what happened to Hulk's Dad at the end?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hulk
Happy Dance what happened to Hulk's dad at the end? He was all powerful then exploded, what was that about? someone please explain...thanks

Senor_Pessoba
he was hit by a large amount of gamma radiation killing him off..thats about all there is to it i guess

evanwreck
yes, the hulk's dad at the end was a little strange. basically the military used some sort of huge nuclear device on him and he died. the hulk survived because he was under water. but, i was thinking, since his dad can be whatever material he wants, cou;ldnt he just turn into the nuclear energy and get bigger? this may have been a hole in the movie, but i enjoyed the movie tremendously.

Mitsubishi
Was David Banner supposed to be Absorbing Man?

Senor_Pessoba
yeah

Johnson
he kindof overloaded with power and thene xploded and dissapeared or maybe he still lived it wasnt really enuff closure on that one.

ajax28
Did he overload on power? .. that part was kinda blotchy. He started absorbing energy from everywhere... thus saving his son? - that's what he said he was going to do. So what hapenned to him? He wanted more and more.. how is it that he was so different from Bruce , when he got the same sort of gamma radiation towards the end? You'd think he would be twice as strong, since Bruce was only half-altered as a baby. (mother was not altered)

tyrone08
mad i was dissapointed in this movie it sucked to me

did u notcie how when the father was talkin to the son before the arrest that they was yellin for nuttin it was too many flashbacks and took 45 minutes for his first transformation and between tranformations it took 10 minutes to get back into the action

Anubis The God
This Anubis.

"Was David Banner supposed to be Absorbing Man?"

No. He wasn't supposed to be Crusher "Absorbing man" Creel. Crusher Creel maintains humanoid essence. David Banner (Brian Banner in the comics, The name was a tip of the hat to David of the TV Show) actually BECOMES the element. He had SIMILAR powers but no he was not meant to be The Absorbing Man. He died however because he tried to take Hulks strength. Hulk has infinate limitless strength so he used untold amounts to overload him with and still had infinate amounts left. For people that grill this movie so bad you don't know alot about it.

PS: In the comics Bruce kills Brian (Father) after the accidental murder of his mother. So Brian never ever gets those powers. Was incredible in the movie though.

sk8stuff09
i have no clue what happend. i was lost. but i think he turned into a ghost. i think........ smart

P-NuT
your not meant to think during the movie, you are just supposed to look at his shiny muscles.

takame44
he went boom.

thewhitewizard
hulks dad absorbed hulks power but also took in an electrical storm causing an overload in his body and he went boom
beer

username39120jo
Sory off topic --------fav line of the monvie: when hulk screems "You think you can take it?!! TAKE IT ALL!!!!!!!" but i still don't know whats up wit' hulks daddy. confused

Asian Hulk
I think david banner will not return on hulk 2.but there is two forces of evil are abonination and the leader in the secod incredible hulk movie.

Grover
When the Hulk screams out "Take it all" in a Hulk-ish rage, he gives ol' Daddio all those loving childhood memories, who absorbs it and turns into some sort of memory bubble...

You can then hear old man Banner crying out "take it back!"

Right then, as he's weakened, is when the missile hits.

As for the Hulk surviving, in Marvel, he could survive a nuclear blast.

Alpha Wolf
OK, The hulks dad was just plain wierd. I did'nt like this movie at all,
Yes the cgi was good, and it better have been because the spent for ever working on it. From what I understand the longest time ever, spent on any cgi on any movie. But here it is a year or so later and still people are commenting on it.
1st the hulks dad may be dead or still alive, I think they left that open for future sequals. Since he was a creature of pure energy, what do we know about energy? It can't be created or destroyed just transferred right? So If you are going to say he has to be dead. I am going to say someone needs to go back to school, and study physics.
I would like to take this opportunity to discuss my dissapointment in the film. People are going to say, that if I did'nt like the movie I did'nt understand it. Yeah well I did'nt see the emporers new clothes either.
Ang lee made an attempt at doing something totally different. He incorporated the comic book panels, which although a brave move, was an inherint distracting flaw. The Hulk was also only seven feet tall. And although he does get infinately stronger when enraged, I have never known him to be a 15 foot tall giant. That really botherred me. Ang lee was obviously famililiar with the 70's TV show. I liked the TV show, I would rather watch all of those again, (including the lame ending one where they dropped the hulk out of a helicoptor and killed him, which I am going to point out they, dropped nukes on the comic book hulk and could'nt kill him), than that movie again. All I can do is hope they learned from the mistakes of the first movie and make the sequal better. The movie moved allong slow, the only part that was good was when hulk was smashing. That was few and far between too. And if you were going to put elements in from the television show, why leave out Jack Mcgee? Another thing I am going to let you guys in on is this. Their were ten year old kids in the theater with me watching this movie, that at the end of the movie got up and said, "That sucked!!!" enough said.

Wolfie
I hope he died because I wouldn't want to see him in the sequel. I would like to see actual Hulk villains rather than a villain Ang Lee made up.

hulksamasks
People are never satisfied that is why real artist put Their vision out there and people who do not like it can twist in the wind.I actually liked the movie more than the TV series i think Hulk fans should be honored that someone tried to give a charecter that most of us really care about a bit of depth.The movie was not perfect but i would rather watch someone make a movie about something i care about and it have a few flaws than watch 30 brilliant movies about crap i could careless about.I am just happy they actually made a hulk movie!!

williamdefalco
The book actually clarifies it a little more, though changes a lot of the scenes when compared to the film. I thought I'd give everyone a detailed look.

Near the end of their fight David Banner returns to his human form, and with the slow absorption of hulk's power he is almost as tall as the hulk. Hulk throws a large block of stone at David, causing David to instantly turn to stone. Hulk pounds him again and again, until David is pretty much nothing but pebbles on top of the hulk. But here again David absorbs more of the hulks energy and reforms into his human form, and is now as tall as the Hulk. Hulk then grabs him and they end up fighting into the lake, where the more familiar part of the movie steps in with the lake freezing.

After his acceptance the hulk is literally absorbed into David, and with this new raw power David grows and grows until he is towering over the surrounding mountains. He spots the two fighter jets from far away and laughs at their miniscule attempt, his laughter resounding like thunder. But then he notices something happening within his body; it is suddenly expanding outward. As the book explains it, the chemical imbalance of the hulk within David's body causes David's body to uncontrollably seek more energy, and since David is now THE greatest source of energy around it is unexpectedly trying to devour itself. David stumbles to the top of the mountain and attempts to control this action, but the energy the hulk gave David is so much that his body continues to grow and grow, David losing more control of the process by the second. This is when the missile is fired, and just as it is about to hit David he inexplicably grins at the thought of having more energy to absorb, but then he realizes it'll be too much. It is indeed as the missile hits and David explodes and is finished.

marvel lover
what happened to hulks dad is easy he blow up it is not that hard

Hulk Power
His ass got blown to pieces.

Erick_22
So Brian has an ability to absorb things(energy, and other such forces). He uses this ability to fight the hulk and try to absorb his (life-force) to kill him. However, the hulk instead discovers what his father is trying to do and manages to channel his gamma radiation and feed it to his father in an amplified capacity.(so much so that he explodes and is killed.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.