The Cast For the new Superman movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

raymond32j
The new cast for the new superman movie should be the cast from Smallville. The would be dope if the last episode of the 3rd season of the television series Smallville would like go into the movie. like make the movie after the show like they did with the rugrats movie everyone knows the cast of smallville and it would be wierd to see a different superman besides Tom Welling and also Kristin Kreuk is the best looking female ever so she should be in the move. Well what do you think?

KidRock
i think not

Mitsubishi
Yeah..that's not a very good idea, and I'm sure they've already considered doing that.

Disappear
LANA'S HOT! dont disagree, you jealous little b'och...

chico23
I dont get smallville here so really don't know the cast.

Darth Vicious
I agree Lana is hot but they should use the Clark from smallville only as a flashback!

Kes
yeh an adult superman. though that clark is hot!stick out tongue

kentman89
blink yeeepeeee! i Love Smallville.! and i think its gonna be fun and more thrilling if they use Kristin Kreuk and Tom Welling.. *ooops.! lets not forget about our young Lex Luthor, Michael Rosenbaum!*

but i really dont think they should be doing a movie right now.! i mean.. there's Smallville and it's on their 3rd season right.!? they really should consider the fact that it won't be good for the show.!

but yes, it'll be cool to have a Superman movie starring Tom and Kristin.

VenomVA
I say Paul Walker should play Superman....it's sad that he doesn't want to do it....he has the eyes and all he has to do is dye his hair.

Rogue Jedi
i read that josh harnett was offered the role, but he turned it down.

Kes
Good cos he's to skinny to play superman.

skule
Hmmm sadly no one can replace superman Chris Reeves, he looked exactly as the comic book rendition, height build face everything. Anyways Paul walker as superman? Uhmmm face perhaps, build nahh, josh hartnett hmmm nahhhh, thank god its not nick cage either, dont get me wrong i like nick cage but superman? although he has a good build. Dunno who else could play the next superman, oh yeah and to respond to one of the other posts, Kristina Kreuk uhmmmm "sizzle" smokin'

Godshinto
Well I heard on that they are concidering an unconventional Superman they're thinking about Nicholas Cage as the role of Clark Kent. As for the rest of cast they might be bringing in some no names so that they can make more than one movie cheaper than they would with some big name actors. They should have Dean Cane the Superman of the series lois and clark I think with some work he can make a damn good superman.

ToMacco
They should have someone like Jet Li play Superman, and just watch everyone get all pissed off.

skule
I read somewhere that nick cage thing is totally out. This was a few months ago however i dont know perhaps he is back in or maybe they are still looking. Dean Cane is good too, but now i equate him with Ripleys belive it or not to much heh laughing out loud

Morph
Tomacco...lmfao. That's the best idea I've ever heard.

DemonicGambit
I agree with skule, Dean Cane made a great Superman! I would really like to see him in a Superman movie. In fact a couple of months ago I was day-dreaming of that.

LanceWindu
I agree.

CJG18
smallville is great but, 4 the movie they should get someone else, not tom welling he is just the tv superman not the movie one.

Magee
The Clark Kent out of smallville looks to skiny. But the guy from the adventures of superman is a good Clark Kent, Muscle's alright actor and the look. What else can i say big grin

DemonicGambit
Dean Cane one of the best Superman out there!

cgtuna21
I think that sylvester stallone should play superman hes really muscular and good 4 it or they could i mean could have that guy from joe millionaire if he could act. He's right 4 it or sylvester stallone is. Anyone agree????

Kes
laughing out loud (I hope that was a joke!)
How about Hugh Jackman? Good actor, has the body and he's goodlooking big grin Thou he probably does't want to play another superhero.

DemonicGambit
I don't know about Stallone...

Laura4Owen
to be honest i would like to see luke wilson as superman. disagree if you will

Kes
Luke Wilson? yeh he'd be cool. Goodlooking, has the body. Not a bad actor. He'd be funny has a clumsy Clark kent stick out tongue

cgtuna21
no he doesnt

DemonicGambit
no he doesn't what? Look like Supes? I still stand by my first choice, Dean Cane!!

Kes
No he doesn't? What?

DemonicGambit> Dean Cain would be cool cos he was the superman in the tv show. And Tery Hatcher (sp) as Lois Lane!

Magee
Dean Cain the one who plays superman in adventures of superman???
confused

Kes
yes.

DemonicGambit
I agree my opinio Dean and Tery were the best of the best

shinobi
Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher were complete crap! soooooo wrong!

The only person right for the part to play superman is non other then BRUCE CAMPBELL !!! period.

fini
Bruce Campbell........noooooo man he's getting old.........and LMGDFAO @ the stallone idea......i can see the headlines now:
Sly Stallone as Superman, in the Golden years!!..

