Captian America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

raymond32j
I just heard on celebrity justice that they might come out with a captian america movie that would be tight if they do but they should come out with a iron man or a movie with the justice league with superman and other heros like that

Senor_Pessoba
actually, they are making an Iron Man movie

Mitsubishi
And a Dr. Strange movie

Metroplex
did you guys ever see the first captain america movie a while back??? I have vague memories about it.

Magee
Captain america movie would be cooool...Hopefuly its about his ww2 days with him and LOGAN (wolvrine). That would kick some sweet ass

Metroplex
Hmm. My idea of a Captain America movie is like a "Saving Private Ryan"-ish or any war movie with lots of blood. It would be pretty cool to see that where it is not too fictional.

Augeybana
Wasn't there a DR.Strange movie made a long time ago.

Omegaman
Who was Capt. AMerica's side kick??

Metroplex
Cap's sidekick is some reporter called Bucky i think. I dont think there was a Dr Starnge movie.

Kes
Whats the story behind Captian American?

Metroplex
Well he was a test subject for the US miltary to go up against Hitler. He was expsed to the super soldier formula and turns into Captain America. In a mission to sabotage the NAzies plan, Captain America was blown up and fell into the freezing Artic. There he was frozened in suspended animation. He was the found and was awakened by the Avengers. He now serves as their leader.

Kes
Nice.

Metroplex
Well on www.killermovies.com Brad Pitt is gonna be Captain America.

Darth Vicious
Captain Americas sidekick was Bucky indeed but i dont know if u guys know, Bucky is the only comic book character that died and stayed dead for some reason they hate him in comics

VenomVA
There was a Dr. Strange Movie but it was made for Tv...a long time ago...I saw it and thought it was OK.

Dr. Strange - The Movie:

This made-for-TV movie featuring the Master of the Mystic Arts was released in 1978 by Universal City Studios Inc., as a pilot for a potential TV series on CBS. At that time they fully intended this movie to be a pilot for an upcoming television series. But this serie never came.

The movie starred Peter Hooten as Dr. Stephen Strange, John Mills as the master mage John Lindmer, Jessica Walter as the evil Morgan Le Fey, and Clyde Kusatsu as Wong. It was written and directed by Philip DeGuere.

Science-Fiction/Fantasy, English, 1978, Color, 94 min., Not Rated

CaptainTrips
I remember the Captain America movie from a few years ago and I remember the VERY short lived tv series (or was it a couple of tv movies?) from the mid-seventies..Cap wore a motorcycle helmet..buwhahahaha...I still have nightmares..that film circa 88 or so was decent..I remember Red Skull looking pretty cool..wouldnt mind seeing a modern retell though..comic fans will know that Cap and Wolverine served in WWII together so there's a good start for a script and a more popular character to tie in Cap to the mindless kiddies of the Power Ranger era wink

sk8stuff09
i think the fantastic four movie will kick ass
Happy Dance

crazzylegs
They may be talking about making a live cap movie but last year they came out with an animated one. also the last cap movie was in 91 if i remember correctly. I picture bucky making an aperance in this movie then dying. it all depends though on if it is before or after his suspended animation state.

eleveninches
Im sure I heard somewhere before that they were planning on doing a captain america movie, starting with how he got the super soldier serum, got frozen during the war, and then reawakened. It was aparently also going to feature Red Skull

wolverine8888
I heard they might make a onslaught movie picture how ill that be with about every guy in marvel ahd a go with onslaught

Ming Tea!
Looks like a new Cap movie is in the works.
http://www.mtvasia.com/News/200504/29011924.html

ScarletSpider
Yeah, Paramount, a respected company, has it in their hands. Marvel recently made the move to take an active production role in their own movies, hopefully the quality goes up a bit.

Bucky was a young private in the army with Steve Rogers during World War II. Originally he served as a mascot, an antithesis to the Hitler Youth. However, check out this week's Captain America v5 #5. Bucky was much more than that. To paraphrase Cap, "He did the things I couldn't do" i.e. infiltration, involving lots of killing. It made me respect Bucky, not because it made him all Punisher, but it added depth to the character, and made him fit the gritty WWII context he was placed in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.