Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
If any of you have the answer, why does the door(In Reloaded) open for only 314 seconds. What's the significance of that number? Do any of you guys have theories? "Pi" is what I think. Since the Matrix just keeps turning around, changing "Ones" and programs, I guess it kinda symbolises a circle....

808Morpheus
that would be a pretty good guess on that. Perhaps the computer was just calculating the reaction tie of all the security systems and cam up with a random number being 314 seconds. However, I like your thought about it being pi, becuase Pi is used to measure a circle and it makes better sense.

darkstar
A lot of people I have spoken to think that it's definately pi. I dunno though. It could signify an awful lot of different things

The Gryphon
See? Pi is the meaning of life, and everything else for that matter. If the movie Pi took place in the matrix, it's a safe bet that if max worked with pi for much longer, Agents would have to snuff him before he could figure out the reason everything, even nature, is just a mathmatical equation.

808Morpheus
Wasn't there a movie on PI? I never really saw it, but it was on the same concept ofeverything in life revolving around the fact that pi is life itself. Some guy had found out that pi creates and destroys life, or something like that. Has anyone heard of it?

hodgie723
no. i haven't

hodgie723
interesting concept though

hodgie723
i think that if God made this so hard to figure out.. maybe we should stop wasting our time tyring.

The Gryphon
Yeah, thats what I was reffering to. It's called Pi. The movie is about Max trying to find the pattern in the stock market. And then he finds this 216 digit number and finds out this thing about the ratio of the spiral and then the 216 digit number has pi in it and then he drills a hole in his head. You should check it out, it's really nifty.

Magee
isnt pi 3.14....... of an infinate number. I would'nt imagine this means anything.

The Gryphon
it means everything. everything can be tacked to a spiral which can be tacked somehow to pi. I'm not sure exactly how it works, though. yeah it's infinite and it never repeats itself and there's no pattern. still, the furthest i know it is 3.141592653589793238462643383279. It doesn't suprise me that 314 or the beggining of pi is the window to get to the source. For a reason I just gave myself a headache trying to figure out how to type out. oh, well, it's a significant number by itself so it doesn't need mean anything.

Metroplex
How do you guys know that its exaclty 314 seconds??? Did you actually count it???

zoomonkey
the keymaker says 3.14 seconds

The Omega
No, the Keymaker said "314" seconds. A little more than five minutes, as in 5 m and 14 sec.
Could be pi for all I know, it fits with the idea of the Matrix looping and looping now for the 6th time. However, pi is STILL 3.14 etc etc endlessly, it's an irrational number, since to the best knowledge of the mathematicians the numbers after the "." have no pattern.
But what about all the OTHER numbers in the movie. Why 27 city blocks. Why do 24 people get to rebuild Zion? Why does the Merovingians restaurant-lobby have the number 101 on a wall?

Crash_Overload
Yo,
This is just a thought, but In ETM the starting screen is well, a green screen filled with numbers going on and on and on, no letters or any wierd, Matrix-code symboles. Wierd scince usually you only see the standered Matrix-code. After reading reading this thread I wonder if it is actually pi, like the comp is callculating it to a certain number or somthing. I will check this out and try to get a "print screen" of the first frame of this "animation" to see.... by any chance.... if the first 3 or 5 numbers are 3.14 or 3.1416. I will DEFINITLY get back on this.

Also, it can be a fancination to the machines, as they said in the animatrix , the second renaissence part 1, "man created the machine in his own image" and Pi facinates us... so to speak.... It could be the start of a long (like the number) trail to follow, a rabbit hole is wayyyyy deeper than I originally thought, and their is still more to dig out. Also, I am sure that is 314 means anything, we will find it out in Revolutions.

Crash_Overload
WAIT NOT FINISHED YET!!!! I ALMOST FORGOT!!!

I say this ounce on "The Nature Of Things" (So I am canadian, got a problem with that?) It is a thing about The mandelbrot set, it is made up of its own iamge, no matter hwo many times you zoom in in it, you will always get the same construct, it never ends. Now the guy who discovered this equation (he cranked it up into a computer) and all the people around him wondered of it was some sort of equation he made up, or was it always their. (included is a picture of it, each piece of it, is actually a samller scale model of itself, made up f a smaller model of itself, made up of a samller model of itself.................. and so on and so furth)

Crash_Overload
Sight, No it is not so, Their is no 314 in the ETM screen, well MAYBE their is but it is purly coincidence.

Seesh, all these threads would make a great essay..............

nEo1266
not an essay an encyclopedia

The Gryphon
Yeah, when one of the characters says "why 314 seconds?" And their all like, "it's pi" and you say WOOOAAAH!!! Thats crazy man.... or something like that. Anyways, that thing Crash just said reminds me of the opeining credits to pi. That movie was so awesome...

Ikobe
Whoa... Pi, Jesus, I remember once being on am RB-stint and seeing that thing on TV at like 3am or something... it was very, VERY strange. Hm... oh, that's 034... the digits on Morpheus's car in The Matrix... the full numberplate is AA034, not sure if that is anything too relevant.

Oh, and on the subject of essays and stuff... I'd love to be able to archive 'em all or something if anyone's pondering writing up their theories properly. Pool 'em all together, like. PM me if you have more to add to this idea.

~Ikobe

Crash_Overload
IS the movie "Pi" the movie where on some web sites their is a Pi symbole on the bottom right hand corner of the page that when you click on it brings you to some government stuff?

Sifer
I have the film on DVD. I haven't actually watched it - It's still in it's shrink wrap (bought it about 4 years ago...LOL). I just have too many to watch (over 400)...I will watch it one day.

Ikobe
Over 400... dude. I have something like five I think... *thinks* Then again, not having any money 99.999999% of the time kinda accounts for it, I guess.

~Iko

davetheonemende
Perhaps this is pure coincidence.
AA034

or more precisely

AA034

27 blocks 3.14 - and the license plate on the car referring to this protractor.
????????????
Pure coincidence I guess.

Otacon85
was the number of the room that neo gets to at the end of M1 314? confused

Mordecai
nope, it was 303.

I am interested in this Pi movie, is the movie called "Pi" or is the Pi symbol the title for the film??

Whos in it??

...etc etc.

*cough cough*

doctor

mook
The Omega>Why does the Merovingians restaurant-lobby have the number 101 on a wall?

thats a good point - we know neo lives at 101 and is the One so what does it mean for Merv??

JediHDM
as for the 27 city blocks, it is funny that there are 27 city blocks that must be taken out, and there are "three objectives, three captains, three ships" as in 3*3*3=27

101 can be seen as a starting point, a place where everything changes. In 1984, room 101 was the rooom where you were changed into a Big Brother lover (WB is watching shifty ) so having the Merov's restaurant on the 101 floor (or however the thing is meant, perhaps the 10th floor, 1st room ?) just means that, the story is about the take a change, for better or worse, you decide.

as for 24, well, 12 is a biblically sound number (12 tribes, 12 apostles) and the number 24 is also biblical (24 elders) so it makes sense for there to be 24 "elders", so to speak, that rebuild Zion.

clavis9495
room 101 is also a book

I don't know the author but maybe it refers to the matrix in some sort of way

room 101 was a room of pain and panic that's all I remember but it's weird though...

mook
its the room in George Orwell's 1984 (as JediHDM said) where people experience thier own personal hell in order to submit to big brothers rules etc.

'maybe it refers to the matrix in some sort of way'

its a story about control - some parrallels with the matrix such as beliving what youre told/see although its not necessarily true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.