What's your wallpaper

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
Just wondered what images people have for wallpaper on their PC. Here's my three main ones.

Main Workstation
http://website.lineone.net/~ratcat/workstation.jpg

File & Webserver
http://website.lineone.net/~ratcat/fileweb.jpg

Laptop
http://website.lineone.net/~ratcat/laptop.jpg

finti
Where can I get sw wallpapers, have no wallpapers because they have messed up my machine in the past. Think the problem is solved now. I would love some sw wallpapers. Who is the girl on your laptop RC?

Raz
Ummm, finti you might want to check out this page www.episode-ii.co.uk/wallpapers and theres a couple here www.episode-ii.co.uk/multimedia

I'll post a screenshot of my desktop later on...but basically its a pic of my other obsession....THE SIMPSONS!

Dim
I have friends on mine...of course, they're colored strange...but that's just me.

Ratcat
A life of strange coloriasations. Hey, that HAS to be you... laughing out loud

Gundark
I will post mine...when I figure how to do it. Or die trying. stick out tongue

Ratcat
laughing out loud Never mind Gundy, I'm sure it is lovely, whatever it is.

Gundark
Well, its really cool. Its Qui-Gon standing in the background with Obi Wan on one knee in front of him with his saber pulled, holding it over his head. Thats at home. At work I have the ep1 poster, but you all know what that looks like.

Ratcat
By the way, apologies finti, I totally ignored your question.

The lady in the wallpaper on my laptop is Dim.

finti
Oh I thought it was some sort of celebrity. I wondered if it was a picture of Natalie Portman around pre ep1 time.

JediOasis
My wallpaper is Ashley Judd. Since I got to the University of Kentucky and so did she, I figure, why not? Its her sitting down a only a UK hockey jersey on, its a great picture.

Raz
Dim, as in our Dimmy? You have picture of her on your laptop???
I would have thought you'd keep a pic of you wife on it, but what do I know...

Anyway heres the screenshot that I promised:

http://www.geocities.com/ep2uk/forum/raz_desktop.gif

Ratcat
Yep, our little Dimmy. She's in good company with Famke Janssen and Anna Paquin.

Dim
laughing out loud Raz, your desktop is busier than mine!

finti
She sure look different from the picture on top of the page!!! Is the top picture just her face or is the hair hers aswell?

Dim
I put a pink cast over my hair in the graphic at the top of the page..

Ratcat
Hey Raz, need to take a leaf out of mu book. Nice organised, functional desktops!!! laughing out loud

finti
Well you said it RC, I was gonna pas it in silence, but man you got a lot on there RAZ. rolling on floor laughing

Ratcat
Oh, I can here it now.

"But I never know when I might need that file and having it there makes it easy to find."

I suppose it explains that high resolution screen, what is it 1280 x 960? He's never fit all those icons on a standard 1024x768, and don't even think about 800x600.

Raz
But I never know when I might need that file and having it there makes it easy to find....laughing out loud

Ratcat
I hear it all the time..... I manage a fleet of servers, worldwide, from that laptop. Maybe I should just dump everything onto the desktop.... Make my life so much easier... laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Or maybe not....

theEviljedi
I temperairly have Palpatine on mine.

theEviljedi
That's Dim on the laptop? Here eyes look different.

Ratcat
Her eyes look perfect to me.... Something you wanna say EJ?

Gundark
Those pictures of Dim are fantastic. (No lesbianism intended) smile .

Actually, I would have guessed you would have Ben in there somewhere, RC.

JediOasis
Thats Dim? I hope I don't offend you or anything, but wow! Those are great pictures. Anyhoo, I changed mine to that EP II poster on the EP 2 and 3 page. I know its fake, but oh well, its still pretty cool.

Ratcat
Well the LAPTOP one is Dim, the other two are Famke Janssen and Anna Paquin who both appear in X-Men as Jean Grey and Rogue respectively.

However, the LAPTOP one is a great picture of Dim, I do agree. wink

finti
I`ll try to post my wallpaper, hope it works
http://www.geocities.com/ep2uk/forum/VADER.jpg

UPDATE: Uploaded file, and fixed link. Nice Wallpaper Finti smile

theEviljedi
She looks SOOOOO different...not that that is a bad thing.

Ratcat
I don't think so. She looks like Dim...