Nah but honestly i think they're gonna have to find someone new if they are ever gonna make that new superman movie......hey anyone thought u getting some Christopher Reeve cloones/babies ready...........hey they'd be ready in bout 23 yrs..

Bicnarok

Elevation5000
Governor Gray Davis will be out of a job soon, so, maybe he should try out for the part of the Chief of the Daily Planet. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Rogue Jedi
what about dan cortese?

Kes
well he's cute and he looks big smile

ethan
Guys I got new confirmation from Warner Bros.. is they choosing between Brendan Fraser and Eddie Cibrian from sunset beach soap opera for Superman.. and Eddie is probably got the role they said.. and Batman is William Baldwin. Vin Diesel gonna be Lex Luthor.. with Sandra Bullock as Lois Lane, and Brittany Murphy as Harley Quinn and yes Gary oldman is the joker.. i got this confirm directly from warner bros casting departement for this movie..

Elevation5000
The only one I approve of would be Sandra Bullock as Lois Lane.

skule
ummm dont mind me but i would really love some confirmation on this!

Supes101
No offence to you ethan but i really hope your lying! The only one i might even consider agreeing with is sandra bullock as lois! But im a little confused i didnt think they were making a supes/batman movie! Ah way to many rumors goin around i cant keep them all straight

ragesRemorse
you know i heard that there trying to get ashten kutcher as the next batman, and now brendan frasier as superman? come on now these heros are men not boys. There should be a law NO WHINY BIT*HES as SUPERHEROS

ragesRemorse
like i said before superman should be chris reeves again. just tie a cape on his wheel chair and have micheal j fox push him around at the end superman flies again you can push him off a building sgnifying flying again right before he slams into the ground, then micheal j foz becomes the next superman, there could be a 20 minute scene of showing him trying to get the costume on while he shakles uncontrollably, this could show the humanity behind superman, eigther way itd be better than brendan fraiser

steely balls
Here are the actors Warner Bro. are thinking about Matthew Bomer some soap F@CK opera guy, and a 20 year old british actor Henry Cavill. The Brit is a little to young. BI#%CH And the soap guy would be a better choice, because he's not well known, neither is the the British guy but it would be easier A$$ if they had an american with a natural american accent. SORRY I HAVE TURRET SYNDROME. embarrasment

Kes
This is Henry Cavill. I dont know what Matthew Bomer looks like.
Well I think a Brit can pull an american accent. But I dont know either so messed

ragesRemorse
he looks a little to much like a boy to play a man like superman

Supes101
He looks really young i dont think they could pull it off! This is pissin me off all the stupid rejects they seem to think would be good for the part and none of them are!

ragesRemorse
eell the first place there amking their mistake is that there looking at boys rather than men, i dont wanna see someone as superman that i could beat the shit out of

Clark_kentx
i think dean cain wud be gr8 to bring back from the grave and wud give good publicity for the movie, altho the thought of bringing a new face to the superman character is appealing

Alfonso
If they ever make it I'll be pleased to see anyone playing the parts. I'm sure the effects would be spectacular. good series Smallville with a good cast!

mane666
Well Well seems like u people want another S playa aight I gotta runner up.... The guy who plays Cyclops @ X1 & X2... what do u think tha only problem is he's a little short but with tha camera effects that's not a problem right now.... Peace Out stick out tongue

Kes
Nothing can make me forget how short he is.
Plus standing still its easy to hide his height but walking no. Unless they pic short actors to act in the movie wink

lex
it's hard to say who should be cast considering the movie has development heck for some time. i'm assuming that the actor that is finally picked will be somone in their late 20's/early30's,however, its hard to say depending on what audience the studio will try to cater too. personally i would go with jim caviezel as supes and bruce willis as lex luthor. as for lois lane i'd have to with maybe liv tyler or if she was younger demi moore. anyway thats just my two cents worth.

mane666
Well well i got another one Eduardo Verastegui tha actor in tha J-lo video ain't funny i guess he can do it oh he's also in Chasing Papi tha movie.... well well u guys tell me how bout a latino takin that place huh...
Peace Out... smile

regex_1
I hope they pic someone that will be willing to do more than one movie. I don't want to see anouther batman problem. New Clark every movie. I think Tom Welling would be a good Superman, though it might conflick with the series. Though Nick or Paul would be a big mistake in my opinion.

