Order of the Phoenix - OFFICIAL THREAD - ~*~SPOILERS~*~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Catch 22
OK, so right now there is all this hype and that's really what I'm posting about.

I have to admit that I have never read one of these books. My only awareness of Mr. Potter is through the two movies thus far released. However those I have spoken two have told me that the books they have read are actually quite dull, boring and badly written.

With Book 5 only a few weeks away there has already been controversy over the discovery of 2 copies of the book in a field, not far from the publishes factory. As of last night these two copies were in the safe of the SUN newspaper, a trashy UK tabloid.

To me this seems like an orchestrated event, though this morning they say that some youths have been arrested in relation to this apparent theft.

Is this a publicity stunt??? And will you be buying Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

Dexx
no. I tried to read the first one but i found it to ..kid-y.
And my7 YEARS old cousing was reading at the time. That should say something about who should read it.

Phoenix
Sorry, guys, but the Harry Potter phenomenon will live on. I ADORE the books - they're by no way "kid-y".

I know your entitled to your opinion, but I'm an A level English student, and I often review books - Harry Potter is an excellent series. It's by no means just for kids, many adults enjoy the series, and I think there will always be more people that like it than don't.

yerssot
heck, sw is a kids movie though, and around this place... there are some 30+ posters too

Dexx
ergh...that's different big grin stick out tongue
i bet that most of the adults that read it, phoenix, do it either because it reminds them of their childhood (and enhacements on this idea), or just for the sake of it, or..boredom (ok...this...probably not).
I completly understand why an older person would read it.

When i tried to read it, i was in the middle of 'the silmarillion' and ..well...you know they can't be compared.
And now, when i've finished dune...i'm gonna be more picky about books than ever.
I even immagine the NJO childish...think about how i'd like HP.

Ushgarak
I read them because I enjoy them, Dexx... is that too hard for you to understand?

I don't see why a publicity stunt is necessary.

Member.
wasn't the sun that had nude girls on page 3? and the books weren't boring, whoever told you that needs to watch less tv.

Dexx
understand what, on no explanation. Didn't know you read them.

Ushgarak
That I enjoy them as books. I do not read them just for the sake of it, or because it reminds me of my childhood, or any bullshit reason like that. I read them because I enjoy them on the same level as books like LOTR so do not try and pretend that only children enjoy these books.

Dexx
no...that wasn't my point at all.

Ushgarak
It certainly looks a heck of a lot like your point, seeing as you said that your 7-year old cousin reading it should give an idea of who should be reading it, and then listed the exact things I just said.

Julie
I will read the HP books...one day....but there in the middle of a very long list of books to read

Dexx
ok..so that was my point...big deal stick out tongue

Julie
make up your mind

Dexx
It's a kid-y book and i'd rather see in in my stove burning at millions of kelvin degrees and having it's every page on a slice of bread than read it. clear enough? big grinstick out tongue

Julie
yes....BTW paper burns at Fahrenheit 451

Dexx
*writes that down*

Julie
don't even think about it

Dexx
too late

Julie
* dashes for a cup of water to throw on any fire Dexx starts*

Dexx
i was thinking more like of a camp fire. Who wants to join me?

Julie
oh ok....camp fires are good...but no burning of books...e.ven Harry Potter books!

Dexx
not even to stear the fire up a bit?....for the stakes....yummy

GordonSkywalker
I am with you Dexx! Don't let these guys push you around!(Laughing hysterically as he joins his new partner-in-crime in a campfire song)

GordonSkywalker
Oh and I don't like anything to do with Harry Potter either!

Dexx
oh..i don't have somethin against it. just that i probably won't read it for a loooong time.

Ushgarak
I don't mind you not liking Harry Potter, but the reason Dexx suggested adults would read it were close to insulting and he then tried rather feebly to deny it. People should accept that others can like different things without somehow having to attack that position just because you do nto understand it.

GordonSkywalker
Oh absolutely.

