnknownBountyHunter
Well, I don't know titles of songs, and since you guys are only familiar with American and British bands, I will only post those that I know and like! smile Here they are:

1)Beatles
2)Phil Kollins
3)Rolling Stones
4)The Eagles
5)Fleetwood Mak
6)Metallika (I just like them, excellent band, and Lars is great! smile )

finti
Well for your info ubh
rush is Canadian
U2 is Irish
I am familiar with other nationalities to bands that of US and british ones.

Gundark
I like Phil Collins and Genesis too, UBH. I admire any guy that can play drums and sing lead at the same time. They're very talented.

King Jedi
Jedioasis - I haven't heard Richard Ashcrofts new album but I plan to buy it. I saw him on David Letterman a few nights ago(might have been a repeat) and he was really good.

My number 10 should have been The Masterplan, Oasis and not Be Here Now. That would be eleventh.

finti
Should it be harder to play drums and sing leads rather than play guitar and sing leads?
What would impress me was someone who played the saxophone and sang lead.....simultaneously. laughing out loud

IGOTMYBEAT
The Richard Ashcroft album is pretty good. It's not as good as Urban Hymns but I mean, compared to what was out there, it probably was one of the best albums last year. It's very um...it's not very pub-rock, it's not very populist you know, not like the Verve or Oasis in terms of the message...does sound a lot like the Verve though.

The best songs on it are:

BRAVE NEW WORLD
ON A BEACH
YOU ON MY MIND IN MY SLEEP
COME ON PEOPLE

Pretty good overall. And that B-SIDE to A SONG FOR THE LOVERS, Could be a Country Thing is REALLY cool!

I give it **** out of 5.

JediOasis
I just saw the video for Come on People, thats my favorite song on the album, its really good. I just hope that Noel doesn't take the hint about leaving the band and releasing a solo album, STAY WITH OASIS!!!

IGOTMYBEAT
Nah Noel's got to put out a solo album eventually cuz he's got all these folky ballady type songs and he's gotta put em out eventually...but that doesn't mean he has to leave Oasis.

Gundark
Yeah, finti, I'd pay good money to see a guy play sax and sing at the same time too. laughing out loud laughing out loud

King Jedi
I can't really see him doing a solo album for a while. He has said that he doesn't want to tour on his own as he likes being in a band and playing with other musicians. I think Noel will just work with other people like he has been doing ie. Chemical Brothers,Lemonheads,Paul McCartney, Paul Weller, Stereophonics, but stay with Oasis.

I downloaded a lot of Oasis B-Sides and "lost songs" from napster and they are better than most bands albums. If you want I'll give you a list of good stuff to download.

JediOasis
Thanks KJ, but I have tons of their songs off Napster. I got all kinds of acustic stuff and rare songs that aren't even b-sides, but I'd like that list to see if there are any I don't have.

King Jedi
You probably have these:
Let's All Make Beleive
Stand By Me(acoustic)
Life In Vain
Cloudburst
My Sister Lover
Help(Acoustic)
To Be Someone (The Jam Cover)
Carnation
My Generation
I Got The Fever
Take Me Away
Sad Song
Boneheads Bank Holiday
Round Are Way (live)
Cun On Feel The Noize (Maine Road Live)
It's Better People
Fade Away (warchild version)
I'm Only Sleeping (cover with the Stereophonics)
Getting Older
It's A Crime
Angel Child
Daytripper(cover with Paul Weller)

By the way, that quote you have, when did he say that?

finti
OK enough oasis for now!!!!!! sad

Gundark
Okay...you said you're a rocker too, finti...besides what I listed I also like some Ozzy and some AC/DC and Metallica too. I think Dokken's "Paris is Burning" is an really cool tune that never gets any airplay. How about some of your favs ? smile

JediOasis
First to finti, this is a Discussion forum and we can talk about whatever we like. Anyhoo, to KJ, I already have all of those, but thanks anyways. I really like the Daytripper cover with Paul Weller and the To be someone cover as well. And I am not real sure when Noel said that, I found it on the offical Oasis website.

finti
Well this tread was called top 10 albums, so if you just want to discuss oasis, start an oasis tread!!!! smile

To Gundark, my alltime favourite band is by far Deep Purple. I also like what the various Purple members did after their Purple period, for me the Purple saga ended with "Come taste the band" 1975. Out of Purple you got Rainbow, Whitesnake, Tommy Bolin, Glen Huges, Ian Gillan Band.

As for Dokken they fall into my catogory of "perm band" together with Motley Crew, Bon Jovi, Europe, Rat etc. They are more interrested in their looks than their music.

Other bands I like is Blues Traveler,Marillion, Police, Led Zeppelin, U2 (until Rattle and Hum),David Bowie(old stuff), NEIL YOUNG(almost forgott about him). There are so many bands and artist I like and just as many as I dont like.(read modern music and brit bands, at least most of them)

IGETMYBEATepII
I'm still looking for someone that's got the songs on the lost tape that were auctioned off in 98.