Philldwill
Come on people watch "Bedazzled" and George of the jungle. Brendan Frasier can play so many different roles, he is going to be the next Superman(I hope). He can build up and get buff, he can act clumsy, he can act tough and serious and he is just as perfect as you can get without having Chris Reeves. And Lois Lane is a no brainer, Courtney Cox. Lex, Billy Zane. I heard Tom Hank's son (forgot his name) from Orange County wants to play Jimmy Olson, I think he would be good. Lana Lang won't be in the movie, I can almost garantee it. She wasn't in Sup's life when he was older. I like Tom Welling as Superman but he is just too young, and I don't know if his acting could carry a big Superman movie, yet.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Kes
I think Fraiser can pull it off. But he has bug eyes wacko
Definitely not Courtney Cox has Lois, she sucks messed
Guess Billy Zane would be a cool Lex.

spike2440
Well read on various sites the role of superman and who should play it. Few good ideas, although i did seriously doubt Nicholas Brendon. Ok so we are looking for a dark haired,fit,muscular north american actor.What about David Boreanaz? Has the build for the role but lacks the depth of character acting required.My choice would have to be the rather excellent James Marsters, bloody great character actor and the ability to take the role with ease. Forget about Dean Cain,Nicholas Cage and the rest of the other actors mentioned, JM has the ability to carry off this role!

Philldwill
THE GUY FROM BUFFY????? I should slap you. Your horrible opinion may scar me for life. Oh, what's "Nicholas Brendon" all about?

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Kes
Hell no.
Definitely not the Angel dude sick...he looks fat. Plus he sucks.
As for Spike he is to skinny. He would need some serious work out. Dont think he's actor for Superman either.

God Knight
erm I think whos became the new Superman is Dean Cain is a good Superman in L&C Series or the guy of George of the Jungle.blue arial

sunkenmirror
I understand that interest has been focused on Brendan Fraiser. I don't think he would be too bad for the role. He has worked extensively with blue and green screen work and is certainly tall enough.

buffymitch
i'm not a big superman fan but i had to say something. i just read that Boynce Knowles maybe the next Lois lane. What the heck is going on with Hollywood???

neo2
i heard that too, u see, i knew that mcg would turn superman into pop-music stupid crap

buffymitch
Hollywood is going straight to hell. Trust me beyonce if you do this you will make the laughing stock of Holywood. DON"T DO IT

elhunta00
first things first, they should consider an audition to find one worthy to play superman. but i think tom is good enough for the role, that is if he agrees. i don't buy the idea of using expensive big names to make the film, like dmx would say 'stop being greedy and give to the needy! '

DemonicGambit-2
Ugh Beyonce??? I can't stand her, but that's just me. Anyone hear anything else about Kutcher playing Supes? -twitches- I can't stand him either. I heard that he wanted to be the next Supes, and good god if Beyonce is Lois.........

I agree Hollywood is going to hell

Superman5452
amen sista!

Xcalibur
X-wrestler Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) has the look to play the ideal Superman. What do you think of that?

Miche
I think Eduardo Verastugi, mentioned by Mane666, should have been chosen to play Superman. He is GORGEOUS and absolutely perfect. I'm sure he could have gotten rid of his heavy Spanish accent. I also think Angelina Jolie should be in the movie. Any movie with her is worth watching at least once. I'd watch it just for those two if nothing else. Oh and Billy Zane too!!! He would be an awesome ANYHTING!!! big grin Oh yeah and Jake Gyllenhall too. F#$k Ashton Kutcher and all those other skinny punks!

Paola
eek! Eduardo is pretty hot!

Draco69
Brandon Routh is the New Superman. I think he looks the part.

Draco69
Here's one

Draco69
And Another :

Draco69
And another

Draco69
I think he would be pretty good as Superman.

OB1-adobe
I guess it is the fanboy inside of me talking but...

I fukkin hate this movie already.

pr1983
routh... while he does have the look almost a of a young chris reeve, if this movie is set after superman 2 then i think he's too young... and can he actually act?

Stinky_Bottoms
This movie is a disaster waiting to happen....
Singers a hack, and one unoriginal bastard...
This wont be a superman movie its going to be a Spiderman 2 rip off with a wannabe in the Superman suit...
Tom Welling would have made, and is a much better Superman then the crap actor Singer got..
This movie can goto hell for all i care for!
Im not paying a cent to watch this peice of bantha poodoo that Bryan Singer has instore...
Anyway BRING ON BATMAN Begins!
Atleast theres one DC Movie coming out which is going to be good...

http://tinypic.com/1oaxqt

am i the only one who thinks Routh looks more like Chewbacca then he does like Superman?

http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//2003/images/chewbacca.lg.jpg

LOL He looks like a poorgayman's Chewy...
Way to blow this one Singer...