Dexx
huh?..what don't i understand. I admit i didn't find the exact words to express my point of view in that post. But what's so insulting about doing something because it reminds you of childhood or whatever (even if it doesnt)

GordonSkywalker
Beats me. I find nothing wrong with it. I am a child at heart myself.

Thomas H
Harry Potter Sucks!

Captain REX
I like reading the HP books. I only have one of them, and I'll probably just rent the fifth one from the library.

It's not kiddish at all. Ghoulish Dark Lord who kills people and has a mysterious messed up history. A boy who survived while everyone else who fell under the spell he survived were blasted to pieces. A school full of dangerous mysteries. Very good reading in my opinion.

Dexx
there's a contradiction between the first sentence and the rest of the quotesmile
no matter....if one likes it..that's what counts.

Captain REX
I'm glad you agree...hey, wait a minute...

Darth Vicious
iLL WAIT DDOR THE MOVIES TO COME OUT, IF THEY DONT OH WELL, NO LOSS OVER HERE

BOPRecruit 16
here and there the movie's content gets choppy. for those of you who think hp is lame, then don't read them at all! spare me your venting of hatred.

SmokingIrishman
Harry Potter is a damn good series. I enjoyed the movies, which I saw first, and they inspired me to read the books.

Regardless of how much I like the subject, the writing is simply GREAT.

Now, with that out of the way, I do like Sci-Fi and Fantasy (that is generally the only books I read, save Horror and Nonfiction.), and this series a great one.

The series is meant for Young Adults. Not for Little Kids. Despite this, it is written in such a way to be a good read for anybody interested in Fantasy literature. The characters are fun to love (or hate), the stories keep you reading (When I read the books, it was basically nonstop; except for Goblet of Fire, which was really long and took a few days.), and I can't wait for #5 to come out.

The movies where well done, a LOT better then most book to movies. They kept true to the book very well, taking out only a few things that were not relevent to the plot to save space (it was long anyway.). They kept true even better then LoTR, which missed a number of book moments I'd like to have seen (Tom Bombadil and the Barrow Wights, for example.)

Most people say they hate Harry Potter and have never even seen the movie or read the book. Oh well, pity for those who do.

Payce,
The Smoking Irishman

hpfan08
you all starwars fan should be ashamed of yourselves, you guys are pathetic. harrry potter uis the best book there is why do you think they all are best sellers.

Phoenix
Harry is a great book series, but there are lots of other good ones out there - I'm sure different people hane their own preferences. I've never really seen the attraction of Star Wars myself, but maybe we could all just respect what other people like? I know you have strong opinions, but is there any chance you could tone them down until there no longer insulting? It mite make chats have a bit less friction...

odin
Harry Potter And the Order of the Pheonix is a wonderfull book. I was fortunate enough to have a contact... that allowed me to borrow it... and read it a few months ago.
There are many new things, and many things change. But in my opinion the best of the collection so far.

should i post a spoiler?? for those who can't wait?

odin

odin
sorry.. i guess i went overkill on the formatting huhh?

GordonSkywalker
Nothing wrong with it that I can see Odin. Looking good from this end!

odin
heh.. thanks..

GordonSkywalker
Don't mention it, us cool dudes got to stick together!

odin
yeah!... thats rightwink

GordonSkywalker
The poster of this fine thread is standing right here next to me and says he is ready and willing to answer any questions you might have!

Phoenix
Where did you find it all out?

hayden's minx
thats all good and has relived me off alot of questions, it works, if a little farfetched, I agree with Phoe though, it is real information, and have you read the actual book for thins information?

odin
yes i have read the book... this is information in the book...... except that last part... wich is my speculation......

BOPRecruit 16
i read the spoilers. that explains alot. thanks for the dish ^.~ i'll probably be reading the book while i'm at boston after school is out.

Raz
Odin, if you've marked the thread as spoiler then there is no point in using the spoiler tag.

