Your never really in Reallity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AliasNeo15
sick It is something that will blow ur mind right after u hear it, but after u think about it, ull understand. We arnt aware of true reallity. U cant always trust wut ur eyes tell u. In reallity, we distinguish things by color. To some people, their orange might be someone elses blue, but they all call it orange. It may be the same with everything. Black might be white to some people. Big may be small, but u never know wut the other person is actually seeing. sick

Take that, whoever that person was for killing my non-philosophical topic, even though it had nothing to do with philosiphy. big grin

Ushgarak
I have never had any patience for that point of view. Prove it is so. Otherwise, we are all built the same so why assume others see different? Pointless prevarication.

AliasNeo15
Well, there are certain people in this world that like thinking about these "prevarications" that might giv u a brain toomer. messed

AliasNeo15
um, no i cant prove it, little to hard. beer

Ushgarak
It's the sort of point of view that Hume detested... everything we have tells us that people see things the same, To think otherwise on mere theoretical musings is akin to irrational belief with no basis.

AliasNeo15
see this is the reason i made this post. The only kind of people that come in these posts and talks are the kind of people that say things like "Hume detested" and "mere theoretical musings is akin to irrational belief with no basis". Im not trying to make fun of u. I wish i could put those kind of words in a sentence. big grin

GWilloB
Alias-----So you're "kind of people" do what?

#1 Curious, they don't even do a search for the word Hume, either in a dictionary or on the internet--they remain perfectly happy never knowing who or what this man did---nor is there an even brief flicker of movement in the frontal lobe or synapses able to take on this tedious task
#2 Most likely they live in a cave...Scared of the other "kinds of people" out there--- they settle for only hunting at night
#3 Fraternize at the local tavern until 2AM for the past 16 years
#4 Deplete their brain cells by inhaling large amounts of smoke from their bowels
#5 Ask question when they already know the answer
#6 Make posts w/ these simply touching phrases and graciously heartfelt feelings..."Im not trying to make fun of u. I wish i could put those kind of words in a sentence."

Ascertations:
#1 I guess most of the time people probably completely ignore you
#2 You don't understand that most people choose to make fun of someone when they do or say something dumb, not when they do or say something intelligent

I'm just kidding though, of course...I'm not really agitated by your "ssthomeone elsthe might sthee redsth & bluesth as different colorths" statement"---I just think you're pretty funny---let's be friends---now give me your lunch money!!

Swedenborg
No, we're not built the same.

I am colourblind, I'd be surprised if you saw colours as I did (yes, it doesn't mean I see everything in black and white =P Only that some colours appear as similar or identical, while they in fact are not - according to others wink)

And then you have relativity, colour depends on your speed to the object. Different people in different situations can interpret colours differently.

Swedenborg
Oh yes, relativistic effects (due to gravity/speed) also can affect the apparent shapes of objects.

Therefore, it would seem it's possible to construct scenarios where individuals see the same object, but it would appear different to each observer.

UPEVIL
Once again the question... what is reality?

Member.
what is reality? how do we know what reality is. we could say that the world we live in now is reality, but that's only our point of view. when we see, hear, smell, touch, it's only electrical signals going from there to our brain. there is no true reality, just different realities from each persons point of view.

Ushgarak
Colourblindness is a completel irrelevence to the point that humans are all constructed in the same fashion. Two humans with the same colourblindness still work in the same way. You must have missed my point entirely. We can understand and describe the way in which your colourblindness works from our own frame of reference. We know the colours you cannot distinguish and how they would look if you could. People who were colourblind and then were not, or developed colour blindness, can attest that when things are working fine it all works in the same way the rest of us do.

As I say, you have to PROVE there is something different about the way different people are for this theory to make any sense at all. Otherwise it is just groundless speculation of no value. This whole 'we can never be SURE' point of view simply abandons the basic precepts on which we live our life. You have a ton of evidence that things ARE as they are and none at all that they are not so why bother doubting?

frootlooplucy
im confused now. dont confuse me.

Swedenborg
Ok, I see your point.

Though, humans can be created in the same manner, but still they will perceive things differently from their point of view (already mentioned an example, due to relativity theory.)

I am not sure whether there is one "true" reality, but what if it is? Unless that reality can be proved to be true, it is only as real as any other reality we happen to perceive.

hodgie723
You people. Don't you see that you are missing the important thing? If you people actually get off your ass and actually do what you are saying.. you might even get somewhere.

Diaspora
Jesus guys... this is some very shallow "philosophy." Sounds like a bunch of 13 year olds up past their bedtime writing nonsense...

highelf
Hi....

Like Morpheus said "What is Real??"

Reality is what your brain told to you....

For the member of Health Mental Institution, their "Reality" is different with us (the non-member stick out tongue )

so, i think the reality is our life after death (un-plugged?)....uummm...or we just go to the second layer of reality...???

ok...enough....give me those blue pills... wacko

Ushgarak
I hope you are not talking about me, diaspora, my scepticism at this sort of thinking being entirely valid.

The Omega

Crash_Overload
Yo,
I have thought these same thoughts. But for now, (still a bit on point of view) I am talking about the movie, I beleive that THE "REAL WORLD" IS ONLY A SECONDE MATRIX !!! Think about it, look at all the clues throughout the films, like Neo feeling the Sentinals inside him, How is that possble, he is not connected to the machines anymore, (well agent smith but he has been "freed" also) there is no possible way he could of felt them, and zap 'em, without STILL being connected, meaning......

Also, it is classic twist writing (like I do in almost all my end off year english exams) NOTHING IS WHAT IS SEEMS I think Morpheous ounce said... and that is wayyyyyyyyyy past true.

Think about that one "Kids".

AliasNeo15
It might be something that "Bain" put into the Sentinals, maybe. thumb up

twisted-signs

AliasNeo15
I wonder if one day there will be an "Einstein" brain that can resolve this crap. thumb up

GABRIEL05
the one true reality is light. The universal constant

AliasNeo15
um, wut about darkness. wut would someone see as a substitute for black? confused

GABRIEL05
wha confused sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.