Raz
finti, send me the file ([email protected]) and I'll post it for you.

finti
Thanks a thousand Razsmile smile rolling on floor laughing

Darth Daft
Wow, Dim looks cool in that pic! It looks kinda like a modelling pic. Anyways, my desktop wallpaper changes all the time, but at this exact current moment in time it has the theme of ALICE, a computer game that I own.

Ratcat
Yeah, Dim the model. She'll like that I'm sure.

DD, is that the new American McGee's Alice? That is one kick @#%$ brilliant game.

Darth Daft
Yup, that's the one! It is indeed an excellent game. I completed it yesterday, just 5 days after buying it, but keep in mind that was only on Easy Mode. I have yet to complete it on the other difficulties.

Dim
I feel kind of embarrassed now...eerrrrrr.

As for desktops..I have the same desktop at work and at home..but the one at work just had Creighton from Farscape added in..big grin

Ratcat
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

*Warms hands on Dims blushing face*

Gundark
That's totally cool, finti. Which site did you get it on or can you send it to me at Jedi [email protected] ? Thanks, old buddy, old pal. smile

Dimmy, you're wanted on runway 4. In the sheer gold slip dress. (Gundark catches RC as he faints dead away) laughing out loud

Raz
Ms. Mayhem, just right-click on the image and click save.

For those of you who don't know how to capture your desktop, follow these instructions:
Minimize all the windows until you see your desktop (or hit the WindowsKey+D) and hit the PrintScreen (PrtScn) button, its at the top right, after the function keys...
Open up Paint (Start->Programs->Accesories->Paint), Edit->Paste, then save. If you don't have any webspace, then send it to me and I'll put it up for you!

finti
Well I found lots off cool stuff at these links
www.aravenwood.free-online.co.uk
crankycritic.com/archive99/starwars/swposterpage.html click wallpaper and have a blast. smile rolling on floor laughing

Raz
This one would make a good wallpaper, if only it didn't have the writing on....
www.aravenwood.free-onlin...aper-2.jpg

finti
Yeah that one is pretty cool.

queeq
On Star Wars games, there are usually a few great pics one could use as a wallpaper. They just seem to stick a few in there, pics they don't use. On Shadows of the Empire, there're a lot of Outrider pics and one of Boba Fett.

queeq abides

Raz
Heres a nice wallpaper submitted to me:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/ep2uk3/wallpaper/EP2WALLPAPER.jpg">
http://www.geocities.com/ep2uk3/wallpaper/EP2WALLPAPER_sml.jpg
Click to enlarge
</a>

Check out the site sometime tonight, as I'll be adding 14 new Episode 2 wallpapers!

queeq
Ooooooooooooooooh. Pretty.

What does it say? Episode II: The Clone Wars. Hehehehehe.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Yeah, they just be havin' was all over the place!!!!

Raz
Can someone please decrypt what RC said?

Ratcat
Oops, typo, that should have read

Did I ever tell you I was fluent in English, gibberish and rubbish....laughing out loud

queeq
I knew about the giberish and rubbish, but when will you let us read any of your English, RC? laughing out loud

Ratcat
Oh, and don't forget about the language of looovvveeeee!!!!! laughing out loud

Dim
Hehehe..'Enry Eggins...

Ratcat
OK, please explain to the stupid Englishman....

Ah, but then light at the end of the tunnel.

But does the rain is Spain really stay mainly in the plains???

Gundark
Spit spot.

Ratcat
I'm not interested in your hygiene issues.. Eauuugggghhhhh!!! sick

Ok, who else would like to share their wallpapers with us?

Gundark
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud RC, sometimes you kill me, man smile

And I'm working on my wallpaper...I wait to post the one at home, which I'll try to get to tonight.

Also, Raz...thanks for the tip to get finti's wallpaper. I guess he and I just like to do things the hard way. Hehehe. laughing out loud

queeq
I don't like wallpaper. I prefer just to paint the walls. No seams, see.

Ratcat
That would be so funny, if the question hadn't been what wallpaper do you have on your PC.....

queeq
Oh.... on my PC.... my.... what was I thinking?

Ratcat
Well, no one is really sure, but we would encourage you not to think it again.laughing out loud

queeq
How could I be so dumb? I really feel silly. Stupid even. I should be locked up and have the key thrown away. I should have my tongue ripped out and my fingers cut off. Why, oh why do you put up with me.