GordonSkywalker
I am sure he was unaware of this Raz. He will no doubt be delighted to know this and act accordingly.

Phoenix
Probably just making double safe

odin
ohh... yeah...... thanks Raz

Rin
Well, that is certainly not what I expected from Harry Potter. Somewhat inappropriate for the younger mind, perhaps? Oh, and I think "seduce" is a strong word for a children's/young adult's book..

Malfoy's chick
I read the story you read Odin and it wasn't the real book, it was only like a fanfiction. But it was good to read, though. Don't be mad at me for saying that.

Ushgarak
Ah, do we have confirmation that this is NOT the actual story? I didn't read it so I cannot judge on grounds of quality. It would not surprise me if it were false.

GordonSkywalker
{Hm.......there is no pleasing some people.....}

Ushgarak
Odd thing to say. The question of whether that is genuine or not is highly pertinent.

GordonSkywalker
{Some people are never satisfied...}

Ushgarak
Cut that out. If something presented as a genuine spoiler is indeed a fake then it is my business to clarify that and adjust the thread accordingly. NO purpose is served to anyone by having falsehood provided as fact.

GordonSkywalker
Harry Potter V out in bookstores soon. Happy Dance

odin
what??? wow..... i can hardly believe it..... it was verry well done if it is a fake......

odin
but it did have me completely convinced.....

dramaqueen
I personally think that Harry Potter books are really great! Sure, maybe they are a little kidish, but if it encourages adulesence to read, then it has got to be good. The story lines hae twists in them and it's pretty cool.

dramaqueen
I personally think that Harry Potter books are really great! Sure, maybe they are a little kidish, but if it encourages adulesence to read, then it has got to be good. The story lines hae twists in them and it's pretty cool.

GordonSkywalker
He is bluffing you I think Odin. Don't let him get to you with all that bluster.

Ushgarak
Bluster? What the hell are you on, Gordon? It has been pointed out that this is fake.

Do NOT make such pointless, unhelpful posts in future.

GordonSkywalker
Chill dude. It's all good now. I apologise for angering you like that. I don't know where he got his script from. I was just helping him post it and stuff.

mac11586
I started out like some of the other people my age talking about people who read them. I saide they were for little kids.

I love reading LOTR being one of my favorite series of all time. I was quick to point out how some of the characters in HP resembled others and stuff like that.

Then one my friends said that i should actually try reading the books. At first i was alright i'll read it then tell you there bad, but boy was i wrong. These books are not just for kids. In fact there more for older people. Especially clever ones.

These books have to many threads for most kids to keep up with and i love trying to speculate on what is going to happen in the next book or what that cleverly placed phrase or look was for. I have seen the error of my ways and i am now a true fan. I do have to say the movies are not as good as the books though but that is only because there is no way the could accomodate all of the details of the books.

mac11586
just checking the thread

Deadalus
forgive me, the following is not me accusing you. It is my brain denying facts.

THAT IS A CROCK OF BULL**** YOU SADISTICK FREAK THAT CAN'T BE TRUE IT GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING HARRY POTTER IS ABOUT THEN JKR HAS TAKEN DRUGS BECAUSE THAT IS A LOAD OF ****

Thanks for your patience

Evy_O
Well, I must admit it is not what I expected either.
Some of these I've heard before, but if I got it right, you got these from a fanfiction? That's not a trustworthy source stick out tongue

I have some spoilers actually revealed by JKR herself. I'll post them later.

Phoenix
Did anyone see the story in the daily express? 3 chapters were stolen from the publishers...

trav6612
Where did you get that info in the begining from? Voldemort, Harry's Grandpa? Wow, that is nuts.

