It's happening exactly as before, well not exactly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nopy
In Smith's oppening appearence in reloaded after Neo whoops those three agents, two smiths turn up and say

Smith 1, Its happening exactly like before

Smith 2, Well not exactly

What is the significance of this, DOes this mean smith was there when neo Version 5 was manifested.

Thoughts on tis please !

Ushgarak
We don't know how much Smith knows. I would be amazed if he knew it all because then he would have known that breaking Morpheus would NOT have gotten him out of the Matrix after all! Mind you, he could have learnt it all since going renegade. In any case, the difference this time- or at least one difference- is Smith himself.

Crappybob
Yes, last time I don't think Smith was copying himself all over the place. That is whats different.

Sifer
I get the impression Smith knows many things. He knew about the first Matrix when he was talking to Morpheus in the first film...It seems that he knows certain key things but is missing the link on the rest. But since he has now become a virus, he seems to know much more...and definately things he shouldn't smile

One thing I do think though:- Smith is the key to the next film. That fight in the rain which is shown on the Teaser trailer is gonna be the big ending or final fight to decide what happens...whatever it may be. But I am pretty positive that no-one who has posted here will guess what will happen exactly (inlcuding me), the Wachowskis will give us a nice big surprise. (I have heard rumours the fight at the end with Smith and Neo takes place in the air as well as on the ground...now that WILL be something)

SpikeSpiegel
So it'll be something like in DragonBall Z where they fight while flying? Cool!

Seraph
and smith seems to become a much better fighter while becomig a virus. in revolutionsteaser you can see him fighting neo, and it looks like neo has hard problems to beat him.

SpikeSpiegel
Maybe as Neo is different from the other 1s when he blew up smith it made him different from his past incarnations.

nopy
We know that other programs that were exiles were not reloaded duriong previous runs of the matrix. Example, Oracle, merivingian, twins etc.

As smith is a program and his job is to trackdown rouge minds in thematrix, i would say he was there in at least the previous run of the matrix.

Smith's 'purpose' does not seem to have changed, he has always been tasked with trying to stop the one and he still wants to kill him.

In the rain scene in the trailer the small clip of the fight reminds me of the fight in the train staition in M1 ie Neo and Smith were pretty equally matched.

Deimos_2003
It seems to me that Smith needs purpose. Even the other exiles have purpose - with the exception of the Merovingian who seems to do whatever the hell he likes. The two werewolf programs, for example (by the way, were they Cain and Abel? If so, it's a shame one of them died because they were good bad guys in Enter the Matrix) protect Persephone. The Twins do Merovingian's dirty work. Perhaps Smith has been an Agent for so long (possibly since the first Matrix) that his mind is irrevocably locked on his original purpose - hunting down and killing the rebels. In EtM he also has a go at Niobe and Ghost so he's not picking solely on Neo...

When he says that it is happening differently, I took that to mean the whole "path of the One" thing. Everything is happening as it did the last five times, except that Neo is slightly different. It is this difference that means that he acts in the opposite way to the other Ones when he meets the Architect.

Deimos

Sifer
It could mean that but what I think he means also is that what has happened to him is different - the whole virus thing smile

Stovenutts
sifer, u say itll take place in the air? that means smith can fly now?

Sifer
They are the rumours I have heard yes. It actually shows Smith flying in both Revolutions Teasers.

Caliden
mayb it means thats Neo is able to kick agent ass but its different this time because smith knows he wont get owned by Neo this time as there is more of him, alot more

The Omega
Maybe Smith is simply noting, that when Neo fought agents at the end of M1, one agent, namely Smith himself was destroyed, while during the fight at the beginning of M2, none are.
So it happened like before = agents fight the anomaly.
Not exactly = the agents are all still intact.

Another_Smithy
Smith seems to have gotten stronger from the tralier of Rev to Reloaded, maybe its because of his attempt to copy Neo?

rysdigital
it's obviously about the fact that there are more Smiths now.