Ratcat
Seeee, with a little gentle prodding, even you can get it...

queeq
Yes, well, you could have just told me what an ignorant mutant I was, instead of finding it out the hard way.

Well, okay, know any nice spots to drown myself?

Ratcat
Just pick a direction and start walking. You'll find water eventually.

Gundark
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

I'll help you queeq..."Okay, into the garbage chute, flyboy"

Dim
Hehehe, awweeee..poor queeqer..it's okay..being a dummy isn't the end of the world laughing out loud

Ratcat
queeq, you now have a new and exciting career as a dummy.

Now, put this dress on and come and stand in this window. laughing out loud

queeq
*starts tying a rope to the ceiling*

Ratcat
OK, now why do I think that's not for you?

*edges closer to the nearest door.*

queeq
*half the ceiling comes down causing plaster to fall all over queeq, a rope is tied around his neck*

Normally, I'd say it's time to lose weight, but what's the use.

*starts loading his revolver*

Ratcat
Oh, you great, big beefcake you....

Gundark
(Gundark comes running in, throws arms around queeq's legs) Oh my master chaos, you can't do this !!! Where would mayhem be without you ??? And besides, what would I do with these steaming bowls of baked beef au gratin, these sweet italian meatballs in sauce with fresh grated parmesan and this cappacino cheesecake lovingly drizzled with chocolate and topped with coffee filled espresso beans ??????? stick out tongue

Dim
queeqer, if you keep this up I'm gonna have to spank you!
*takes revolver away from queeq*

Ratcat
Oh give it back to him, I wanna see the splat pattern!

queeq
Someone else has a death wish here?

*off to have a superb dinner with his Lady Mayhem*
At least one person who appreciates me.

Ratcat
Well, what is there to appreciate.

queeq
*eating*

I rest my case.

Ratcat
OK, *Wanders of to find Dim.*

Dim, come over here, I wanna show you my lightsaber...

queeq
EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

*closes eyes*

Ratcat
He queeq, you found something nasty in your salad?

queeq
Do I look like a rabbit?

Ratcat
Neah, what's up Doc?

queeq
'Cos Gundy didn't make me a salad.

Ratcat
Dinner without a side salad. Tsk, tsk, growing lad needs to eat his vegtables...

finti
Salads is for rabbits give me meat!!!!smile

queeq
Hear, hear. Here's lots of meat. I would be honoured if you would join me.

Ratcat
So finti, never eat a potatoe, or peas, or corn?

queeq
There are other ways to eat them than in salads. Right, Gundy?

Ratcat
Well, duh? Sorry, a talented as Gundy is with here pots and pans, I don't think I need to speak to her for cooking tips...

queeq
Really? When will you invite to come over for dinner?

Ratcat
queeq, you know, if I thought you would come i would have invited you long ago. laughing out loud

queeq
Who says I wouldn't? I still have some trips to the UK planned this year. Not definate yet, but it's likely to happen. And I'm always on the look-out for a good place to eat. Especially in England. laughing out loud

finti
Well RC I love potatoes, but i think I said sallads. Lettuce and the stuff like that, cole slaw.
And queeq try angus steak hiuse in the UK.

queeq
Thanks. Come with me and we'll eat one at RC's place.

Ratcat
Hehe, nice 16oz T-Bone with all the trimmings. We could invite Raz but somehow I don't think he's approve.laughing out loud

queeq
I'll bring some celery for him to nibble on. laughing out loud

finti
Why is he a vegeterian?

Gundark
How about a compromise ? I actually have a very good recipe for a steak and red potato salad. The base is mixed greens and cold sliced steak then you slice in hot cooked new potatoes and toss the whole thing with an herb vinagrette. Hey, RC make room for me at your table too...I wanna taste some of your UK yummies. smile

Ratcat
IS that cooked or uncooked steak? Sounds nice whichever.

Gundark
It's cooked, RC...either leftover from the grill or I usually buy cold roast beef at the deli in a 1/2 pound piece and slice it in thin strips. If you want the recipe, let me know. smile

queeq
I think I should have married YOU, Gundy. laughing out loud

Raz
Hmmm, again off-topic...
With this post its a 100, so closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.