Why was everyone in zion black

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kyle Raynar
did anybody else notice that everyone in zion was black i'm not racist but there were only 4 white people in zion why is that?

Metroplex
Well no. If you remember the sick people who surronded Neo, they were white skinned. Even the people at the controls who were letting ships dock were white.

Crappybob
it's simple really. If you think about the number of people with a crappy life, they would most likely be minorities. It would be hard to wake up a white person who is living in the suburbs making 80,000 a year. Their life is pretty good and they might not believe it was not real.

But on the other hand, some one from east St Louis with no job and bills to pay would be more likely to accept the fact that their life is total crap.

FLIPMODE
There really are'nt that many black people in all of Zion that you make it out to be.

It's a Mixed Place,...YOU and most the world, just are'nt used to seeing a greater than a few representations of black people in a major motion picture, all at once. Imagine how black people feel, when they're going to see the " must see biggest movie of the Summer", and almost everyone is white, with the exception of a few black people.

That's actually the norm. I think you just fail to realise it.

In this movie I have to say, it was done more realistically.

Seraph
maybe the wachowskis only like black people...dunno.
ahh i know. in this dancecrew that did the dancescene where a lot more blacks than whites. simple but true.

FLIPMODE
"Only" Ok you guys are officially dumb.

I guess your not satisfied, until 90% of all people seen in a movie of this calibur is white.

There were Asians, blacks and whites in this film. You guys are just really stupid, so much so that it seems to annoy you that you see more black people than your usually used to.

Sifer
Who knows WHY? Maybe the previous One chose a majority of black, asian etc instead of all white.

BUT WHO THE **** CARES. I see this everywhere, people try and find a way to say every film is racist. Stop living in the ****in past people!

I just laugh when people say that Lord of the Rings is racist...ROFL. Hrmm lemme count how many races are in Lord of the Rings...Elves, Human, Orcs, Uruk-Hai, Dwarves, Hobbits...want me to continue? Some people are just idiots.

Sifer
Oh, and the Wachowski's are anything but racist, they absolutely love multi-cultural ideas, concepts etc.

FLIPMODE
I think the People who think that they're are too many Black people in the Matrix are racists.

freemind
I just think people who live in caves would be really pale having no exposure to sunlight.

Metroplex
Interesting point, but as Sifer says, maybe the last Onechose more asians or blacks to remake Zion. The last One could even be Black himself.

alaba
the matrix movie is filled with people from different ethnics and background, and whats wrong with having an all black great movie? then we'd believe tolkien was a racist then is that correct? come on people. we are one, no matter the color, each unique in their places.

AliasNeo15
Neo- The One (white guy)

alaba
morpheous- the ones mentor(black) smile

Raz
This topic is ridiculous. Closing..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.