Something I just now noticed about Revolutions preview

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
in Enter the Matrix, when you beat the game..........at the end of the preview it shows the Neo/Smith fight scene in the rain........Neo says, "it ends tonight".......they go to punch each other and the screen flashes to Morpheus, Niobe, and various other people watching the fight on their screen.......Morpheus says, "he fights for us"........the way he says it kind of makes me think Morpheus is suprised to see Neo fighting for the people of Zion, could it be that in Revolutions we find out some reason Neo wouldn't want to fight to save the rebels?

nickjs21
a) maybe he's not talking about neo. (ooh . . . )

b) maybe it has to do with how neo debunked morpheus' entire prophecy theory at the end of m2, and somehow neo gets jaded by it all. or, remember that neo was in a coma at the end of the movie. maybe they just found out he was up and about.

c) or i have no idea what i'm talking about

Evil Dead
A. is quite possible...............either the scenes put together in the preview are out of sequence and Morpheus wasn't watching that fight scene.......or he was speaking of Smith, which is utterly unlikely being as Smith as replicated himself into everybody in the Matrix, he wouldn't be fighting for the humans after he has basically overtaken every human jacked into the Matrix.

I think maybe they learn Neo is a program........a program inside of Thomas Anderson's head...........he was built by the machines for the machines...........yet he still fights for the humans.........this would take Morpheus by surprise when seeing Neo fight for the humans because if the humans win, Neo doesn't.........he's sacrificing himself to save the humans.

nickjs21
i did read an interesting theory about smith turning sides in another thread . . . but this "smith taking over the world" thing seems to be much more popular.

the sacrificing thing . . . i like that. so you're saying neo and the rest of the freedom fighters find out he's really a program, and then he's gotta battle with this decision to save humanity at his cost or not? hence morpheus' reaction. definitely seems plausible.

Jupiter1
Nickjs, I think may be exactly right with the beginning of number two on your list. I still believe this trilogy is centered around Neo as the supernatural savior of the human race. Remember, Morpheus' dream of this outcome died at the end of Reloaded. Perhaps it has been reborn at that "He fights for us" moment or possibly earlier. Let's face it, if everything Morpheus talked about in the first two movies, is crap, it makes a fool out of the Morpheus character and wasted a lot of our time.

I've loved Morpheus' speeches and certainly would be disappointed if they all turned out to be for naught.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.