Phoenix
All fits with all the rumors Ive heard.... Eg, we find out something major about lily and abt the dursleys, etc, etc

Kes
I read in a news thread that JK said that there were gonna be 7books total, 3 left, and that either a major character dies or one of the trio dies dont remember.

steely balls
I have read that same version. And i finally found out it is not the final draft because it doesn't match what he author says about the book. J.K.
even published the begginingg part of the first chapter it doesn't match the one i read. I've read plenty of versions on the internet and they just don't match up. she even described parts in the book. I don't think anyone should readthat spoiler untill the book actually comes out because it really doesnt match the authors description, only alittle bit.

speedygurn
ive also read this so called book odin has read now we don't know if the book is the real one now do we???? miffed
we just have too wait till the 21st.....

speedygurn
and another thing it says at the bottom of the thing i read which matches the same story as odins that the story is written by a fan which took him 2 and a bit years to wright cos he was bored waiting for the ootp to come out which he also states that if is a fake what he made up.......

odin
oh...... damn..... well..... sorry everyone.. erm

guess i'll just have to wait to find out......

can any mod's edit the post?

and should i post the fan story..... for fun... for those that want to read it?

speedygurn
well if i disapointed you im sorry and yes put on a fan story for fun like you said... ill injoy reading it5 :-)

Soul--Reaver
incase nobody said it yet but the guy that started this topic has read a fake of about 350 pages which you can download on most share networks....... i really hope that this one is not the real HP5 because that would be a very bad storyline

there's another fake going around that's about 553 pages which is far better then the one that other guy read...... this one actually has the possibility of being an "early draft" of the real HP5 book

incase you think that you found the real HP5 book

the real thing has about 768 pages and 38 chapters

Ushgarak
Yup, it has been mentioned.

Soul--Reaver
this is a part of the story i read..... does anybody know if this is also a fake or just a "early draft" that leaked or something
there are some parts in it that make me think it's a fake but some parts are so wel thought of that i can not think somebody just made that up

Phoenix
Just a week and a half to go... and then we'll all know!

steely balls
That is also not the actual story because i read too. And it is pretty dirty if you ask me. Their are ten year olds reading these books, i don't think J.K. would publish something like that.

Soul--Reaver
yeah i thought so too but then again that story is very well thought of and i liked reading it....... the books do grow along with their readers...... or so they say....... oh wel we'll see soon enough, my version of the book should be on my doorstep between the 25 and 27 of june big grin

Phoenix
I thought it was out on the 21st? cos thats when amazon said mine was arriving...

Malfoy's chick
Heybig grin ,

wwhat will happen in The Order of the Phoenix? well here are some things i found out.

someone close to Harry dies, i am thinking Dobby or Hagrid in Order of Pheonix

Order of the Phoenix is a group that fights against Voldemort

Lily is Voldemort's daughter

James is Godric Grifffindor's heir

There's more to come!

Soul--Reaver
yeah but i live in holland so they probably calculated travel time too sad confused i suppose you live somewhere in the UK?

Phoenix
yup

SmartOnePotter
mad ODIN IS A HUGE LIAR! J.K. said that HArry would never ever become an animagus, and we would never see a live Lily or James EVER again! LIAR! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Ushgarak
Odin already acknowledged that he had been taken in by the false script, no need to accuse.

Evy_O
The third seems kind of unlikely... Where did you find them...
As for the first, I do agree for Dobby, but no, not Hagrid! *cries*

Soul--Reaver
i was just wondering if any of you have ever heard the audiobooks read by jim dale for the harry potter books 1 through 4? i did and i really advise others to do that too because it's really nice hearing different voices for ron, harry and all the others

Malfoy's chick
They are just rumors going around, more will come, i've got heaps

Evy_O
Me too, I'll post them once I dig them out!

speedygurn
well a few years back Stephen Fry di hpps on radio 5 live i think it was boxin day im not too sure...