Gundark
Cool picks, finti...The Police are my number one all time fav ! smile

I like your phrase "perm bands". Over here we call them "hair bands". I like Led Zep too..Rush and old Van Halen. I have U2's Rattle & Hum and War. I also have some in-between stuff like Hootie and the Blowfish, Huey Lewis and the News, Marc Cohen and Dire Straits. A little bit of everything. smile

finti
"Loose talking, the clasroom to hurt the try and try"
My favourite police song is the first version of dont stand so close to me, and I do like the old Van Halen too. Forgott to mention Lindsey Buckingham both as a solo artist and in Fleetwood Mac.(mirage is cool album) Some Styx(Babe).
At the moment Im really in to Tommy Bolin (again) former Zephyr, James Gang, Deep Purple and Tommy Bolin Band.
Rock and roll forever

Gundark
What do you think of Page/Plant 's "No Quarter" CD...(if you heard it) I thought the new version of Kashmir was excellent.

finti
I got it for christmas a couple of years ago, but i felt it was a big dissapointment. Zepplins "house of the holy" is my favourite, and Plants "Principal of moments".

Gundark
Plants "Fate of Nations" was good too...do you have that ?

finti
No, but my friend does its ok.

King Jedi
IGMB - I've read reveiws for that tape but I've been searching for the songs as well.

finti
Well Gundark I totally forgott an album, I kind off knew that would happen. An all time high JEFF BUCKLEY and his GRACE what a brilliant album, if you don`t have it run out and buy it. It`s so cool.smile smile rolling on floor laughing

JediOasis
KJ and IGMB II, I have some of those songs on my Napster account, username holmeshall, so if you want a few check it out. There are really good, but would you expect any less?

Gundark
Thanks finti...I'll check it out. smile

King Jedi
Jedioasis how can I find you on napster? I've added you to my hotlist but what else do I have to do.

JediOasis
Well, my roomates and I share the same name and we are always leave our Napster on so if you click on our name and you should see our list. Then just double click on the song you want and it should start downloading it for you.

queeq
I think my photo album should be on number one.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Huh, photo album.

*Shakes head and walks away*

He just doesn't get it.....

finti
How do you play it queeq?rolling on floor laughing

queeq
With chaos. laughing out loud

********WARNING - EXPLANATION FOR THE SLOW OF UNDERSTANDING***

Topic: Nevemind Vh1, THESE are the top 10 albums

Reference: Photo album

The joke's gone now, but chaos rules anyway. laughing out loud

Gundark
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Hehehe. queeq being mr. smarty pants again.

queeq
It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

Gundark
Ahem, I have the ANH soundtrack on......VINYL !!!!!!!

queeq
Ah very good. So do I. And ESB. And ROTJ.

finti
Is that the dobble album wit a lot of cool pictures in it?

Ratcat
queeq, ya wanna hold on to those if they're in goopd condition. Nice little legacy to leave for you children.

King Jedi
Does anyone know where I can get dowloads of Darth Vader breathing? It's for a college project and I've tried Napster but all I get is "Darth Vader Orgasm" and "Darth and Jabba smoke weed" which isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

queeq
I don't know. Sorry.

And yes, that is the ESB with the nice LP-sized full colour booklet and... the poster. I don't really know how good it is, I haven't listened to it for years. I got it second hand myself. I was exhilirated when I found it. In those days there weren't many soundtracks available in Holland.

Gundark
Well I have ESB also but not ROTJ. So just rub my nose in it now.

queeq
Don't worry. The ROTJ does not offer anything special. The ESB one is the real treat.

Gundark
Wrong again, master. I'M the real treat !!! laughing out loud

queeq
Sssssssssssshhhhht. Not everyone needs to know. laughing out loud

COREWORLD
Queeq, if you've got that ROTJ album handy, could you tell me if the score which is entitled 'Rebel Briefing' is the same one that appeared in the film? I heard the vinyl version years ago and am fairly certain it differs from the movie.

Ratcat
But that's true of most soundtracks. They tend to have much fuller versions of tracks than ever make it to the screen. TPM was the same.

queeq
Exactly, and they change edits. In fact they usually make a separate recording for the album, although I'm not sure if they did that with Star Wars.
But I have no record playern connected right now, I'll have to find the copy on a cassette to check it out. That may take some time though, and I don't know if I'll get to do it at all really. But I'll try.

Ratcat
Reemember just before Christmas they release the movie version of the soundtrack on 2 CD's. It was very different to the soundtrack edition.

queeq
Yes, and it's not even the true movie edition, there are several track from the original CD on it, like Auggie's Municipal Band March. Sony conned us on that one. I like it, but it's a lie that this is ALL the music that was in the film. Because it isn't, the liars.

Ratcat
I never bought it. I heard so many bad reports that I decided against it.

