Animatrix, the Wonderland, & Revolutions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GWilloB
I heard an "inside source" plot scenario for the Revolutions on a hollywood website...Pretty interesting, It made some sense, & was pretty far off base w/ what everyone has been posting as for incorporated ideas on the ending here...

So this is what I'm gonna do---to see if this ending makes sense---I'm going to give you some clues or rather, some starting points in a different direction than some of the other theories I've seen out there (heck, maybe this one has already been posted about---I haven't had time to read all the posts yet)...

#1 Think Alice & Wonderland...
#2 Also if this theory was correct there would be some pretty telling information on the ending in a few particular parts of the Animatrix...

Tie those 2 together & let me know what you come up with..

WILLO

GWilloB
Notice I posted "inside source" in quotes---that means who the heck would know the "source"---regardless it was posted, I saw it, & it made me look in a different direction than I had been heading, so I would consider it plausible in that this theory would tie in well with the other movies...&&& if the TRUE ENDING TO THE REVOLUTIONS was out there it would NOT LAST LONG!!

The Gryphon
Wait, Jabberwocky? Smoking Caterpiller? Mad Hatter? The Demon Dice?

But if your talkin' Animatrix the most that comes to mind is the characters that freed their minds, like Dan, and that kid, and you know, stuff. But something that could be carried further is the idea of Matriculated, making robots fight for us. Like Smith. Seriously now, If he wants to be the bad guy still, he could just join up with Merovingian. But he's better than that now! He's got part of Neo in him, he's like a demi-god! I don't know, mabey they build a Smoking Caterpiller robot and matriculate it, or whatever.

The Gryphon
I bet I could figure it out if you told me the name of the site that you found this on.

Sifer
Alice is a very big reference in both films, the game and the animatrix. The Red Queen, White Rabbit etc. But that is the very essence of the matrix movies, the best from everything else. Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy BeBop, the Bible and many other religious texts, books, ancient myth and legend...it has it all. So it really wouldn't surprise me if the ending of the third film is related to any of the above I mentioned. The first films ending is basically taken straight from Ghost in the Shell smile

GWilloB
What I've read...It has everything to do with the kid at the end of the second renaissance part 2 (which I thought was weird)...

I have a pretty strong feeling we aren't going to really know what happens definitively...The ending should keep us guessing...

This is my take...Perhaps it will end up being that we won't be able to distinguish which "real" world is which at the movies end...This would happen if we didn't know whether we were looking at our own past or "the future Matrix" (after all they modeled the Matrix after our past)...

Perhaps the actual Matrix Program is not the "real" Matrix at all, but a simulation that the entire cast is solely running within the Matrix (seperate from the Matrix---meaning what we've seen IS NOT the actual Matrix that everyone is jacking in & out of)...I've seen this theory floating around A LOT...I created a timeline for everyone to edit the way they wish...

The achitecht said that Neo could select an X amount of people to restart the beginning & end all over again...the amount would fit the amount of characters we've seen through the movies & allow for more in the new flick

What I've heard is that the ending has the kid looking through a "Christmas glass snow globe" (through the looking glass), much like the depiction of the kid waving to his family at the end of the 2nd Renaissance...This would merely follow suit w/ the brosW references, but wouldn't exactly explain the ending of the movie...I haven't listed the website because it's like every other spoiler out there & we aren't going to know...I just thought it was interesting that this was a bit off what everyone assumes & it fits the Alice & Wonderland references...They could then set up a new trilogy in the past of the real world w/ Neo who had been "reborn" (thus the reason he is the one)...Here's a timeline (Anyone who wishes to add to this in their own way---please do so!!)

Real World 1999---Neo exists as only Thomas Anderson

The Matrix Program (All three episodes)---Simulation---the history of the world from 1999 was kept in a "memory library" of the machines for later use in the rise & fall of the human race for the purpose of learning it's weaknesses (This is all I could come up with for now--quite cheesy I might add)

Real World (2000-war w/ the machines)---Thomas Anderson lives & has a life we will only learn about in later "episodes"---probably leads a coalition against the machines & is later defeated (kinda like Terminator flicks)---this would be where any type of prequel/sequel could come from & would only fit if the first 2 Matrix movies were indeed part of the simulation plot/ Matrix within a Matrix theory

Real World (war w/ Machines-enslavement-Time of Simulation)---
A Humans form an underground world called Zion
B Humans are beginning to be "reborn" which the Matrix had not accounted for (all I could come up for why Neo is special to the machines---any other ideas here?---fits the buddhist references though)
C The Program creates a simulation on how to find out which humans are being "reborn" & how to destroy them w/ the purpose of having them choose the Program & a good life over the humans survival instinct (& knowing that this conflict could potentially lead to the end of the actual Matrix Program)
D Thomas Anderson is reborn and enters the Matrix Program Simulation...The 6th to do so...He is chosen, but the 1st chosen human to defy the program, much like the 1st machine that defied the humans (2nd Renaissance)...He is actually still plugged into the Matrix

Real World (Time of Simulation -- war w/ humans)
A Thomas Anderson is able to defeat the machines because he is able to correspond through the digital image (from 1999) of himself (self awareness)...Neo is the only human who can correspond with the actual City of Zion because of this ability
B He will need to be unplugged (this time for real) after the humans realize that this is the case---
C Because Thomas Anderson is still plugged in-- the Machines need him because he has taken control of the Matrix (Both the Humans & Machines know this now)...In the actual world Humans do not have the ability to jack in to the Matrix...Only Neo does...Without the Matrix the Computers will die because everyone will reject the Matrix & WITHOUT Neo (his digital self image) the humans will have hope (the humans, Neo, & the Machines ALL have this knowledge)
D The fight scene will NOT be about the fall of Zion, but will be about getting Thomas Anderson back from the Matrix & freeing the atrophied bodies of all the humans plugged in...The humans will need to destroy the Matrix to be freed & they can do that only by either destroying Neo or somehow unplugging him (Trinity's dilemna)...It would be a close call...Because Neo knows that he is needed by the computer & that the humans need him dead or unplugged all interaction that the cast & crew from the previous 2 movies will be set in the actual Matrix (until they are unplugged)----- since none of them have actually been unplugged yet (x amount selected that the achitect was talking about)

That's all I got for now...Anything anyone wants to add or change to this timeline would be great...There are some ideas here that run amuck, but I think some of it could make sense?...Anyone want to add to it or edit it in their own way (or even create their own timeline)?...I'd like to see any of your ideas

WILLO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.