"its happening exactly like before" -> we see one Smith now,
but when "well, not exactly" is said -> the camera pans to another Smith.

Sifer
Yes, thats what I said!

Sifer
Also, remember he is not an Agent of the system anymore so therefore not limited to its boundries - Remember Morpheus' speech in the Agent Training Program in the Matrix?

rysdigital
indeed, i think the laughing scene at the Oracle's place has
something to do with this. for example, he realizes he has
become more powerful (a good reason for a bad guy to laugh
out loud like a madman).

Korri
kewl a dogfight!!

Kes
Is he flying or jumping? Kinda like Trinity does in the M1? blink He looks like is flying but maybe not.

Korri
here i have the link 2 the trailer 4 any1 who hasnt seen it

http://www.movie-list.net/mlst2k2/matrix-revolutions.mpg

tch im 2 kind 2 yall!! big grin

The Omega
To me it looks as if Smith is JUMPING. You know, like in M1, where he and Neo face off at the Subway station, and they "fly" at each other.

Kes
Yeh I agree with Omega. I also think he's jumping.

sargoth7
i donno...i kinda hope he isn't just jumping, b/c there is a rumor going around that there is a fight scene while flying, and that might be cool enough to top the 100 agent fight...

Korri
it looks like he is being thrown i dunno confused

neo_dragon
OF COURSE SMITH KNOWS OF THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE MATRIX AND THE ONES. HE IS, ER WAS, PART OF THE SYSTEM.

neo_dragon
the merovingian too

Mist
in revolutions, why does smith stand to talk to neo in the rain while his clones stand in lines beside them? are they just trying to stop neo from running away again?

Korri
i dont think so

gabimr2
I think he's jumping.. smile

Ikobe
Mmm... Agent.... *drools*- uh, whuh? Oh yeah! Hm, not sure about flying, I'd say it's more super-jumping or projection, like when Neo 'flew'. Remember how he prepares and then just kinda uber-jumps before directing himself? He's going so fast, he's practically like one of those gliderplane things (which work in basically the same manner... very light and very fast, no engine, you know what I'm going on about).

~AI

Korri
i understand u Ikobe smile

Seth-Gecko
Remember that programs stay for as long as they are good. Smith and the other two from part 1 must have been around since the beginning, before they were obsolete by Neo and the New Agents "Hmm upgrades" again, Smith had a choice to return to the source or stay in the matrix.

Seth-Gecko
But the oracle stated that programs dont know about other programs running. Smith didnt know about Neo being the one. He only knew that Morpheous had been watching Neo and they wanted the codes from Morpheous to get into Zion. Get to Neo, Get Morpheous, plain and simple which is why they didnt kill Neo in Part 1 when they got him at the office.

Vim
Yeah, the whole idea of getting the codes went out the window in Reloaded huh? Its like that doesn't really matter anymore. OH!! I have an uber question! How were the agents able to change Neo's face, without a deja vu, i thought when 'they' changed things, a glitch happened, resulting in a deja vu?!!!!!!!! whats up with that???? confused http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/confused.gif

Kes
Well all they had to do was send a signal (sp) to Neo's brain. Not change a building in the Matrix.(IMO)

Ushgarak
And we do not know the glict thing is an 100% certainity, just it is a possible consequence of change made to the Matrix by the machines.

Kes
Also if it wasn't for the cat,nobody would have noticed.

The Omega

Ikobe
Nobody's mentioned much about Bane here (I don't like his beard... although Patrick Stewart has a similar one at the moment, well, he did when he was on V Graham Norton a month or so back) - Smith downloaded or copied himself into Bane, and then there was the whole blood-handshake thing, and the "accidental" premature EMP release... I think we're going to find out about the Bane/Smith thing amidst the fray when there's the huge-CGI-machines-versus-humans war... mmm... CGI... *fzzt*

~AI

Sifer
Oh yes indeed - I don't discount Bane for a moment. From what we know, that IS Smith, in the Real world - seemingly free, unplugged so to speak, a new man big grin LOL

I can't ****in' wait either way!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.