Ushgarak
Almost the WHOLE of Boxing Day...

odin
well... here's the one i have.....

http://home.attbi.com/~odin/Harry_Potter_5_-_The_Order_of_the_Phoenix.txt

Malfoy's chick
Here are some more:

Lily was in Slytherin and friends with Malfoy and Snape, that's why Snape only hated James, he didn't say that he hated Lily

Harry has to die to kill Voldemort

Harry becomes an animagus, he becomes either a Phoenix, Stag, Snake or Griffin

James was part of the Order of the Phoenix, which is an auror

when Harry leaves school he will become a auror or a quidditch player

Draco Malfoy and Harry will become good friends

MORE TO COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evy_O
Where did you find these?

Malfoy's chick
They are only people's ideas on what will happen, they get ideas from the books, so on. For example why didn't Voldermort want to kill Lily because she was Slytherin and maybe his daughter

dumbly-dorr
is all that really true?? did you really read the book?? how did you get it this early??

Ushgarak
Apparently not true, sorry!

odin
should a mod change the title of the thread?

LeNnIi831
i Love those books lol i mean the length is long but the content is pretty easy. But the books are great

ceewa
there is a book 6 as well on the website and he's working on a book seven
worth look

www . hpfanfiction . net

they wont let me post links

tushhushshush
Obviously that is not a spoiler hun. J.K. Rowling has already said that it will not be Harry Ron or Hermione that dies. Also she's also made reference to the fact that Harry is in no way related to Voldemort. The way the books go, it doesn't seem likely that Lily was a Death Eater. I think you should really check the facts hun. laughing out loud

phinney6
I cant remember what A death eater is, what is it?

loz
how long did it take you to write all that stuff on the new harry potter book?

odin
a death eater is someone working for Voldemort...

odin
well... its allmost out.... so not much of a wait stick out tongue

joebloggs
Hi there
great spoilers
Just to put me out of my misery, am I right in thinking Ron is the poor
unfortunate who cops it?

odin
well. no... first of all... read the whole thread... it turns out that this is just a fan fiction..... i did not know this......

but in the one i read..... it was Nevile.... in exchange for some assistance.... and power.... some powerfull spells that V. had made up... etc

joebloggs
cheers for that.
must say it never crossed my mind it was neville. guess i'll have to wait for the book to see for myself!

joebloggs
having thought about it for a while, i reckon its ulikely to be neville. he is, after all, only a secondary character. jk rowling said she was in tears after she killed ??? off. killing neville is unlikely to make her so upset, surely?!

steely balls
I think i know who's going to die in the 5th book it's probably hagrid because the guy who plays him in the movie said he only signed up for 4 movies, he said it has to do with the fith book. JK cried over this character so it must be her favorite. She said in one interview that hagrid is one of her favorites. It just makes sense.

masterofmatrix
harry is going to die in order of the phoenix

loz
wacko

Rin
If Harry is going to die in the Order of the Phoenix.. Tell me, what would be the point of the two remaining books? Ridiculous, your theory, your.. "spoiler" or so you call it... If he did die at all, it would probably be after or in the last book.

... Ridiculous.. Simply ridiculous.. Young people these days..

trav6612
I agree with Rin, if Harry dies, what would be the point of the other books, unless he is brought back to life?

Rin
There is another thread on KMC that contains many Order of the Pheonix spoilers also stated here... I suggest you read it before posting any other incorrect "spoilers." You may very well have been reading the wrong book..

There is a... somewhat "gifted" fanfiction author that had been writing under the title of the Order of the Phoenix. An Alternate Universe speculation, no doubt. They have mislead many people, I do not blame them, to believe that their fanfiction was the true Order of the Phoenix script. I believe the "spoilers" that you have posted in this thread refer to the plot of that fanfiction.. most of them, anyway.

odin
brought back to life?.... hmm....
i figured she would write to there 7th year... and mabe one after.... them being arors... or something...

oh........ and I agree; I heard that it was going to be Hagrid that dies...... probly takes a dive for harry...... to stop V. from killing him.... and gets killed..... harry gets pissed.... and whoops some arse!

lintpickle
I need to know who dies, we have a bet running at work....

You can email me with the answer:

[email protected]

thanks...