Stinky_Bottoms
Oh hell yeah! laughing

alexanderluthor

dami wilson
THEY SHOULD GET tOM cRUISE AS THE NEXT sUPERMAN! He gets all these cool chicks to go out with cos he's rich so why not? Mission impossible? dont think so!

Stinky_Bottoms
Yeah this crap is going to be a Spiderman 2 rip off..
hmm Perry White's son is dating Lois Lane...
VERY Original there Bryan Singer.. I only seen that in Spiderman 2 you ****ing loser!

I really hate everything this idiots done to this movie....

Hope he drops dead, and this movie never gets off the ground!
The character of Superman deserves better then the bullcrap Singer is making... cool

alexanderluthor
i just could not agree more than that stinky bottoms... hope they see what people think about this guy and the "movie" he wants to be the "welcomeback" for who i believe is one of the most known superhero characters in the world, for which is important than a better filmmaker than brian singer takes over this sh*tty plan, just like sam raimi did bringing the comic out to real life.

TraXtaRCR3
People Please . hoolywood aint crazy enough to ruin a legacy.

here are the actual casting for the movie

Superman/Clark Kent: Brandon Routh
Lois Lane: Kate Bosworth
Lex Luthor: Kevin Spacey
Perry White: Hugh Laurie
Richard White: James Marsden
Jimmy Olsen: Sam Huntington
Martha Kent: Eva Marie Saint
Stephan Bender: 15 year old Clark Kent
Noel Neill: (Character name as yet unknown

rumor says that they might pull out brandon routhe as Super man and use Tom Welling (which would be my personal choice and the logical one but..)because of the people complaining and being disapointed at their new pick. its true everyone wants to see welling continue the legacy but...
they say its 99 percent faulse because they start filming Superman Returns in like two weeks and wellng is still filming the end of Smallvilles fourth season so kinda impossible that he'll be ready in that time.plus smallville is filmed in Canada and S-Man Returns if being filmed in Australlia. but man i sure hope they find a way for Welling to play the part.

alexanderluthor
i think so too, your choice must have the biggest percentage of what people think is the best one. and speaking about the time of delivery for this movie... c'mon they have only a year to make this happen? i don't think this is enough for a movie with such expectations in the whole world..... i still don't believe they can do a great film with the clock ticking against them, hopefuly i'm wrong! oh and you say hollywood won't ruin a legacy..... watch hulk or daredevil, catwoman, then... tell me if we're wrong. roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
welling should not be superman imo.. he's too boyish...

bosworth is a horrible casting choice imo... why not beckinsale?

laurie is a great actor, but i'm undecided as to whether he can do perry...

Mainstream
mr. negitive.

pr1983
i am a huge superman fan...

smallville is the story of superman growing up, not superman as an adult, having welling is not a good idea imo... he's not mature enough imo...

and bosworth? seriously? bringing teri hatcher would have been better...

TraXtaRCR3
Welling boyish?!?

the guys 29 and do you remeber him in the Season 2 Episode 4 RED and Season 3 Episode 1 Exile when hes on red kryptonite and he starts acting hard and pimping those suits.
+ hes forced to play a younger character if given the opportunity to play an older character im sure hed do a good job at that.

as appossed to brandon routhe, a nobody who they chose for the role just because he went to a hollywood party dressed as Superman/Kent?!?
Please!

and about Hollywood ruining legacys
Daredevil, Elektra & Catwoman arent legacys

daredevil was pretty good
the other two were garbage but far from ever being legacys.

Superman is a name known by all children and adults no matter what age.
you ask a kid whos daredevil or elektra and they might not know
now you ask them if they know Superman ...and trust me they know.

thats not only a legacy...Thats a Legend!!!

pr1983
age is not a factor, look at james marsden. welling imo is boyish in the sense that he's a bit too perfect, no rough edges, not very... manly...

he's a great young clark don't get me wrong... but as a fully grown superman? i'm not so sure...

alexanderluthor
my mistake... elektra, daredevil and catwoman are not legacys, and i won't even discuss about daredevil being good, maybe i'll start a new thread, but you can't say hulk wasn't "smashed to s#it, although i agree superman is a legend.
and about clark/superman i don't think they can find someone as perfect as christopher reeve to play that roll, i'm not saying tom welling looks just like alex's superman with the rough edges, welling has a wide big mouth, his nose is too wide, and he doesn't look too strong, but even so, i think; from all the possible choices like brandon, nicolas cage, that guy from punkd, and the rest, welling is still the best choice.
pr1983 says welling is too boyish? have you seen that guy brandon?? i honestly don't believe he looks more mature than welling. smokin'

pr1983
i never said routh was the right choice either...

the ONLY way i could see it working with welling is to finish smallville and use the last episode to show clark becoming superman, then maybe...

and welling looks nothing like alex ross' superman...

alexanderluthor
Originally posted by pr1983

and welling looks nothing like alex ross' superman...
when did i said that?

alexanderluthor
the real problem besides the director and part of the cast is that they won't get the real superman like they did before

ericadurancefan
i was dissapointed with the choice of bosworth for lois lane,wtf?,i would have loved to see someone like amy acker or bring in erica durance,i like the choice of superman and the director but kevin spacey as lex come on,i also think it would be cool if the smallville cast got to make cameos

Jamaican
"and welling looks nothing like alex ross' superman..."

