Who is the bearded guy in the Marovingian's restaurant?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Moosh
When Morpheus, Neo and Trinity are meeting the Marovingian, Neo notices a bearded man being led out. Does anyone know who he is? Was he in the first film?

Sifer
I can't seem to put my finger on it is...tried to figure it out a few times.

alaba
maybe he's the blind bearded guy morpheous nodded at when they enterd the oracle's home(before the elevator) in matrix 1

darkstar
Yeah, he sure did look like him. But maybe he's gonna appear in Revolutions.

The Gryphon
In enter the Matrix, there's a "nobody", a homeless shaggy looking guy who Niobe overhears rambling "72 hours". He's says thats how long Zion lasted the last time. That's all I can think of though. I never noticed that guy in the movie.

lordnikon
yeah ... exactly .. who is the homeless guy in the subway in etmgame?
and how does he now about zion?

Jupiter1
Even more interesting, guys, is that if you'll notice carefully in the preview of "Revolutions" at the end of "Enter the Matrix," the old homeless guy who was saying "72 hours" is IN it!

Caliden
mayb he was around the last time last time zion was destroyed which would explain the architect's speech about Neo's predeccers(sp?).

Moosh
It's not the old guy Niobe sees in the subway in ETM, it's someone who looks younger and less insane. Maybe he's no-one, just someone who was doing business with the Merovingian.

W. Lee Chojin

Ikobe
He ain't quite as blind as he looks, remember he nods back... maybe he was from 'the start' and can only see backwards...?

~Ikobe

n3m0
I think that the bearded guy in the restaurant was white while the blind man was black.It must be one of those things that will be presented in revolutions. But we can be sure that the homeless guy Niobe sees is an exile program. None else could remember the destruction of Zion. Unless, and i am reaching now he is Neo No5. The one who freed the current people of Zion. wink

Moosh
I really don't think the bearded guy in the subway in ETM is a previous Neo. He looks nothing like Neo, and he says he's just a spectator. He could well be the man Morpheus nodded at in the Oracle's apartment. If not this nod appears to have no significance, which is very unlikely considering the film is by the Wachowskis. Maybe Morpheus knows who he really is.

Has anyone noticed that when Neo actually sees the man in the restaurant there is a cuckoo clock sound? The man might be the father of the child the Oracle mentions in ETM, which is also why the Merovingian says that the Oracle's time is almost up after the meeting.

Crappybob
thats right moosh that guy could be the one who sold out the oracle. That is what she was talking about in ETM. But who would the woman be I wonder? And by woman I mean the oracle said in ETM that she was sold out by a man and a woman for a child.

Agent_Smith
the homeless bum niobe sees in etm is the timekeeper, and for the guy in the restraunt, i am goin wit crappybob.

Metroplex
Heres my theory. Since the Merrovingian is after the Oracle, maybe he captured the bearded guy and was finished talking to him before Neo came in. Thats why we saw him being taken away.

Stovenutts
i bet there will be a flashback to that scene in reloaded. neo will probably meet him and say somthing to the point of"havnt i seen u before?" and itll prolly flash back

SamSam
Check out the Trailer of Revolution. The guy is in it!

Moosh
Timekeeper?

Korri
no no no

Stovenutts
trainkeeper i think

neo_dragon
i think he could be the timekeeper. why else would he be obsessed with 72 hours?

Korri
deffinatley the Time keeper

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.