Rin
You're betting on the lives of these characters? Especially one that the author loves.. Shame on you. Tsk tsk.

Kes
So guys what does the book say? Have you guys seen the size of that thing??!! Damn!
Came on spill!

PreCiOuSxLiLxqT
hey i am really into these harry potter books n i thought long n hard abt who could b killed. i am on chapter four of the book so i havent gotten far into it yet ... but i think its hagrid ... rowlings was upset by the death n she assured us it was not the trio so it must b hagrid. n in this book neville becomes a main character ... i have that gut feeling! i luv thsee books n i intend on having it all read by monday nite!!! lol .. ima loser .. syain its only saturday nite. well if u have nequestion or nethin i have aim n my sn is preciousxlilxqt!!! luv ya tons
amber

Soul--Reaver
i've have been searching the internet for confirmation on fakes and ways to see which ones are fake or not by an instant

i've found a good site where there are A LOT of fakes
if you find a HP book and you don't know if it's a fake you can look there
remember that the book you found under a name of one of the real HP books might have other names so use the search feature to find possibly fake book

schnoogle.com

odin
well... i have the book... and am reading it now......
the story i read... did have a few things right....
but not alot...... it hooks you from the start... and from what i can see.... the end leaves you hanging..... DYING for the next one.....

I'll make a post listing the names of the chapters....

odin
Oh.... and can A MOD CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE.... ????????

***ITS A FANFICTION THAT I READ...... NOT THE REAL ONE.....***

I'M READING THE REAL ONE NOW.... (HARDBACK)

Malfoy's chick
For those who have read the fifth book, is it the best so far? Is it more dark then the rest? I really want to know!!! rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance laughing out loud

frootlooplucy
yup, sure is. its the best so far, its really really really good!

Ushgarak
I guess this thread is actually rather irrelevant now- closing.

However, if you have come to this thread wanting to talk or learn about the new Harry Potter book, please use this thread here:

http://forums.killermovies.com/f44/t7143_1.html
We would welcome your input.

Ushgarak
Ok, guys, here is the general discussion area about the new book, have you read it, did you like it, did you hate it, were you surprised at this bit or that bit or whatever... talk about the plot freely with other people.

Don't ask me, though- I am waiting for the paperback!

Let us hear your opinions for I know there are many.

Even though this thread is labelled 'spoilers'- and indeed, spoiler away!-, I think that right now it may be polite to hide any major plot giveaways, like the end and so on....

Ushgarak
Closing this- there is now a post-book release Book V thread open.

If you want to talk about the new book in general, please go here:

We would welcome your input.

Ushgarak
If you were following any previous discussion thread on the coming book, carry on youre discussions here...

Ushgarak
I guess people can judge for themselves now.

Talk and spoilers for the new Harry Potter Book can be done here:

All input welcomed...

shellysnow
so please, tell us who died!!!!!!

sik
ANYONE HERE READ THE BOOK?

anappleater
suprisingly, a few of those are fairly acurate..

anappleater
i've read it, was mildly disappointed actually. although i really like the way she hasnt stopped harry growing up, and the fact he obviously has a healthy amount of hormones running through his veins.. it just all felt slightly disjointed to me, to many revelations ofr one book maybe.

fire*star
I understand. It was pretty 'disjointed' and I thought he seemed pretty healthy hormone-wise. Otherwise I thought it was a great book. I love the advance guard - mad eye's pretty cool. plus fred and george are the best - they're hilarious sumtimes, but they realize what they're doin. All the characters are fantastic. I hate the new dark arts teacher though. she one evil so and so. cant wait til the 6th one

fire*star
surprisingly, most (but definitely not all) are, yeah.

Phoenix
ARGLES!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!

Phoenix
I can't believe he's really dead! anybody but sirius i couyld have dealed with!

raviultimate
Is it ArthurWeasley who dies?

Lupin
Yes, you are right, he does die. Have you seen the rubbish the other people are posting?
Lies I tell you, LIES!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>