Alex Ross' Superman sucks in my opinion. I hate how he draws characters. It's funny b/c they look real, but then again certain features look so fake. At times they look even more fake that the comics, in the sense that their bodies are too square, and their faces look like the age that they should be retiring. Plus, and this is a big plus, Wonder Woman looks like a guy. Point is, if he's going to try and make them life-like, at least make them of someone in the suit that has definition, not a square body.

"the ONLY way i could see it working with welling is to finish smallville and use the last episode to show clark becoming superman, then maybe..."

You are correct, but you are wrong about the 'maybe' part. Welling plays an excellent Clark, whether young or old. You just have to see and realize the times that he suits up and puts on his Kal face and goes to work. Not when he's playing the role of a high school student. Everytime something happens that he needs to use his powers, or save someone, you can see THE Superman in the making. Plus, his age is good in the sense that he'd be able to do many more Superman movies after (since he looks so young, yet old at the same time). They should just wait till this season's over and start the movie with him searching the globe, (prior to him actually putting on the suit), and then half way through he becomes Superman. Probably the thing that pisses me off more than them not using Welling is how they are continuing the story. Taking off after the 1st 2? Come on, its a new face, a new age,they should have a new beginning, not continuing it. I think that will hinder the movie more than the cast. But all in all I can't wait for the movie to come out as I hope it will be better than the previous Comic Book Movies that have been made............My 2 Cents...
BTW this further confirms my statements...Hope you enjoy...

pr1983
Originally posted by alexanderluthor
when did i said that?

you didnt, i was agreeing with you...

Originally posted by Jamaican
"and welling looks nothing like alex ross' superman..."

Alex Ross' Superman sucks in my opinion. I hate how he draws characters. It's funny b/c they look real, but then again certain features look so fake. At times they look even more fake that the comics, in the sense that their bodies are too square, and their faces look like the age that they should be retiring. Plus, and this is a big plus, Wonder Woman looks like a guy. Point is, if he's going to try and make them life-like, at least make them of someone in the suit that has definition, not a square body.

"the ONLY way i could see it working with welling is to finish smallville and use the last episode to show clark becoming superman, then maybe..."

You are correct, but you are wrong about the 'maybe' part. Welling plays an excellent Clark, whether young or old. You just have to see and realize the times that he suits up and puts on his Kal face and goes to work. Not when he's playing the role of a high school student. Everytime something happens that he needs to use his powers, or save someone, you can see THE Superman in the making. Plus, his age is good in the sense that he'd be able to do many more Superman movies after (since he looks so young, yet old at the same time). They should just wait till this season's over and start the movie with him searching the globe, (prior to him actually putting on the suit), and then half way through he becomes Superman. Probably the thing that pisses me off more than them not using Welling is how they are continuing the story. Taking off after the 1st 2? Come on, its a new face, a new age,they should have a new beginning, not continuing it. I think that will hinder the movie more than the cast. But all in all I can't wait for the movie to come out as I hope it will be better than the previous Comic Book Movies that have been made............My 2 Cents...
BTW this further confirms my statements...Hope you enjoy...

its an opinion, not fact, so imo i am completely correct...

alexanderluthor
he he he!!! i like you already scott, i was about to tell the jamaican guy that i respect his opinion, but when most people agree about something being "normal", "ok", the "average", "standard", "correct"; then you mujst think that people who thinks otherwise are not correct and am not saying they wrong, just think different, although sometimes most people are wrong about something, anyway, alex ross is considered by many as the guy who capture superman the best anyone else has ever done it. plus, you're talking about definition.... ok, i was talking about the face, and.... man! of course certain features are gonna look fake. roll eyes (sarcastic)

MayhemSymbiote
i thought the new superman movie is going to ignore all other movies/series.

so they need an older actor at all.

i'd go with tom welling though. he has been bulking up nicely too over the years. smallville has been picked up for a fifth season too.

alexanderluthor
actually they can't ignore the other movies/series since it's a secuel, not a beggining, anyway its gonna suck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.