COREWORLD
Ratcat, i was sat listening to the TPM Ultimate collectors Edition for the first time and i have to say i didn't like it all that much, due to the fact that it is exactly how it sounds in the movie, so you get REALLY rough edits, where themes seemingly cut off half way through and clumsily segue in to another theme, this is due to GL's late editing of the space battle/lightsaber duel. But i have to say that after perseveering and listening to it a few times, it is now one of my favourites along with ESB.
Queeq, i was a wee bit annoyed at the fact that Sony had foisted on some of the tracks from the original album, most notably as you say Auggies Municipal and the End titles, i get a feeling that this will be enough of an excuse for them to release the Saga of Star Wars 12 disc anthology set in 2006.

Ratcat
Well yeah, if I wanted that I could just plug my VCR into the PC and burn it staright down. Would have the dialogue to though I guess.

Well, I like the traditional idea of a soundtrack where you have 10-15 tracks as they were written rather than how they appear in ther film.

queeq
I didn't mind it too much. I hated the cover and the lies Sony boasted with and the fact that there is still stuff missing. But I kind of enjoyed listening to it, being chronological and all. After all, I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. And you can't say all you get is crap. It's two discs, so approximately twice as much JW music as the original soundtrack release. If they ever make a REAL Anthology (I have the OT one and then they came of with the SE's, it never ends) I hope they will make JW make it.

Ratcat
Actually, I hope the ASK him to make it rather than locking him in a studio with a gun at his head. laughing out loud

queeq
JW didn't do this one. Actually, he hated some of the edits he had to make in the film, after GL changed the edit of the movie twice. Some of it is pretty disrupting the pace.

Ratcat
Maybe that explains why TPM score was never nominated for an Acar whilst all of the IT was.

BTW, did anyone see that JW was nominated for a record 39th time yesterday,

queeq
No, I only know about Hans Zimmer being nominated. What film was it for?

Ratcat
The Patriot.

queeq
Oh right. Is it good?

finti
The film was cool the soundtrack well......I dont know im still in shock after the boring Titanic soundtrack not to mention the very very very boring film.

queeq
Will you kill me if I say I liked both the soundtrack and the movie? Not on my super top ten, but still in favourite list.

JediOasis
I saw Titanic in the theather and fell asleep. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed.

finti
I will not kill you, but queeq titanic, leo sick

Ratcat
Well, personally I enjoyed Titanic.

Gundark
I thought Titanic was great not in the respect of the love story, but in trying to get across the horrible, tragic deaths of all those people.

queeq
For me it was the first Titanic story that made me feel what it was like to be on board that ship and what is was sort of like to go through such a disaster. Good points scored by Cameron for me.

Ratcat
Yeah, the effects really did help you to see how terrible it must have been.

finti
Well at least you didnt freeze like the real victims did!
The thing I disliked about the film was that the romance between Kate and Leo overshadowed the tragic event the disaster relly was.

Ratcat
But that was the story... A tragic romance... That's almost like saying I didn't like Star wars because it had space battles...

I guess, if you don't like that kind of movie, then I see what you saying.

finti
What I really mean is that they made a comercial success of a tragig event as the Titanic journey was.

Gundark
Yeah, but don't forget they showed Leo dying the horrible death in the water too. Although he shouldn't have lasted more than 3 or 4 minutes.

finti
Well, Leo deserved it.

queeq
laughing out loud Very funny, but I disagree with you about the romance overshadowing the disaster. That is the way we can partake personally in such a disaster: to become part of it. But I do understand why you would feel that way, I just disagree.

Gundark
Don't mind him, finti..disagreement is what chaos is all about. laughing out loud

queeq
"Disagreement is the very root of chaos."
- Chaos & Mayhem Handbook for Sith who are Bored out of their Skulls, Chapter one, paragraph four.

Gundark
Oooooooooo....I can't wait to see what's in chapter 2....laughing out loud

queeq
You, of all people, should KNOW what is in Chapter Two.

finti
I know: Three litle bearssmile

queeq
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTT
TTT. *Hushed voice* Not so loud.

Gundark
Then little red riding hood caught up with goldilocks on her way to the three bears house and they both went out for a cold beer.

Ratcat
You got a beer bear thing goin' on there Gundy

finti
Hmm I always thought Goldilocks was a kind off Tequilla girl. She probably had some chasers with the beer.smile

Ratcat
Party Animal Goldilocks!!! laughing out loud

Xizor
I can't spend the hours needed to make a list, but some of my favs:

Bob Marley: Legend
Dave Mathews Band: Under the Table and Dreaming
Grateful Dead: American Beauty
Beastie Boys: Licence to Ill
Nirvana: Nevermind

queeq
XIZOR!!! You of all people should know you shouldn't go off topic!!! laughing out loud

Xizor
Queeg.....sometimes I get upset. I suggest you not be there when this happens.smile

queeq
Now, that I gotta see. laughing out loud

Dim
Nope..too late laughing out loud

Closing topic stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.